Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:49:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why you mostly like bitcoin compare to other digital currency?  (Read 13766 times)
andycarrol

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:43:19 PM

because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and has many benefits and convenience.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 07:31:13 PM

i heard many Cryptocurrency but why people mostly use bitcoin?

If you accept bitcoin then you have only 21 million bitcoin, then if you add litecoin too then you have another 84 million LTC, then if you accept another cryptocurrency then you have another xxx million of coins. All these extra coins are inflation in cryptocurrency world, and since you don't want inflation, you will only focus on one most popular coin with limited total supply, that's bitcoin

I also tried mining Litecoin, got scammed by pools, so the other cryptocurrencies are highly risky and immature

you should have mined on multipool, not unknown random pool, what was the pool that scammed you btw?

you example however it's a bit flawed, since other coins are not worth what bitcoin is worth, and therefore 84M litecoin ar enot equal to "84M new bitcoin" but only on a fraction of that 1/100 in this case, or near that

other coins have even lower value, so it's not like adding all those coins at the end...

The effect of inflation is added money supply, e.g. same amount of capital investment must go to different coins, thus each coin ends up worth less. And just because of this, people would not throw their investment on multiple coins

yeah but in the end if those coins were to be added now, it would mean like having a bitcoin with less than 25M coins or around that(i didn't do the correct math here), still the bitcoin that we all know, not much of an inflation increase there
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 07:37:36 PM

because bitcoin is like pioneer to other currency, so bitcoin is more famous than other coins,

and when the coin gain more fame more people are using it and nowadays bitcoin rate has been using to rate other coins

If any of you think the Internet might go away, then Bitcoin might go away but its range incomparable with other money,and It will emphasizing the digital currency’s independence from centralized powers. Of course, as the owner of an exchange for the currency.Bitcoin is a database processing technology that only needs computers to run its software and to communicate with each other to keep it alive. As long as there are Internet connections and a desire to use Bitcoin, it will be around
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 08:04:13 PM

The reason is because bitcoin has been in existence over a long period of time and thus gained enough popularity among the people who trade using digital coins. There is also a higher probability that the bitcoins will grow more and more to a point where they will be accepted across the world as an official digital a currency. With that, it mean we will have increased demand and thus people are just having them for speculative reasons. The coins are also secure and more reliable than any other.
jethrorn99

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:36:44 AM

I like it because bitcoin is priced much higher than another digital currency.

Other digital currency only maxed out in $6,2 , while bitcoin is priced $432 right now (when i type this post)

So, bitcoin could help me in my daily life, because in my country bitcoin priced really high. 1 Bitcoin is almost half of the capita of people working here.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:08:48 PM

because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and has many benefits and convenience.
Bitcoin is the legend and the first one to get evolved under blockchain so it have higher popularity and value than others. To get fame and to get accepted in multiple store is quite hard for alts so i love bitcoin and most of us love and use bitcoin.

bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:23:43 PM

Bitcoin's market cap is way bigger then all other crypto currency's combined.

This means bitcoin is the real thing, not a rip-off like most other currency's. I am aware that most alt developers have good intentions though.
marketingcoin

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:30:04 PM

Bitcoin is continuing its journey towards full recognition as digital currency globally.Bitcoin offers me decentralization,freedom and its reliable when it come to make a comparison between it and other digital currencies.Bitcoinhas bright future whereas crypto currencies
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:08:55 PM

its got a great backing. therefore least likely to die Smiley

To peel or not to peel.
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:12:15 PM

bitcoin is very safe and reliable and Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and will not scam like other Cryptocurrency or altcoins.
why don't you pick another cryptocurrency, there are some coins to be as safe as bitcoin, like doge, etherum, litecoin, etc
they also have a sizeable adoption

because I think not many people accept the doge, etherum or litecoin and the user is not too much. so I prefer bitcoin only. Another cryptocurrency I only play on the trade.

ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:53:13 AM

The reason is simple Bitcoin has more adoption and is more trusted than any other crypto/digital currency available in the market.Bitcoin was first digital currency after the evolution of internet in 21 st century and it will always be an edge for it.In future we will have many digital currencies to choose from but till then Bitcoin is the single choice.
Well you're right, bitcoin has more adoption than other crypto
do you think there any other crypto competitors, which have greater technology compared bitcoin? and will replace bitcoin?

Off course there are, and more will come more. Its not like Bitcoin is the end of every possible innovation and development in crypto coin world.
yes I think so, there will always be competitors who come, are you sure btcoin can survive?
maybe now a competitor of bitcoin is eth, but bitcoin is still strong and enduring
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:23:34 AM

Established, relatively widely accepted compared to many other cryptocurrencies.

I tend not to explore other currencies, nor pay attention to dev activities.

Imoote

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:34:40 AM

I think maybe because bitcoin is crypto which was first created.
Besides bitcoin is very easy and fast to make money.
Maybe it struck me how many people are using bitcoin
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:36:41 AM

nothing. only positive is, that is widely known and lot of smart people are in development team.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 11:34:21 AM

bitcoin is very safe and reliable and Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and will not scam like other Cryptocurrency or altcoins.
why don't you pick another cryptocurrency, there are some coins to be as safe as bitcoin, like doge, etherum, litecoin, etc
they also have a sizeable adoption

because I think not many people accept the doge, etherum or litecoin and the user is not too much. so I prefer bitcoin only. Another cryptocurrency I only play on the trade.
yes maybe it is also one of the causes, altcoin less popular than the bitcoin, so still few who accept altcoin
actually many altcoin whose function is not only to trade, such as hyper and DGB made for games
dk8218

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:22:13 PM

Because of market place, userbase, value, need in market, and network etc etc..
After at all btc is btc no one can beat btc
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 11:34:44 PM

Because of market place, userbase, value, need in market, and network etc etc..
After at all btc is btc no one can beat btc
right after the bitcoin spread throughout the world, and bitcoin already known to many people, I believe this will accelerate the adoption and may accelerate bitcoin to be the best currency in the world
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 08:20:23 AM

I think maybe because bitcoin is crypto which was first created.
Besides bitcoin is very easy and fast to make money.
Maybe it struck me how many people are using bitcoin
true, bitcoin lucky because the first time crypto was made, so bitcoin first spread and is more popular than the other coins
yoona

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Live by your own rules

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 02:11:11 PM

many reasons why people prefer cryptocurrency bitcoin than others, some of which is due:
- bitcoin price is more expensive
- Bitcoin stable and undecentralized
- Confirmation of bitcoin faster
- bitcoin early discovered
RyanX

Activity: 140

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 03:30:29 PM

its got a great backing. therefore least likely to die Smiley

Most other altcoin is just a pump and dump. The developers premine or ICO it, then it goes to exchange, the price is high initially, then the developers and insiders dump it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: