Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:26:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam alert : Do NOT INVEST in Genesis Mining  (Read 257756 times)
bitcoiner422

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:31:45 PM

Genesis mining doesn't let you sign up with a password longer than 16 characters  Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 02:49:31 AM

Genesis mining doesn't let you sign up with a password longer than 16 characters  Angry

That is the smaller of the problems with Genesis Mining... This kind of investiment just give profit to the site owner and for the Ads networks. Who buys the Mining Power just lose money hoping to have some passive income profit. Hard to believe that there is people investing on this kind of Cloud Mining these days. Many other people lost lots of money with it. Some time ago I believed those sites, but never more!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
tharani

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 10:13:01 AM

you guy's still trust genesis mining eh .??

send me a message if you want your signature to be posted
petricag

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 02:17:08 PM

Genesis Mining site is down.
Preparing for the classic exit strategy "Oh we got DDOS attacked, and lost all information bla bla bla ... we are sorry, we'll be back soon " ?
baeby

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:17:16 PM

Yes, me too.  Undecided
I was too late to read this thread, but at least I learned a lesson.
I am not invested with too much anyway.

For me the excuse was that since I paid with CC, they have to 'hold back' my BTC payments for a month, since they want to be 'safe' to receive the payment first.
This BTW reminds me that I have the option to ask my bank to cancel the transfer, since it's been only like a week since I signed up.   Wink
I guess I have to thank them that they went out so quickly before my actual month passed, at which point my bank would not be able to cancel the sum.

Anyway, I do not really understand why they decided to shut down right now.
Zcash is just getting mainstream and they were offering 'pre bought' contracts to start to mine in December ...

Lucide

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:45:43 AM

The first thread on Scam accusations is a list of scam sites, how come Genesis mining isn't listed on there Huh
goldencookie

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 01:20:33 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2016, 01:36:04 AM by goldencookie

I feel it my duty to report here I purchased 3 contracts with Genesis Mining and that I believe they are selling worthless contracts and
know exactly that these contracts will be worthless***. I would advise anyone who has paid them to cancel your credit card asap and not
to think twice.

Do the math your self:

Term Hashpower Type    Price
"lifetime" 7.5 TH/s     sha256    USD 1,050.00
1 year 39 H/s     equihash    USD 1,120.01
2 years 50 MH/s     x11    USD 410.00

Anyone with an eyeball can see that the above cannot return profit and/or will cause loss of principal only. So
it is simply pay to play. Better to get some mining equipment that might give a return over 3-5 years...might!
Though it seems the mining equipment companies (different thread) are a former version of this con/scam, they
are getting a little better these days...but not much! Smiley

If you have miners in your basement you are most likely operating at a loss.
If you have a couple hundred miners in a data center you are most likely operating at a loss, unless
most of them were purchased a year or so ago, and still, after the doubling it is a fine line.
If you have a few thousand miners in various data centers that have very very low power costs and cheap
labor you MIGHT be able to make a profit!

That's it, my personal comments and opinions. Don't call me for "proof", do your own math!

***Just to spell it out I believe selling known worthless contracts is an application of the term "fraud" and should be
categorized as such. Some of you may prefer "hustle" or "scam" to use less legally defined terms, however, I believe
folk that do these things (and companies) should be heavily discouraged and called out, to protect the less informed,
which is another good reason we have forums like this!

goldencookie

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:36:54 AM

ps my note to Genesis:

"Hello, After some research it is becoming clear to me that Genesis Mining Company knows that the contracts they sell are virtually worthless and that you must continue to sell these worthless contracts to fund operations as current operations are not covering expenses."

pre credit card cancellation note!
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 03:47:23 AM

ps my note to Genesis:

"Hello, After some research it is becoming clear to me that Genesis Mining Company knows that the contracts they sell are virtually worthless and that you must continue to sell these worthless contracts to fund operations as current operations are not covering expenses."

Genesis mining is a very very BIG SCAM ! I think I will have my ROI in about 100 years.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 03:49:17 AM

The first thread on Scam accusations is a list of scam sites, how come Genesis mining isn't listed on there Huh

that site must be on Genesis mining payroll. Genesis Mining is a scam. I got burned , watch out everyone.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
defconone

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 04:56:25 PM

ps my note to Genesis:

Genesis mining is a very very BIG SCAM ! I think I will have my ROI in about 100 years.
Did they promise you Return on Investment? Any have you any proof of that?

I do not think is a scam at all. Also there is 0 proof of a scam.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 02:23:20 AM

Scam or not, people should be careful about cloud mining. Most of them are indeed scams. But looking into what people say in this thread, seems like one of the most popular cloud mining websites might be turning into a scam. However, I think mining might not be as profitable as it used to be. Unless someone develops a super miner that can improve mining capabilities and costs.
alt213

Activity: 537
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 06:03:33 PM

totally agreed, G-M sell delusion to its customers , for example ZEC 1 years contract cost about 0.046BTC, daily earning approx 0.00015 zec , with current price of zec i need 10 years to recover my initial investment.

goldencookie

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 02:32:45 AM

As previously stated. They know they are selling worthless contracts. They hide that fact behind obfuscated language. But
they know, and they know for sure. And their founder is sipping mint juleps on all the fraud proceeds!

You guys call that scam. I call it FRAUD!
It needs to be stopped.

Just my humble opinion, I am sure many legal authorities will agree with me.

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 03:34:25 AM

That is the smaller of the problems with Genesis Mining... This kind of investiment just give profit to the site owner and for the Ads networks. Who buys the Mining Power just lose money hoping to have some passive income profit. Hard to believe that there is people investing on this kind of Cloud Mining these days. Many other people lost lots of money with it. Some time ago I believed those sites, but never more!

I have seen so many people promoting Genesis Mining but after the closure of HashOcean I do find shared mining companies to be doubtful. Honestly, I did take a look at Genesis especially since they have been in business for years and I assumed they are already stable. However, online opportunities can sometimes be shaky so we have to be careful...be very very careful.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 04:08:43 PM

As previously stated. They know they are selling worthless contracts. They hide that fact behind obfuscated language. But
they know, and they know for sure. And their founder is sipping mint juleps on all the fraud proceeds!

It needs to be stopped.

it won't end quick though. next crypto bubble once btc is at 1000 will bring in new suckers for them to milk

Glucose (OP)

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:25:08 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2016, 01:47:33 PM by Glucose

It needs to be stopped.

it won't end quick though. next crypto bubble once btc is at 1000 will bring in new suckers for them to milk

I hope my thread, and all the testmonies collected, will avoid them to pay for nothing. We have to keep spreading awareness
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 04:03:46 PM

ever since that I found this genesis-mining I've never trusted it, maybe it appears to be legit but i am already tired of any investments ponzi/hyip and I just want to hold all my earnings rather than putting it to any kind of investments especially when the hashocean collapsed i really have a doubt that genesis-mining will never become like HO and now it is on the scam accusations.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 07:02:34 PM

Genesis Mining is legitimate but they are in this to make money for themselves and their investors first remember. The dirty secret they try to hide from investors is the very high daily fees they charge. For SHA-256 they charge $0.35 per TH per day. That means over half your mining profit goes to Genesis Mining in terms of fees. That is not fair and there are alternatives. BW.com only charges $0.26 per TH per day while ViaBTC is lowest at $0.16 per TH per day. Hashnest is not selling hosted S9 mining yet.

Malindi

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 04:09:30 PM

Genesis Mining is committing daylight robbery. I mean it sells contracts to investors knowing very well they will lose money. Why does the company continue providing a service which make investors lose money? As far as I am concerned Genesis Mining is one big scam. Its directors are crooks and fraudsters and should be prosecuted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: