Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 10:11:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190044 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 08:21:34 AM

What's a good reference price for Aeon that relates to Monero?

I was thinking Aeon should be around 20% of Monero's price.

So if XMR is currently 0.0025 that would be 0.0005 for Aeon.

I'm mainly thinking for the future as the low volume of Bittrex isn't ideal.

XMR is going to 300-320K satoshi very soon, I believe that in current stage AEON can be fairly valued at 5-10%.

5%-10% of XMR is a long way up from here. It might be possible long term but probably not until LMDB is done and AEON is listed on Poloniex.

Not so long as you think, the whole ask side is very thin and every holder is seems strong, it's near impossible to acquire 50-100K and interest grows. Current asks at current price is just 20 BTC worth. Legit CN coins looks hard to fly, but if they do they do it easy.
These tiny dumpers can be ignored, I consider them as random aliens.
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 02:09:52 PM

What's a good reference price for Aeon that relates to Monero?

I was thinking Aeon should be around 20% of Monero's price.

So if XMR is currently 0.0025 that would be 0.0005 for Aeon.

I'm mainly thinking for the future as the low volume of Bittrex isn't ideal.

XMR is going to 300-320K satoshi very soon, I believe that in current stage AEON can be fairly valued at 5-10%.

5%-10% of XMR is a long way up from here. It might be possible long term but probably not until LMDB is done and AEON is listed on Poloniex.

Not so long as you think, the whole ask side is very thin and every holder is seems strong, it's near impossible to acquire 50-100K and interest grows. Current asks at current price is just 20 BTC worth. Legit CN coins looks hard to fly, but if they do they do it easy.
These tiny dumpers can be ignored, I consider them as random aliens.

AEON having a very small market cap I expected to be more volatile than XMR not less. What do you think the trading volume and volatility would look like if it was listed on Poloniex already?
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 02:24:48 PM

AEON having a very small market cap I expected to be more volatile than XMR not less. What do you think the trading volume and volatility would look like if it was listed on Poloniex already?

I dunno what volume and volatility will be there on polo, currently polo looks like a fat land, buy something and let it grow Nx times. Hard to predict.

For long time AEON on a bittrex looks like extremely cheap and hot muffins in a showcase at dinner time and a number of available AEON for this giveaway becomes smaller with each passing day.

americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 07:22:35 PM

If listed on Polo, all it takes is for one of those 100 bitcoin buy attacks and Aeon would skyrocket to 30k+ satoshi permanently. 

So just assume it's already happened and continue to acquire and help the community however you can. 

Speaking of which, some people have asked me to do a fundraiser to make a proper website.  I know it's not much at the moment, but I would be willing to donate 5000 to 10000 Aeon to whoever would make such a thing... assuming it passed the muster of the Aeon community.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
cryptodromeda

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 08:18:02 PM

If listed on Polo, all it takes is for one of those 100 bitcoin buy attacks and Aeon would skyrocket to 30k+ satoshi permanently.  

So just assume it's already happened and continue to acquire and help the community however you can.  

Speaking of which, some people have asked me to do a fundraiser to make a proper website.  I know it's not much at the moment, but I would be willing to donate 5000 to 10000 Aeon to whoever would make such a thing... assuming it passed the muster of the Aeon community.

I think the key variables are:-

1. Who will host it?

2. Who will pay for the hosting?

3. Who will manage the hosting?

4. Choice of domain name.

5. Site design. Frontend / Backend.

6. Ongoing management and maintenance.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 09:26:20 PM

Speaking of which, some people have asked me to do a fundraiser to make a proper website.  I know it's not much at the moment, but I would be willing to donate 5000 to 10000 Aeon to whoever would make such a thing... assuming it passed the muster of the Aeon community.

I think the key variables are:-

1. Who will host it?

github

2. Who will pay for the hosting?

no need to pay

3. Who will manage the hosting?

look above

4. Choice of domain name.

AFAIK domain name donated to smooth

5. Site design. Frontend / Backend.

No idea, some paid bootstrap theme is good enough

6. Ongoing management and maintenance.

Management = add necessary content, re-generate site.

I am not 100% sure if it's possible to host static website on github with 2nd level domain name, if not, then 5 usd droplet behind Cloud flare free plan is ok for a static website. Or even a 3 euro dedicated ARM on scaleway.com
cryptodromeda

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:32:35 AM

I know it's not much at the moment, but I would be willing to donate 5000 to 10000 Aeon to whoever would make such a thing... assuming it passed the muster of the Aeon community.

Yeah I can throw in a few æ into the mix.

A bootstrapped template for a website just isn't going to cut it - it needs to be properly designed from scratch (imho).

I'll work on some PSD mockups of a few site designs and post them here later in the week. Perhaps with some PSD designs on display we as a community can analyse and introspect accordingly (as we did with the logos).... and then once we've gotten to an area we like... then it should be a fairly simple process for a web coder to take the PSDs and construct accordingly.

This way we can guarantee that everyone has a say in how the site looks and the various elements that should be included. Plus... working from PSD mockups ensures that we start by considering the user experience first and thus work backwards to the technology.... just as I have been doing recently with some mockups for an Aeon mobile wallet:-

cryptodromeda

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:34:00 AM

Inspirational and relevant:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF-tKLISfPE

newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:56:14 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2016, 04:09:07 AM by newb4now

Good video. I wonder what Mr. Jobs would have thought about Aeon.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:51:58 PM

I dunno what volume and volatility will be there on polo, currently polo looks like a fat land, buy something and let it grow Nx times. Hard to predict.

For long time AEON on a bittrex looks like extremely cheap and hot muffins in a showcase at dinner time and a number of available AEON for this giveaway becomes smaller with each passing day.

Only fools would sell AEON at below 20k.  it will hit 30k > on polo
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 01:15:58 PM

I know it's not much at the moment, but I would be willing to donate 5000 to 10000 Aeon to whoever would make such a thing... assuming it passed the muster of the Aeon community.

A bootstrapped template for a website just isn't going to cut it - it needs to be properly designed from scratch (imho).

I'll work on some PSD mockups of a few site designs and post them here later in the week. Perhaps with some PSD designs on display we as a community can analyse and introspect accordingly (as we did with the logos).... and then once we've gotten to an area we like... then it should be a fairly simple process for a web coder to take the PSDs and construct accordingly.

This way we can guarantee that everyone has a say in how the site looks and the various elements that should be included. Plus... working from PSD mockups ensures that we start by considering the user experience first and thus work backwards to the technology.... just as I have been doing recently with some mockups for an Aeon mobile wallet:-

I like the designs here. When designing are you trying to make them as symbolic as possible, making it easier to use by mitigating language barriers and having the added benefit of decreasing translation costs?

cryptodromeda

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:15:20 PM

I like the designs here. When designing are you trying to make them as symbolic as possible, making it easier to use by mitigating language barriers and having the added benefit of decreasing translation costs?

Translation / language universality is a great point.

At the moment the designs are mainly just sketches as a way of thinking about the UI process while testing out different color schemes, typography etc.

For the purposes of universality the UI experience should (imo) be as simple and intuitive as possible.

One example is ditching the use of the terms Locked Balance and Unlocked Balance, which is just unnecessarily confusing (particularly to bitcoin immigrants).

If it brings 0 benefit and +1 confusion (and can be changed easily) then alternatives should be used. Reverting to Confirmed Balance and Unconfirmed Balance has unity with bitcoin nomenclature. (Although an even better method might be to just use Available Balance and simply re-formulate unconfirmed balances as incoming transactions - which is effectively whats used in the fiat system today).

Another thing I was looking at was how best to present and interact with a 95-character long Aeon Address on a small mobile phone screen in a way that is both practical, visible, and stylistically appealing. If there's one really irritating thing about cryptocurrency addresses, its typing (or even pasting) them into tiny single-line entry fields, which invariably involves part of the address being concealed at one end or another - you never really know which is the start and which is the end -and a careless keypress or pasting mistake can lead to an erroneous entry.

One way around this (as seen above) is splitting the entry field into 5 rows of 19 characters so that the incoming address is automatically truncated (and centrally justified)... making it entirely visible, practical to manipulate and pleasing to the eye.

languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 05:48:39 AM

Translation / language universality is a great point.

At the moment the designs are mainly just sketches as a way of thinking about the UI process while testing out different color schemes, typography etc.

For the purposes of universality the UI experience should (imo) be as simple and intuitive as possible.

One example is ditching the use of the terms Locked Balance and Unlocked Balance, which is just unnecessarily confusing (particularly to bitcoin immigrants).

If it brings 0 benefit and +1 confusion (and can be changed easily) then alternatives should be used. Reverting to Confirmed Balance and Unconfirmed Balance has unity with bitcoin nomenclature. (Although an even better method might be to just use Available Balance and simply re-formulate unconfirmed balances as incoming transactions - which is effectively whats used in the fiat system today).

Another thing I was looking at was how best to present and interact with a 95-character long Aeon Address on a small mobile phone screen in a way that is both practical, visible, and stylistically appealing. If there's one really irritating thing about cryptocurrency addresses, its typing (or even pasting) them into tiny single-line entry fields, which invariably involves part of the address being concealed at one end or another - you never really know which is the start and which is the end -and a careless keypress or pasting mistake can lead to an erroneous entry.

One way around this (as seen above) is splitting the entry field into 5 rows of 19 characters so that the incoming address is automatically truncated (and centrally justified)... making it entirely visible, practical to manipulate and pleasing to the eye.

I love all your designs. It may take a while but with you on the Aeon team I am certain both the website and mobile wallet (when ready) will look great.
cryptodromeda

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 10:34:31 PM

I love all your designs. It may take a while but with you on the Aeon team I am certain both the website and mobile wallet (when ready) will look great.

Thankyou! Kind words.

I think it's definitely worth going the extra distance in pursuit of building something truly great.

aeoncurrency

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 04:00:44 PM

Have questions?

Aeon Ask Anything Tuesday was designed for you!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/49j2cy/aaat_2/
cryptodromeda

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:43:36 PM

In respect of the website, content is king.

It might be a good idea to start with the FAQ first. Once we have a strong FAQ, we then have enough core information to populate the rest of the site.

So...in order to get the strongest FAQ possible, we first need as many questions as possible.

I invite everyone to submit questions here so we can collectively build a big list. We need as many questions as possible. Even superficially stupid questions such as "Can Aeon help me make a sandwich?" are required.

Every time you post, copy and paste the previous list of questions to your own so the list gets bigger.

Here are some to get started:-

What is aeon?
What is a blockchain?
What is the aeon blockchain?
What is the bitcoin blockchain?
Where can I buy aeon?
What is the history of aeon?
What is the current state of aeon?
Who are the developers of aeon?
Who launched aeon?
What is the future of aeon?
What are the legal implications of aeon?
What is the difference between aeon and monero?
Is aeon abandoned?
Why was aeon abandoned?
Can aeon help me make a sandwich?
Will aeon make me rich?
Is aeon more like bitcoin or ethereum?
How do I mine aeon?
How can I help aeon?
Why is privacy important?
Is aeon just a currency?

etc

Dig deep. See it as an exercise in streams of conciousness. We can whittle down duplicates and variations later.

Right now, we just need the questions. Answers can also come later.

bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:23:08 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 01:53:28 AM by bangomatic

How can I store my AEON in a paper wallet?
Will AEON have a mobile wallet?
How does AEON Untraceable blockchain differ from a bitcoin blockchain?

What is aeon?
What is a blockchain?
Where can I buy aeon?
Who launched aeon?
Is aeon abandoned?
Why was aeon abandoned?
Will aeon make me rich?
How do I mine aeon?
How can I help aeon?
Is aeon just a currency?
XMRpromotions

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:33:11 PM

How can I store my AEON in a paper wallet?
Will AEON have a mobile wallet?
How does AEON Untraceable blockchain differ from a bitcoin blockchain?

What is aeon?
What is a blockchain?
Where can I buy aeon?
Who launched aeon?
Is aeon abandoned?
Why was aeon abandoned?
Will aeon make me rich?
How do I mine aeon?
How can I help aeon?
Is aeon just a currency?

Monero is working on adding more Q & A questions for stackexchange. If Aeon feels it is ready to do the same thing, great! If not, consider posting some questions like these to help Monero:

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/96062/monero

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 04:45:56 AM

Aeon may feel small and insignificant at times, but it is not.  To date, there has been no suitable replacement for the 'proof-of-work' mining method, and very few blockchains employ a clean POW history with no premine or ICO. 

I can count approximately under ten that matter: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Monero, and yes - Aeon.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 04:58:05 AM

Aeon may feel small and insignificant at times, but it is not.  To date, there has been no suitable replacement for the 'proof-of-work' mining method, and very few blockchains employ a clean POW history with no premine or ICO. 

I can count approximately under ten that matter: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Monero, and yes - Aeon.

I would only disagree in so far as given that we are down near a #100 ranking, there are many similar-value coins there neither you nor I probably know anything about. While we happen to know a lot about AEON, others probably don't, which puts all these smaller coins in a somewhat comparable group. So it is hard to judge which of those many coins may be also be clean PoW coins.

As far as coins in the top 20-30 that are more well known I would tend to agree.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: