Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:12:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416529 times)
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:30:51 PM

If we look back in the history we can imagine those big oversized note from the chinese (they introduced the paper money), and if we compare it with the present paper or brother plastic money i would say that it is inevitable to avoid the digital money. Paper money brings a lot of trouble and they are more expensive, and not for last, they can't be traced so it is harder to find out what where goes...so the paper money will vanish at some point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
z38630610
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:07:57 PM

Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

Paper money will be banned entirely?
How long do you think that happens?
would it work?
What security and privacy risks would it raise?
And how would public and privately issued monies interact?

You should think about how many people use credit or bank cards or mobile payment systems. If it grows paper money will start to lose reputation. Maybe 30 or 40 years later, there will be no paper many in the world. İmagine that all people uses mobile phones for payment.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:29:29 AM

Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

would it work?

You should think about how many people use credit or bank cards or mobile payment systems. If it grows paper money will start to lose reputation. Maybe 30 or 40 years later, there will be no paper many in the world. İmagine that all people uses mobile phones for payment.
It's actually growing and yet the demand of paper money is still here, paper money might less demand but it not be loss in circulation.
A lot of people are still relying on paper money in their transaction so it will stay and we can only see a lot of choices and we choose based on our convenience.
JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:02:39 AM

In my point of view at least for next 100 years the paper money will exist because still people don't have access to internet and it will take more 50 years to have internet whole world then government has to define the digimoney according to their country required tax format.

So it is not that much easy for time being to avoid or quit from Paper money. The revolution has been initiated and start using by people next generation like to use cards and net payments which is actually required one and we no need to panic about the paper money.

In my life since 10 years paper money usage is max 25% all financial and purchase transaction through cards and Netbanking only. Hope very soon paper money will disappear.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:35:13 AM

If we look back in the history we can imagine those big oversized note from the chinese (they introduced the paper money), and if we compare it with the present paper or brother plastic money i would say that it is inevitable to avoid the digital money. Paper money brings a lot of trouble and they are more expensive, and not for last, they can't be traced so it is harder to find out what where goes...so the paper money will vanish at some point.
You are saying that fiat money will vanish in future.It cannot happen at any cost.I don't think it will ever happen in future.I believe that paper money or fiat money will always exist in future and till the end of mankind.But on the other hand cyptocurrency will also have an important part.So I think that both the currencies will go hand in hand in the future and we should try to get profit from of them.Fiat money is used all over the world and in all soughts of transactions.Moreover,a large percantage of people in the world have not even heard about the cryptocurrencies.
tkamal

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:03:29 AM

I don't think paper money will be wiped out from the world in near future also. We can expect the next three or four generation it is possible to finish the Paper money maximum as we can say almost nil. To see that may we not alive likely Bitcoin will be there to see all the changes till the world exist.

◤ ─────────────── PROJECT PAI ─────────────── ◥
│       DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR INTELLIGENT AVATARS       │ (https://projectpai.com/)
◣ ─── JOIN PROJECT PAI TELEGRAM TO GET FREE TOKENS ─── ◢ (https://t.me/projectpai)
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:05:30 AM

I don't think paper money will be wiped out from the world in near future also. We can expect the next three or four generation it is possible to finish the Paper money maximum as we can say almost nil. To see that may we not alive likely Bitcoin will be there to see all the changes till the world exist.

Paper money will still exist even the digital money comes in the future, the different is a place like a village, downtown and some outside place will be hard to adopt digital money on there. People already fine using paper money and it takes time to courage them to use digital money such bitcoin.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Paper money will still exist even the digital money comes in the future, the different is a place like a village, downtown and some outside place will be hard to adopt digital money on there. People already fine using paper money and it takes time to courage them to use digital money such bitcoin.
It will not become hard to convince people to use digital currencies like bitcoin because if you will explain it in a right way like telling them that bitcoin is a good place to invest their money and bitcoin has a lot of great features like being fast in transactions and also secure for being anonymous and so on. It is just depend on how you will explain and if you will explain it right then you will convince them easily.
z@yne_remI19

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:27:03 AM

would it work?

papaer money going to never die it has great life time. thousand of years onwards to we have to using paper money so how can it destroy. really i love paper money. if we have to gone some places their had no bit coin accepting then what we have to do, so in that time we have to use paper money only. in the world some places had no bit coin accepting so paper money value never going to down.
tmawheba

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:53:47 AM

Before twenty years I don't know this digital world will exist due to the digitalization usage of paper money drastically reduced and max people not willing to deal with paper money. In the future may be 25 year after new technology will be there and might paper money will be finished.

BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:31:26 AM

I don't think that there is going to be any future for paper money at all.
Bitcoin is going to change the world from this aspect, instead of  people using paper money to pay for stuffs, all they would need to do is to carry their smartphone with them, and it will also be their wallet.
Much more easier to pay with your smartphone which you take out with you anyway, then carrying a wallet with paper money.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:52:41 AM

Currency has traveled from cows to coins to paper to plastic and now its has transformed itself to digital one.
Every mode of currency have its advantages and disadvantages.
Every new type of currency get introduced to overcome disadvantages of existing currency.Currencies have changed their nature from time to time and place to place but they are not out of order.
Some communities or people are still using cows or other livestock as a medium of exchange.
In today's world digital money is becoming more popular due to its low cost and less duration of transaction.
It is easy for developed economies to shift from paper currency to digital one, because they already have setup of it,but third world or developing countries cant afford this transformation.
Economy of every country is controlled by its reserve bank and by its government.
These two institutes never let their hold on the economy to some decentralized cryptocurrencies.
it means even after changing the nature of currency it will never become decentralized.
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:22:26 AM

would it work?

I think, there will come a time when paper money or cash will not exist anymore. Technology is evolving every year, who knows, maybe someday we won't be needing cash anymore and everything will be bought using bitcoins or online money.
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:58:23 PM

would it work?

It is my conviction that paper money cannot be entirely banned, atleast not in the nearest future. We can talk of less cash and not total cashlesness. It is a fact that there are growing array of alternatives but they have not been perfected to guarantee a total ban on paper cash. Paper money will definitely remain with us for a very long time. Developing societies will have a serious problem transitioning and hence the problem.
Paper money cannot even disappear in advanced societies, paper money the money printed by central banks is the money used by banks to create banking money, without that  then they will not be able to print their own money so I do not think that paper money can disappear completely.
spreewel

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:05:10 PM

All the time we talking about paper money I give example with letters, imagin how many emails sent people in 1950 for example - 0, and what is e-mail now Smiley. Of course paper money will not disappear completely but if crypto now is 0.1% all all money after a lot of years paper money will be less than 1%. I sent paper mail 3 times in my life and I am 31 years old, what about my children, maybe they will send 0....
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:45:48 PM

would it work?

Well bitcoin’s growth is tremendous since it had started and it’s popularity is also increasing day to day which leads to increase usage of bitcoin. But still I don’t think that it will replace money because matter of fact; firstly, even though bitcoin has gained huge popularity, it is no close to the popularity of paper money. This implies to usage by people also where usage of bitcoin is no where close to that of paper currency users. Secondly, paper money does not need internet, whereas on the other hand bitcoin is entirely dependent on internet and still there are many places in the planet where internet is not available. So keeping all these short comings of bitcoin. The future of paper money is safe   
mazzaneo

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:47:51 PM

I love crypto, but I also think that paper money will continue for a long while yet. While many younger people are happy to "tap their cards" or use other digital payments such as crypto, middle age/older people may not take so kindly to the move.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
jiamileshuai

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:36:25 PM

I think paper money will never be extinct or not used, because we know paper money is one of the main exchange tools used by most people all over the world. And if it has to switch to digital money, it may only be accepted or valid in some parts of the world, as not all countries around the world use digital money / as bitcoin as a means of transaction. It takes a very long time to apply the use of digital money, it could be our grandchild's later who use it. But I do not think it can happen worldwide.
Bohxz M4p4gm4h4l25

Activity: 339
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:06:17 PM

governments simply aren't interested in incorporating bitcoin. they can't deal with the fact that it is something they can't control. paper money will stay at least for another 10-20 years.
Yes it is, bitcoin is decentralized system and knowing that its contradicting in government, I think they will never allow  bitcoin to run with their Fiat cause they will be deprived for taking control money. I think its still impossible to have a cashless society cause it will not cause us a good result for some speculation that it will also end up in different circumstances.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:18:25 AM

Yes, people's are used to use paper money and more than half of the people's are unaware about the digital money and can't really use it. No matter how much the digital currency is spread but people's will always  prefer using paper money.

Yes, they may start using some centralized wallets like paypal, paytm, etc but they will not completely replace paper money. Paper money is been controlled and managed by the government of each individual country and can't just reduced using paper money.
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: