Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:03:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard)  (Read 961402 times)
coolkudos

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:44:08 PM

Negging is an act of emotional manipulation whereby a person makes a deliberate backhanded compliment or other remark to another person to undermine their confidence and increase their need of the manipulator's approval.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scottii

Activity: 804
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 02:49:47 PM

Prrrrft is just salty he got banned from the slack for concern trolling. This is literally all he has ever done in the expanse slack. Atleast a few times a week he would do this. Ask anyone from the EXP chat.

Check it.  I specifically remember when Chris was talking about doing a charity event for Borderless Charity to give back to the homeless  center, or maybe it was a woman's center.  Anyhow, Prfft went on for about 3 hours saying that what we were doing was wrong.

Who the hell bashes on a charity???

Now you're just making stuff up, post a screenshot. For the record i always thought the charity was a nice thing and if i did anything to attack it i apologize.

Why are you even trying to discredit me anyway. I haven't said anything that isn't either true or my honest opinion and now i'm being accused of 'concern trolling' and attacking a charity?

That's low man, really low. If anything is toxic in the community it's this right here.

I'm not making stuff up.  Maybe you forgot the scenario, but the definition of being toxic is exactly why you were banned.

We get suggestions and open ideas all the time.  They are very much welcome. 
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:58:13 PM

Franko, how many people are currently active in the EXP team??
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:23:15 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 03:40:03 PM by Pffrt

Prrrrft is just salty he got banned from the slack for concern trolling. This is literally all he has ever done in the expanse slack. Atleast a few times a week he would do this. Ask anyone from the EXP chat.

Check it.  I specifically remember when Chris was talking about doing a charity event for Borderless Charity to give back to the homeless  center, or maybe it was a woman's center.  Anyhow, Prfft went on for about 3 hours saying that what we were doing was wrong.

Now you're just making stuff up, post a screenshot. For the record i always thought the charity was a nice thing and if i did anything to attack it i apologize.

Why are you even trying to discredit me anyway. I haven't said anything that isn't either true or my honest opinion and now i'm being accused of 'concern trolling' and attacking a charity?

That's low man, really low. If anything is toxic in the community it's this right here.

I'm not making stuff up.  Maybe you forgot the scenario, but the definition of being toxic is exactly why you were banned.

We get suggestions and open ideas all the time.  They are very much welcome.  

As i said, show me exactly how this happened. I'm not a person to bash a charity and again if i said anything to undermine the charity i apologize. Whatever way my comments came across i can assure you i didn't mean to badmouth the charity.

You think you're open to ideas but in reality you're not, i saw it on the slack all the time. Someone says something and team member will say 'great feedback, we're going to do that!'. And then nothing happens with it. Then if people start to ask further questions you get more and more annoyed.
Or in that case, maybe you are open to ideas, but you don't process them, and then get annoyed when people are still asking for it.

Another thing that often happens is someone asks you a question, you give a partial answer which doesn't really answer the question, they keep asking and the team gets annoyed. As a result the conversation gets more bitter with each response. The person asking the question doesn't feel understood and the team members feel attacked (somehow).

Now i'm the kind of person who will not let something like that go and i'll keep bringing it up until something actually happens or until i get an actual answer, and that's how i frustrated you. I never meant to do or say anything bad or particularly critical but the team's constant avoiding reaction steered the conversation that way.

I'm part of many communities and nowhere do i have a problem like this, most are very friendly and positive. There's something wrong with the way you handle certain community members - if you handle it well a situation like this can at all times be avoided. You can say it's my responsibility to keep the peace but it really isn't, its yours because it's mainly in your interest.

I mean, it isn't just me. I've seen team members be horrible to other members on the slack too. It's always the people who ask sensitive questions though. You have to find a way to deal with that. As a dev team you can't allow yourself to feel attacked that easily.

Maybe you should take a look at how other dev teams deal with community feedback/questions/concerns.
scottii

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 04:23:01 PM

Franko, how many people are currently active in the EXP team??

Chris Franko, James Clayton, Ahmad S., Terry M., Omar (can't remember his last name), David Drake, Marcia M., Asim Ashfaq, and myself.  Asim has a team of developers that works under him, but I don't know their names specifically.  There also a 3 more people that work under me to do social media stuff.  In addition, a maybe 3-4 more who do a variety of things upon request - Dennis (DINC) is one of them.
scottii

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 04:34:33 PM

Check it.  I specifically remember when Chris was talking about doing a charity event for Borderless Charity to give back to the homeless  center, or maybe it was a woman's center.  Anyhow, Prfft went on for about 3 hours saying that what we were doing was wrong.

I'm not making stuff up.  Maybe you forgot the scenario, but the definition of being toxic is exactly why you were banned.

As i said, show me exactly how this happened. I'm not a person to bash a charity and again if i said anything to undermine the charity i apologize. Whatever way my comments came across i can assure you i didn't mean to badmouth the charity.

You think you're open to ideas but in reality you're not, i saw it on the slack all the time. Someone says something and team member will say 'great feedback, we're going to do that!'. And then nothing happens with it. Then if people start to ask further questions you get more and more annoyed.
Or in that case, maybe you are open to ideas, but you don't process them, and then get annoyed when people are still asking for it.

Another thing that often happens is someone asks you a question, you give a partial answer which doesn't really answer the question, they keep asking and the team gets annoyed. As a result the conversation gets more bitter with each response. The person asking the question doesn't feel understood and the team members feel attacked (somehow).

Now i'm the kind of person who will not let something like that go and i'll keep bringing it up until something actually happens or until i get an actual answer, and that's how i frustrated you. I never meant to do or say anything bad or particularly critical but the team's constant avoiding reaction steered the conversation that way.

I'm part of many communities and nowhere do i have a problem like this, most are very friendly and positive. There's something wrong with the way you handle certain community members - if you handle it well a situation like this can at all times be avoided. You can say it's my responsibility to keep the peace but it really isn't, its yours because it's mainly in your interest.

I mean, it isn't just me. I've seen team members be horrible to other members on the slack too. It's always the people who ask sensitive questions though. You have to find a way to deal with that. As a dev team you can't allow yourself to feel attacked that easily.

Maybe you should take a look at how other dev teams deal with community feedback/questions/concerns.

Obey chat rules, and all will go well.  Otherwise, ya get banned.  Thanks for the apology, but that still has a long way to come from all the other toxicity.  It's not about asking sensitive question.  The problem was that we would answer your question several times, but you would keep going on like we would ignore you.  Maybe it wasn't the answer you wanted to hear or was looking for, but the fact remains we answered it accordingly.

A lot of communities face similar problems, from shilling of other token projects to fud.  No crypto project is the perfect utopia when it comes to the overall community.  Even bitcoin has its problems.

An example is that I was banned from the ETH discord for posting information in thread where moderators specifically instructed me to do so.  One guy, who wasn't even supposed to have admin access, banned me because he didn't agree with the news of the article.  This was just news, no shill or fud.   
Pffrt

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:14:12 PM

Obey chat rules, and all will go well.  Otherwise, ya get banned.  Thanks for the apology, but that still has a long way to come from all the other toxicity.  It's not about asking sensitive question.  The problem was that we would answer your question several times, but you would keep going on like we would ignore you.  Maybe it wasn't the answer you wanted to hear or was looking for, but the fact remains we answered it accordingly.

A lot of communities face similar problems, from shilling of other token projects to fud.  No crypto project is the perfect utopia when it comes to the overall community.  Even bitcoin has its problems.

An example is that I was banned from the ETH discord for posting information in thread where moderators specifically instructed me to do so.  One guy, who wasn't even supposed to have admin access, banned me because he didn't agree with the news of the article.  This was just news, no shill or fud.   

I'm not trying to patch things up with you or get back into the slack, i could make a new account but i have no interest in following the project any further. I apologized for that specific instance because if anything of the sort happened i take responsibility for it, and i'm not going to let my account get slandered like that.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, if i kept asking it's because you didn't answer my question sufficiently. The team has a long-standing pattern of answering questions without actually saying anything, or just trying to discredit whatever the source was.

I've seen it happen to other people as well, for example the guy who was asking about the Tokenlab price bonuses for larger investments. He didn't mean anything bad, just wanted your point of view and the conversation turned incredibly toxic.
In like 3 sentences the conversation turned to slandering Vitalik Buterin, because he said something like ICO's with bonuses don't understand how it works, instead of answering the question. What in the actual hell. It wasn't the guy asking the question who made that toxic, it was the team's reaction.

It's such a cop-out answer to say "there can be no utopia". It's a way of saying everything you do is as possible and whatever bad stuff happens is not your fault, it's again very fitting for the attitude of the team. There's always something to improve.
scottii

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:15:47 PM

I'm not trying to patch things up with you or get back into the slack, i could make a new account but i have no interest in following the project any further. I apologized for that specific instance because if anything of the sort happened i take responsibility for it, and i'm not going to let my account get slandered like that.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, if i kept asking it's because you didn't answer my question sufficiently. The team has a long-standing pattern of answering questions without actually saying anything, or just trying to discredit whatever the source was.

I've seen it happen to other people as well, for example the guy who was asking about the Tokenlab price bonuses for larger investments. He didn't mean anything bad, just wanted your point of view and the conversation turned incredibly toxic.
In like 3 sentences the conversation turned to slandering Vitalik Buterin, because he said something like ICO's with bonuses don't understand how it works, instead of answering the question. What in the actual hell. It wasn't the guy asking the question who made that toxic, it was the team's reaction.

It's such a cop-out answer to say "there can be no utopia". It's a way of saying everything you do is as possible and whatever bad stuff happens is not your fault, it's again very fitting for the attitude of the team. There's always something to improve.

first of all, we answer all the questions.  this isnt some shady scam project.  sure, EXP faced a lot of heat after ETH messed up their DAO and many considered EXP would soon follow, but it did not.  The DAO is finished and moving towards beta testing next year.

Next, VB made comments on his twitter account about ICOs being wrong about offering tiered bonuses.  You asked why, and we provided an answer.  This answer, word-for-word, because we decided to.  That was the answer.  However, because you did not agree with that answer, you, and only you, kept going on and on about why should not be doing that.  My comments about anything VB says should not be credible since this is a guy that supports CP.

There were many back and forth situations going like this each every time we did an update, posted a video, distributed the newsletters.

It's situations like this, no I should say, exactly like this, is how you were trying to turn the community against us.  A few others in that conversation understood what was happened, but as soon as the question was answered, that was the end of it.  Only you kept pressuring us, kinda like you are now.

Take it however you will.  I've been in crypto since 2013.  Have seen everything from straight up legit projects to 100% scams.  There is no perfect community.  Why?  Because different folks have different strokes.  I like something you may now, and visa versa.

So let me ask you, what are your motives now?  Doesn't seem like much has changed.
areed

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:28:41 PM

i do not normally step into these debates, but was there when the conversation occurred, this prrrrft guy would not stop taunting the expanse team. 

Zarrukh

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:04:26 PM

there will always be people which are going to undermine the other, EXPanse Community is strong and isnt going anywhere, we are at the
Pinnacle of Change and we will see EXPanse rising and moving ahead.
Pffrt

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:38:11 PM

first of all, we answer all the questions.  this isnt some shady scam project.  sure, EXP faced a lot of heat after ETH messed up their DAO and many considered EXP would soon follow, but it did not.  The DAO is finished and moving towards beta testing next year.

Next, VB made comments on his twitter account about ICOs being wrong about offering tiered bonuses.  You asked why, and we provided an answer.  This answer, word-for-word, because we decided to.  That was the answer.  However, because you did not agree with that answer, you, and only you, kept going on and on about why should not be doing that.  My comments about anything VB says should not be credible since this is a guy that supports CP.

There were many back and forth situations going like this each every time we did an update, posted a video, distributed the newsletters.

It's situations like this, no I should say, exactly like this, is how you were trying to turn the community against us.  A few others in that conversation understood what was happened, but as soon as the question was answered, that was the end of it.  Only you kept pressuring us, kinda like you are now.

Take it however you will.  I've been in crypto since 2013.  Have seen everything from straight up legit projects to 100% scams.  There is no perfect community.  Why?  Because different folks have different strokes.  I like something you may now, and visa versa.

So let me ask you, what are your motives now?  Doesn't seem like much has changed.

I didn't ask anything regarding the tiered ICO, and i didn't participate in the conversation at all. I just read it the other day and reminded it.

Show me a screenshot of me saying even a single word on that topic, it doesn't exist. Probably a lot of other things you think i did also didn't happen.

I've been in crypto since early 2014 and i've also seen everything, and this project disappointed me.

As for my motives, i explained them already. I came here to vent my frustration because it was the only place left to do so, and because you responded with personal attacks (and still are), i keep coming back do defend myself.

I was already done with this 3 posts ago so do us both a favor and stop saying i did stuff i didn't do so we can end this.
scottii

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:52:27 PM

I didn't ask anything regarding the tiered ICO, and i didn't participate in the conversation at all. I just read it the other day and reminded it.

Show me a screenshot of me saying even a single word on that topic, it doesn't exist. Probably a lot of other things you think i did also didn't happen.

I've been in crypto since early 2014 and i've also seen everything, and this project disappointed me.

As for my motives, i explained them already. I came here to vent my frustration because it was the only place left to do so, and because you responded with personal attacks (and still are), i keep coming back do defend myself.

I was already done with this 3 posts ago so do us both a favor and stop saying i did stuff i didn't do so we can end this.

We stopped paying for slack a long time ago, because they cannot increase security to prevent spam.  After reaching out to their support, ironically, they told us to go to Discord.

Since Slack is not being purchased anymore, old messages are not saved.
scottii

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:54:45 PM

there will always be people which are going to undermine the other, EXPanse Community is strong and isnt going anywhere, we are at the
Pinnacle of Change and we will see EXPanse rising and moving ahead.

ya you right.  it used to get to me awhile back, but after awhile it's just another day.  idk why so much energy gets put into it, when the same could go towards something more productive.

#wisdom
Babad00k

Activity: 223

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:05:09 AM

I will forever have pure hate in my heart for EXP. While about 99% of the crypto coins went x5-x20 in USD value in the past 4 months, EXP went from 3 USD to 2 USD. It hurt me every day and the pain doesnt go away, with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I dont even wanna calculate how much ive lost .... and missed out on, trusting this project.

BrotherJ

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:46:34 AM

Maybe you should take some lessons in risk management.  Wink

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Investopedia

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:25:30 AM

EXP is very underrated at the moment, I predict it will shoot back up to 10x it's current value soon.
The amount of things happening with Borderless, the DAO and Token Lab is exciting.
UTKN

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:06:50 AM

I will forever have pure hate in my heart for EXP. While about 99% of the crypto coins went x5-x20 in USD value in the past 4 months, EXP went from 3 USD to 2 USD. It hurt me every day and the pain doesnt go away, with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I dont even wanna calculate how much ive lost .... and missed out on, trusting this project.

Exactly how I feel right now. I mined over 600 EXP (instead of ETH, even though higher profitability) during the summer and I held it for many months. However, I sold it a few days ago, moved on to other coins and I finally started seeing some profit from here and there. EXP used to be 3-4 USD at some point, but I didn't sell it because I saw a lot of potential in this project. I truly believed that it was an undervalued project and coin so I waited, thinking that the value would go up really soon, but nope... I'm really naive sometimes.

I bought back some EXP from the profit I've made with other coins, and I'm going to HODL, but I've lost a lot of hope.

Sorry.
TTMNewsK

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:13:53 AM

EXP is very underrated at the moment, I predict it will shoot back up to 10x it's current value soon.
The amount of things happening with Borderless, the DAO and Token Lab is exciting.
Soon, EXPANSE will be back to its real value. It won't be underrated anymore.
Lets wait for it. ☺
staceyoh

Activity: 381

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:56:22 AM

Soon, EXPANSE will be back to its real value. It won't be underrated anymore.
Lets wait for it. ☺
Someday, Expanse will be one of the most valued coin in this crypto world.
Many people will also learn to believe in the potential of Expanse.
Zarrukh

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:30:18 PM

People had the same fear when Ethereum wasn't going up the whole last year, sometimes you need to wait, so wait and you will see the true value Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: