June 16, 2024, 03:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237567 times)
altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 05:09:55 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2017, 07:14:39 PM by altsheets

Some hints for the bagholders of SOIL.
And some tech for other ETH based coins.

WTB/WTS trading

If you want to keep on trading your bagholder SOIL - we had done that already BEFORE bittrex took the coin on! See my whole thread WTS/WTB soil. As the community donations were ridiculous, I do not invest my time to moderate it again; just read my posts to see how I moderated it back then, it makes all total sense: WTB/WTS trading can be done without an exchange, by direct peer-to-peer buying&selling. Additionally to what we had back then, perhaps find a trustworthy escrow to step into the game too. But it can be done without, read the rulz for trading I had compiled back then, same thread.

This is useful for your trading: http://178.62.133.174:9001 = the block explorer.

Block explorer for SOIL

I am paying ~0.1 BTC per year for a server, and running a SOIL node for the SOIL block explorer. So perhaps introduce an "infrastructure tax" in that WTB/WTS trading thread, which always sends some dust of BTC (not soil) my way: BTC  1M4EaZVprZEmtrS3G78fMFy8yGVgdUJMXv to incentivize me not to soon switch off the only block explorer.

Block explorer for ETH based coins

I have worked much improving that block explorer (e.g. chain, peers). Perhaps I port it to another ETH based coin, as a showcase for my work, and to give an additional independent view onto that chain (because would you trust a coin with only 1 block explorer created by a premine dev team themselves?). There is a thread with lots of info. Invite me to your coin, and send me a BTC offer please.

Commandline tools for ETH based coins "ethjsre"

To make my/our life easier, I created a javascript collection of little tools, which are imported into the JSRE command line console of e.g.  gsoil attach  with a simple  loadScript("altsheets.js") , and then provide easier functions like bal(), and send(), etc. I have already made it working on several ETH based coins. Check it out, perhaps you want it ported to your coin (then send an offer), or want to port it yourself (then please do a github pull request): https://github.com/altsheets/ethjsre

Altcoin death

The death of a coin is an integral part of its existence. Every project ends one day. That is often forgotten. Before we move on, let us think about this for a moment. There are a possible lessons in here. I see two:

Most of the cryptocurrency "economy" is still simply "making money" from one single ugly Ponzi-like source: Bagholders after a bubble. What would be a better, sustainable economical architecture? Ideas anyone?

And: Most of the Altcoin bubble economy has a striking similarity to the accelerating throwaway-culture capitalism that a large part of our species is so cheerful about. We are living in unreasonable short-term wealth - just because the coming generations cannot. Unless we fundamentally change capitalism itself & reshape the elites & all of society & the political system & the thugs in the highest positions of politics and business & law & media & religions & education & technology & personal behaviour and consumption & our relationships with each other & everything else, and all that also really quickly ... our successors have a foreseeable chance to become like bagholders of a run-down worthless planet. The difference: They cannot just move onto the next Ponzi planet. Stuck here, in our one -and still largely beautiful- collective home.

Bye bye

Good luck with whatever you are doing next. And thanks to everyone for the good time I had here, in this little niche with a noticeably higher fraction of trying-to-be-better people. And most of all: Thanks a lot to you, Abvhiael! May you find a good way soon. When you read this tell me/us your BTC address, and I send some hard cash your way, as a going-away-gift, and to round-up my losses on this patch of soil

Smiley

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
energycoin.operations

Activity: 329
Merit: 261

EnergyCoin Green CryptoCurrency

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 06:52:18 PM

@altsheets nice post and and so sorry that SOIL is in this phase.
For application of renewable energy SOIL was our competitor but people of SOIL community are welcome to the EnergyCoin community.
EnergyCoin is in April 3 jears and we work on application for Community Energy Supplier using our DEX.

Have a nice day,
Brian

This profile is managed by www.EnergyCoinfoundation.org
EnergyCoin Foundation wallet: eKvWBxxEa8APp73281vPtCctXhjm5bg89D
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 06:06:55 AM

I think Cryptopia is the best exchange to get onto since being delisted from bittrex.

martymcfly2015

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:36:20 PM

What do you think of this proposal?
We will have a fork and join homestead code level (your coins are safe!). In addition I will premine let's say 5M soil to be able to pay for:
  • someone who bring soil back to an exchange
  • a new moderator
  • new soil app developers
  • long term block explorer (altsheets)
  • long term gsoil client dev
  • homepage
  • NETSTATS (Andreas)
I don't want to be the long term dev - but I can help for the moment.
You don't need to trust me - we could lock in a certain amount in a multi signature wallet hold by Andreas and altsheets - if they agree?
AndreasKrueger

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 04:23:46 PM

Good ideas. Who volunteers to do what? Or for what else?

Yes, I install the netstats server if there is enough people saying
"yes, I configure a netstats client on my node" (it is easy), and when
this phoenix looks like it's rising from the ashes (i.e. exchange/s).

But: I do not want to hold coins, nor do multisig. In turn,
I suggest you, martymcfly2015, to be part of that multisig group.

Technical question, whether anyone knows more about already existing solutions:
Could that premine also be locked into a (genesis?) contract, which pays it out
to a multisig account on a regular basis, over a timespan of e.g. 18 months?
(And the multisig holders distribute it for what is currently needed, or put it into
a savings account, for spending larger sums later, and provide regular reporting
about what was funded.)  - Does such contract code exist? Is is feasible?

[SOIL] 0x82e6fac28f2c0d89b442f4b7c0d72fa47c54efa7

new http://btc.hopto.org BTCrates + nearby numbers
MB2016

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:26:54 PM

Altsheets, please keep the block explorer going for now.  I'll send some sats your way as a contribution to your efforts.

I think the community could get the coin listed again and bring it back to life if it focuses on meeting the basic goals first.  Cryptopia requires the following for listing:

Coin Submission
Cryptopia is always looking to add new cryptocurrencies, the voting page is where the community can show their support for the coins they want to see on Cryptopia.

In order for a cryptocurrency to be hosted on Cryptopia it needs to satisfy the following requirements:
1.Open Source & listed on GitHub
2.No pre-mine, or justified pre-mine prior to launch.
3.Official Website.
4.Compiled wallets for Windows and Linux
5.An established community

initial

How far off would we be from getting a basic working website up that links to the block explorer, functional Windows and Linux Wallets, github source code, and the OP with supporting user manuals? 

If we could accomplish that we'd just need members of the existing community to login and lobby for the coin on cryptopia and all the conditions for listing would be met. 

Also, additional premine should be avoided for re-launch.  I'd donate a substantial amount of my Soil to a development fund and perhaps others would do the same.  Without minimal ongoing development the coin is dead anyway, so why not try to fund it's revival instead?  The fund could be treated like a kickstarter campaign -- no new work undertaken until it reaches a minimum initial reserve?

Just throwing it out there to drum up some ideas or get a sense if enough are even interested in keeping the coin alive . . .
yns1971

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 02:41:50 AM

Altsheets, please keep the block explorer going for now.  I'll send some sats your way as a contribution to your efforts.

I think the community could get the coin listed again and bring it back to life if it focuses on meeting the basic goals first.  Cryptopia requires the following for listing:

Coin Submission
Cryptopia is always looking to add new cryptocurrencies, the voting page is where the community can show their support for the coins they want to see on Cryptopia.

In order for a cryptocurrency to be hosted on Cryptopia it needs to satisfy the following requirements:
3.Official Website.

initial

How far off would we be from getting a basic working website up that links to the block explorer, functional Windows and Linux Wallets, github source code, and the OP with supporting user manuals?  

If we could accomplish that we'd just need members of the existing community to login and lobby for the coin on cryptopia and all the conditions for listing would be met.  

Also, additional premine should be avoided for re-launch.  I'd donate a substantial amount of my Soil to a development fund and perhaps others would do the same.  Without minimal ongoing development the coin is dead anyway, so why not try to fund it's revival instead?  The fund could be treated like a kickstarter campaign -- no new work undertaken until it reaches a minimum initial reserve?

Just throwing it out there to drum up some ideas or get a sense if enough are even interested in keeping the coin alive . . .
I will donate some soil coins to a new development fund
spinttt

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 09:03:56 PM

I bought a bunch of soil while back.. I am a coin developer..  since the beginning.. I got the domain soil.cash last year.  I will get something up in the next while.. I can also help with anything else that might come up as far as compiling configuring code.... Peace T
cryptococcus

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 06:08:08 PM

Altsheets, please keep the block explorer going for now.  I'll send some sats your way as a contribution to your efforts.

I think the community could get the coin listed again and bring it back to life if it focuses on meeting the basic goals first.  Cryptopia requires the following for listing:

Coin Submission

3.Official Website.

initial

Also, additional premine should be avoided for re-launch.  I'd donate a substantial amount of my Soil to a development fund and perhaps others would do the same.  Without minimal ongoing development the coin is dead anyway, so why not try to fund it's revival instead?  The fund could be treated like a kickstarter campaign -- no new work undertaken until it reaches a minimum initial reserve?

I would also donate to a development fund. IMHO we should go with the fund an not fork a new coin with huge premine.

Sent some Soil to Andreas for the tutorials. Just did the setup of the VPS so I will let it run as long as there is hope for a recovery of Soil. I probably could also setup a Raspi node with Rokos.
martymcfly2015

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:30:28 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2017, 09:59:48 PM by martymcfly2015

Coin Submission

3.Official Website.

initial

I would also donate to a development fund. IMHO we should go with the fund an not fork a new coin with huge premine.

Sent some Soil to Andreas for the tutorials. Just did the setup of the VPS so I will let it run as long as there is hope for a recovery of Soil. I probably could also setup a Raspi node with Rokos.

Ok, so no premine. What about the updates:
Join homestead code level
Static nodes (so the client doesn't need a separate node list)
Block reward change?
Or just leave all as it is?
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157

no degradation

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:24:27 PM

I got the domain soil.cash last year.  I will get something up in the next while..
Looking forward to the website. Would be nice to have all informations and links condensed to one place. Smiley

I probably could also setup a Raspi node with Rokos.
In case you need some hints just let me know. The setup was surprisingly painless at least using Arch Linux.
As far as I can remember, Cryptopia is keeping an eye on the number of nodes as well.

Block reward change?
Static nodes sounds great. Or is it possible to use a dynamic DNS like:
Code:
enode://12xxxef@mynode.free-dyndns.org:39420

Guess the block reward is okay. One SOIL per block is easy to remember. Smiley

"And the machine keeps pushing time through the cogs, like paste into strings into paste again, and only the machine keeps using time to make time to make time.
And when the machine stops, time is an illusion that we created free will.
" - an unnamed Hybrid
martymcfly2015

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:21:33 AM

I got the domain soil.cash last year.  I will get something up in the next while..
Looking forward to the website. Would be nice to have all informations and links condensed to one place. Smiley

I probably could also setup a Raspi node with Rokos.
In case you need some hints just let me know. The setup was surprisingly painless at least using Arch Linux.
As far as I can remember, Cryptopia is keeping an eye on the number of nodes as well.

Block reward change?
Static nodes sounds great. Or is it possible to use a dynamic DNS like:
Code:
enode://12xxxef@mynode.free-dyndns.org:39420

Guess the block reward is okay. One SOIL per block is easy to remember. Smiley

No, only IP address are allowed.
If someone would like to help and has a cheap VPS or server, please post you node and I will add it to gsoil directly:
e.g.
enode://1366ter1f2a4057892afd8066ce999cf622adb9d6ad0rgr34gtshtsrh51a01161ccaf8bfe355e27a7b9424898232tth565656w23423346gf@YOUR_IP:39420"
MB2016

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:29:06 AM

Static nodes seem like good idea if agreed it will enhance connection stability;

Maybe an increase in the block reward size or reduction in block time is in order to incentivize greater mining participation, but bigger issue in past seemed to be with difficulty spikes caused by periodic attacks by large mining pools, which caused extreme volatility in block time and made mining unprofitable for hours to days at a time.  I don't think there was ever a fix or if there is one now that the community would know how to implement.  Any change that could quickly return difficulty to baseline levels after an attack by a large mining operation would be a big improvement.  When eth rolls out POS, maybe that provides permanent solution?

martymcfly2015

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:17:28 AM

- added static nodes
- added homestead switch at block 2000000

https://github.com/martymcfly2015/go-soil/releases/download/1.4.2/gsoil.zip

I have used the nodes from here:
http://178.62.133.174:9001/#/util/peers
For long term we would need stable nodes - so again - if someone would like to help and has a cheap VPS or server, please post your node and I will add it.
MB2016

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 03:44:08 AM

Just signed up for a cheap VPS service but order still pending.  hope to have a dedicated node set up by tomorrow night.  Will post once set up. 
mb6075

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:53:12 AM

Node taking forever to sync and get error every 40k blocks or so that no peers are available, but continues from previous block immediately every time I restart the gsoil.exe. Will stick with it and continue restarting until synched but it will take a while at this rate. Any pointers appreciated. Thx
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 10:28:59 AM

all nodes gone?

nvm:

admin.addPeer("enode://1366a1b1f2a4057892afd8066ce999cf622adb9d6ad08017ff6b34d3d651a01161ccaf8bfe355e27a7b94248982329091067149639af3bd65dfef5aac044aba0@40.112.185.197:39420")
admin.addPeer("enode://36667a60f555c254957b56aca013b507bb9e2a2f7b2484be7c70471dee268492907a11ee00329af761574ae2be57562660b95738654a2ca96bcf8ae88974033f@51.15.130.241:39420")
admin.addPeer("enode://77b71660f5cb025e337bfb9bebf0c71001849fab8786d7b13fe3e081841f35cbf463cfc46fd570ef09829553524806be76b051e4f16afa7daf77265eb9733335@192.241.129.165:39420")
admin.addPeer("enode://ecf2a6c346262e3da8553bf21726ea1bb5ef3477631f28f0ac5aa307ecc1d8a6216fd896bad0beacc0decfc991828c8425774aab05b9bb2d0e48adb9f1f60e3d@77.78.26.74:39420")
admin.addPeer("enode://ed65072f342efe1e95b61b6544a7f2a64fceeab4a448ecd56c671015c7ee7721f5e919adf00e63111636136cc36ed1128b1ae2e6da98b52f520404cf3e9284b4@85.62.20.153:39420")
admin.addPeer("enode://fc3c04d02c9a4758424d44199fdb3e0e087a45f165b4358890efe377364ae7c7764cbee84e8a5e37d4259aa239df8218854dca838c9c477a6250af88015c23c0@62.227.65.218:39420")
admin.addPeer("enode://46fce6fdc328596df97c8c2e4d1744b9bf5bfd540ff8cf95e4880d797bd92e2cb52a81f38a9a49e51079f875c1adbdc2d4d6f503253e2d7188a494d421bd968b@178.62.133.174:39420")

altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 03:50:01 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 04:04:52 PM by altsheets

I have unlocked the   WTB/WTS soil   topic, since bittrex kicked SOIL.

Before you start trading here, please read:
I will not moderate this again. But the above will give you an idea how YOU can do that job. Good luck, have fun, and happy trading.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1213614.msg17721426#msg17721426

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 03:56:29 PM

Block Explorer ABEESOIL

... I got the domain soil.cash last year.  I will get something up in the next while. ...
Could you please create a subdomain, e.g. http://abee.soil.cash or http://explorer.soil.cash or http://blockexplorer.soil.cash or http://be.soil.cash - and point that subdomain to http://178.62.133.174:9001 - thanks.

... This is useful for your trading: http://178.62.133.174:9001 = the block explorer.
Block explorer for SOIL
I am paying ~0.1 BTC per year for a server, and running a SOIL node for the SOIL block explorer. So perhaps introduce an "infrastructure tax" in that WTB/WTS trading thread, which always sends some dust of BTC (not soil) my way: BTC  1M4EaZVprZEmtrS3G78fMFy8yGVgdUJMXv to incentivize me not to soon switch off the only block explorer. ...

Thank you very much. Received.

Will keep it running for a while.

altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 04:16:18 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 09:57:56 PM by altsheets

all nodes gone?
There might have been some outdated entries before? I don't know whether or when a node removes old peers which it is not connected to anymore.
To get rid of that unvertainty, I have now restarted the gsoil node on the (and the) ABEESOIL (blockexplorer) server. And this time without any addnodes. Still, it quickly got 7 connections by itself.
So the peers you see now on the /#/util/peers page are real.

EDIT: server temporarily down, snapshotting, and preparing something nice for you newcomers.
EDIT: Done :-)

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: