Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ACTUAL Butterfly Labs PCB pics!  (Read 40314 times)
scrybe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 01:14:52 AM

Well there is a relevance of chips <-> device coz it affects the difficulty.
The J'things produce a lot less GH/s per chip.

If that impacts the overall hashrate by more than 10% I'd be amazed. Many more chips will be going into the other models, which means that the slower speed of the Jally should be discounted to 25%, 12.5% or less on a per unit basis.

let me just make a point, I don't think that Jally's are going to be as popular as singles (or even little singles) but let's assume half of what they sell if Jally's and they sell 1000 of each them and Singles.

Jally: 1000*4.5 = 4.5TH
Single: 1000*8*7.5 = 60TH
Total: 9000 Chips for 64.5TH
Average per chip: 7.16GH/s
Impact of shipping half Jally: 4.5% total hashrate reduction.

It does not matter because it's a small margin and it's something that will be breaking in our favor, but unpredictably. There are so many errors larger than 5% in guessing this stuff that you are better off just assuming the worst.

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 05:34:33 PM

By the way, the first chip run for BFL is allegedly 20,000 chips.

20,000 ASIC chips can make

20k / 8 = 2,500 Single SC chips.
20k / ? = ?,??? Little SC chips.
20k / 1 = 20,000 Jalapenos.
20k / 200 = 100 Mini-rigs.

Those are the totals if a batch of 20,000 are divided above as if the batch were used exclusively for one type.

Question: How does one go about fulfilling 12,000 order ID's? Lets assume there are less than 6,000 valid orders. (no clue how many are multiple units in each order...so lets assume it makes up to 6,000 assorted units. Some will order several units while others only 1 unit.)

How does one go about fulfilling that many orders with only 20k ASIC chips? Anyone know how many chips will go into each little single SC?

Has BFL even gotten the 20K chips yet? From what I've read, they'll need at least 40K chips to accomplish the same task. Too bad twice as many units were ordered since this exampled was used.

Now, BFL is in the chips selling business while investors who ordered Little Singles get pushed further down the queue since they were tricked by BFL to trade in their Chilly Peppers.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 04:18:48 AM

When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?

Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.

With the bump in power requirements on the MR and the new screen, we had to make changes, although the new screen is already certified.  We are doing all the devices at once, since they all share the same board.

How is that 2 week FCC certification coming?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:10:08 PM

With the bump in power requirements on the MR and the new screen, we had to make changes, although the new screen is already certified.  We are doing all the devices at once, since they all share the same board.

How is that 2 week FCC certification coming?
ahahaha, yeah an update on that would be nice eh?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 10:09:16 PM

Soon, we will get to the bottom of this. I just sent out 5 emails to the FCC. Tomorrow, I make a call. I tried earlier but they were already closed. Make no mistake, I will not make the same mistake tomorrow.

Josh/BFL, you want to play hardball? Let's Play!

GAME ON!
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 08:35:25 AM

Soon, we will get to the bottom of this. I just sent out 5 emails to the FCC. Tomorrow, I make a call. I tried earlier but they were already closed. Make no mistake, I will not make the same mistake tomorrow.

Josh/BFL, you want to play hardball? Let's Play!

GAME ON!
I don't see why you really care so much about BFL's FCC status.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: