May 24, 2024, 10:38:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237558 times)
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 08:39:27 PM

Does anyone have any working peers?  None of the addpeers in this thread work.

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157

no degradation

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 09:51:49 PM

thanks,
richie@bittrex
Hi, try altsheets' list: http://178.62.133.174:9001/#/util/peers

Smiley

"And the machine keeps pushing time through the cogs, like paste into strings into paste again, and only the machine keeps using time to make time to make time.
And when the machine stops, time is an illusion that we created free will.
" - an unnamed Hybrid
altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 11:15:11 AM

thanks,
richie@bittrex
Hi, try altsheets' list: http://178.62.133.174:9001/#/util/peers

Smiley

That is always uptodate, as it is autogenerated, see reminder, and explanations.

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
holgerkpedersen

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:12:40 PM

@abvhiael: Thanks for the info update of your thoughts about the attacks on ETH based blockchains.  Wink

I understand your concerns about the centralization of knowledge about locking blocks, and the chance of corruption amongst insiders. I agree, it's not better. But, the bigger the number of nodes, the harder it is to take over with 51% attacks. Probably, it could be a solution until the network has matured.

ive been giving this a lot of thought, and tearing thru google like a madman, about this problem thats faced Krypton and Shift. and the idea presented, hardcoded blocks, seems like the best scenario, assuming a trustworthy currency developer. Ive never veiwed SOIL as a financial engine... hell, theres more than enough blockchains out there that are hyperobsessed with fintech, and yeah, thats where the money is. but SOIL isnt about that, its always been about the technology, how it can change EVERY sector of industry. and to make that technology available, globally. its always been about building the dApps for distributed climate prediction, and microgrid systems, and food provenance and livestock lineage, its been about making this sort of technology, these smart contracts, available to anyone, with operating costs a fraction of what corporate interests use to line their pockets with. i think its sad to see Krypton abandon the EVM, and its sad to see Shift migrate to LISK, but thats the reality of the cryptopolitical landscape. to accomplish wwhat SOIL is to become, we need the EVM. and no, not Ethereum's blockchain or Expanse's blockchains, because those currencies are very good at being what they are building themselves into. SOIL should always be something different, and it should always be independent, and as open to its users as it is NOW. anyone can build on SOIL, anything. gas costs, comparatively, for computational intesive work, SOIL is gonna be the place to go. and i want SOIL to be a.. well.. a "humanitarian blockchain" or maybe the first truly GREEN one. ive said from the beginning that this project is going to something that takes YEARS to mature. what i WANT to build with it, technology has to catch up with. its a committment, and its been hard to really focus on it over the last few months, while finances were tighter than theyve ever been. but i weathered thru, and SOIL did too. i hope, if the 51Crew guys are monitoring these smaller EVM blockchains, and if theyre reading this, please dont attack SOIL. theres no money to pay off your ransom. for me, keeping my family fed is a near day to day proposition. i have NO cryptocurrency reserves. but SOIL is something different. we're under the radar, quietly building something that will benefit humanity in the end. its not about money, its about leaving something more and better behind than what we found this world when we were born.

that being said,hard coded benchmarks on the blockchain should be easy enough to fit into our protocols, and have those run by a smart contract. theres quite a lot of smart contract blockchain administrative stuff that i want to get set up under an umbrella SOILdev account, things already running on the SOILnet as contracts. this should be one of those sorts of things. at least, although the SOILcoin Foundation might maintain the keys to those contracts, the whole of it can be automated, and protected by a 2-of-3 multisig wallet, with at least one unaffiliated but active community member as a signatory.

this post really went sideways from where id planned, but lack of coffee in my system toay is likely the culprit. trying to catch up on these nodes, and cloud servers. to whom offered up a vultr server instance, id check the message list, but ive got KITTENS roaming across my mousepad right nw, and one wrong move... (sighs) will post again later if i can. i have a massive TO-DO list involved to get SOILnet back up and healthier than ever. then i can get back to building the neat stuff for it.

Coffee beats it all Cheesy

Lots of thoughts. The weak spot is the trustworthyness of the developers involved with setting the benchmarks on the nodes. They are very important central players. If one of them turns evil; trouble will start spinning.

It might still be possible to take over the best chain with less nodes than 51% - The 51Crew DDoS attacks will be able to take down the majority of nodes; except those controlled by the attackers. Safety of the blockchain is the key to success. If you can't trust it; you can't risk it.

Just a thought: If the software, somehow could detect a major fallout of the peers; the software could be able to alert the other nodes; and set the network to a halt; preventing the attackers from doing anything, because of suspension, until a routine investigation has been done by blockchain surveiling software. A certain percentage of nodes must send a "go" signal; before the suspension of the network will be reverted to normal state.

Disens

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 09:23:44 AM

The forum is quiet
The pool does not pay (soil.4miners.net)
Is so bad with SoilCoin?
Mariuszeq

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:27:30 PM

[...]
Hi, here is my SOIL address:
Code:
0x4c36b095E198c7D7B5Fa550C5910E7B9Ce31b1be
I did it to support community, not for the bounty, but thank you for all the donations. Cheesy
... I have now sent my 500 SOIL here ^^^    ( 0xb5e1baba008b931e92939eced922d6528febc9fb9d90111300780f25e0d33771 )
[...]
Thank you for the bounty, because pool still have 0% fee I really appreciate it. Smiley

The forum is quiet
The pool does not pay (soil.4miners.net)
Is so bad with SoilCoin?
All payments was processed a moment ago, future payments should be sent regularly (4h interval). Also we will fund the network with new nodes asap, because we still cannot keep more than 2 active connections.
http://stats.soil.4miners.net
Vindicate

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:38:02 PM

SOIL dead/dying??
apolo11

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 01:55:34 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2016, 02:29:56 PM by apolo11

All payments was processed a moment ago, future payments should be sent regularly (4h interval). Also we will fund the network with new nodes asap, because we still cannot keep more than 2 active connections.
Want to help!
My soil wallet most of times is open, how to join at http://stats.soil.4miners.net  found at previous posts how to set up a node but which "WS_SERVER" address have to set, is it enough to set it  http://stats.soil.4miners.net ?
cheers
Mariuszeq

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 03:45:16 PM

Want to help!
My soil wallet most of times is open, how to join at http://stats.soil.4miners.net  found at previous posts how to set up a node but which "WS_SERVER" address have to set, is it enough to set it  http://stats.soil.4miners.net ?
cheers
[...]
We also released statistics for Soil:
stats.soil.4miners.net
Config to add your node:
Code:
"WS_SERVER"       : "ws://stats.soil.4miners.net",
"WS_SECRET"       : "SoilForever!",

altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 12:07:33 AM

I still owed the promised pledged bounty for the mining pools ...
... I have now sent my 500 SOIL here ^^^    ( 0xb5e1baba008b931e92939eced922d6528febc9fb9d90111300780f25e0d33771 )
Thank you for the bounty, because pool still have 0% fee I really appreciate it. Smiley
Happy that you are happy  Wink

stats.soil.4miners.net
Config to add your node:
Code:
"WS_SERVER"       : "ws://stats.soil.4miners.net",
"WS_SECRET"       : "SoilForever!",

Hooray. That is really cool. We have a stats page again, great. Thanks a lot!

More people: join in!

This is what I have done to get it (the new version) running:

Code:
mv eth-net-intelligence-api eth-net-intelligence-api_OLD

git clone https://github.com/cubedro/eth-net-intelligence-api
cd eth-net-intelligence-api
npm install
sudo npm install -g pm2

nano app.json

{
      "NODE_ENV"        : "production",
      "RPC_HOST"        : "MY.IP.ADDRESS.HERE",
      "RPC_PORT"        : "MY OPEN RPC PORT NUMBER",
      "LISTENING_PORT"  : "39420",
      "INSTANCE_NAME"   : "Call it a nice name",
      "CONTACT_DETAILS" : "Who are you",
      "WS_SERVER"       : "ws://stats.soil.4miners.net",
      "WS_SECRET"       : "SoilForever!",
      "VERBOSITY"       : 2
    }

Ctrl-X Y

pm2 start app.json

Here is background information, and linked manual:

HowTo join http://stats....
... You need a running gsoil instance with --rpc (rpc enabled) ...
I could connect gsoil to both the ABEESOIL-block-explorer,
AND to the app for monitored nodes on stats.soilcoin.xyz !
Happy  Smiley
---
EDIT: update ...
In case the stats client gets a new password:
Code:
cd ~/soil/eth-net-intelligence-api
nano app.json
pm2 restart app.json

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 01:47:51 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 03:11:50 PM by altsheets

stats.soil.4miners.net
... Hooray. That is really cool. We have a stats page again, great. Thanks a lot! ...

Idea ... there is this sentence on your site:

This page does not represent the entire state of the ethereum network - listing a node on this page is a voluntary process

Perhaps

• change "ethereum network" to "soil network"

• mention this:
    To get a longer list of current addnodes (to connect your node to other nodes) visit altsheets' blockexplorer peers page.

just an idea ...

Wink

Disens

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 06:08:18 AM

soil.4miners.net
the link to the image
pool broken?

psyx80

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 05:39:34 AM

Hey, that pool? 10 hours, but the unit is no charge on the balance Huh

donarito

Activity: 604
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:36:26 AM

abvhiael, are you still working on, mate?

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 12:47:47 PM

stats.soil.4miners.net
... Hooray. That is really cool. We have a stats page again, great. Thanks a lot! ...
Idea ... there is this sentence on your site:
This page does not represent the entire state of the ethereum network - listing a node on this page is a voluntary process
Perhaps
  • change "ethereum network" to "soil network"
  • mention this:
    To get a longer list of current addnodes (to connect your node to other nodes) visit altsheets' blockexplorer peers page.
just an idea ...
 Wink

Mariuszeq - to do that in your stats instance, you probably only have to edit 'index.jade'
https://github.com/cubedro/eth-netstats/blob/55a9721f68c718c56d3879a109c38e2a4fcb7b2b/src/views/index.jade#L165-L166

And in line 172 you can possibly see how hyperlinks can be included into that status message.

Compared to the original code from cubedro/eth-netstats, did you have to change many things to get it running on soil?

And again:

Hooray. That is really cool. We have a stats page again, great. Thanks a lot!

More people: join in!

Really not too difficult to do, see those posts. Anyone wants to, but needs help?

Mariuszeq

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 08:30:33 PM

Fast notice, payouts from pool processed. Please don't mine on pool now, cause we will turn off pool server today night.

@altsheets I'll will fix that after moving pool software to new infrascructure. Smiley
martymcfly2015

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 12:41:18 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 04:14:04 PM by martymcfly2015

Hi guys,

I went through the forum posts and I like this project. I made the soil source code Homestead ready with all the benefit. Just for me to learn. If you are interested in my work let me know.
https://github.com/martymcfly2015/go-soil
I'm happy to build binarys for you to test. Just let me know.
I accept donations soil 0xc7a8ac69835d74a7bd039ece1fc71f7cd9ea64f4  Smiley

Thanks
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 12:47:13 PM

Hi guys,

I went through the forum posts and I like this project. I made the soil source code Homestead ready with all the benefit. Just for me to learn. If you are interest in my work let me know.

Thanks

Good job, finally there is some progress! Smiley

But doesn't it make more sense to wait until the ETH hard fork which takes place in some days and implement the changes of that?

Also, implementing Exponentially Subjective Scoring as suggested by Vitalik in order to prevent attacks upon low-hashrate ETH forks might be a very well thing to implement, like the Jumbucks developer does:

Exponentially Subjective Scoring & Entering the final phases for Launch

So here's something I alluded to in a previous post. I wanted to take a look at eliminating the possibility of a long range re-org attack on the chain as this has been observed in other Ethereum forks.  Ultimately the best security for proof of work is having "sufficient" hash rate such that such an attack reaches the point of "not being feasible." The first idea I had for this was setting a limit on re-org depth, say 1 day. This solution on the surface seemed simple.. a little too simple so I sent Vitalik an email to see if he had any thoughts.

Here is Vitalik's reply:

The problem with limiting reorg depth to 1 day is that there's an attack vector where someone does a 51% attack that some nodes will see as being 1 day - 1 second and some nodes will see as being 1 day + 1 second, leading to a permanent split. One approach that could work is what I call "exponentially subjective scoring", which is defined as follows:

* Suppose that you are on a chain with score S1 (score = total difficulty). Suppose that there appears a new longer chain.
* Compute the "common ancestor" of the two chains; say that this ancestor has a score of S_a.
* Switch to the new chain only if (S2 - S_a) / (S1 - S_a) > 1.0001 ** (number of seconds between when S1 was received and when S2 was received)

The intention here is that you have a scoring mechanism which prevents long reorgs, as a reorg from one day ago would be penalized by a factor of 5650, but at the same time is friendly to timing discrepancies between nodes as if two nodes saw some block even one minute away then the chains would need to be almost exactly the same length for nodes to disagree as to the correct head of the chain.

I'd actually be quite excited to see this kind of mechanism tried out in a chain.

Exponentially Subjective Scoring is also further mentioned in this article that Vitalik wrote November 2014 - https://blog.ethereum.org/2014/11/25/proof-stake-learned-love-weak-subjectivity/

I'm pleased to say that I have coded this up and it works great. Here are some log lines which demonstrate this. ESS is basically another check which decides whether or not a re-org should take place.

skidog
Legendary

Activity: 1393

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:27:18 PM

Sounds interesting, who is going to implement and when?
AndreasKrueger

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:38:33 PM

Hi guys,

I went through the forum posts and I like this project. I made the soil source code Homestead ready with all the benefit. Just for me to learn. If you are interested in my work let me know.

Thanks

Very interested indeed.

I am pressed with time right now - but I hope I can read your code, perhaps next week(end).
An interesting opportunity to get to know the sourcecode better. Any hints how to approach it?

Have you compared soilcurrency's approach to fork from the base ETH code; how it was done with the current wallet that we all are using?

Your commit history looks like you've started with original ETH code (last commits from obscuren and karalabe are March 3rd 2016), and then you began to adapt that to SOIL - right?
- or have you taken the existing SOIL code, and then merged Homestead changes?

Trying to understand. "Homestead" is this one. So you are forking from the orginal ETH code around March 3rd 2016 - correct?
What makes "Homestead" so special to put that as the starting point?

Thanks a lot.

Great step forward, well done!

new http://btc.hopto.org BTCrates + nearby numbers
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: