Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:06:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416529 times)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:35:23 PM

Not much I can imagine modern life without paper money. Maybe something else will come up in the future, on the example of what a credit card, but the image of the Stone Age, when used instead of paper naturally precious metal, so this will not be.
I think the paper money will continue until whenever, although in the future. Because paper money is a payment that is practical and is perfect. The payment method in the digital age will increase but will not change the paper money, may be just another way of payment in addition to paper money.
Paper currencies have not outlived their usefulness. Maybe they will suffer some changes, but the fact is that in exchange for any product that people will use it. And I think paper money.

yeah i think so too. it's still going to be paper money in the coming years. if it will be replaced by anything different, then we may be looking at several  decades and we may not be alive when time comes that paper money is not the main currency of all countries.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tripplewarz

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:24:33 PM

If the banking system will continue to exist, in any case, the banks will have a money exchange. And the cheapest material for their printing is paper. Of course, maybe come up with something else. But while there will be paper.
Maybe better to melt the gold and silver coins and nachekanit as in the old days would be. And the paper in general is of no value, except for those assets that spent on its production. The time will come, and even the paper is in short supply.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:27:50 PM

If the banking system will continue to exist, in any case, the banks will have a money exchange. And the cheapest material for their printing is paper. Of course, maybe come up with something else. But while there will be paper.
Maybe better to melt the gold and silver coins and nachekanit as in the old days would be. And the paper in general is of no value, except for those assets that spent on its production. The time will come, and even the paper is in short supply.
Good idea i think its more worth it if we melt gold and silver as our money to and paper money will no value .
Because gold and silver have different value..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
kreskko

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:10:02 PM

View Cash for people are also of great importance. It is necessary first of all to think about themselves and not about their desires, and about real things. Think about how people in the suburbs or villages will use bitcoin. They are now even ATMs is no more. And talk about digital money yet. So the age of paper money continues.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:12:55 PM

Although we are entering an age where everything has its digital version, I don't see the paper money being obsolete. It is still nice to have physical forms of money. The increasing transaction counts using digital money and online payment has reduced the need to bring cash but there are still things that are better off being paid by paper money.
Of course, the use of paper money will still be practiced as there are situatio or good/services that will require a must to be transacted using paper money. No matter how civilized or advanced that the word may become, paper money will still be needed to make some forms of transaction.
Personally I disagree, payments are becoming more and more digital, just look at bitcoin and electronic currency, the tendency is that cash is disappearing, and in the future there’s a big chance that in developed countries cash will no longer exists

Within that trend, it is possible that the bitcoin will be the major global currency gradually. the price will also rise.
Obviously since this is a bitcoin forum I think that is something most of us are expecting but there are a lot of unknowns along the way, for example a new revolutionary coin could come and left bitcoin in the dust.
mriulian

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 11:06:13 PM

I was living for a year in Asia while I was doing my first PhD.

They are amazing. The differences of culture are unbeatable.

I China for example even if it was 3 years ago that guys wasn't wondering if they forgot their wallet at home.

Their personal problem was not to have enough battery at phone. Same in Japan.

In India the inflation is so bad in some regions.

In Iraq you are not even using money in the conflict regions.

About Europe, I am French. We all love money in our hands.

Africa? Money .... Europe

USA? Long live 1$ paper.

South America... we no money we American dollars ad drugs.

That's how I'm seeing the world and the future of paper money haha
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 06:04:26 AM

Although we are entering an age where everything has its digital version, I don't see the paper money being obsolete. It is still nice to have physical forms of money. The increasing transaction counts using digital money and online payment has reduced the need to bring cash but there are still things that are better off being paid by paper money.
Of course, the use of paper money will still be practiced as there are situatio or good/services that will require a must to be transacted using paper money. No matter how civilized or advanced that the word may become, paper money will still be needed to make some forms of transaction.
Personally I disagree, payments are becoming more and more digital, just look at bitcoin and electronic currency, the tendency is that cash is disappearing, and in the future there’s a big chance that in developed countries cash will no longer exists

Within that trend, it is possible that the bitcoin will be the major global currency gradually. the price will also rise.
Obviously since this is a bitcoin forum I think that is something most of us are expecting but there are a lot of unknowns along the way, for example a new revolutionary coin could come and left bitcoin in the dust.
Then we move on, we are already here in the crypto world so we know that will happen since it is possible. All coins here are just living due to the trust of the people and if we loses our trust with bitcoins then it would definitely be replace by other crypto assets.. What is important is we will just enjoy what we have now and in overall crypto world are profitable..

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 06:12:39 AM

Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

Paper money will be banned entirely?
How long do you think that happens?
would it work?
What security and privacy risks would it raise?
And how would public and privately issued monies interact?

Paper money will soon be worthless in the not too distance future....Some form of blockchain based digital currency will take its place either privately, like bitcoin, or state controlled, like the E-Peso Act ( https://cointelegraph.com/news/filipino-lawmakers-unveil-e-peso-act-to-create-national-currency-for-the-digital-age )  It will probably be a combination of them both....one for the dark markets and one for the public record....so, there will be ways developed for them to interact.
The_Dark_Knight

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:57:56 PM

Then we move on, we are already here in the crypto world so we know that will happen since it is possible. All coins here are just living due to the trust of the people and if we loses our trust with bitcoins then it would definitely be replace by other crypto assets.. What is important is we will just enjoy what we have now and in overall crypto world are profitable..
That is easier said than done, if an altcoin crashes I don’t care since I only have bitcoin, but if bitcoin crashes even if it is because another coin has proven to be superior I will take my time and see if I will get into this currency and in think I will not be alone in this.
MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 11:01:55 PM

I believe paper money will disappear over time naturally. In the same time bitcoin can overtook fiat currencies and many people moved over to that.
I agree that there may be paper money began to be abandoned by many people in the world, and probably will dominate the digital money. but I'm not sure bitcoin can replace fiat
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 11:54:39 PM

I believe paper money will disappear over time naturally. In the same time bitcoin can overtook fiat currencies and many people moved over to that.
I agree that there may be paper money began to be abandoned by many people in the world, and probably will dominate the digital money. but I'm not sure bitcoin can replace fiat
We should be optimistic about digital currencies adoption, because many countries started regulating Bitcoin exchanges like Australia and some American states,therefore, digital money is on the right way.
achow102

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 07:04:50 AM

We should be optimistic about digital currencies adoption, because many countries started regulating Bitcoin exchanges like Australia and some American states,therefore, digital money is on the right way.

Digital currencies are still developing, and the paper money at the end of its development. But still digital money can not replace paper. Many countries are not ready
The_Dark_Knight

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 03:17:20 PM

Digital currencies are still developing, and the paper money at the end of its development. But still digital money can not replace paper. Many countries are not ready

Even if many of the poorer countries are not ready some of the most powerful and the ones that move most of the world economy are in fact ready to replace paper money just look a t credit cards.
barabash

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 05:23:00 PM

Even if many of the poorer countries are not ready some of the most powerful and the ones that move most of the world economy are in fact ready to replace paper money just look a t credit cards.

People can and are ready, and the government - is not. That the government is addressing the issue. In many developed countries have not defined the status cryptocurrency
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2016, 09:47:18 PM

People can and are ready, and the government - is not. That the government is addressing the issue. In many developed countries have not defined the status cryptocurrency

Nope only a few "chosen" people or  users are ready to use cryptocurrency.  The main reason is the connectivity issue.  More than half of the globe population have no access to internet.  Let alone that only a small percentage of internet users are aware of cryptocurrency,   You can try to survey that and they will ask you about "What cryptocurrency is" .  So in my opinion if the government wanted to replace their currency and use digital currency such is bitcoin, they need to improve and make their country population to have 100% internet access.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 01:03:22 AM

Nope only a few "chosen" people or  users are ready to use cryptocurrency.  The main reason is the connectivity issue.  More than half of the globe population have no access to internet.  Let alone that only a small percentage of internet users are aware of cryptocurrency,   You can try to survey that and they will ask you about "What cryptocurrency is" .  So in my opinion if the government wanted to replace their currency and use digital currency such is bitcoin, they need to improve and make their country population to have 100% internet access.

The future of paper money will be still the same, it doesn't make since if in the future paper money will vanish, because not all people have an internet access there were people who are living in areas not covered with modern technology specially communication. They were very particular of using the paper money and its very convenience for them compared to those who are having internet online account for their banks. If it happens that papr money will be gone, it should be mandatory for the government to generalize internet access to all areas around the world and then introduce trainings which that would take a long process to follow.

Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 03:13:17 AM

The future of paper money will be still the same, it doesn't make since if in the future paper money will vanish, because not all people have an internet access there were people who are living in areas not covered with modern technology specially communication. They were very particular of using the paper money and its very convenience for them compared to those who are having internet online account for their banks. If it happens that papr money will be gone, it should be mandatory for the government to generalize internet access to all areas around the world and then introduce trainings which that would take a long process to follow.
It can't be the same because the population of the world is increasing and that makes the demand of paper money increase also,  but no problem with that sine the government can produce money as the need arises. Hence, if people are thinking that paper money will be gone in the circulation with the advent of bitcoin they are totally wrong.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1130

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 06:38:09 AM

It can't be the same because the population of the world is increasing and that makes the demand of paper money increase also,  but no problem with that sine the government can produce money as the need arises. Hence, if people are thinking that paper money will be gone in the circulation with the advent of bitcoin they are totally wrong.

Its really impossible  for  paper money would  be  gone   because its being replaced  by another crypto currency which is really impossible  though. As you mentioned    government  can  produce anytime fiat  money  if  the  demand  arises because  of population  inflation.. The future  of  paper  money  is  still strong and  no  one  could able to replace  it anytime soon.

Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 08:11:01 AM

Its really impossible  for  paper money would  be  gone   because its being replaced  by another crypto currency which is really impossible  though. As you mentioned    government  can  produce anytime fiat  money  if  the  demand  arises because  of population  inflation.. The future  of  paper  money  is  still strong and  no  one  could able to replace  it anytime soon.

The biggest reason of fiat not being replaced by bitcoin is that paper money is produceable, any government can print any amount of paper anytime they want, and bitcoins has just a limited amount which would probably not be able to fill the gape between these two.
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 10:06:39 AM

The biggest reason of fiat not being replaced by bitcoin is that paper money is produceable, any government can print any amount of paper anytime they want, and bitcoins has just a limited amount which would probably not be able to fill the gape between these two.
Actually we can also produce paper money of bitcoin, but the big question is would it be illegal or not? Of course it is illegal because the government only produce a legal tender to be use a currency of the people, and even it is unregulated, it is hard to attract the trust of the people.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: