Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:17:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam alert : Do NOT INVEST in Genesis Mining  (Read 257755 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 07:54:38 PM

That are some great Payouts! Love it!
Please keep the post gowning!

What's great about those payouts?

Here's something to get you started:

~160 BTC "invested"
~1320 TH/s
~0.44 BTC current daily payout

How much is the maintenance fee?

How many days to break-even at 2% (extremely optimistic) difficulty growth?

Or will you avoid answering this too, like you do with any questions involving numbers or math?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 08:45:02 PM

Review and Update.

Latest payouts.  

Payouts   Date               Amount  
13         2/7/2017       0.39619655
14         2/8/2017       0.39102786

At this point I realized that this was all a mistake and I'd like to apologize to  ....Just kidding.  I upgraded another 200 TH/s.

Total hashrate is at 1320 TH/s

15        2/9/2017        0.4592695
16        2/10/2017      0.43685938
17        2/11/2017      0.45184163
18        2/12/2017      0.44973625
19        2/13/2017      0.44659067
20        2/14/2017      0.44675886

Total Mined BTC to date = 6.395966719

Total Invested.

Investments   Hashpower (Th) Total Hashpower = 1320Th  Total $$$ = $166,452.00

1   $25,250.00                  200
2   $25,250.00                  200
3   $12,610.00                  100
4   $2,522.00                    20
5   $25,250.00                  200
6   $25,250.00                  200
7   $25,250.00                  200
8   $25,250.00                  200

Will continue posting results

[imghttps://imageshack.com/i/pnOR5aCaj[/img]http://

He is throwing his money away. Let's wait 3 months : His investment will be dust.

Btw Zeta, you're full of shit. Supporting this scam here. You should be ashamed of yourself. If you think you are convincing anybody you are living in a dreamworld. It's over. The company you are supporting will be over too. It may takes a few years but it's over for them.
I only ask the dude for more post updates.

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
pixelpowered

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 09:31:01 PM

Never heared so much bullshit. I don't know if you are one of the Genesis Mining "minions" trying to ruin this thread lol,

Did you not try to ruin the official Genesis Mining Thread yourselves?

Oh yeah I tried to say the truth on their thread and warn other cutomers. No regrets about that. In my opinion everybody should ruin their thread because they are liars and thieves.
The only question is why you are still supporting them (and my answer is you are probably being paid by them..)

The truth is forbidden!
GM/Marco has been removing all that type of of annoying details and data from all social media/forums since 2015.
If you missed it, I made a picture that was topical at time to warn as a parody.
I think you would like it Glucose.

The unfortunate part is people don't read any of the stuff they agree to with GM. Let alone understand that its written in a way where they can stop the service a lot of the times with no risk to them.
Another way to control the narrative on social media is if you see a call out on ROI or someone detailing how it won't profit.
The GM PR or "support" will reply with a stock reply on how, 'Therefore, we recommend all our clients to do their own research and do their own profitability calculation. We are confident having the most cost efficient mining infrastructure possible.' Oh and usually link coinwarz (where they advertise) so you can convince yourself to lose money with their service.

Another clever thing Marco did over time while securing mining gear is pasting the GM brand in the crypto space.
Go look on the FB page photos. When people talk about cryptocurrency or is a prominent public figure.
They'll quote them and use their brand over them, without consent. Hence the reason why I made the picture of Garza and Marco. Both play the same game but Garza was too dumb and greedy, getting him caught quickly.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 09:46:10 PM

I only ask the dude for more post updates.

Not true. You also said that payouts are great. What's great about them? Payouts seem very shitty to me. Please explain.
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 11:12:58 PM

-blah blah blah- Tongue

He is throwing his money away. Let's wait 3 months : His investment will be dust.

Btw Zeta, you're full of shit. Supporting this scam here. You should be ashamed of yourself. If you think you are convincing anybody you are living in a dreamworld. It's over. The company you are supporting will be over too. It may takes a few years but it's over for them.

So this has been proven these people will not even get their initial investment back let alone roi from this company? Undecided
That is what I think will happen too.
maintenance fees would more than likely eat up anything you'd think you would be making from these type of sites.
That is how the bank gets you with the interest said they give you if you hold money in a high interest savings account. You are paying fees just to withdraw the amount you have in there and that goes back into their pockets for the fees you are paying straight back to them. Roll Eyes
Supebox

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 04:38:42 AM

Lol there is a lunatic on steemit who scams more ppl, on behalve on genesis minnig.
As long as these idiots exist they will earn more money

@craig-grant
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@craig-grant/upgrading-genesis-mining-bitcoin-contract-with-usd30

Judge for yourself...
pixelpowered

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 05:37:49 AM

Never heared so much bullshit. I don't know if you are one of the Genesis Mining "minions" trying to ruin this thread lol,

Did you not try to ruin the official Genesis Mining Thread yourselves?

Oh yeah I tried to say the truth on their thread and warn other cutomers. No regrets about that. In my opinion everybody should ruin their thread because they are liars and thieves.
The only question is why you are still supporting them (and my answer is you are probably being paid by them..)

Because Genesis Mining is a parasitic scam.

Zeta0S has been bonded to it for a long time.

His latest posts lead to his Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-YY2DsZVEvsNNRSFkprxLQ/videos

Checkout out all those GM videos. Being a referral whore and hooking new users to GM using his subscriber userbase.
Then there's also this place - http://www.bitcoinupdate.nl/
The beginning posts looked genuinely helpful in showing off hardware reviews.
Greed possibly took over, only Vic can tell us.

GM is just one of the many HYIP and blatantly bad cloud-mining sites he promotes through his channels.

Zeta0S/Vic's most recent GM promo has some nice hidden gems.
Also take a look at those dashboard readouts and at the of the checkout.
Review Genesis Mining income and settings February 2017
What's that I hear about contracts at around 2:50-3:10?

Then there's the comments already within hours asking for help to understand the bait and bewilderment...
Followed by the stock answer from him and others.
Its like an incantation spell uttered on all the social media when pressed for details on how to get diminishing payouts.

"The specific duration of an Open-Ended contract is variable and determined by three factors: The mining difficulty, the Bitcoin vs USD exchange rates and the maintenance fee (This includes all electricity, cooling, development and servicing costs). We cannot control the first two factors which are unpredictable, but we do always deploy the latest mining technology, and do our best to keep it running at their maximum capability for you.

In the event of a contract becoming unprofitable (i.e. the payout can’t cover the maintenance fee), the resulting daily payout will be zero. After that, the contract will continue to mine for 60 days. This means that we will take care of the maintenance fee in the hope that your contract becomes profitable again. This may happen if the mining network difficulty decreases and/or Bitcoin price increases. If the contract does not return to profitability in this period it will be terminated because the mining machines are consuming resources (electricity, cooling, hosting, servicing, etc.) which cannot be paid with their generated payouts.

You will receive a notification if your contract is affected, and a number of options will be offered on how to proceed."

Genesis Mining is a parasitic scam.
The promoters carry the disease.
I hope BCT starts to reject them out the forum and see that the math and management style doesn't work.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:07:43 AM

You forgot to highlight the most telling part, thus cementing the truism that only mathematicians see patterns.
Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 01:23:35 PM

What can really save you after buying GM hashpower is that ASICs already reached 16nm chips (AntMiner S9). It's not far away of 14nm point that even Intel cannot go beyond so far. It pretty much means that difficulty won't rise that fast in the future (just guess, however).
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 02:54:21 PM

What can really save you after buying GM hashpower is that ASICs already reached 16nm chips (AntMiner S9). It's not far away of 14nm point that even Intel cannot go beyond so far. It pretty much means that difficulty won't rise that fast in the future (just guess, however).

That still doesn't prevent Bitmain and others from producing untold millions of those miners. Difficulty will rise UNLESS Bitcoin price drops to the level that makes investment in new mining hardware as risky as it was in 2015, when difficulty stagnated. Basically "investing" in GM would mean shorting BTC in a convoluted way. You might as well just hold USD if you expect BTC to get cheaper.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:01:07 AM

That still doesn't prevent Bitmain and others from producing untold millions of those miners. Difficulty will rise UNLESS Bitcoin price drops to the level that makes investment in new mining hardware as risky as it was in 2015, when difficulty stagnated. Basically "investing" in GM would mean shorting BTC in a convoluted way. You might as well just hold USD if you expect BTC to get cheaper.

The relationship between difficulty, total hashrate and price is not a simple subject (for me, anyway) about which to make definitive predictions.
There are many unquantifiable factors which would only become obvious if/when bitcoin turned into a bear market.
Things like sunk costs, electricity prices, capital tax breaks, the ratio of already mined to newly mined coins and internal Chinese politics are just a few of the variables that would affect decisions by miners as to when to stop mining or even when to attempt 51%.
One thing is for sure, the long term interests of the industrial mining complexes and the short term cloudmining investor will not necessarily coincide, and there will only be one winner in that game.
Also, with maintenance costs priced in fiat and gross returns in btc, the "unprofitable" contract cancellation clause gets to be a target for a cloudmining operation on its investors, similar to stop hunting in derivative markets.
Should the BTC price/difficulty/fee ratio become such that big cloudminers like Genesis were daily cancelling contracts and repo'ing large amounts of hashrate from investors, then there would be an obvious longer term incentive for them to conspire in affecting the one ingredient of that nexus that they could, the short term price. 

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:19:05 PM

Should the BTC price/difficulty/fee ratio become such that big cloudminers like Genesis were daily cancelling contracts and repo'ing large amounts of hashrate from investors, then there would be an obvious longer term incentive for them to conspire in affecting the one ingredient of that nexus that they could, the short term price. 

At Genesis they cannot cancel the contract forever if price drops - when price goes up and the contract becomes profitable, they will have turn it on, won't they?
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:35:16 PM

At Genesis they cannot cancel the contract forever if price drops - when price goes up and the contract becomes profitable, they will have turn it on, won't they?

Quote from: Genesis FAQs
In the event of a contract becoming unprofitable (i.e. the payout can’t cover the maintenance fee), the resulting daily payout will be zero. After that, the contract will continue to mine for 60 days. This means that we will take care of the maintenance fee in the hope that your contract becomes profitable again. This may happen if the mining network difficulty decreases and/or Bitcoin price increases. If the contract does not return to profitability in this period it will be terminated...

LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 06:55:43 PM

You forgot to highlight the most telling part, thus cementing the truism that only mathematicians see patterns.
I like how it says "schemes" with genesis mining.
They are the masters of the cloud mining schemes it seems.
 Undecided
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:13:39 PM

Undecided

Maybe "schemes" in Genesis Schemes" is a verb, not a noun.
Anyway, they should scheme, they're a business and that's what businesses do. The trick for us punters is to try and negotiate a way thru their scheming to our advantage and, if we can't do that, stay the fuck away from them.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 07:23:03 PM

The relationship between difficulty, total hashrate and price is not a simple subject (for me, anyway) about which to make definitive predictions.
There are many unquantifiable factors which would only become obvious if/when bitcoin turned into a bear market.
Things like sunk costs, electricity prices, capital tax breaks, the ratio of already mined to newly mined coins and internal Chinese politics are just a few of the variables that would affect decisions by miners as to when to stop mining or even when to attempt 51%.
One thing is for sure, the long term interests of the industrial mining complexes and the short term cloudmining investor will not necessarily coincide, and there will only be one winner in that game.
Also, with maintenance costs priced in fiat and gross returns in btc, the "unprofitable" contract cancellation clause gets to be a target for a cloudmining operation on its investors, similar to stop hunting in derivative markets.

True, it's more complicated than just "if Bitcoin price is X then difficulty is Y" but in this context (Genesis Mining) it's very likely that their contracts will become unprofitable much sooner than many (probably most) other mining operations, all other things being equal. Their fee is equivalent to 0.116 USD per kWh if applied to Antminer S9, or ~45% of mining revenue at current difficulty, which is quite bad compared to pretty much anything else, from Hashnest to running miners in one's basement unless the basement is in California or some such place.

In other words, barring a catastrophic drop in Bitcoin price I think it's extremely unlikely that any other factors would cause massive (sufficient to slow or reverse difficulty growth) numbers of miners to stop mining BEFORE Genesis fees exceed earnings, which would likely happen - again, all other things being equal - within the next 6-12 months.

And of course if anyone anticipates any such catastrophe there are much better ways to profit from that, no need to give money to Genesis.
pixelpowered

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 09:16:13 PM

Undecided

Maybe "schemes" in Genesis Schemes" is a verb, not a noun.
Anyway, they should scheme, they're a business and that's what businesses do. The trick for us punters is to try and negotiate a way thru their scheming to our advantage and, if we can't do that, stay the fuck away from them.

It is a verb, nice catch  Wink
You and Gleb must be mathematicians to notice all the details  Grin
I'll try to come up with some other good parody ads.

You and others will not be able to find a nice margin between Marco's math to punt it out.
Any partners Marco makes is to capture more hardware and setup the same service.
Part it out under a 'service' when its really a bad loan, then they slowly give you back your bits.
After fees of course.

dervil

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 09:29:41 PM

I think it's scammers I had with them such a situation
that first blocked me for a week referring,
I do think that anyone who does not offer a free making it a scammer,
'advance have such an assumption
BTCDream

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 12:44:07 AM

Review and Update.

Latest payouts. 

Payouts   Date               Amount   
21         2/15/2017       0.45082604
22         2/16/2017       0.45805296
23         2/17/2017       0.43639374

At this point I  upgraded another 200 TH/s.

Total hashrate is at 1520 TH/s

24        2/18/2017      0.50472102
25a       2/19/2017     0.43671164  (Full Disclosure: There was a discrepancy with this payout. I was missing the upgraded amount. GM corrected the issue, hence the other small payout.)
25b       2/19/2017      0.06478569
26        2/20/2017      0.50478069
27        2/21/2017      0.51339808
28        2/22/2017      0.52059900
29        2/23/2017      0.52836683

Total Mined BTC to date = 10.81460241

Total Invested.

Investments   Hashpower (Th) Total Hashpower = 1520Th  Total $$$ = $191,672.00

1   $25,250.00                  200
2   $25,250.00                  200
3   $12,610.00                  100
4   $2,522.00                    20
5   $25,220.00                  200
6   $25,220.00                  200
7   $25,220.00                  200
8   $25,220.00                  200
9   $25,220.00                  200

https://imageshack.com/i/plhI3oQhj
https://imageshack.com/i/pn7BmuPyj
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 12:47:01 AM

Review and Update.

Latest payouts. 

Payouts   Date               Amount   
21         2/15/2017       0.45082604
22         2/16/2017       0.45805296
23         2/17/2017       0.43639374

At this point I  upgraded another 200 TH/s.

Total hashrate is at 1520 TH/s

24        2/18/2017      0.50472102
25a       2/19/2017     0.43671164  (Full Disclosure: There was a discrepancy with this payout. I was missing the upgraded amount. GM corrected the issue, hence the other small payout.)
25b       2/19/2017      0.06478569
26        2/20/2017      0.50478069
27        2/21/2017      0.51339808
28        2/22/2017      0.52059900
29        2/23/2017      0.52836683

Total Mined BTC to date = 10.81460241

Total Invested.

Investments   Hashpower (Th) Total Hashpower = 1520Th  Total $$$ = $191,672.00

1   $25,250.00                  200
2   $25,250.00                  200
3   $12,610.00                  100
4   $2,522.00                    20
5   $25,220.00                  200
6   $25,220.00                  200
7   $25,220.00                  200
8   $25,220.00                  200
9   $25,220.00                  200

Thanks for sharing  Smiley

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: