Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:12:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190012 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
candymonkey

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:39:32 PM

The website redesign and mock up looks really nice!  Again, definitely don't mind that silly blurb going away - it was a couple of years ago and was just having fun.  If the path forward for Aeon is to be a global protocol, it shouldn't need a "slick pitch". 
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1428

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:16:17 AM

A Cup and handle formation is coming. I reckon some traders will start selling some Aeon soon to take some profit. Be careful, some people will start making FUD when that correction comes. Do not believe them. A correction is a natural occurrence in ascending markets.

whatever technical analysis, we are interested in the substance of aeon.

You are? But where were you before the pump? I did not see you anywhere.

Your account also appears to be behaving like a farmed account just by looking at the activity and no. of posts you have. I helped rizlarolla in finding farmed accounts in bitcointalk, so I know what a farmed account looks like. If you really are, please do not spam this thread. Thank you.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:53:24 AM

A Cup and handle formation is coming. I reckon some traders will start selling some Aeon soon to take some profit. Be careful, some people will start making FUD when that correction comes. Do not believe them. A correction is a natural occurrence in ascending markets.

whatever technical analysis, we are interested in the substance of aeon.

You are? But where were you before the pump? I did not see you anywhere.

Your account also appears to be behaving like a farmed account just by looking at the activity and no. of posts you have. I helped rizlarolla in finding farmed accounts in bitcointalk, so I know what a farmed account looks like. If you really are, please do not spam this thread. Thank you.

funny. something like a poem.
you can verify by my previous posts on 641696: was there long ago before the pump.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:29:34 AM

The correction is here just as we expected. The people questioning Aeon's price ascension will now follow. They will use the same strategy of comparing it with Monero and they will ask why there is a need for another anonymous coin like Aeon.

Those people do not know anything about Aeon and the roadmap laid by smooth. They are there only to spread fud.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
nutsnax

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:32:32 PM

I think the fact that the btrex is, essentially, a completely isolated market for AEON is causing major price distortions (in both directions) though I do think the overall pump is due to increased interest in the coin.

I don't think anyone can really even speculate on aeon pricing until the wallet opens back up on bittrex. But my gut is that aeon is worth more than $2 but less than $5 at this point.... It has value and is a viable coin.

potentially major short-lived arbitrage opportunity once the wallet opens back up though!

Edit: clarification... I think it's worth more than 2 but less than 5 at this point prior to any rebase... after that who knows.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:08:38 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 10:29:10 PM by sammy007

I agree with > $2 sentiment. But disagree with less than $5.
For example a useless shitcoin called Verge has 3x market cap than Aeon. Aeon offers real privacy and literate community of users and developers. Verge offers nothing but army of brain damaged people.

Bittrex wallet is online now.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:20:48 AM

For example a useless shitcoin called Verge has 3x market cap than Aeon. Aeon offers real privacy and literate community of users and developers. Verge offers nothing but army of brain damaged people.

And yet...Donald Trump is President and every half ass ICO makes bank.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:36:21 AM

@nutsnax. I was thinking the same but the bids and the asks in HitBTC are too low to make arbitrage rewarding. The volume has also gone down to its normal 2 - 3 bitcoins per 24h on a good day.

@jwinterm. Marketing and millions, something Aeon does not have. But that does not matter. Monero has shown us that good hard work still pays.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
nutsnax

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:20:37 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 04:10:27 PM by nutsnax

The less than $5 comment was with the bittrex wallet closed - it's open now so that adds another positive variable though I do think hitbtc wallet might be down for maintenance?

I think aeon's price, simply due to its mission and even its current ability to achieve that mission, is worth significantly more than $5

As to the Verge observation: I think Aeon is a real coin with very useful/practical goals. Verge looks like a coin that aims to provide a lot of the same things xmr/aeon etc does but it looks like it does it in a way that is very superficial.

I know nothing of Verge coin other than what I read in the last 5 minutes googling it though I understand its approach (I think).....

It sounds like Verge gives the user a false sense of security but Verge can "say" that it's "secure" because it uses a "secure" connection mechanism while not telling you that what is being written to the blockchain isn't even remotely secure.

It's like saying that the .380 ACP (Verge) is the same as the .357 sig (XMR/Aeon) because they shoot the same projectile... ask the US secret service if they agree with that assessment.

Also I would think the tor/vpn type approach would create a lot of unnecessary connection overhead.....
edit: Thought about it a bit more... wouldn't tor approach also be redundant if you're already under a VPN?

Anyway, at the end of the day it comes down to market education... and that can happen the easy way (discussion and debate) or the hard way (getting caught with your pants down).

Just my $0.02...
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:51:26 PM

The less than $5 comment was with the bittrex wallet closed - it's open now so that adds another positive variable though I do think hitbtc wallet might be down for maintenance?

Who cares? Hitbtc volume is ~0 BTC. It's mostly IOU scam exchange.

I think aeon's price, simply due to its mission and even its current ability to achieve that mission, is worth significantly more than $5

Yes.

As to the Verge observation: I think Aeon is a real coin with very useful/practical goals. Verge looks like a coin that aims to provide a lot of the same things xmr/aeon etc does but it looks like it does it in a way that is very superficial.

it's a bitcoin fork with bolt on tor. Blockchain is transparent. But there is an army of brain damaged people.

I know nothing of Verge coin other than what I read in the last 5 minutes googling it though I understand its approach (I think).....
It sounds like Verge gives the user a false sense of security but Verge can "say" that it's "secure" because it uses a "secure" connection mechanism while not telling you that what is being written to the blockchain isn't even remotely secure.

Right.

nutsnax

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:55:56 PM

Who cares? Hitbtc volume is ~0 BTC. It's mostly IOU scam exchange.

Yes.

it's a bitcoin fork with bolt on tor. Blockchain is transparent. But there is an army of brain damaged people.

Right.

I picked up on HitBTC smelling scammy with the broken English-sounding verbiage on the page and the site calling coins "Instruments;" however, it's one of the "parts" of the aeon ecosystem at this point so it needs to be factored IMO only because when someone in the market asks "what exchanges are aeon listed on?" it would invariably have to come up. That's my reasoning anyway...

So we have a functioning XMR-Lite with real exchange support since the wallet re-opened on btrex... maybe time for more ecosystem development?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that if aeon is to be XMR Lite then there should be more overlap in the XMR/Aeon usage and mining ecosystems? i.e. single wallet, single miner etc that can do both?
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:54:38 PM

Eventually mining software will catch up and there will be an option to specify algo. It's miner devs' prerogative.
Exchanges where Monero is listed will also list AEON because RPC is compatible. I expect poloniex to re-enable trading very soon, maybe Binance and Bithumb also will look into it. Unlike other useless cryptonote forks AEON and Monero both share big confidence and very respected.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:42:42 AM

@sammy007. I reckon Bithumb will not list a coin that has as low a market cap value as Aeon. All the cryptocoins listed there are among the top 20 and have the highest volumes across all the markets compared.

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/bithumb/

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
stoffu

Activity: 203
Merit: 166

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 03:00:44 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that if aeon is to be XMR Lite then there should be more overlap in the XMR/Aeon usage and mining ecosystems? i.e. single wallet, single miner etc that can do both?

Quite a lot of mining software already support AEON, since modifications to the original CryptoNight algorithm are trivial (i.e. the memory buffer size and the loop iteration count). Here are some examples:

Mynero

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:56:37 PM

Is there currently a problem with HitBTC withdrawals? There is some talk on Reddit about withdrawals not coming through. No announcements on HitBTC and the wallet should be working.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:57:40 PM

Before the update, I never had any problems with them. I am sure the delays have something to do with the new version. Maybe they are using mixin 0 when sending the coins, they should be using mixin 2 as recommended by smooth.

Try sending a message to their support to inform them to use mixin 2.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Jose Mourinho

Activity: 533
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:49:06 AM

I hope Aeon in 2018 can get better, I'm patient to sell on hitbtc because I'm sure the price will continue to rises. Let's go investor, pump Aeon please.

:

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
texasman86

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:26:45 AM

I confess that I had to dump my AEON... I don't see why this will take off in front of all the cryptos that are identical, plus it seems like the devs are not moving very quickly...
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:49:57 AM

I confess that I had to dump my AEON... I don't see why this will take off in front of all the cryptos that are identical, plus it seems like the devs are not moving very quickly...

Okay you sold your 4 AEON, why you think we are interested in this information? Go buy a nice pair of sneakers on weekend and be happy.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:35:02 PM

If you sold not long before you posted for 50k satoshies you did not do that bad. If you sold yesterday I am sorry for your loss, since you seems to sold at bottom. Tongue

Price started to grow again. Same thing  happened 1-2 days before fix was announced last week.   Rebase on the testnet was announced till end of this week so not much hours left.   
Was this latest buys, part of believing it will happen on schedule or part of leaking information's that rebase will be on testnet now really soon or just an late buy on last weeks news of positive development on AEON? Could add a 4th option. Whales playing.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: