Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:06:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471702 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
youyou_

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:21:46 PM

I suggest people go back and re read my posts and judge for themselves if this reaction is warranted!

I suggest you delete the PM you disclosed without permission.

Keep your issue private with involved people. What do you expect when doing this drama in public place???
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rando

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:39:35 PM

Hi,
I wasn't here recently.
Can someone please give me a quick update?
Is there a new GUI version or a light wallet to transfer already owned coins to a new address after the signature change?
If yes, is there a guide on how to do it?
If not, when is it going to be available?
thank you
SteveoMB

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:43:07 PM

Hi,
I wasn't here recently.
Is there a new GUI version or a light wallet to transfer already owned coins to a new address after the signature change?
thank you

nope there isnt, but it's not that far away. everything is being made right now.

I invite you to join slack as updates do come faster and more reliable. BTT isnt a good medium for being up-to-date.

https://slack.iotatoken.com

guides are here: http://iotasupport.com/

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
Rando

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:46:40 PM

Hi,
I wasn't here recently.
thank you

nope there isnt, but it's not that far away. everything is being made right now.

I invite you to join slack as updates do come faster and more reliable. BTT isnt a good medium for being up-to-date.

Thank you SteveoMB
SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:48:01 PM

Hi,
I wasn't here recently.
thank you

Thank you SteveoMB

You're welcome!

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
Jabbawa

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:58:28 PM

Ok David, I apologise for getting personal in the DM. That was inappropriate and I took it even further than you which was unnecessary, if not totally unprovoked by your own insults.

I apologise if I used the wrong tense and caused any confusion regarding liquidity. Ofc, it is not officially a liquid until it is freely traded, but I was able to move coins around previously and OTC trading has been going for quite some time, so it is possible to liquidate.

I also should not have gone on to slack using a different name to point out why this is ridiculous, but I'm sure you can see why I would not bother trying to have the same conversation with the same defensive reactions over there as I had here. I would get nowhere with the bias I'd be shown compared to a random voice.

I was making valid points about the light wallet, but it appears the general sentiment about it not being important does not agree with the official line that the light wallet will indeed be out and claiming much easier before exchanges hit. I'm very pleased to hear that and I will even apologise for not focusing more aggressively on that question instead of just the general importance of the light wallet.

All-in-all I would rather have an easy life and not FUD a project I am invested in by dragging it into court, although I am close to certain I would win any legal dispute, it's more hassle than it is worth and I would rather just put a lid on it.

I have never moaned about the product and I am not given to constant complaints, as a good look through my post history would reveal they are few and far between. I also gave to the deal and the foundation and have followed the project closely. I really can't believe that you would choose to try and pick on me rather than any number of actual trolls and scammers we've had on BCT.

If you want a fight you can have one and I feel very confident about the result, but I really can't be arsed fighting if I don't have to. If an apology for the things I may have overstepped on will resolve this quickly and simply then I will offer it; if not you'll hear from a legal representative on the day my txs are blocked.

iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 07:20:07 PM

Ok David, I apologise for getting personal in the DM. That was inappropriate and I took it even further than you which was unnecessary, if not totally unprovoked by your own insults.

I apologise if I used the wrong tense and caused any confusion regarding liquidity. Ofc, it is not officially a liquid until it is freely traded, but I was able to move coins around previously and OTC trading has been going for quite some time, so it is possible to liquidate.

I also should not have gone on to slack using a different name to point out why this is ridiculous, but I'm sure you can see why I would not bother trying to have the same conversation with the same defensive reactions over there as I had here. I would get nowhere with the bias I'd be shown compared to a random voice.

I was making valid points about the light wallet, but it appears the general sentiment about it not being important does not agree with the official line that the light wallet will indeed be out and claiming much easier before exchanges hit. I'm very pleased to hear that and I will even apologise for not focusing more aggressively on that question instead of just the general importance of the light wallet.

All-in-all I would rather have an easy life and not FUD a project I am invested in by dragging it into court, although I am close to certain I would win any legal dispute, it's more hassle than it is worth and I would rather just put a lid on it.

I have never moaned about the product and I am not given to constant complaints, as a good look through my post history would reveal they are few and far between. I also gave to the deal and the foundation and have followed the project closely. I really can't believe that you would choose to try and pick on me rather than any number of actual trolls and scammers we've had on BCT.

If you want a fight you can have one and I feel very confident about the result, but I really can't be arsed fighting if I don't have to. If an apology for the things I may have overstepped on will resolve this quickly and simply then I will offer it; if not you'll hear from a legal representative on the day my txs are blocked.

I accept your apologies. I will not nitpick on any of these points as it will just lead to drama in perpetuity, the only point of contention I will highlight is the bolded paragraph. I never tried to pick on you, I simply responded and then tried to help you out in private, but when the matter escalated to the point that it did it became a matter of principle and making an example of it. Like I told you, I am willing to look beyond this and already now consider it a resolved matter, but the lines do get quite blurred between trolls and those who make 'legit', but still very misguided complaints, and due to the sheer magnitude and complexity of the project we cannot afford to always iron out the nuances, thus we have to respond in a coarse grained fashion, which is blunt.

Anyways, I hope for others this epitomizes why drama is pointless and never benefits anyone, and that as a community we can just move on. I will not be holding any grudge towards James/Jabbawa, and invite him to participate as a community member in the capacity he feels he is able to contribute, and if he does I encourage everyone to give him a second chance.

rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 07:36:32 PM

Let me say that, outside of my continued concern in having David interacting with the community on THIS forum, clearly something that is not working for most of the year now, (though things are usually better in the official IOTA channels), that I'm also worried about the constant "last claim didn't count but the next one will". If I'm not mistaken, we already claimed last year, then once MORE last year then again under the new GUI earlier this year (then were also asked to create a new ultra secure account/seed - which most did)... now, we have been asked to claim AGAIN.

This doesn't inspire too much confidence and is perhaps why many people (myself included) have deciding to wait until later in the year (or next year since we have a one year deadline) to make this "new" claim. It feels kind of shitty to have been part of three or four snapshots and secured seeds and jumped through hoops only to find out "it didn't really count". This is doubly worrisome when the CEO of the company comes out with aggressive demands that a customer forcibly accept a refund (at an economic disadvantage at that) - a refund, mind you, that should have already been impossible four times over, as most people have already claimed multiple times only to have the entire network re-set.

To be clear, I'm not too upset about re-setting and optimizing the network (or waiting generally)... but, to wait and be told: "STFU or you will have your seed and account excluded from the genesis snapshot" is extremely disturbing.

As a last point, it would suck to claim - go away for two years for x reason, come back and be told "well, sorry, that claim didn't count because we re-set everything 4-5 more times after we opened the claim process". That has legal and PR trouble written all over it and I would tread carefully here to make sure no one is excluded for things which were not part of the software sale.

**meaning, I don't assume that there was a clause in the sale that said you were forced to keep up with development on a weekly/monthly basis after getting your software released to you. If anything, the re-setting of the network, if it left a member who participated in the software sale on the outside looking in, would look to constitute a breach. This can, of course, all be avoided with some careful planning and understanding from the dev group. I hope this is thought over carefully.

Best,
rtrt  
charvesp

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 07:43:29 PM

Excellent post, David.

I think jabbawa's supposed apology post was not what David was looking for it showed only a bit of remorse.

I hope this shows David can be more reasonable than his detractors think.

David delivered everything he said he would and is required to.

The rest from here is all community effort. And yes the Foundation is a community effort as we funded it.
iotatoken

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 11:02:45 PM

Let me say that, outside of my continued concern in having David interacting with the community on THIS forum, clearly something that is not working for most of the year now, (though things are usually better in the official IOTA channels), that I'm also worried about the constant "last claim didn't count but the next one will". If I'm not mistaken, we already claimed last year, then once MORE last year then again under the new GUI earlier this year (then were also asked to create a new ultra secure account/seed - which most did)... now, we have been asked to claim AGAIN.

This doesn't inspire too much confidence and is perhaps why many people (myself included) have deciding to wait until later in the year (or next year since we have a one year deadline) to make this "new" claim. It feels kind of shitty to have been part of three or four snapshots and secured seeds and jumped through hoops only to find out "it didn't really count". This is doubly worrisome when the CEO of the company comes out with aggressive demands that a customer forcibly accept a refund (at an economic disadvantage at that) - a refund, mind you, that should have already been impossible four times over, as most people have already claimed multiple times only to have the entire network re-set.

To be clear, I'm not too upset about re-setting and optimizing the network (or waiting generally)... but, to wait and be told: "STFU or you will have your seed and account excluded from the genesis snapshot" is extremely disturbing.

As a last point, it would suck to claim - go away for two years for x reason, come back and be told "well, sorry, that claim didn't count because we re-set everything 4-5 more times after we opened the claim process". That has legal and PR trouble written all over it and I would tread carefully here to make sure no one is excluded for things which were not part of the software sale.

**meaning, I don't assume that there was a clause in the sale that said you were forced to keep up with development on a weekly/monthly basis after getting your software released to you. If anything, the re-setting of the network, if it left a member who participated in the software sale on the outside looking in, would look to constitute a breach. This can, of course, all be avoided with some careful planning and understanding from the dev group. I hope this is thought over carefully.

Best,
rtrt  

I refuse to engage further in this discussion, and you know our past discussions on this which I don't think any of us will want to revive, but if you insist we will.

On your concrete criticisms

1. If you feel that having to keep an eye on the project is an unreasonable demand, then you were never cut out for this in the first place. We are revolutionizing already revolutionizing technology here, OF COURSE it will go through iterations. Ethereum is 3 years old and have already hardforked several times, we haven't even released the software in full yet. I am completely flabbergasted by those who think in terms of "hey, I deposted a few btc in an account, now I can lay back and be entitled to anything I want while these people work from 8 am until 3 am every day to make me rich"

2. I never said anything remotely like what you just paraphrased. OF COURSE I will offer a refund to dissatisfied customers. This is called professionalism in any other industry but the insanity of the greedy crypto world. And if the person continues to slander / be of annoyance to other customers ( which is what you are when you delay the entire project ) then refund is no longer voluntary, but a decision made by the company. I am 100% comfortable with taking anyone to the full legal road on this here in Norway where the company and sale was legally conducted. The fact that this is even remotely controversial exposes the true intent of the purchasers, they are speculators who we told to fuck off pre-sale.

3. What you call my 'aggression' is actually a very reasonable and measured response to completely insane demands. We have delivered the software with tons of additions on top of it, going way beyond our original sales agreement. In addition to this we have made people already a 30x ROI. Anywhere else on Earth you'd expect the receivers to be on their knees praising your work, but not in crypto, in crypto you have to deal with retarded idiots whining like fucking entitled fucktards. In order to not just quit the entire project you have to be allowed to vent that tension in an honest manner, and I prefer this over being a manipulative guy who just lies to the community, which is what you seem to call for.

rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 11:59:22 PM

Way to keep your cool.
I agree that it's not productive to engage further on the matter.
Best,

Best,
rtrt  

I refuse to engage further in this discussion, and you know our past discussions on this which I don't think any of us will want to revive, but if you insist we will.

On your concrete criticisms

1. If you feel that having to keep an eye on the project is an unreasonable demand, then you were never cut out for this in the first place. We are revolutionizing already revolutionizing technology here, OF COURSE it will go through iterations. Ethereum is 3 years old and have already hardforked several times, we haven't even released the software in full yet. I am completely flabbergasted by those who think in terms of "hey, I deposted a few btc in an account, now I can lay back and be entitled to anything I want while these people work from 8 am until 3 am every day to make me rich"

2. I never said anything remotely like what you just paraphrased. OF COURSE I will offer a refund to dissatisfied customers. This is called professionalism in any other industry but the insanity of the greedy crypto world. And if the person continues to slander / be of annoyance to other customers ( which is what you are when you delay the entire project ) then refund is no longer voluntary, but a decision made by the company. I am 100% comfortable with taking anyone to the full legal road on this here in Norway where the company and sale was legally conducted. The fact that this is even remotely controversial exposes the true intent of the purchasers, they are speculators who we told to fuck off pre-sale.

3. What you call my 'aggression' is actually a very reasonable and measured response to completely insane demands. We have delivered the software with tons of additions on top of it, going way beyond our original sales agreement. In addition to this we have made people already a 30x ROI. Anywhere else on Earth you'd expect the receivers to be on their knees praising your work, but not in crypto, in crypto you have to deal with retarded idiots whining like fucking entitled fucktards. In order to not just quit the entire project you have to be allowed to vent that tension in an honest manner, and I prefer this over being a manipulative guy who just lies to the community, which is what you seem to call for.
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 01:54:02 AM

We have delivered the software with tons of additions on top of it, going way beyond our original sales agreement.

Wat?
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 06:24:46 AM

3 pages since my last visit, TLDR version anyone?
Ratatosk

Activity: 263

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 10:41:51 AM

@ IOTA TEAM :

Could really be worth to get infos and contact them :

http://www.iot-valley.fr/eng
https://www.facebook.com/iotvalley/

IoT Valley is an association created in 2009 by four entrepreneurs from Toulouse. Today it is Europe's reference business ecosystem specialized in the internet of things and connected objects.

Concentrated on innovative companies, the association has more than 40 startups and an acceleration program: LeConnected.Camp. It is almost entirely financed with private funds through partnerships with major groups such as SNCF or AG2R, and industry leaders like Microsoft, Intel, Samsung, EBV Elektronik, etc ...Each year LeConnected.Camp helps 20 new startups.

IoT Valley brings together over 350 members in 10,000 m2 in the outskirts of Toulouse. By promoting the exchange and pooling of resources and skills, and boosting sharing among its member companies, it multiplies their chances of creating tomorrow's success stories.

Because it is constantly developing, IoT Valley has started the construction of a 10-hectare campus at Labège-Innopole, which is entirely dedicated to connected objects. Our objective is to accommodate more than 250 startups at the end of 2018 !

http://leconnected.camp

Le Connected Camp is a 9 months acceleration program for IoT startups. Our focus is to bring you qualified business leads with large corporations and secure the manufacturing process for your product. On top of that, make sure that you stay focus and go fast. Meaning that for every problem you will have we’ll find an expert that can help you out within 2 days, for free.

http://www.sigfox.com/en

I hope it could help

iotatoken

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 04:40:26 PM

@ IOTA TEAM :

Could really be worth to get infos and contact them :

http://www.iot-valley.fr/eng
https://www.facebook.com/iotvalley/

IoT Valley is an association created in 2009 by four entrepreneurs from Toulouse. Today it is Europe's reference business ecosystem specialized in the internet of things and connected objects.

Concentrated on innovative companies, the association has more than 40 startups and an acceleration program: LeConnected.Camp. It is almost entirely financed with private funds through partnerships with major groups such as SNCF or AG2R, and industry leaders like Microsoft, Intel, Samsung, EBV Elektronik, etc ...Each year LeConnected.Camp helps 20 new startups.

IoT Valley brings together over 350 members in 10,000 m2 in the outskirts of Toulouse. By promoting the exchange and pooling of resources and skills, and boosting sharing among its member companies, it multiplies their chances of creating tomorrow's success stories.

Because it is constantly developing, IoT Valley has started the construction of a 10-hectare campus at Labège-Innopole, which is entirely dedicated to connected objects. Our objective is to accommodate more than 250 startups at the end of 2018 !

http://leconnected.camp

Le Connected Camp is a 9 months acceleration program for IoT startups. Our focus is to bring you qualified business leads with large corporations and secure the manufacturing process for your product. On top of that, make sure that you stay focus and go fast. Meaning that for every problem you will have we’ll find an expert that can help you out within 2 days, for free.

http://www.sigfox.com/en

I hope it could help

Finally a useful forum member! We are already in touch with some of these companies, but if anyone happen to know someone in any of them it would be good to make an intro.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 05:26:09 PM

@LemonAndFriesOne, I removed your troll post.
Ratatosk

Activity: 263

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:42:19 PM

Finally a useful forum member! We are already in touch with some of these companies, but if anyone happen to know someone in any of them it would be good to make an intro.

I'm not always here but I try to help when I can

sorry my English is bad
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 11:28:59 PM

@LemonAndFriesOne, I removed your troll post.

Troll, how is that?

Prove me and everyone else wrong. By the way I did buy some IOTA after the 20x price hike, so I'm technically an investor with an opinion on your project that I put money into.

For the uninformed:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Quote from: zanzibar on Today at 01:54:02 AM
Quote from: iotatoken on November 19, 2016, 11:02:45 PM
We have delivered the software with tons of additions on top of it, going way beyond our original sales agreement.

Wat?

Translation: This was as far as we expected our college project to go and we didn't make the truck loads of money we were hoping for, like other ICOs, so we're mad and saying it's everyone else's fault. Conclude cleaning hands.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 07:25:45 AM

Troll, how is that?

Prove me and everyone else wrong.

This won't work. Your post was trollish and I'm not going to do anything just to prove you something. Also you have no rights to speak from "everyone".
bubbletea789

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 11:48:09 AM

I am just curious, if we are already in touch with some of them, why do we still need someone to make an intro?
or you meant to say "an intro to those we have not talked to yet" ?

I understand that "in touch" means "maintaining constant communication for certain purposes".

Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: