Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 09:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitHIRE (HIRE) | Freelance Market | Microtipping | Adverts | Featured Gigs  (Read 45990 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:25:47 AM

About the fee schedule.. I think people miss the fact that all these platforms need to atleast cover their operational costs. Sure, if you get 60 million in funding i think you'll be fine, but they still need to atleast break even on the balance sheet.

It surprises me that fiverr can have such high fees and even have as many freelancers as they do.

I'm not looking to make freelancing my full time job, so it will just be pocket money for doing things i'd be doing anyway. Still, i'd feel robbed if i lost over 20% to fees.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

mattjack

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

Matt or Jack? Why not both!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:31:08 AM

Have HIRE got a slack room? Would be nice to chat with the rest of the community and maybe the devs can update us quicker on there. If not, IRC or I could setup a slack and keep it clean?
Zawamiya

Activity: 526

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:32:44 AM

I very much doubt that the devs will have the time to sit around on chat, and whilst I appreciate contact, I would rather they just spend their time delivering some stuff and making the site an actual success. If it is successful and they have thousands of people coming on slack / irc, its just going to be super messy.
DrPaid

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:57:11 AM

Yeah I think subreddit would be ok. I mean if someone in the community wants to manage a slack I think the devs wouldnt mind, just dont expect them to come on for idle chat. Subreddit would be good though.
Melds

Activity: 205

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:01:57 PM

I like the reddit idea, but then its not so different from here. Still its a bit different from chatting with brethren. I'm +1 for slack

mattjack

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:09:00 PM

Last time I was in a good community was with the ARCH guys and the slack room there was buzzing. I just liked hanging out with people who all support the same initiative and it worked out really well too, met some swell guys who i'm still good friends with today. But also i imagine alot of the freelancers will probably hang out for picking up jobs.

free10

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:16:34 PM

Yeah I think subreddit would be ok. I mean if someone in the community wants to manage a slack I think the devs wouldnt mind, just dont expect them to come on for idle chat. Subreddit would be good though.

Well, I wouldn't mind doing that at all Smiley
MomoCoin

Activity: 170

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:44:37 AM

I was never too keen on the whole traders slack on ARCH. But if people benefited from it, fair enough.

I'd like to ask, would you consider adding some functions to the website for file hosting or will freelancers need to provide their own links to customers? Not a big issue just curious as to how file sharing will work. It'd be nice to see real reviews for good work. So many auto generated "artwork" on fiverr, quite hard to find real talent that is reliable.  

Oh and if you guys do open a crypto section for coin services I'm sure it will be a hit!

@MomoCoins
https://twitter.com/MomoCoins
No, I am not a coin.
jaylin

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:43:30 AM

I was never too keen on the whole traders slack on ARCH. But if people benefited from it, fair enough.

I'd like to ask, would you consider adding some functions to the website for file hosting or will freelancers need to provide their own links to customers? Not a big issue just curious as to how file sharing will work. It'd be nice to see real reviews for good work. So many auto generated "artwork" on fiverr, quite hard to find real talent that is reliable.  

Oh and if you guys do open a crypto section for coin services I'm sure it will be a hit!

Well I guess there needs to be some way to authenticate video content as youtube links can be shared.
Melds

Activity: 205

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:01:30 AM

I'm not sure how scalable the server they have is. File sharing can be a huge bandwidth hog.

DrPaid

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:24:13 AM

If its allowed on youtube i doubt itd be an issue.

I would say that its easy enough to host files on places like MEGA, google drive etc. The platform need only be a point of escrow and contact for both parties imo.
fuddudle

Activity: 150

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:02:07 AM

I would say that its easy enough to host files on places like MEGA, google drive etc. The platform need only be a point of escrow and contact for both parties imo.

I guess for file sharing that has security that would work.

DrPaid

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:04:53 AM

Probably a hyperlink whitelist would suffice. Transparency is needed in these situations imo. Worker milestones would be a pretty sweet feature to have
Zawamiya

Activity: 526

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:07:58 AM

Probably a hyperlink whitelist would suffice. Transparency is needed in these situations imo. Worker milestones would be a pretty sweet feature to have

I agree with worker milestones, I think one of the biggest problems on these e-lancing sites is that you just have so little feedback. It's a little bit more effort but from the customer perspective, it gives them more confidence to continue using and gives them a minimum expectation.
MomoCoin

Activity: 170

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:04:29 PM

I agree with worker milestones, I think one of the biggest problems on these e-lancing sites is that you just have so little feedback. It's a little bit more effort but from the customer perspective, it gives them more confidence to continue using and gives them a minimum expectation.

I feel that paid tipping and evidence of this on the blockchain may deter false feedback. Milestones incentivise both parties to make the agreement work. Perhaps some sort of smart contract would be useful.

@MomoCoins
https://twitter.com/MomoCoins
No, I am not a coin.
td93

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:19:27 PM

If things go great, would you consider a possible app in the future to help freelancers/posters manage their listings and profile? Or the website is mobile friendly?
DrPaid

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:30:59 AM

I think sites normally have mobile optimised versions. In all honesty though, i would rather the app come around after full testing after the site. Buggy and slow apps are just the worst. For facebook i prefer their mobile site in chrome.
Preen (OP)

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:14:35 AM

I think sites normally have mobile optimised versions. In all honesty though, i would rather the app come around after full testing after the site. Buggy and slow apps are just the worst. For facebook i prefer their mobile site in chrome.

Yes, this is quite right. The site will be fully compatible with mobile devices however, should the site be very successful with a high volume of jobs being listed and freelancers being signed up, a site can be a possibility although our priority is to get the HIRE coin listed and get the site working asap.
mattjack

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:28:36 AM

Yes, this is quite right. The site will be fully compatible with mobile devices however, should the site be very successful with a high volume of jobs being listed and freelancers being signed up, a site can be a possibility although our priority is to get the HIRE coin listed and get the site working asap.

Any word from any exchanges?
Preen (OP)

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:02:25 AM

Any word from any exchanges?

We are still awaiting replies from exchanges, if we are listed on any of them we will be sure to let you all know right away!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: