Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 10:16:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitHIRE (HIRE) | Freelance Market | Microtipping | Adverts | Featured Gigs  (Read 45979 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
busyviable

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:48:12 PM

Been reading up on crytocurrency based freelance job marketplaces recently and gotta say that I am in, hell why not!  Cheesy
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:52:01 PM

Love the idea of freelance market but crowfund = somewhat ICO. So I hope there would be another way to distribute it
Preen (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:57:11 PM

I'm gonna give this a shot. How much do we get paid after the fees come into place?

Appreciated! The fee's we're planning to take would be 5%. However we'll be looking at implementing ways of reducing that for freelancers with high activity, so the more popular your services are, the less fees!

Gotcha. Another question I have is, what would be the size of jobs that we could offer? For example if I wanted to offer some larger project that might take a while, and cost quite a bit more than the usual day job. And for these type of jobs I usually like to take a deposit. How would you deal with that?

Ok, I should just explain how the escrow system works:

Freelancer accepts a job which is paid for up-front.
The money is then held until delivery of work AND there are no pending issues.
The freelancer has responsibility in ensuring the work delivered is as described in their advert.

Disputes will mean that the money is held in escrow until the disputes are resolved.

There won't be any restrictions on the size of jobs you are able to offer. If you are concerned that they will not pay, the site ensures that full payment is taken before the job is considered accepted.

There may be cases where continuous jobs are required for an on-going project. The site will allow you to create custom jobs if an incremental payment option is desirable.
coinblazer

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:04:59 PM

Just a quick question, as a freelancer myself (web development) I am completely new to a bitcoin based platform for work opportunities. What kind of advantages would I have being part of this from the freelancer side of things? And also on this platform specifically is there any kind of rating/recommendation system that helps me being recommended to other people looking to hire?
Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:06:12 PM

Love the idea of freelance market but crowfund = somewhat ICO. So I hope there would be another way to distribute it

The great thing about the site is that you have an immediate use for your tokens to hire freelancers to do jobs. Investing doesn't necessarily mean you will see a monetary return (you might, depends on the market) so you do have an option to speculate or use the tokens to get jobs done.

autonomouscrypto

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:06:56 PM

This seems like a great concept. I would like to actually be able to spend an altcoin one day. Can you please tell me more how this works? Will the site accepts BTC and HIRE? I am looking forward to following your progress.

Thank you
free10

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:09:05 PM

Just a quick question, as a freelancer myself (web development) I am completely new to a bitcoin based platform for work opportunities. What kind of advantages would I have being part of this from the freelancer side of things? And also on this platform specifically is there any kind of rating/recommendation system that helps me being recommended to other people looking to hire?

This I would like to know the answer to as well, I am concerned about the faith that freelancers would have in it as a lot of the freelancers I personally know are concerned about things like commission etc
loncryp

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:11:39 PM

This I would like to know the answer to as well, I am concerned about the faith that freelancers would have in it as a lot of the freelancers I personally know are concerned about things like commission etc

Well one thing for sure is that with bitcoin, the transfer fees are diminished, payments are more instant than stuff like paypal and direct bank transfer etc. I am supporting this project having a few friends as struggling freelancers as well, maybe I can tell them about this wonderful service
Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:13:42 PM

Hi and thanks for your question. A bitcoin based platform means you are in control of the money you earn, and you can get a broader customer base as Bitcoin is frictionless as a global payment solution.

To answer your second question, our site does have a rating system. Users rate their level of satisfaction, and quality of work after their job is delivered. In terms of recommending, the rating system will allow people to search for freelancers based on rating, or sort by ratings. Users can also leave a review for a job delivered, so there will be plenty of feedback to read before you decide to hire someone.

Zawamiya

Activity: 526

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:17:26 PM

I'm gonna give this a shot. How much do we get paid after the fees come into place?

Appreciated! The fee's we're planning to take would be 5%. However we'll be looking at implementing ways of reducing that for freelancers with high activity, so the more popular your services are, the less fees!

Gotcha. Another question I have is, what would be the size of jobs that we could offer? For example if I wanted to offer some larger project that might take a while, and cost quite a bit more than the usual day job. And for these type of jobs I usually like to take a deposit. How would you deal with that?

The freelancer has responsibility in ensuring the work delivered is as described in their advert.

Disputes will mean that the money is held in escrow until the disputes are resolved.

There won't be any restrictions on the size of jobs you are able to offer. If you are concerned that they will not pay, the site ensures that full payment is taken before the job is considered accepted.

There may be cases where continuous jobs are required for an on-going project. The site will allow you to create custom jobs if an incremental payment option is desirable.

Okay this answers my questions. I'd still like it if I could receive some of the money upfront though, a lot of jobs I've taken have taken weeks or even months. I can't really afford to take on the job if I won't be paid at all until completion. Maybe you can implement a way to let users decide if they want to release some funds early? Like 50% up front and 50% on completion?

coinblazer

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:20:04 PM

Hi and thanks for your question. A bitcoin based platform means you are in control of the money you earn, and you can get a broader customer base as Bitcoin is frictionless as a global payment solution.

To answer your second question, our site does have a rating system. Users rate their level of satisfaction, and quality of work after their job is delivered. In terms of recommending, the rating system will allow people to search for freelancers based on rating, or sort by ratings. Users can also leave a review for a job delivered, so there will be plenty of feedback to read before you decide to hire someone.

Much appreciated for the answer, very happy about the referral/rating system as most of the time I only get recommended to others by word of mouth most of the time. You have my support!
Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:29:48 PM

This seems like a great concept. I would like to actually be able to spend an altcoin one day. Can you please tell me more how this works? Will the site accepts BTC and HIRE? I am looking forward to following your progress.

Thank you

The announcement does explain this. But to answer your question, the users accept Bitcoin for payment and primarily HIRE tokens are used for tipping. However, the freelancer has the option to be paid in either. One thing we'll be doing to promote the use of the HIRE tokens is to give freelancers the ability to promote their services for a small Hire token fee.

hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:34:20 PM

Thank you

The announcement does explain this. But to answer your question, the users accept Bitcoin for payment and primarily HIRE tokens are used for tipping. However, the freelancer has the option to be paid in either. One thing we'll be doing to promote the use of the HIRE tokens is to give freelancers the ability to promote their services for a small Hire token fee.

So we can pay with Hire tokens if the freelancer accepts HIRE as a payment option?
Would be cool if there was some sort of auto convert option on the site so the freelancer receives BTC or HIRE regardless of how the user chooses to pay..

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:03:13 PM

Thank you

So we can pay with Hire tokens if the freelancer accepts HIRE as a payment option?
Would be cool if there was some sort of auto convert option on the site so the freelancer receives BTC or HIRE regardless of how the user chooses to pay..

We may implement something along those lines once the HIRE token has some trading. Good idea.
Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:06:19 PM

Okay this answers my questions. I'd still like it if I could receive some of the money upfront though, a lot of jobs I've taken have taken weeks or even months. I can't really afford to take on the job if I won't be paid at all until completion. Maybe you can implement a way to let users decide if they want to release some funds early? Like 50% up front and 50% on completion?

I understand what you're saying, and for now, the best way forward would be to create staggered custom jobs offers for projects that require longer time periods to complete. This way, you will receive your payment on completion of milestones.
Melds

Activity: 205

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:05:03 PM

It is great to have some kind of platform that not only serves as a way to hire freelancers but also can be used for micro-tipping as some may keep portfolio of their work on personal websites/blogs etc. I am assuming that one can be tipped via like a "donate button" where the person who donates is able to choose how much of either HIRE or BTC and the tip would go straight into their wallet?

mattjack

Activity: 120

Matt or Jack? Why not both!

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:10:57 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2015, 05:32:40 PM by mattjack

with tipping, is there any related fees with tipping through your service?
Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:27:34 PM

It is great to have some kind of platform that not only serves as a way to hire freelancers but also can be used for micro-tipping as some may keep portfolio of their work on personal websites/blogs etc. I am assuming that one can be tipped via like a "donate button" where the person who donates is able to choose how much of either HIRE or BTC and the tip would go straight into their wallet?

The website will have a web wallet for both BTC and HIRE token. These will work much like how they do at exchanges.

After the completion of a job, you are prompted to leave a review and a rating. Here, you can tip using your HIRE tokens provided you have them in your wallet.

Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:28:43 PM

with tipping, is there any related fees with tipping through your service?

Tipping won't carry a fee.
swhyte60

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:48:03 PM

Hi, just wondering if your service caters to recruiters looking to assemble a team of freelancers rather than just one
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: