Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:05:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:47:41 PM

Looks like AP has been drinking again Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:50:32 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2015, 11:04:37 PM by americanpegasus

why would this be more valued than boolberry

• Amazing name, with active and passionate technical and social development.  One of the top cryptocurrency developers + one of the biggest social crypto-enthusiasts interested in building long term future for Aeon.
  • Dual-headed for-use case, aside from a potential future economy: Cryptonote idea test bed + 'Digital Luxury Object'
  • No 1% perpetual dev mine.
  • First serious inflationary cryptocurrency with a mathematically elegant 8/9% perpetual inflation, so miners will never abandon the network - there is always new Aeon to mine.
  • If there ever was a 'Pegasus coin', this would be it.  My full support, savings, and passion are behind this project.
  • Seeks to complement Monero, while also keeping it on its toes.

No undue animosity intended towards Boolberry; I'd much rather hold that than something like Dash or ShadowCash, but I honestly feel the short list in cryptocurrency right now is Bitcoin, Monero, Aeon, and then Ethereum in a distant fourth with Boolberry coming in fifth.  

I feel confident that Aeon is going to be one to watch in 2016 and afterwards.  

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
funnyman21

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:51:30 PM

AP please bookmark the link below. It might save you some money in the future:

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/limitorder.asp

The community does appreciate your enthusiasm!
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:02:12 PM

AP please bookmark the link below. It might save you some money in the future:

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/limitorder.asp

The community does appreciate your enthusiasm!

Limit orders are for babies.  Real men slap that ask.

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:13:16 PM

Just like that.  Get that weak ass wall of 20,000 outta here.   Grin Wink

BITCOIN TOP-500: 1-50

1.  BTC980,000*. Satoshi Nakamoto

2.  BTC400,000*. HD Moore (AHA)

3.  BTC400,000*. Dustin D. Trammell (AHA)

4.  BTC400,000*. Tod Beardsley (AHA)

5.  BTC350,000*. "Dread Pirate Roberts" a.k.a. "DPR"

6.  BTC300,000.  Roger Ver

7.  BTC300,000*. "knightmb"

After I saw this list, I formulated a new goal.  I have no desire to own the amount that Satoshi does - that amount of a currency should be reserved for an entire first world nation's reserves.  But, I do want to match the ownership of the top three public owners of Bitcoin, the illustrious trio in 2nd - 4th place.  If (and it's a big if) Aeon ever becomes one of the major currencies of the world (and who knows what may come in ten or fifteen years) that gives me a good shot at being one of the world's first trillionaires and being able to make some truly significant changes to our civilization. 

And I'm almost there. 

cryptodromeda

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:18:07 PM

Just like that.  Get that weak ass wall of 20,000 outta here.   Grin Wink

1.  BTC980,000*. Satoshi Nakamoto

2.  BTC400,000*. HD Moore (AHA)

3.  BTC400,000*. Dustin D. Trammell (AHA)

4.  BTC400,000*. Tod Beardsley (AHA)

5.  BTC350,000*. "Dread Pirate Roberts" a.k.a. "DPR"

6.  BTC300,000.  Roger Ver

7.  BTC300,000*. "knightmb"

After I saw this list, I formulated a new goal.  I have no desire to own the amount that Satoshi does - that amount of a currency should be reserved for an entire first world nation's reserves.  But, I do want to match the ownership of the top three public owners of Bitcoin, the illustrious trio in 2nd - 4th place.  If (and it's a big if) Aeon ever becomes one of the major currencies of the world (and who knows what may come in ten or fifteen years) that gives me a good shot at being one of the world's first trillionaires and being able to make some truly significant changes to our civilization.  

And I'm almost there.  

So we can assume you never will be selling your Aeon?

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
funnyman21

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:23:16 PM

After I saw this list, I formulated a new goal.  I have no desire to own the amount that Satoshi does - that amount of a currency should be reserved for an entire first world nation's reserves.  But, I do want to match the ownership of the top three public owners of Bitcoin, the illustrious trio in 2nd - 4th place.  If (and it's a big if) Aeon ever becomes one of the major currencies of the world (and who knows what may come in ten or fifteen years) that gives me a good shot at being one of the world's first trillionaires and being able to make some truly significant changes to our civilization.  

And I'm almost there.  

Why would he sell at a loss? It is fairly likely he was the one who placed market buy orders up to 9000 satoshi the other week and he said he wants to own 400,000 coins. The way he talks about 10-15 year timeframe it appears he is in for the long run.

AP have you decided which island you want to buy in case your vision for the future becomes reality?
cryptodromeda

Activity: 212

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:27:53 PM

And I'm almost there.  

Why would he sell at a loss? It is fairly likely he was the one who placed market buy orders up to 9000 satoshi the other week and he said he wants to own 400,000 coins. The way he talks about 10-15 year timeframe it appears he is in for the long run.

Since when has the word 'never' been used to describe the short-term? Surely never pertains to the infinite.

Clearly it was a question designed to probe whether AP is using Aeon as a method of acquiring BTC (given the quoted list), or whether he believes Aeon will become the defacto global currency, to which conversion to BTC (or even fiat) is unnecessary.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
broadsword

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:54:52 PM

• Amazing name, with active and passionate technical and social development.  One of the top cryptocurrency developers + one of the biggest social crypto-enthusiasts interested in building long term future for Aeon.
  • Dual-headed for-use case, aside from a potential future economy: Cryptonote idea test bed + 'Digital Luxury Object'
  • No 1% perpetual dev mine.
  • First serious inflationary cryptocurrency with a mathematically elegant 8/9% perpetual inflation, so miners will never abandon the network - there is always new Aeon to mine.
  • If there ever was a 'Pegasus coin', this would be it.  My full support, savings, and passion are behind this project.
  • Seeks to complement Monero, while also keeping it on its toes.

No undue animosity intended towards Boolberry; I'd much rather hold that than something like Dash or ShadowCash, but I honestly feel the short list in cryptocurrency right now is Bitcoin, Monero, Aeon, and then Ethereum in a distant fourth with Boolberry coming in fifth.  

I feel confident that Aeon is going to be one to watch in 2016 and afterwards.  

all heard before not saying aeon a shit coin but definitely not what your making it out to be

broadsword

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:56:32 PM

4 letter names > 9 letter names?

lol only if were that simple
ancientcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:59:14 PM

holding my coins. built up quite a large stash buying while it was trading on the thread.

i lost a wallet holding a large amount of coins got it recovered took ages but with help got it. ive made copies of my wallet now so learnt from mistake.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:00:48 AM

Since when has the word 'never' been used to describe the short-term? Surely never pertains to the infinite.

Clearly it was a question designed to probe whether AP is using Aeon as a method of acquiring BTC (given the quoted list), or whether he believes Aeon will become the defacto global currency, to which conversion to BTC (or even fiat) is unnecessary.

We used to talk about whether people were using Bitcoin as a means to acquire more fiat, or if they really believed in it.  Now we are discussing Aeon in terms of "really believing in it" or using it merely to acquire more Bitcoins.  

I once talked on Reddit about the philosophy of people who go "all the way" on risky gambles.  I think this and Monero may be one such gamble with the potential to go "all the way".  

I can promise you that I didn't get into Aeon to dump it at 50 cents or $1.00.  Nor did I get into it to dump it at $5, or $10, or even $100.  Aeon is literally and figuratively better as a currency than Bitcoin.  To try to dump it for Bitcoin is to attempt to follow the herd into a more barren pasture than the one you already occupy.  

On the other hand, my driver's side windows don't roll up on my 90's model car.  When it rains, it rains on me.  
Across my very thin walls, my neighbor's three children scream at all hours of the day while their parents scream back at them.  
As well, my day job prevents me from pursuing cryptocurrency as much as I'd like.  

So 300,000?  Consider it gone.  Locked up.  Long term (and I mean 2020+) savings for me.  
And for sure not a single Aeon is traded by me before Aeon is worth more than $1.  

At that point, perhaps I will trade a few so that I don't have to drive in the rain anymore.  
And maybe a few more if/when the price ever goes to $10 (Litecoin level)  
And maybe a few more if/when the price ever goes to $100.  

But at that point, between this and my Monero holdings, I will likely have already quit my job and gone full time Cryptonote promotion.  

So for 70% of my Aeon?  Absolutely, I promise not to sell it for silly Bitcoins or Dollars.  

It's the world's first Digital Luxury Object.  Why would I part with it for something so common and ordinary?  Wink

ancientcoins
Legendary

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:03:37 AM

We used to talk about whether people were using Bitcoin as a means to acquire more fiat, or if they really believed in it.  Now we are discussing Aeon in terms of "really believing in it" or using it merely to acquire more Bitcoins.  

I once talked on Reddit about the philosophy of people who go "all the way" on risky gambles.  I think this and Monero may be one such gamble with the potential to go "all the way".  

I can promise you that I didn't get into Aeon to dump it at 50 cents or $1.00.  Nor did I get into it to dump it at $5, or $10, or even $100.  Aeon is literally and figuratively better as a currency than Bitcoin.  To try to dump it for Bitcoin is to attempt to follow the herd into a more barren pasture than the one you already occupy.  

On the other hand, my driver's side windows don't roll up on my 90's model car.  When it rains, it rains on me.  
Across my very thin walls, my neighbor's three children scream at all hours of the day while their parents scream back at them.  
As well, my day job prevents me from pursuing cryptocurrency as much as I'd like.  

So 300,000?  Consider it gone.  Locked up.  Long term (and I mean 2020+) savings for me.  
And for sure not a single Aeon is traded by me before Aeon is worth more than $1.  

At that point, perhaps I will trade a few so that I don't have to drive in the rain anymore.  
And maybe a few more if/when the price ever goes to $10 (Litecoin level)  
And maybe a few more if/when the price ever goes to $100.  

But at that point, between this and my Monero holdings, I will likely have already quit my job and gone full time Cryptonote promotion.  

So for 70% of my Aeon?  Absolutely, I promise not to sell it for silly Bitcoins or Dollars.  

It's the world's first Digital Luxury Object.  Why would I part with it for something so common and ordinary?  Wink

300k nice, i have more. im holding on to it as long as possible. its hard watching it sit there, i open my wallet everyday to see if the coins aint gone nowhere

i saw aeon becoming good when smooth told us his plans. its long term but lets see what happens. im in amazing profit so more the better. it will help when the ww3 kicks off

.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:06:51 AM

Nice collection of AEON mr. Pegasus. With the exception of smooth's donation fund, you may very well be the largest holder at this point. Get those coins into cold storage!  Wink

I have acquired a decent amount myself with an avg price below 0.00004, I think AEON seems fairly cheap at these levels.

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:07:58 AM

all heard before not saying aeon a shit coin but definitely not what your making it out to be

By all means, embrace and formulate your own opinion.  

No one should need to convince you of the prestige of Aeon; it should be self-evident.

ancientcoins
Legendary

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:11:21 AM

Nice collection of AEON mr. Pegasus. With the exception of smooth's donation fund, you may very well be the largest holder at this point. Get those coins into cold storage!  Wink

I have acquired a decent amount myself with an avg price below 0.00004, I think AEON seems fairly cheap at these levels.

i think he would be third. i dont anyone who could have more than 575k coins. only one concern that keeps me close to button. what happens to those coins when they get released by poloniex when aeon was listed there

.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
ancientcoins
Legendary

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:13:14 AM

has been a bit of wait though. was hoping to sell it on poloniex but dont know why they aint adding. anyhow waiting. its a good trade coin too.

.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:14:30 AM

i think he would be third. i dont anyone who could have more than 575k coins. only one concern that keeps me close to button. what happens to those coins when they get released by poloniex when aeon was listed there

Quite a few coins have been removed from Poloniex even while it has been inactive. I know this because several people who weren't able to run the wallet asked me to hold their coins from Poloniex and then send them to Bittrex. I'm sure there are others who were able to do it themselves. Of course I have no idea how many are left, but I doubt it is a huge amount.
ancientcoins
Legendary

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:17:25 AM

Quite a few coins have been removed from Poloniex even while it has been inactive. I know this because several people who weren't able to run the wallet asked me to hold their coins from Poloniex. I'm sure there are others who were able to do it themselves. Of course I have no idea how many are left, but I doubt it is a huge amount.

i tried getting this info out poloniex but ofcourse i failed they didnt tell me. i don't think its alot too. nothing more than 2million should be fine. the rest well i wish it on no one to lose vast amount of coins as i nearly lost 175k but luckily got it back.

.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
ancientcoins
Legendary

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:19:02 AM

this coin requires patience. im never usually in it for long term of the coins but i like smooth ad is arsenal of donations. i think mid 2016 is when we will seee movement

.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: