Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:14:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Find Trendon Shavers in person thread... [BTCST, BTS&T, pirateat40]  (Read 81229 times)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:03:04 AM

Wow, i cant believe how many people here support this scammer. He shouldnt go to jail because he could do some good things with the stolen money, he was so smart that we now learned something and so on. What a bullshit! Im not sure if some of these guardians really have some mind-damage so that they now create a new sight of the whole thing for themselves to not having to feel so stupid anymore. It looks something like that to me.
This scammer should go to jail. If money can be found it should be given back. But congrat him for his art? Really twisted minds have to come up with this idea...
Sorry, but i dont get it...
It's a wonderful art, similar to virus infection and execution. It progresses rapidly, as do the AV coders and those susceptible to infection. Jailing the virus writers/distributors would be ineffective - and really, when a clever new way to distribute a virus is found, I'm not thinking "gosh, we better take this guy's computer privileges away," I'm thinking "wow, that's really clever. How else could this be applied?" It inspires new ideas to protect against malware experts as much as it inspires more malware writers to think outside the box. From this chaotic back-and-forth, we're able to apply new ways of thinking to other areas of our lives, and ultimately are all better for it.

We can't grow in knowledge without chaos ("inspiration from necessity"). The back-and-forth between lenders/depositors and scammers will do nothing but inspire (and re-distribute cash - but after essentials, what's cash other than a scoreboard?). If you're really so intent on enforcing your version of "should," don't take chances with government. Go kidnap Pirate and lock him in your basement for a few years. Only then will the Justice Fairy reward you with 40 virgins.

After this I'm sure you are one of a kind.

The reasoning again is completely logical. One from the outside might see it this way. But  from a victims point of view ( which you are) it is ..is... no words Smiley
Eris be praised! Come, farfiman. Join us on the side of chaotic neutral, and feel the loving embrace of the nothingness we tirelessly dispute in the MNW Memorial Kabal! Only when we are convinced there is no eschaton can we immanentize it! It is the natural progression from nihilism and rationality, and surely you have never felt more pleasure than you would donning a horse-head while pretending to be a turkey!

GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:10:14 AM

[

Eris be praised! Come, farfiman. Join us on the side of chaotic neutral, and feel the loving embrace of the nothingness we tirelessly dispute in the MNW Memorial Kabal! Only when we are convinced there is no eschaton can we immanentize it! It is the natural progression from nihilism and rationality, and surely you have never felt more pleasure than you would donning a horse-head while pretending to be a turkey!

GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE!!!

Hehe  I had to look up some of those big words.  Smiley

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:19:59 AM

Kluge philosophical talking and rationalization of crimes is beginning to sound like Dank...

Signature space available for rent.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:28:01 AM

Kluge philosophical talking and rationalization of crimes is beginning to sound like Dank...
Sad Dank wasn't clever. Oh, well... I guess we all have to stop ego-tripping some time. I'll go back to mopping, now....
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 07:33:00 PM

Wow, i cant believe how many people here support this scammer. He shouldnt go to jail because he could do some good things with the stolen money, he was so smart that we now learned something and so on. What a bullshit! Im not sure if some of these guardians really have some mind-damage so that they now create a new sight of the whole thing for themselves to not having to feel so stupid anymore. It looks something like that to me.
This scammer should go to jail. If money can be found it should be given back. But congrat him for his art? Really twisted minds have to come up with this idea...
Sorry, but i dont get it...
It's a wonderful art, similar to virus infection and execution. It progresses rapidly, as do the AV coders and those susceptible to infection. Jailing the virus writers/distributors would be ineffective - and really, when a clever new way to distribute a virus is found, I'm not thinking "gosh, we better take this guy's computer privileges away," I'm thinking "wow, that's really clever. How else could this be applied?" It inspires new ideas to protect against malware experts as much as it inspires more malware writers to think outside the box. From this chaotic back-and-forth, we're able to apply new ways of thinking to other areas of our lives, and ultimately are all better for it.

We can't grow in knowledge without chaos ("inspiration from necessity"). The back-and-forth between lenders/depositors and scammers will do nothing but inspire (and re-distribute cash - but after essentials, what's cash other than a scoreboard?). If you're really so intent on enforcing your version of "should," don't take chances with government. Go kidnap Pirate and lock him in your basement for a few years. Only then will the Justice Fairy reward you with 40 virgins.

So youre a worshipper of chaos... ok... i cant say that i dont sympathize with it because i think chaos only is something more complete yet harder to understand. Thats one thing... but letting scammers go away only because it was this way all the time sounds strange. He did something wrong and should be rewarded with the proper punishment. I dont see why the police and justice shouldnt work here. I mean if he stole gold, art or some chips im sure every policemen would hunt him down. One should claim he stole "Bitcoins in a worth of x millions". Thats something the police can understand. And they should work on it. Even government agencies in the us are beginning to regulate bitcoins which means they legitimate it. So thinking that it doesnt matter is a strange thinking.
And... what did he do that wasnt there before? That was a classic scam, happened often before. So i dont see any honor that should be given to him only because he managed to adapt the ideas others had before him. I mean would you applaud someone who kills someone with a new super laser weapon only because he did it with a new weapon? Its still a very old crime. Nothing new really.
I would pay private investigators and so on if i had lost something. But i didnt. So i see no reason to play the police for guys that otherwise dont seem to want their money back. Simply as that. I dont think that i would have invested so much that i would turn illegal ways at all. But i believe there are plenty of legal ways to force someone or make his life hard.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:48:46 PM

So youre a worshipper of chaos... ok... i cant say that i dont sympathize with it because i think chaos only is something more complete yet harder to understand. Thats one thing... but letting scammers go away only because it was this way all the time sounds strange. He did something wrong and should be rewarded with the proper punishment. I dont see why the police and justice shouldnt work here. I mean if he stole gold, art or some chips im sure every policemen would hunt him down. One should claim he stole "Bitcoins in a worth of x millions". Thats something the police can understand. And they should work on it. Even government agencies in the us are beginning to regulate bitcoins which means they legitimate it. So thinking that it doesnt matter is a strange thinking.
And... what did he do that wasnt there before? That was a classic scam, happened often before. So i dont see any honor that should be given to him only because he managed to adapt the ideas others had before him. I mean would you applaud someone who kills someone with a new super laser weapon only because he did it with a new weapon? Its still a very old crime. Nothing new really.
I think it's somewhat funny that he argues that rapists should be shot in the face, while it's ok to let Trendon off the hook. Maybe rapist victims could learn something too from what happened to them and it's great that the rapist taught them? (Note: I'm joking).

I would pay private investigators and so on if i had lost something. But i didnt. So i see no reason to play the police for guys that otherwise dont seem to want their money back. Simply as that. I dont think that i would have invested so much that i would turn illegal ways at all. But i believe there are plenty of legal ways to force someone or make his life hard.
Trendon's personal informations are well known. It's just that nobody took him to court it seems. If you're on the other side of the globe and invested a smaller amount you need to be somewhat realistic. Even if you'd win and he pays you back everything, your expenses would still not be covered. Also, if you invested via a PPT and its operator simply ignores everybody (hello payb.tc) your chances are even worse.
Having said that, a lot of the investors would happily share a percentage of any retrieved funds with someone who would take him to court.

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 11:30:33 PM

I think it's somewhat funny that he argues that rapists should be shot in the face, while it's ok to let Trendon off the hook. Maybe rapist victims could learn something too from what happened to them and it's great that the rapist taught them? (Note: I'm joking).

If he said this then it reminds me of the persons that try to find an order in everything that happens and come out with karma. Its karma when someone was raped or a child is killed. The child has to be a bad person in its past life. I say thats bullshit because such a child even doesnt have a memory of such deeds. In fact another person would have to suffer for the deeds of another one. But thats the fear of people that want to see an order in the chaos that is the life.

Trendon's personal informations are well known. It's just that nobody took him to court it seems. If you're on the other side of the globe and invested a smaller amount you need to be somewhat realistic. Even if you'd win and he pays you back everything, your expenses would still not be covered. Also, if you invested via a PPT and its operator simply ignores everybody (hello payb.tc) your chances are even worse.
Having said that, a lot of the investors would happily share a percentage of any retrieved funds with someone who would take him to court.

Yes, there are certain problems. Too less money lost, invested with PPTs or dont want to let the government know that one had so much money. But i still think there are a number of big investors that should do something. I mean even when you lost 10BTC its $2000 nearly now. And im sure there are people that lost way more. You could hire persons on the other side of world, you could speak with them with videochat and so on so that you are nearly there. I think i would try to check out his passwords and so on. If you have the right private investigator he maybe has nice equipment. For example software that only from the sound of the keys of a keyboard can determine the keys that are clicked and so on. Maybe not fully legal but important if a trail to the bitcoins will be found. Then find informations you can use against him and so on. Im sure one could put pressure on him or make his life hell.
Youre right that the chances to get much back is low. But if the new investment isnt way more than the loss before it would be worth a try for me. And if its only to know that the person got punishment that robbed you.
But whatever... im not involved... only wondering... Smiley

00null

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:54:11 PM

I guess you got the main point, if payb.tc wouldn't shield pirate from his lenders, I am pretty sure someone would have already taken him to court.
Since payb.tc (real name Ian Grice, all information here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83904.msg1582668#msg1582668) ignores every request to help, I am sure he made a fortune from scamming his lenders.
Ian changes his forum nick every few weeks, for the current version look here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=25846.
Maybe someone should organize anything to take Ian Grice to court.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:16:57 AM

Look at this- it's a local ABC station in Australia going after the guys behind Cryptoexchange.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3732468.htm

Why not get Trendon Shavers local TV station to do an investigative reporting piece on him?!?!?!

more or less retired.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:54:53 AM

Look at this- it's a local ABC station in Australia going after the guys behind Cryptoexchange.

Why not get Trendon Shavers local TV station to do an investigative reporting piece on him?!?!?!

I like how she says "old fashioned dollars"  Smiley

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 09:24:54 AM

Ken said all will be fine in 90 days sometime last year. Bitcoinica funds are in the hands of Mt. Gox, not being touched.  Roll Eyes And InstaWallet will return all the funds to their customers, that's why they're not commenting anymore on this forum--just coming here to lurk, then poof!, they're gone.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 09:53:54 AM

Nice vid... they didnt put in much afford but found something out. Im glad i got my money out (even though with a small loss) some weeks before they closed down. The exchangers like aurumxchange and others didnt want to work with them because they didnt pay so that i couldnt pay out the money. I had to exchange back to bitcoins but these couldnt be paid out either... I got them later with a thread in scam accusations. I hope that at least some got their money out because of that warning.

BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:29:01 PM

I guess you got the main point, if payb.tc wouldn't shield pirate from his lenders, I am pretty sure someone would have already taken him to court.
Since payb.tc (real name Ian Grice, all information here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83904.msg1582668#msg1582668) ignores every request to help, I am sure he made a fortune from scamming his lenders.
Ian changes his forum nick every few weeks, for the current version look here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=25846.

I don't know if you guys realize this, but most of the passthru operators are broke as f***. They were the diehards that got in deep with Trendon and lost the most. The idea that they were "in on the scam" is total BS
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:08:20 PM

Now that you've found him in person you should change the thread title to the next step in the process.
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:29:17 PM

I don't know if you guys realize this, but most of the passthru operators are broke as f***. They were the diehards that got in deep with Trendon and lost the most. The idea that they were "in on the scam" is total BS
Ian would not even confirm how much he has in BST in total in the name of his investors. He doesn't reply to a PM asking for confirmation of your personal account at BMax. He also pointed out that he broke traceability. There is no way to confirm that the sum of coins sent to him equals the sum he has in BST. If you believe in honesty, then yes, maybe the PPT ops are broke. If you don't (and nothing around this whole fiasco made me think otherwise), this would have been a great way to siphon off coins.

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:33:53 PM

LOVE that video.  Not sure if it is going to do any good.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 06:27:53 PM

Now that you've found him in person you should change the thread title to the next step in the process.

Any suggestion? I opened the thread on request.

00null

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:08:34 AM

Ian would not even confirm how much he has in BST in total in the name of his investors. He doesn't reply to a PM asking for confirmation of your personal account at BMax. He also pointed out that he broke traceability. There is no way to confirm that the sum of coins sent to him equals the sum he has in BST. If you believe in honesty, then yes, maybe the PPT ops are broke. If you don't (and nothing around this whole fiasco made me think otherwise), this would have been a great way to siphon off coins.
Either way, because of Ians current behavior he is still the biggest supporter of pirate. Judging by his behavior Ian is not broke otherwise he would support those that try to go after pirate. I am sure he kept a few 1000 BTC of lender coins and is afraid that this fact could be revealed once he helps his victims. One can only wonder why the mods tolerate this.

ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:32:11 PM

One can only wonder why the mods tolerate this.
Suspicion does not a case make.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
btcash

Activity: 968
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:10:25 AM

Any suggestion? I opened the thread on request.
So he still lives in McKinney? Why don't we pay some to "visit" him and remind him of his debt?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: