Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:34:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1473120 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:42:34 PM

You still didnt answer my question though, there is no incentive for a corporation to connect to your nodes and use your tangle, instead of making their own.

This can be a general question for all cryptocurrencies such as bitocoin and ethereum. The main advantage for public crypto network like bitcoin, ethereum and iota is their lower cost and higher efficiency when comparing to their private counterparts. For instance, the payment/tansactional settlement cost and data storage cost can be much cheaper in a public network than a private network. The entry barrier in a public network is much lower than a private one. Lower cost and higher efficiency can be translated into profit which is the ultimate goal for the companies.

That is why many people believe that the private blockchain (blockchain/bitcoin without coins ) will not work because it will lose the advantage of lower cost. Whence a company loses the advantage of lower cost it will lose the competition in the marketplace. Maybe in the future the private chains and public chains will co-exist. But public chains will still be the dominant force in the market simply because they are cheaper and more efficient, maybe similar to today's internet and intranet.    
There are differences to bitcoin and etherun vs Iota. Bitcoin/Ethereum have PoW, which cant be easily reproduced, but Iota has no such thing, it can easily be cloned, and tokens distributed at will. Bitcoins are generated, so cannot be distributed without investing alot of time or hardware up front.

Security is an issue on public networks, connecting any of your systems to the internet is opening it up for abuse and dealing with those extra costs. Private networks, firewalls and all-things internal-to-enterprise servers exist for this reason. The entry to public is higher than private.

Your argument is true for blockchain based PoW systems where distribution happens over time, but not for Iota.

ALSO, IOTA is reddit.com/r/bitcoin full of censorship and groupthink, it wont succeed because of this close-minded, authoritarian approach to criticism and questions.
so if you want to make it happen support Iota by setting up an active node.
BYTEBALL https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859 doesnt have the dumb problem of finding other nodes by using proprietary slack service to talk to people and then a month later fail to have a working node because people shut off their "nodes" for a while.

Iota doesnt even have a peer-to-peer network. Iota as it is cannot even work over Tor. Byteball can.

Why in hell you will run IoT-device over Tor  Huh
Please do not post drunk!  Roll Eyes
John_Paul

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:45:51 PM

There are differences to bitcoin and etherun vs Iota. Bitcoin/Ethereum have PoW, which cant be easily reproduced, but Iota has no such thing, it can easily be cloned, and tokens distributed at will. Bitcoins are generated, so cannot be distributed without investing alot of time or hardware up front.
Security is an issue on public networks, connecting any of your systems to the internet is opening it up for abuse and dealing with those extra costs. Private networks, firewalls and all-things internal-to-enterprise servers exist for this reason. The entry to public is higher than private.
Your argument is true for blockchain based PoW systems where distribution happens over time, but not for Iota.
ALSO, IOTA is reddit.com/r/bitcoin full of censorship and groupthink, it wont succeed because of this close-minded, authoritarian approach to criticism and questions.

You did not get it. What I meant is that the public chains have innate advantages in cost and efficiency no matter they are PoW or PoS or IOTA a like in comparison with private chains.

The private chains don't keep the PoW when they clone the PoW chains like Bitcoins. I remember someone mentioned that R3 is basically Bitcoin without the coins.

The security issue for public chains is not unique for IOTA. It is common for all cryptocurrencies like bitocin and ehtereum.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:08:43 PM

BYTEBALL https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859 doesnt have the dumb problem of finding other nodes by using proprietary slack service to talk to people and then a month later fail to have a working node because people shut off their "nodes" for a while.

How did Byteball solve this dumb problem?
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 02:39:25 PM

How did Byteball solve this dumb problem?

I’m not a very good technical expert, but I think at the moment there are running 12 „Witness-Nodes“ and they are saving the Network. At the moment they are hosted by developer Tony in the Future it should be de-centralized and you can chose them in your wallet.
So at the moment the Network is not fully decentralized.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:44:59 PM

You still didnt answer my question though, there is no incentive for a corporation to connect to your nodes and use your tangle, instead of making their own.

This can be a general question for all cryptocurrencies such as bitocoin and ethereum. The main advantage for public crypto network like bitcoin, ethereum and iota is their lower cost and higher efficiency when comparing to their private counterparts. For instance, the payment/tansactional settlement cost and data storage cost can be much cheaper in a public network than a private network. The entry barrier in a public network is much lower than a private one. Lower cost and higher efficiency can be translated into profit which is the ultimate goal for the companies.

That is why many people believe that the private blockchain (blockchain/bitcoin without coins ) will not work because it will lose the advantage of lower cost. Whence a company loses the advantage of lower cost it will lose the competition in the marketplace. Maybe in the future the private chains and public chains will co-exist. But public chains will still be the dominant force in the market simply because they are cheaper and more efficient, maybe similar to today's internet and intranet.    

so if you want to make it happen support Iota by setting up an active node.

Iota doesnt even have a peer-to-peer network. Iota as it is cannot even work over Tor. Byteball can.

Why in hell you will run IoT-device over Tor  Huh
Please do not post drunk!  Roll Eyes
Oh no, I thought of a use-case which was not blessed by the developers/Iota-foundation members, shame on me, I will now go and cry.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:50:50 PM

I’m not a very good technical expert, but I think at the moment there are running 12 „Witness-Nodes“ and they are saving the Network. At the moment they are hosted by developer Tony in the Future it should be de-centralized and you can chose them in your wallet.

This explains why there is no a protection against an eclipse attack, which can be conducted if a naive peer discovery is used (which is the case of Byteball, I noticed this trying to recover byteballs of my friend). In IOTA necessity to talk to people is an anti-Sybil measure. Poor SatoNatomato doesn't understand all these nuances, I suggest to forgive his childishness.
WorldCoiner

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 02:58:00 PM

This explains why there is no a protection against an eclipse attack, which can be conducted if a naive peer discovery is used (which is the case of Byteball, I noticed this trying to recover byteballs of my friend). In IOTA necessity to talk to people is an anti-Sybil measure. Poor SatoNatomato doesn't understand all these nuances, I suggest to forgive his childishness.

Good point Come-from-Beyond. An other Topic: You know BCNext as well and at the very beginning I was thinking, after reading the Byteball Whitepaper, it could be him (Tony declined this later)
What do you think?
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 03:15:20 PM

Good point Come-from-Beyond. An other Topic: You know BCNext as well and at the very beginning I was thinking, after reading the Byteball Whitepaper, it could be him (Tony declined this later)
What do you think?

Dude, CFB is BCNext
WorldCoiner

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 03:19:28 PM

What do you think?

Dude, CFB is BCNext

I doubt this, check out this link. I don't expect he has played sockpuppet theater since the very beginning:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3301527#msg3301527
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 03:22:14 PM

What do you think?

I think tonych is not BCNext.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 03:26:44 PM

What do you think?

May be he is Satoshi Nakamoto  Huh
We have a lot of suspects.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 03:28:11 PM

May be he is Satoshi Nakamoto  Huh
We have a lot of suspects.

Maybe
WorldCoiner

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 03:29:24 PM

What do you think?

Thanks, so it's just the book "1984" is very popular in Eastern Europe.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:31:09 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2017, 08:46:12 PM by SatoNatomato

LOL. OK

Ill just ask all the customers of my IoT device to join your slack channel and talk to peer their IoT devices with each other in order to transact worthless iota tokens.

You can throw words around, eclipse, but its not like you understand how to construct usable valuable software.

Anti-Sybil measures can be implemented without resorting to slack-channels, such as Persea. But you wouldnt know of that right. And byteball has, just like most other cryptocurrencies, especially PoS based ones, Eclipse-attack protection in the form of - "hey visit an or two public explorers and check your address and balance before you actually use it to transact to ensure you are not eclipsed". Your attempts at defaming byteball is laughable. Just like kicking and banning byteball discussion in Iota slack.
SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:01:02 PM

LOL. OK

Ill just ask all the customers of my IoT device to join your slack channel and talk to peer their IoT devices with each other in order to transact worthless iota tokens.

You can throw words around, eclipse, but its not like you understand how to construct usable valuable software.

Anti-Sybil measures can be implemented without resorting to slack-channels, such as Persea. But you wouldnt know of that right. And byteball has, just like most other cryptocurrencies, especially PoS based ones, Eclipse-attack protection in the form of - "hey visit an or two public explorers and check your address and balance before you actually use it to transact to ensure you are not eclipsed". Your attempts at defaming byteball is laughable. Just like kicking and banning byteball discussion in Iota slack.

trolling intensifies. and there are discussions in slack but your imagination is your problem, not IOTA's. everyone is saying that Byteball is legit, but no competitor in the IoT. What's wrong about that?

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
zanzibar

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:03:40 PM

trolling intensifies. and there are discussions in slack but your imagination is your problem, not IOTA's. everyone is saying that Byteball is legit, but no competitor in the IoT. What's wrong about that?

Byteball is also 50% owned by 4 ICO groups; Lisk, Waves, Iconomi and Kmodo. The distribution model will kill it, unfortunately.
Limx Dev
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:06:57 PM

Byteball is also 50% owned by 4 ICO groups; Lisk, Waves, Iconomi and Kmodo. The distribution model will kill it, unfortunately.

50% from 10 % ....

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
SatoNatomato

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:07:48 PM

LOL. OK

Byteball is more suited for IoT than Iota is.

Please do tell, which IoT platforms does Iota currently run on?
zanzibar

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:10:49 PM

50% from 10 % ....

Yes, but those groups will only have to just sit back and collect more Byteball with each distribution round.
WorldCoiner

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 09:19:02 PM

50% from 10 % ....

If they do nothing and just keep most of their BTC and already distributed Byteball, they will Keep their share in % of the cake.
But Waves will already get less.
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: