Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:46:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do with your idle coins?  (Read 30459 times)
benmartin613

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:00:06 AM

There is only 1 thing to do.
Store them safely on a trezor or another offline device. This way you won't get 'robbed'
That is the best option indeed if you have lots of coins or a atleast in two figures.If you have only one or two coins like me,then go for paper wallet as trezor would be expensive

Trezor is really a great way to keep your bitcoins from unwanted withdrawals that might happen in an internet based wallet,my idle coins just sits on my wallet gaining value over time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 12:20:49 PM

I don't have a huge amount of idle coins at a  moment as I keep on spending it on regular basis, but I have saved few coins for the halving so will sell when the price goes higher.

With the same expectations on peak price at the time of halving, every user has kept few coins idle in their wallet. I believe these idle coins won't make a big impact on the price variation at times.
I think if you have a small amount in your wallet and unemployed better to grow it. if you're just waiting for halving come. it will not provide more benefits to you. because you only have a small amount

Mind sharing to us some of the ways to grow our holdings? Of course, aside from signature campaigns and not gambling.

Store them safely on a trezor or another offline device. This way you won't get 'robbed'
That is the best option indeed if you have lots of coins or a atleast in two figures.If you have only one or two coins like me,then go for paper wallet as trezor would be expensive

Trezor is really a great way to keep your bitcoins from unwanted withdrawals that might happen in an internet based wallet,my idle coins just sits on my wallet gaining value over time.

IMO you'd only need Trezor if you're holding like in the hundreds. Laminated paper wallets should serve the purpose otherwise.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 12:39:30 PM

IMO you'd only need Trezor if you're holding like in the hundreds. Laminated paper wallets should serve the purpose otherwise.

i agree, i believe that buying trezor is for those who have thousands of dollars invested in bitcoin and want something cool to put their coins inside and it is a waste of money for the rest of us

Buying the dip...
greghansel89

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 12:55:25 PM

i agree, i believe that buying trezor is for those who have thousands of dollars invested in bitcoin and want something cool to put their coins inside and it is a waste of money for the rest of us

It wouldnt be a waste of money if you really want to secure your bitcoin from others who are hacking bitcoins of other people.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:29:09 PM

I don't have a huge amount of idle coins at a  moment as I keep on spending it on regular basis, but I have saved few coins for the halving so will sell when the price goes higher.
bitcoin idle no matter how small you save it will still be beneficial and profitable if you can use it well and correctly.
I've only had 0.005 BTC on the wallet and when it is idle. I was confused to do anything? so I used to play minesweeper. very lucky that I could pull it be 0.05 BTC
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:20:36 PM

I have some coins idling around in my wallet but I cannot bear to put it in hyip or risk it. But it is a waste to let it idle around. Yes. I have coins in some "lower risk" hyips to generate some interest which I'm prepared to write off. I also have some coins converted to hashing power in hashnest and BW.com but it has to be monitored else you will suffer a loss instead.  Grin

Unlike fiat currencies, I cannot park these coins into banks backed by governmental institutions. I put my fiat currencies in banks or blue chips but I cannot do it with cryptos.

So, what do you do with your idle coins? Let it sit around?
i have no idle coins,ussually i buy some coins to close the trade,and sell all idle coins,its a fault to buy coins that never have price raises,but i think everybody ever do this mistake.
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:20:33 PM

I have some coins idling around in my wallet but I cannot bear to put it in hyip or risk it. But it is a waste to let it idle around. Yes. I have coins in some "lower risk" hyips to generate some interest which I'm prepared to write off. I also have some coins converted to hashing power in hashnest and BW.com but it has to be monitored else you will suffer a loss instead.  Grin

Unlike fiat currencies, I cannot park these coins into banks backed by governmental institutions. I put my fiat currencies in banks or blue chips but I cannot do it with cryptos.

So, what do you do with your idle coins? Let it sit around?
i have no idle coins,ussually i buy some coins to close the trade,and sell all idle coins,its a fault to buy coins that never have price raises,but i think everybody ever do this mistake.

If you are comfortable with the current price then you should sell it, or else wait for next co.uple of months to earn additional profits
elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:40:36 PM

Do some longer-than-daily trading with them.

If you think price won't fall, then keep idling. Otherwise sell and wait until the fall, or until you see you were wrong
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:50:53 PM

If you think price won't fall, then keep idling. Otherwise sell and wait until the fall, or until you see you were wrong
i think that it is actually a really good idea to do some trading from time to time with your coins though if you do anything with it then it is actually not idle coins at all then in my opinion

i dont do anything with my bitcoins to be honest and i expect to make a lot of money out of bitcoins right now, i hope that i will be a rich person out of my investment into idle bitcoins

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:55:29 PM

i think that it is actually a really good idea to do some trading from time to time with your coins though if you do anything with it then it is actually not idle coins at all then in my opinion

i dont do anything with my bitcoins to be honest and i expect to make a lot of money out of bitcoins right now, i hope that i will be a rich person out of my investment into idle bitcoins

Holding is the easiest way to make profits without doing anything, if you go for trading then you can also loose your coins if your decision goes the other way, so always be careful while trading.
BitcoinMalaysia

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 11:02:28 PM

I save all my idle coins and let them grow safely in real-world investment porfolios (that are denominated in BTC).

This is not high-yield investment programmes (HYIPs), as I think those are too risky.

Invest globally with bitcoin. Wealthfront for bitcoin.
http://themerkle.com/bitcoin-investment-startup-keza-unveils-ios-beta-app/
https://www.producthunt.com/tech/keza
http://getkeza.com/ (It's free to apply for a Keza account)
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:27:28 PM

Just wating for smth, don't really want to spand and don't know when to sell. Maybe i will sell it after halving but i don't really belive that price will reach a big point this time.
I think if you do not have any other plans to grow your idle bitcoin. then the last selection is hold it in his wallet and wait for prices to rise. but it would be better if you grow it dude

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:49:32 PM

Just wating for smth, don't really want to spand and don't know when to sell. Maybe i will sell it after halving but i don't really belive that price will reach a big point this time.
I think if you do not have any other plans to grow your idle bitcoin. then the last selection is hold it in his wallet and wait for prices to rise. but it would be better if you grow it dude

Yeah try to trade if you are good with it, as keeping only idle will not that profitable, as we are not sure when the price will go higher, but if you want to play safe then just hold it.
Metadextrous

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:08:09 AM

Yeah try to trade if you are good with it, as keeping only idle will not that profitable, as we are not sure when the price will go higher, but if you want to play safe then just hold it.
trading it is better than hodling it in our wallet imo. It could rake more profit, but also has risk of loss. Still i would chose to use it for trading than to hodling it.

Or spent it so bitcoin market could grow.
Yesterdam

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:28:58 PM

trading it is better than hodling it in our wallet imo. It could rake more profit, but also has risk of loss. Still i would chose to use it for trading than to hodling it.

Or spent it so bitcoin market could grow.

It depends on the reputation of the exchange. If the exchange is bad like cryptsy or mt gox, you will lose.
lipshack15

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:31:02 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2016, 02:07:36 PM by lipshack15

Just waiting to increase the price of bitcoin so i can cashout while waiting i do tradings ia best way too to earn lot of bitcoins  personally just like to spend them. It isnt a good idea to hold coins for too long. The price just doesn't growm it drops, and grows i think when halving is coming, the price of bitcoin will increase but not so high and wait until you ready for cashout Smiley
biggbox (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 03:04:48 PM

I save all my idle coins and let them grow safely in real-world investment porfolios (that are denominated in BTC).

This is not high-yield investment programmes (HYIPs), as I think those are too risky.

Invest globally with bitcoin. Wealthfront for bitcoin.
http://themerkle.com/bitcoin-investment-startup-keza-unveils-ios-beta-app/
https://www.producthunt.com/tech/keza
http://getkeza.com/ (It's free to apply for a Keza account)

Keza? Who are the fund managers and the directors? Are they legit? Will they close shop abruptly?

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:18:32 PM

Just waiting to increase the price of bitcoin so i can cashout while waiting i do tradings ia best way too to earn lot of bitcoins
You have to be careful when trading especially when there's going to be a huge rise, you don't want to be stuck in dollars. Tongue
relq

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:28:15 PM

I think when halving is coming, the price of bitcoin will increase but not so high. Maybe around 1-5% or more. So it's time to hold your idle coins, like me too.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:29:51 PM

I think when halving is coming, the price of bitcoin will increase but not so high. Maybe around 1-5% or more. So it's time to hold your idle coins, like me too.

I think price will be much higher then your are expecting, I believe that price will be almost double at the time of halving so selling at that time would be a better option.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: