Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:51:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416527 times)
Salazarian

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:50:34 PM

Paper money will stay forever.
Why? Because its easier to make than coins.

I'm so sorry but you are definitely wrong, paper money will disappear in the near future because I read a book telling that time will come paper money will no longer be useful.And I believe that book is telling the truth..😃

With all due respect to your statement you might be right from your point of view and your book's but paper money will stay but it depends on the economy of the particular country which decides on currency and as of now most of the countries are moving towards cashless economy so i am sure the usage of paper currency will be dropped by a significant level and the gap will be filled by digital currency like bitcoin but still paper currency will exist for sure.
but to me i think it depend on the interest of the people if people are interested in paper money then paper money will continue for a long time  but if they will stop using fiat then the fiat will become useless and then the currency where the people are start taking interest then the currency will become more and more popular.

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:00:10 AM

Plastic cards are the same money and they have already partially replaced paper money. Only paper will not go away, because they complement each other in the event of a system failure.
I think the technology will also be much more sophisticated than the plastic cards. will probably use the help of cell phones to help process payments. since all transactions will be online #imo
Why we will shift to online payment is because we want a faster and safer transaction, card can be stolen and your money is gone. The future is looking good for digital currency and we are lucky we have bitcoin, a system that is revolutionary which has the advantage of being decentralized.
Paper money will continue to exist to serve only a smaller portion of population, and in the near future we will have a lot of options to transact (offline and online).
Online payments are not that safe either, if you want to get my cash then you need to take it directly from me, but if you want to obtain the money I have in a bank account the only thing you need is to hack my computer and by the time I realize what happen you already got my money.
jems

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:58:29 AM

i think paper money have lifetime because government need to produce more paper money and in all country paper money is very important like in my country Philippines if you have 20 pesos  paper money and you buy food ,snacks ,drinks .
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 06:10:04 AM

The paper money is can't be replaced by bitcoin because bitcoin is digital currency and our society now is not ready for changes or upgrade. Because there are people who doesn't have mobile gadgets so I think fiat is forever.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:30:39 AM

The paper money is can't be replaced by bitcoin because bitcoin is digital currency and our society now is not ready for changes or upgrade. Because there are people who doesn't have mobile gadgets so I think fiat is forever.
it will be replaced gradually certainly not necessarily bitcoin will replace paper money directly of course everyone is not ready with it. This course will run slowly but I'm sure bitcoin could speak more
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:41:48 AM

i think paper money have lifetime because government need to produce more paper money and in all country paper money is very important like in my country Philippines if you have 20 pesos  paper money and you buy food ,snacks ,drinks .

Just because you can buy something using your paper money doesn't mean that it will stay forever. Back then, you can buy anything you want using the coins which are "old coins" in the present. Try using those old coins today and no one's going to accept it anymore. The paper money can be changed as well. It can evolve from paper to plastic to something totally digital. Today, most people are using cards (plastic) to pay for their bills. It's either debit/credit card.

And since the world is changing, even cards can be changed as well by something better at some point in time when people have finally embraced the idea of cryptocurrency.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
dark_pride

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:45:51 PM

I like paper money. I like to feel the buying power in my hands :p Bitcoin makes me feel like a robot. I am not saying paper money is better tho.

I also like to feel paper money in my hands, not virtual ones. Virtual do not bring such pleasure, they can not be touched and sniffed.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:28:55 PM

I like paper money. I like to feel the buying power in my hands :p Bitcoin makes me feel like a robot. I am not saying paper money is better tho.

I also like to feel paper money in my hands, not virtual ones. Virtual do not bring such pleasure, they can not be touched and sniffed.

That is the reason people don't have faith in bitcoin as they easily trust something that they can hold physically and that is not possible with bitcoins and paper money will always exist in future as it holds huge userbase in compare to bitcoins.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:14:47 AM

it will be replaced gradually certainly not necessarily bitcoin will replace paper money directly of course everyone is not ready with it. This course will run slowly but I'm sure bitcoin could speak more
The replacement of paper money can be faster in countries that are very developed but in countries where development is still necessary then the progress towards as a society without cash is going to be very slow or it could not happen at all.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:51:17 AM

although you say feel more comfortable to use paper money but if the store no longer accept paper money. what would you do ? I think the era inevitably change. and everyone should follow it
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:16:21 AM

I think the world still needs paper money. Currently, virtual currency technology, electronic money is developing and popular but not so that remove the paper money. Paper money still plays an important role, it is easier to use. Payments from daily life such as living expenses, utilities, etc. will still need to be used paper money. Virtual currency technology is currently only growing and popular in some big countries, but countries that do not recognized virtual currency will still have to use cash. In the future, I think paper money still plays an important role
Natalim

Activity: 2898
Merit: 590

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:40:38 AM

although you say feel more comfortable to use paper money but if the store no longer accept paper money. what would you do ? I think the era inevitably change. and everyone should follow it
I think it would be better to have both, there are stores that accepts bitcoin but I'm sure they will accept fiat also but most of the stores only accepts fiat. That shows how popular and strong fiat is, it has the confidence of the majority and bitcoin will only remain being used by the minority of population in this world, having said that the future is paper money is still good and will continue to be popular.

Kabul

Activity: 619

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:25:35 AM

I think it would be better to have both, there are stores that accepts bitcoin but I'm sure they will accept fiat also but most of the stores only accepts fiat. That shows how popular and strong fiat is, it has the confidence of the majority and bitcoin will only remain being used by the minority of population in this world, having said that the future is paper money is still good and will continue to be popular.
Bitcoin is not accepted worldwide and even when you live in a country which supports Bitcoin, I doubt that you can find more than 10 stores accept Bitcoin in your area. Fiat is still the king and we have to use it for a long long time.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:33:00 AM

Bitcoin is not accepted worldwide and even when you live in a country which supports Bitcoin, I doubt that you can find more than 10 stores accept Bitcoin in your area. Fiat is still the king and we have to use it for a long long time.
Wherever you go Cash is king, now you may say Bitcoin is good as cash but the truth is it is not. Bitcoin right now to be cash need to be accepted worldwide which is not it is only accepted by some people in that country. Also Fiat currency is backed by the government which is good because you know it is stabler than cryptocurrency.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:02:55 PM

Hope paper money will not dissapear, cause many times i was on situatins when digital money can't help and only cahs can save. Bad idea to change everyting at once.

Exactly there are many places where only paper money can help us, like paying bills, paying to maid or servant, and for that bitcoin will not help.

Well Said, there are few places where we can't use bitcoin and other digital currencies however the technology gets advanced. So in my opinion if the world becomes currency free then paper money use might gets stopped.

Each and every paper money represents their country, its a pride and symbol of their country, and Government will never allow that to happen as they will loose all their power and control on the money.
It maybe true on your side, even they won't allow it to happen if the people individually are getting interest into bitcoin especially many become prosper to their lives whether they like it or now if that's the scenario they will accept the fact too. Then paper money ending will come.
grandy

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:23:44 PM

in my area as i do not know that there is single shop who are accepting bitcoin for shopping but still i am hopeful that very soon we will be able to use bitcoin as in our shops for shopping.
Mikez

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:24:41 PM

in my area as i do not know that there is single shop who are accepting bitcoin for shopping but still i am hopeful that very soon we will be able to use bitcoin as in our shops for shopping.

That is the problem we all are facing as none around us is aware about bitcoins and it will take long time for people to discover bitcoins and merchants will start accepting bitcoins as a mode of payment only if they find enough demand for it.

Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:31:48 PM

Whatever it is bitcoin cannot overtake the fiat currency fully. however btc will gain much popularity than what it is today. even if that has to happen then it will take a very long time. the only reason why fiat currency will remain the best is centralized currency and governed by the government, it is used by everyone who don't know to read and write.
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:42:58 PM

Yes, now they aren't ready to leave paper money and use bitcoins only for example. But even now more people use credit cards to pay for stuff rather than paper money, so i think that it is just a matter of time before they will start using bitcoin. i'd say in 20 years there will be no more people that use paper money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
ajeef

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:02:50 PM

Yes, now they aren't ready to leave paper money and use bitcoins only for example. But even now more people use credit cards to pay for stuff rather than paper money, so i think that it is just a matter of time before they will start using bitcoin. i'd say in 20 years there will be no more people that use paper money.

There will be a increase in usage of bitcoins and credit card in next 20 years for sure but there will be some poor people who will still continue to use paper money as they would find bitcoin complicated and might not be interested in using it.
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: