Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:13:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Find Trendon Shavers in person thread... [BTCST, BTS&T, pirateat40]  (Read 81229 times)
zaj

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 06:08:35 PM

why doesn't someone start calling his father again for details?  talk about the coke girl etc. if he loves his son he might try to stop him becoming an even bigger junkie.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 04:10:56 PM

So pirate was also a cocaine addict?

This is just getter better and better!

(I still can't believe I sent any Bitcoins to that guy though...)

nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 06:05:51 PM

People in here should calm down with dox'ing people. Im all with you if the person involved did actually scammed you, but you could do it more private, lets say in a private section of this forum, and the mods giving access there to some members after providing some proof, or some other way. I dont say that to protect any scammer, but it could possibly end sadly for the victim(s), according to laws.

Please, dont take this, what i typed, wrong
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 08:30:25 PM

People in here should calm down with dox'ing people. Im all with you if the person involved did actually scammed you, but you could do it more private, lets say in a private section of this forum, and the mods giving access there to some members after providing some proof, or some other way. I dont say that to protect any scammer, but it could possibly end sadly for the victim(s), according to laws.

You mad cause you couldn't keep the BTC someone wrongly sent you?
You were not innocent, you twat.
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 08:44:26 PM

You mad cause you couldn't keep the BTC someone wrongly sent you?
You were not innocent, you twat.

If you say so. Please re-read threads. This is offtopic, and what i say here has nothing to do with that incident, it was completely different
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 08:47:29 PM

FFS.  pirate was doxxed long before his ponzi collapsed precisely because the identity of someone to whom the community is entrusting hundreds of thousands of dollars (millions, if you believe the upper estimates) should be publicly known.  

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
danieldaniel

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 08:37:22 PM

FFS.  pirate was doxxed long before his ponzi collapsed precisely because the identity of someone to whom the community is entrusting hundreds of thousands of dollars (millions, if you believe the upper estimates) should be publicly known.  
This.  Everyone knew his identity anyways, but I do agree that it SHOULD be in a place that only involved forum members should access.  It's not great for random people on the Internet to google "pirateat40" and get all his info.

I'm not trying to "protect the scammers," but I feel that we shouldn't post his information completely publicly.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 09:08:47 PM

I'm not trying to "protect the scammers," but I feel that we shouldn't post his information completely publicly.

Why not? I believe his future potential victims should know what he's capable of.

Signature space available for rent.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2012, 10:58:00 PM

This.  Everyone knew his identity anyways, but I do agree that it SHOULD be in a place that only involved forum members should access.  It's not great for random people on the Internet to google "pirateat40" and get all his info.

I think you meant random people Googling his real name, for pirateat40 was only a moniker he used for the Bitcoin community.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 12:05:54 AM

Why not? I believe his future potential victims should know what he's capable of.

I second that. Plus... those potential people maybe now him more near and its news for them. So they can help to solve this case.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
repentance

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 12:12:11 AM

Of course his information should be public.  The identity of anyone who wants the community to entrust them with thousands of BTC should be public whether they're running an exchange, a HYIP, an online wallet service or some other kind of Bitcoin business.  That Trendon Shavers is a scammer is more reason to make that information as widely known as possible in this community and beyond.

We got most of his info from Google, so your point about random Googling of his name is pretty weak.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 02:21:51 AM

If I had my way, I would hire people just to stand around his home and give out flyers/post wanted posters all over the place informing the community of his evil deeds.
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 03:41:38 AM

If I had my way, I would hire people just to stand around his home and give out flyers/post wanted posters all over the place informing the community of his evil deeds.

He could probably just pay the people to go away.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 11:47:25 AM

FFS.  pirate was doxxed long before his ponzi collapsed precisely because the identity of someone to whom the community is entrusting hundreds of thousands of dollars (millions, if you believe the upper estimates) should be publicly known. 

He could probably just pay the people to go away.
Instead of giving posters, if it is pasted at places where many people gather, it will provide much better results.
danieldaniel

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 01:18:49 PM

Of course his information should be public.  The identity of anyone who wants the community to entrust them with thousands of BTC should be public whether they're running an exchange, a HYIP, an online wallet service or some other kind of Bitcoin business.  That Trendon Shavers is a scammer is more reason to make that information as widely known as possible in this community and beyond.

We got most of his info from Google, so your point about random Googling of his name is pretty weak.

I should research more before posting, then.  I assumed that he gave you all the info you have, but I guess I was wrong.

Nevermind XD.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 03:30:23 AM

I just received information that pirate did express an fondness for palladium at the PPT meeting in Las Vegas.  So the info from the skype chat about the hooker and the blow was true or one of the other Vegas participants was trolling me.

stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 04:49:00 AM

I just received information that pirate did express an fondness for palladium at the PPT meeting in Las Vegas.  So the info from the skype chat about the hooker and the blow was true or one of the other Vegas participants was trolling me.

I wonder if the 'hooker' will ever contact you again with more information since you call her a hooker on these forums and you posted the entire conversation.  It is highly likely Shavers monitors these posts and if this girl is legit, knows exactly who you talked to.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
repentance

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 04:54:29 AM

You can't assume that one piece of information being accurate means that the rest is.  Even knowing for a fact that pirate spent user funds on hookers and blow wouldn't bring anyone any closer to getting their funds back.  The location of safe deposit boxes, however, is information which can be used for a search warrant if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they hold the proceeds of illegal activity.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 09:37:20 AM

We do have proof that Trendon shavers has very actively monitored and I believe continues to moniter these threads.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 04:03:33 PM

We do have proof that Trendon shavers has very actively monitored and I believe continues to moniter these threads.

Well, obiously. He knows people are murdered for owing 100x smaller sums so he would probably want to know what his creditors' next move will be to prepare himself better. Who knows, maybe he already left the country?

Signature space available for rent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: