May 05, 2024, 10:24:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237558 times)
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2451
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 07:52:10 AM

We are all waiting for the good news Smiley

Not this, even not next year. I can wait but I am not sure 95% of the people in crypto will do.
I see good news every day!
Not on Bitcointalk, but when I talk to a lot of people personoly in the GIS/Energy/Enviriomental field about the applications I have in mint with crypto. These contacts keep me believe that what I want to achieve is not a dream.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 11:44:51 AM

well, the only sort of good news i can proffer you folkses right now is that we've gotten replies from two venture capital firms regarding applications ive made. somewhere, oh, five or so pages back, someone mentioned that we "hadnt atracted any big investors", and while im sure that was regarding crypto as a whole, it got me thinking. i wrote several firms last week, somewhere in the range of twenty or thirty, submitting applications to both venture capitalist organizations and "angel investors". most of them were local to nova scotia where im from, owing to the logistics of travel to the in-person meetings that will be required.

i look at it this way, what we have *IS* a good investment, long term, which is what these organizations look for, and is an innovative way of looking at how to apply the EVM technology. many of the people that offer investment money thru these firms are looking for twenty times their investment over eight years, which given where we are now and where the technology in eight years will logically be given the exponential advancements within computing and cryptotechnology. (theres a statistic somewhere that states we double our overall single computer computational capacity every 16 months, which is quickening.) what we have built with SOIL is a brand new way of implementing this technology, although firms like microsoft are already looking at how to use it themselves with azure, but again, in an unfocused universal way.

with capital investment, we are unfortunately beholden TO the investors, but by placing a portion of what we've asked for (which is essentially around the minimum investment preferred...) into bitcoin, we can offer a 'per project' costing to DApp developers who bring forth the specific technologies we need and want to strengthen the infrastructure and middleware towards large scale applications needs our target industry endusers will require.

the difference with venture capitalists and angel investors is that the VCs look for a partial ownership in the project, which can be achieved thru a partial "buy-back" of available "shares" in SOIL. this in itself will help to boost the valuation of SOIL, BUT conversely, will create a larger "voting block" against what we've envisioned towards a truly fair and democratic process along our timeline.

id prefer the individual investors thru these methods rather than corporations, to be honest. individual VCs and investors are more of the risk-takers, and while i dont view SOIL as a whole to be that ungainly a risk given where we are presently, where we are projecting to be... but as cryptocurrency itself as a product is so entirely speculative and this isnt a bricks-and-mortar business we have.

anyhow, this is why ive been rather silent this past week with updates, and why ive put down my studies into Solidity and DApps development personally for a few days... the applications process for these is very in depth and having to rewrite our "roadmap" to suit this, and present a cohesive plan, has taken a emergency room doctors work week worth of time.

for those interested in learning Solidity to create the sorts of DApps we need built, a great in depth site can be found at:
https://eng.erisindustries.com/tutorials/2015/03/11/solidity-1/

remember, this is the sort of project that NEEDS you to be involved, and building middleware and functioning applications for the system is a great way to help not only increase the value of your own personal holdings in SOIL, but when capital investment becomes available for the specific DApps needed, will be an opportunity for a nice payday as well. if you truly expect us to build the whole system on our own backs, populating the blockchain our own selves, with no contribution from the community, then you must also need to expect this project and application creation to be on a slower timescale as well.

if you look at ethereum, not only do they have a large and corporate-funded development team, you also need to look at the number of individuals, unrenumerated, who are working on DApps, you will see how the model SHOULD be working. that being said, if you build a "rock/paper/scissors" gambling DApp for SOIL, you really shouldnt expect a bounty (although you should realize a profit). think to scale, consider what we're building towards and offer appropriate applications against this and you will help SOIL grow into the brand and overall "crypto-entity" we have envisioned.
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:05:47 PM

Pump on Bittrex! Smiley
Dimid

Activity: 702
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:08:18 PM

Pump on Bittrex! Smiley
This is not a "Pump and Dump". Someone has big plans for the coin.
Shkembe
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:10:28 PM

Pump on Bittrex! Smiley
This is not a "Pump and Dump". Someone has big plans for the coin.

This is exactly Pump&Dump wich doesn't excludes the big plans for the coin!

I am mining it till the start, bought 30k at 300 sat, and have not intention to sell soon exactly because of this plans! Smiley
herzogzwei

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

reality overcomes

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:27:36 PM

Nice time to buy right now folks!

Good news            check V
Got plans            check V
The community    check V
Volume is rising            check V

Next stop at 3k. Mark my words
Shkembe
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:32:28 PM

Nice time to buy right now folks!

Good news            check V
Got plans            check V
The community    check V
Volume is rising            check V

Next stop at 3k. Mark my words

Agreed! Absolutely!

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 02:35:32 PM

+ I'm happy wiyh my vision that SOIL was very undervalued.
I regret now buying more!
I'm #3 on bittrex.

Shkembe
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 08:49:25 PM

I am #4
Zywiec

Activity: 414

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:52:47 AM

Simply awesome.

Having said that I mean it was just pumped at all. No relation with current phase of project.

Or there is something behind the curtain...

Choose your point of view.
herzogzwei

reality overcomes

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 05:45:48 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 07:04:17 AM by herzogzwei

Gonna promote SOIL via twitter & reddit! All in community hands!
So we're waiting GOOD news to launch this rocket!

Welcome to the speculation thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247272.0
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 06:28:06 PM

I am #4
Nice, maybe I Withdrawal soon offline.
The question is: Who is #1 and #2?

Shkembe
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 06:33:32 PM

I am #4

Ryan Pumpers Group Smiley
abvhiael

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:23:06 PM

I am #4

Ryan Pumpers Group Smiley

im not sure if thats the "mr. pump" guy who wrote me with the offer to "market" SOIL thru his pump group when we first launched. i didnt respond to it, because i dont think thats an honest way to conduct business, even though i understand its a part of how cryptocurrency operates, as far as im concerned, its tantamount to price manipulation, which i think interferes with the free and fair operation of the market by deliberately creating a false valuation which makes the pumping group money at the expense of the traders who they target. i think SOIL should stand on its own merit, irregardless of the fact i might think we are undervalued. ive stayed out of the market because i dont want to be seen as having any influence over its price. i dont want to be involved in artificially moving the price, and have been content to let the market decide for itself what value they want for SOIL. i HOPE theres no pump and dump by outside persons going on, because that tarnishes the name and reputation of the project, but i also understand that a lot of that happens in the cryptoworld. i hope that as we can build this system, incrementally as it seems, to include proper framework applications, that the price of SOIL will increase proportionately and steadily.
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 05:11:39 AM

i hope that as we can build this system, incrementally as it seems, to include proper framework applications, that the price of SOIL will increase proportionately and steadily.
That is the right focus and the way to create sustaiable value for SOIL

herzogzwei

reality overcomes

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:10:31 AM

im not sure if thats the "mr. pump" guy who wrote me with the offer to "market" SOIL thru his pump group when we first launched. i didnt respond to it, because i dont think thats an honest way to conduct business, even though i understand its a part of how cryptocurrency operates, as far as im concerned, its tantamount to price manipulation, which i think interferes with the free and fair operation of the market by deliberately creating a false valuation which makes the pumping group money at the expense of the traders who they target. i think SOIL should stand on its own merit, irregardless of the fact i might think we are undervalued. ive stayed out of the market because i dont want to be seen as having any influence over its price. i dont want to be involved in artificially moving the price, and have been content to let the market decide for itself what value they want for SOIL. i HOPE theres no pump and dump by outside persons going on, because that tarnishes the name and reputation of the project, but i also understand that a lot of that happens in the cryptoworld. i hope that as we can build this system, incrementally as it seems, to include proper framework applications, that the price of SOIL will increase proportionately and steadily.
Very sad if you really think so
Market will decide to dump and delist SOIL because of lack of interest. Matter of time.
There is lots of projects like yours with huge plans and proper applications.
Look at them now they are all in huge ass. Trashed and abandoned by crypto society.
With devs like you who thought it will grow by itself but it don't - because you don't understand how it works.

There is the ones who really needs SOIL for real purpose? (not for the trading speculation)
Doubt it
So
Welcome to the speculation thread, buy/sell, make profit!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247272.0

abvhiael

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:01:18 PM

Very sad if you really think so
Market will decide to dump and delist SOIL because of lack of interest. Matter of time.
There is lots of projects like yours with huge plans and proper applications.
Look at them now they are all in huge ass. Trashed and abandoned by crypto society.
With devs like you who thought it will grow by itself but it don't - because you don't understand how it works.

SOIL cant grow merely by itself, thats not what i was saying. i was simply stating that im hoping that there wasnt an artificial pump and dump of the currency on the market. some people make money, those who are parts of these "pumping groups" and LOTS lose money because of those schemes. id rather build better DApps for SOIL, construct a framework to place scalable apps on it, and have it increase in valuation BECAUSE of that, not because of ersatz price manipulation.

There is the ones who really needs SOIL for real purpose? (not for the trading speculation)
Doubt it

ive stated from the get go that i done envision SOIL to be MERELY a speculative currency. there is a purpose for the EVM that we've created, and while the universality of Ethereum works fine FOR ETH, in order for our coin to survive we need to find a hig-growth niche market segment to bring this technology to. which is why we identified the innovations within the agriculture industry to target. by being in on the ground floor, both regarding emergent cryptocurrency tech and agri-automation, we can create a sustainable competitive advantage by building a strong franchise with a superior operating platform that has not existed for this industry here-to-fore.

while perhaps we arent rolling out pretty things to fascinate the community, we are working on our stated mission plan... im communicating with market representatives about what we've built, im communicating with venture capitalists for fiat infusion so that we can pay other developers to create the DApps we need, im actually learning Solidity and Serpent so that i can help in the development of these DApps. ive been looking at projects such as EtherEx to work in a similar fashion on the SOIL VM. there is a LOT going on behind the curtain here.

remember that this technology is VERY new, and even on ETH, aside from HEAVILY corporately funded projects with proprietary ownership, the implementation of DApps is slowgoing. the virtual machine is in place, its running smoothly, and without major hiccups. there is a real purpose for SOIL far beyond the speculative currency.

tell me what 90% of the other altcoins really have BEYOND currency speculation? those 90% will wither and die eventually because they dont offer any innovations whatsoever. their ONLY purpose is for trading on the markets and to make the copy-and-paste development team quick profit before they abandon it and go off to make another vanity coin... give me an example of ANY other currencies that push the envelope of the technology in a meaningful and marketable way.

i have no control over the market itself, what the valuation is. i leave that to those who are speculating on the currency. do i think SOIL is undervalued? of course i do, and ridiculously so. mayhaps we shouldnt have been so generous with our bounty program to start with, but we thought it was necessary to build a strong community and to acknowledge the work done to help us get on our way. all i *CAN* do right now is continue to work along the lines i have stated from day one and let the eventual product speak for itself.

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 12:40:33 PM

@abvhiael I think there is a flor now in the market and I have to move my buy orders to more realistic price to get some extra SOIL.
You must contact http://coinmarketcap.com/ becouse SOIL not to find there and it gives extra exposure.
Is there a blockexplorer?
What is the distribution scheme, how much SOIL is there and how fast growing?

Thank you people dumping on me @Bittrex, if you keep dumping I buy the rest and support SOIL.
I see many prospects for application and I' m very curious on the further development.

abvhiael

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:20:35 PM

@abvhiael I think there is a flor now in the market and I have to move my buy orders to more realistic price to get some extra SOIL.
You must contact http://coinmarketcap.com/ becouse SOIL not to find there and it gives extra exposure.

we ARE listed on coinmarketcap.com, actually. unfortunately, the basic block explorer (explorer.soilcoin.xyz) is still the method of checking the system from the outside. our full market capitalization sits at a little over $2750 for all market available SOIL, based on the low price on the sell wall.. and this information isnt available there, yet, nor is the total *available* supply (which doesnt count the community or developers reserves). a fully featured explorer IS one of the major developments that we need implemented.. hence my learning the major programmatic languages involved with the Ethereum system. we did have an full-feature explorer set up, from another respected community member, but as we could only offer SOIL as a bounty for its use at the time, and they wanted 50% of the cost in BTC, we couldnt meet their price when the valuation of SOIL dropped to its floor.

at present we are on block#132323, which corresponds to 1,058,000 SOIL presently minted. this is beyond the distribution curve id hoped for at the beginning, with the target block time reduction from 35seconds to 15seconds, which was unexpected by myself.  this brings us closer to the 2million SOIL mintage, and the implementation of one SOIL, one vote" democracy that ive envisioned, much quicker. thus, the target block time, total mintage (hard cap of 33 million or perpetual mintage?) and other concerns will be in the hands of the community.

i maintain my full developer reserve, which is truthfully 0.02SOIL lower than its original 50,000 SOIL, simply due to the gas used for the deployment of middleware smart contracts on the blockchain as ive brought myself to a better understanding of the Solidity programming language. as i mentioned from the get-go, im not a programmer, but have found myself in the position that i NEED to become one by necessity. what ive deployed are VERY simple contracts (personal tokens, random number generators, something similar to the 'bank' contract in the Solidity tutorials) which arent really useful beyond getting me familiar with the programmatic language, deployment and calling of the contracts overall.

im glad you are supporting us, and im sure that your purchases of SOIL at this price will bring you definite dividends as we go forward. its refreshing to have those community members who are far-sighted with regards to the potentialities regarding the use we see for the EVM. therell always be those that only understand the technology as limited to the exchanges online, and thats ok, too. we need those speculators involved. EVERY cryptocurrency has its ups and downs. so far, thanks to that shortsightedness, we have had downs. with innovative DApps in the process of creation, we WILL have our ups.

[/quote]
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:00:58 PM

Thank you people dumping on me @Bittrex, if you keep dumping I buy the rest and support SOIL.
I see many prospects for application and I' m very curious on the further development.

This looks like a good coin and I'm wanting to buy some. The problem is it's a PoW coin. New coins dumped every day.

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: