Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:44:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190017 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptodromeda

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:32:46 AM

AEON (COIN LOGO) Version 8.1

Experiments with different shapes.

Double circle with a slight slant. So right away there's another subconcious infinity shape and another 8 on its side. The Mastercard feel keeps it finance related, while escaping from the single-circle coin look. Scales well.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:01:44 PM

Double circle with a slight slant. So right away there's another subconcious infinity shape and another 8 on its side. The Mastercard feel keeps it finance related, while escaping from the single-circle coin look. Scales well.

Sweet logo. I don't have a position towards the timing or necessity of changing logo at this point, but I have to confess I really like this one. Nice job bud!

XMRpromotions

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:03:36 AM

Sweet logo. I don't have a position towards the timing or necessity of changing logo at this point, but I have to confess I really like this one. Nice job bud!

I like the unique logo shape. Helps it stand out from the rest

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:58:13 PM

I prefer the single circle logo. The other one just kind of looks like googly eyes or something.
languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:48:10 AM

I prefer the single circle logo. The other one just kind of looks like googly eyes or something.

The circle was fine but I think the goal was to make it noticeably different from all the other coins.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:15:27 AM

Circle reminds me startcoin bullshit supported by keiser (famous bullshitter who directly endorsed maxcoin scam), almost same background color and white letter in it. Maybe it's really good idea to keep square instead of circle.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:57:00 PM

Circle reminds me startcoin bullshit supported by keiser (famous bullshitter who directly endorsed maxcoin scam), almost same background color and white letter in it. Maybe it's really good idea to keep square instead of circle.

I wouldn't single out any coin. There are literally hundreds of dumb coins with circle logos.

Take a look at coinmarketcap right now. 7 out of the top 10 DO NOT have circle logs (I'm not even sure we should count BTC since it was first out the gate with the circle). 8 out of the bottom 10 on the first page DO have circle logos.

Even if the idea was good when Bitcoin did it, it has been ruined by overuse.
opennux

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:23:54 AM

I wouldn't single out any coin. There are literally hundreds of dumb coins with circle logos.

Take a look at coinmarketcap right now. 7 out of the top 10 DO NOT have circle logs (I'm not even sure we should count BTC since it was first out the gate with the circle). 8 out of the bottom 10 on the first page DO have circle logos.

Even if the idea was good when Bitcoin did it, it has been ruined by overuse.

I'm not a fan of the circle either. The circle was because bitcoin was bitCOIN - and even the bitcoin logo has gone through several stages (and not everyone uses the same anyway).

The shaped logo reminds me of Skype.

If we have to differentiate, I don't see any with octagons.

I preferred the square logo the most.

One of the better logos, and sorry to say, I think is.. dare I say it.. Dash. Not because it's pretty or anything, but it's memorable. Besides bitcoin then it is one of the most memorable ones, so one thing they got right.

I will ask a designer who is unfamiliar with the old logo to design something new from scratch (and give a few options). Are we set on the colour scheme (the blue)?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:01:49 AM

I didn't realize square was an option. I just saw circle or boobs on the last page, and I preferred single circle to googly eyes. I think square would be good. Why not diamond? Parallelogram? Rhombus? Dodecahedron???
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 11:18:35 AM

I didn't realize square was an option. I just saw circle or boobs on the last page, and I preferred single circle to googly eyes. I think square would be good. Why not diamond? Parallelogram? Rhombus? Dodecahedron???

Or no background?

The symbol seems right, so why pin yourself to a background when people will naturally want to create their own backgrounds for whatever project they are working on?

Must confess I tend to see the most adaptable plan or action as the best.

opennux

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:36:21 PM

Or no background?

The symbol seems right, so why pin yourself to a background when people will naturally want to create their own backgrounds for whatever project they are working on?

Must confess I tend to see the most adaptable plan or action as the best.

Transparent background is a good idea. Thought about that also. Most of the better functioning ones have no background.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:25:33 AM

I want to ask a few questions to familiarize myself with what is going on with Aeon, because I am curious what are we as a crypto community really doing about adoption. I read some of the posts in this thread and it still feels like a bunch of boys who want to play with tinkertoys, pretend they are important, and build something which is quite useless and has been built many times before, rather than a serious attempt to actually go after Bitcoin.

We are rapidly running out of time. The UK, USA, and Australia are all requiring that all chat and video service providers register master encryption keys with the government yet we were at BCT are wasting time talking about whether a stupid logo should have circle around it. Come guys are you that bored? Isn't smooth's programming talent worth more than such a pathetical waste of time?

I think we've lost our direction as a community.

The PoW is designed to work even on older or slower computers than Monero and the other cryptonotes (though AES-NI is still pretty much necessary, so anything pre-2010 is out, and some really low end later ones don't have it either), so if you have an old computer you aren't using, stick it in the corner and let it mine you some coins.

Smooth I am lazy to dig in your source code. Would you mind telling me if this AES-NI mining algorithm is anything like what I had revealed to you in private was my innovation for a PoW hash? I am not insinuating anything, just asking. No big deal, just want to know.

In addition to some market demand, this coin needs a better mining network since there is currently one guy with a office full of computers or a small botnet mining most of it on minergate. It's obviously not good for security to have that degree of concentration but hard to avoid without growing the hash rate.

How many millions of people has Aeon been distributed to? How about how many thousands? How about how many hundreds? Serious question.

Wake up call. Reality alert.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:33:14 AM

Doesn't it bother you all in the least that Aeon and Monero are both in the same predicament as the shitcoins you hate, in that none of you have any use as a currency. Very near to zero. Perhaps Monero some. But no where near to 10,000 users, not to mention a million users?

Are we going to circle-jerk ourselves and waste the next years again and end up with nothing in the end?

How about changing our patterns of activity and thinking?

Or are we unable to change? Always going to be talking about investor crap such as limit orders and shit that does nothing for adoption.

United we have the power to change the world. But all I see we are doing here is spinning our wheels like a hamster.

So I am trying to figure out how we construct a crypto coin so that there remains a tension or competition between decentralization and centralization ongoing. We don't want entirely decentralization and no centralization as that is just as bad as entirely centralization...

The problem TBTB is that it appears to me you have set yourself a goal that is impossible to achieve. You are trying to create a cryptocurrency that does not centralize over time and I think this is impossible.

[...]

Similarly with cryptocurrency the goal is not to create a currency that is immune to centralization but to create a currency that is resistant to centralization. All viable cryptocurrency models will probably centralize so the winning model will be the one that maximizes the degrees of freedom in an economy and minimizes government control despite this centralization.

I think this is very insightful especially on the math point about perpetual trend to maximum entropy (Second Law of Thermodynamics) by getting more individuals to participate. Think of all the billions of people in the world who have no access to a bank account and thus can't transact on the internet.

Except your lack of formal training in computer science means you missed the major monkey wrench in your statement of the ideal goal at least as pertains to crypto currency. That is the technological fact that centralization of databases is the antithesis of trustless, redundancy, reliability, and high availability.

Any ideas on where to go from there?

My idea is the centralization increasing is the possibility we could have one money for the entire world instead of many national currencies. This makes it easier for a global village of financial exchange. The centralization should not come in the mining because that would be subject to failures and sabotage.

So I think you were correct but misapplied the point. I am aiming for balance of decentralization in the mining, but the currency itself becomes centralizing because it replaces the many national currencies which are barriers to global participation.

Very inspiring!

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:34:59 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2016, 08:08:29 AM by smooth

Smooth I am lazy to dig in your source code. Would you mind telling me if this AES-NI mining algorithm is anything like what I had revealed to you in private was my innovation for a PoW hash? I am not insinuating anything, just asking. No big deal, just want to know.

No it is a minor tweak to the parameters of the CryptoNight algorithm.

EDIT: It is also properly credited to its inventor, which was not me -- see ANN OP.

How many millions of people has Aeon been distributed to? How about how many thousands? How about how many hundreds? Serious question.

I'd guess several hundred. Thousands is possible. It is hard to say.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:37:18 AM

Thank you smooth. No ill intentions on my part.

I think we need to do something. We have a lot of power as a community. We are not using that power effectively as far as I can see. Maybe I don't see everything though. That is why I am interested in learning about what others are thinking this is all about.

Are we just here to make a buck speculating on the cheapest smallest market cap? Or are we here to change the world?

What difference does it make if you profit enough to buy a new car here but the world goes to shit?

I don't understand our behavior.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:40:49 AM

Doesn't it bother you all in the least that Aeon and Monero are both in the same predicament as the shitcoins you hate, in that none of you have any use as a currency. Very near to zero. Perhaps Monero some. But no where near to 10,000 users, not to mention a million users?

No, it doesn't bother me. AEON has many more users than it had a year ago. Monero probably does too. Growth is often slow at first. But then we don't know whether they may hit a hard ceiling. That is certainly possible. Monero seems to have better absolute prospects by virtue of a larger profile and community (and I don't just mean bitcointalk forum users), but that is reflected in the price somewhat I suppose.

Or are we unable to change? Always going to be talking about investor crap such as limit orders and shit that does nothing for adoption.

I have nothing against adoption but also nothing against speculation, nor development-focused projects that are rough but may or may not gain users at a greater level of maturity and utility. They all have their roles to play. If someone wants to create applications and/or use cases for AEON (or Monero or even Bitcoin or some other reasonably credible project), I'd be happy to help if there is something productive I can do.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:41:47 AM

I'll let others respond and I will reply later. Need to go to the grocery store.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 06:57:42 AM

I think we need to do something. We have a lot of power as a community. We are not using that power effectively as far as I can see. Maybe I don't see everything though. That is why I am interested in learning about what others are thinking this is all about.

Are we just here to make a buck speculating on the cheapest smallest market cap? Or are we here to change the world?

What difference does it make if you profit enough to buy a new car here but the world goes to shit?

I think the minimal digital footprint is a worthy goal. Give easier access to digital cash to those who can only afford, beg, borrow, share or steal devices with limited capacities and let them take part in the information economy. People in the jungles of South America or the rural areas of the Pacific deserve to have low cost solutions. Now, how to market it? Who knows? Is it at the level it can be used on simple devices? Would think simple wallets for android devices would follow that step. 

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 09:06:19 AM

I think the minimal digital footprint is a worthy goal. Give easier access to digital cash to those who can only afford, beg, borrow, share or steal devices with limited capacities and let them take part in the information economy. People in the jungles of South America or the rural areas of the Pacific deserve to have low cost solutions. Now, how to market it? Who knows? Is it at the level it can be used on simple devices? Would think simple wallets for android devices would follow that step.  

Thanks for the reply.

I roughly calculate $10,000 to $25,000 per million users I can attain in the Philippines with that scaling out throughout Asia (not one penny of it going into my pocket... I am not asking funding...I have my own funding for the next months). I am talking about verified mobile phone numbers and active participation with verified accounts that existed before 2013 and are still active currently. With much human oversight to be sure the usership is composed of real, unique individuals.

It is insane the amount of money you all are wasting when we could easily solve this problem if we would just stop being so wasteful.

I am wondering what is your motivation here?

1. You all are just enjoying bragging rights and bitching contest against other shitcoins? A small microcosm fetish effect.

2. You all are in delusion thinking that Aeon or Monero could ever scale with absolutely no marketing plan whatsoever? Build it and they will come ostrich-head-in-sand effect.

I am not criticizing per se the technology. I am not saying smooth can't add some technology or that Monero doesn't have some technology. I am saying the planning is completely NONEXISTENT in terms of any level of significant adoption. And the technology focus is not on the development work you need to reach large scale adoption.

I am saying we are not leveraging smooth's energy to any where near his potential. When I see myself or smooth wasting even one iota of time commenting about logo shapes or criticizing shitcoins, I know we as a community are defeated.

I asked here to see what you all have to say. And I only get 2 replies, one from smooth and the other from generalizethis.

What is going on here? Are we only interested in nonsense?

I am trying to wake us up. Seems the drugs are too good.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 09:16:05 AM

What is going on here? Are we only interested in nonsense?

I am trying to wake us up. Seems the drugs are too good.

It's 2-4am in the states, maybe a wake-up call should be made later in the day.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: