Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:20:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190044 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:25:42 AM

I have acquired a decent amount myself with an avg price below 0.00004, I think AEON seems fairly cheap at these levels.

Yep, thanks.  I just purchased my final amount.  The next step is to diversify it across a few places and secure it.  

Also, 10,000 of it is not mine.  

My girl just sold everything she owned and moved to America with me.  I've been so excited about crypto the past year (the entire time we've known each other) that she wanted to get in, even though I warned her this is "made up money" and "could go to zero".  

But she went for it, and now she now owns 7 bitcoins, 2000 Monero, and 10,000 Aeon.  I diversified it into risky, riskier, and riskiest for her, and told her to hold the imaginary money for a few years and see how it works out.  Maybe the crazy gamble goes to zero, and if so then we're still happy and eating.  Or maybe her life is going to going to hit an exponential curve over the rest of the 20-teens along with my own.  

The future is fun and exciting, huh?

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:41:30 AM

In all seriousness on the AEON vs BBR thing, I think both coins are seriously undervalued and BBR is even more undervalued. Just take a look at the crap coins on the list that have similar values, some with zero development or community, dead/abandoned ANN threads, etc.

Both coins should be in the top 50 to top 100 right now IMO. Exactly which should be higher than the other I don't know. Both have good potential to do well in the future, so we'll just see how it works out.

LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:50:00 AM

In all seriousness on the AEON vs BBR thing, I think both coins are seriously undervalued and BBR is even more undervalued. Just take a look at the crap coins on the list that have similar values, some with zero development or community, dead/abandoned ANN threads, etc.

Both coins should be in the top 50 to top 100 right now IMO. Exactly which should be higher than the other I don't know. Both have good potential to do well in the future, so we'll just see how it works out.

I agree both are severely undervalued. Shapeshift support for both would help. Currencies need to be easier to spend! Right now Poloniex (where Aeon will hopefully be added soon) is the only CryptoNote "market" where CryptoNote coins are frequently traded for XMR. Shapeshift could become a 2nd.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 04:19:42 AM

I say again, I would get fully behind them if the dev 1% perpetual mine were removed and the amount mined so far were displayed and pledged towards coin development. 

And to respond to a couple of comments on the previous page, that run up to 9000 Satoshi had a lot to do with me, but it wasn't all me.  I think my sudden buying pressure caused a few humans and bots to panic and start buying at inflated prices (including me.... Grrrr.... My favorite thing isn't buying aeon at 2x price). 

Some people who wanted out took the opportunity to dump down back to 4000 Satoshi, but they have to be careful because they know if they tease with those big sell walls, I might just chew through them and mess up their balance. 

Also, the run up to 6000 Satoshi has been a lot of me too, but in the long term I think we see a nice and slow swell from 1000 Satoshi to current levels.  I'm pretty sure there are a few people getting in now to try to flip at slightly higher prices, but many are buying to hold and those trying to flip will eventually find themselves shaking their heads as the price escalates past their 'flip' sell points. 

Also, I don't know about buying an island... But maybe.  Perhaps a castle in Romania instead.  Smiley.

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:09:04 AM

Someone picked up a nice chunk of over 40k Aeon just now from 3000 satoshi to 3500 satoshi (not me). 

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:24:26 AM

Alright, everyone take a look at these and for anyone interested - let's rank them 1 - 6.  In this way we can at least narrow down which are most interesting and can finalize a design based on that. 

Based on informal feedback from many people, surprisingly a *lot* prefer the very first one, even though I was partial to the second.  I know it doesn't hit the symmetrical spot that was being toyed with for a while but everyone I asked agreed those lines just all jumbled together and weren't distinctive at all.  So pretend it was between these; how would you rank them? 

For me, I would have to say 1, 4, 2, 3, 5, 6. 

The first one is distinctive enough that it sticks with you despite looking strange at first.

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:29:09 AM

At least we're in the same solar system on this one, even if we don't exactly agree.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 07:31:26 AM

At least we're in the same solar system on this one, even if we don't exactly agree.

I deleted the post because I can't keep from staring at 2 and that makes me wonder if it is really the ONE. I suppose it is the ying/yangness of it, but who knows....

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:34:11 AM

I deleted the post because I can't keep from staring at 2 and that makes me wonder if it is really the ONE. I suppose it is the ying/yangness of it, but who knows....

Well I asked the author to flare out the ends of the 'a' and the 'e' where it meets the edge of the circle.  I might make a slight mock-up.  I think the thing that is keeping it from being perfect is that the tips of the a and e tail are as skinny as the rest.  They need to be thicker as cryptoandromeda has stated.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 07:42:08 AM

Well I asked the author to flare out the ends of the 'a' and the 'e' where it meets the edge of the circle.  I might make a slight mock-up.  I think the thing that is keeping it from being perfect is that the tips of the a and e tail are as skinny as the rest.  They need to be thicker as cryptoandromeda has stated.

You could try it the other way so they taper more and more as they near the edge and you'd get a more distinct ae (maybe even round them a bit more so the ying-yang design is more precise).

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:43:26 AM

You could try it the other way so they taper more and more as they near the edge and you'd get a more distinct ae (maybe even round them a bit more so the ying-yang design is more precise).

Who knows - maybe it's perfect as it is.  I tried to make a mockup and I realize I'm not very happy with how it turned out conceptually (even if it were cleaned up).  

It just looks like it's trying to hard. 

But yes, #2 has an amazing charm as well, as I always knew it would.  I really think it does a great job with the yin-yang and has a lot of the rest of the elements we wanted too. 

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 07:59:30 AM

Tapering looked bad, but this isn't the worst ever  Tongue

rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:28:18 AM

I actually wrote quite an extensive post about the logo issue last week, but the forum software managed to wipe it before I had posted and it was lost forever - and to be honest I couldn't be assed to rewrite.

However, in general the gist was that if you're serious about Aeon then the logo needs to be delegated to a team of professionals.

There's no reason to not do exactly what we did with Monero: Use 99 designs to get ~90 designs and use external branding experts to advise on the winning design.

It shouldn't really cost more than $1000 of which I'm happy to contribute a third. A logo fund can be setup accordingly.

If you want a professional product, then you need professional experts in every faculty of its manifestation. Unless you (or we) are branding/logo gurus with a demonstrable portfolio, then professional delegation is the only way, else you are in amateur territory. I appreciate that subjectivity can be seductive, but an objective approach is what's required here.

However, I recommend waiting until after Poloniex adoption. There is no great rush to fix the branding right away. Give it time to breath, and allow the conversation to quietly tick over in the background, and then when we're ready we can formulate a text brief to give to the designers based around the key requirements.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:43:32 AM

Ah well, not sure this reads the right way:
1, -, -, -, -, -.

I can't get around to enjoy any of the other options, as much as I've stared at them at different occasions. The current variety of blue used in 1 is also odd for me, I recall seeing something earlier in the discussion which I much preferred. It might be the blue that I have an issue with, or the combination of both colors on that logo, not sure yet.

Anyhow, great stuff guys, both on the creative work as well as the engaging discussions on all this. Me tied up with work (more so than usual), so I have less time to spend around the forum these days. Not gone anywhere though  Kiss

aerbax

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 04:50:28 PM

serpintine101

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:02:20 PM

For me i like 2,3,4,1,5,6. Although when i keep looking at it 3 keeps grabbing my focus.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:12:21 PM

I agree with this everything rangedriver said although I'm not terribly happy with the Monero result. I think it is just okay. I hope saying so does not discourage the effort, because there are good concepts being developed. I don't think there needs to be a big rush on it in any case.

In terms of ranking the concepts I like 4 and maybe 3. 2 has potential but not quite there yet. I don't really see what people like about 1 but I do acknowledge that people like it.

I still wonder if there is too much focus on the æ concept itself. The name and symbol do not have to match a logo.

papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 06:00:52 PM

Alright, everyone take a look at these and for anyone interested - let's rank them 1 - 6.  In this way we can at least narrow down which are most interesting and can finalize a design based on that.  

Based on informal feedback from many people, surprisingly a *lot* prefer the very first one, even though I was partial to the second.  I know it doesn't hit the symmetrical spot that was being toyed with for a while but everyone I asked agreed those lines just all jumbled together and weren't distinctive at all.  So pretend it was between these; how would you rank them?  

For me, I would have to say 1, 4, 2, 3, 5, 6.  

The first one is distinctive enough that it sticks with you despite looking strange at first.

To be fair, all of them should have the same background.

ps: Because I think we should just polish the current logo.

pps: Don't forget that the name of the game is not Logoing , it's Branding. I know this is lame but there is SO MUCH you could do with the current logo. It really is the most versatile of the options...
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 06:26:55 PM

I like 2 the best, but don't like the sharp corner on the 'e'. I think someone posted a week or two ago about having the 'a' just flipped over to make it completely symmetrical, I think that would look better...I think.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:03:38 PM

americanpegasus, so you offered 6 options in your voting, disregarding other options. Sort of like the democrat and republican option, while every other option doesn't get mentioned in the media. Smart but tricky.

You're almost a part of a cartel here, so it makes sense.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: