May 04, 2024, 09:42:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Viᖚes (social currency unit)?
like - 27 (27.6%)
might work - 10 (10.2%)
dislike - 17 (17.3%)
prefer tech name, e.g. factom, ion, ethereum, iota, epsilon - 15 (15.3%)
prefer explicit currency name, e.g. net⚷eys, neㄘcash, ᨇcash, mycash, bitoken, netoken, cyberbit, bitcash - 2 (2%)
problematic - 2 (2%)
offending / repulsive - 4 (4.1%)
project objectives unrealistic or incorrect - 10 (10.2%)
biased against lead dev or project ethos - 11 (11.2%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [neㄘcash, ᨇcash, net⚷eys, or viᖚes?] Name AnonyMint's vapor coin?  (Read 95218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:00:55 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 04:16:14 AM by TPTB_need_war

You sent me a PM a while ago about your debate with gmaxwel, the lead Bitcoin dev. I came and posted something to gmaxwel. gmaxwel has been a real gentleman, he was always a very nice guy and a fucking serious asset to Bitcoin, so of course I was interested in his opinion. On the other hand, I wanted to support you as well. gmaxwel replied me, as usual his post was interesting, intelligent and civil. By the time I was going reply to his post, of course, why not, you head got dizzy and you must needed to lock this thread, so I was unable to reply gmaxwel. No the thread is opened again. A usual mess around you.

The links to the thread that contains the debate between gmaxwell and myself has always been linked from an upthread post immediately after your post upthread.

And gmaxwell got his ass handed to him by myself in that debate on the Ogg container format for which he was the co-inventor of one of the key codecs:

Doing so would also increase the overhead for the format by 20% or so. As mentioned, accurate indexes are not small-- and many things compromise by just not providing accurate indexes; which then leaves applications linearly scanning or not permitting sample accurate seeking.

I assume the 20% estimate is only for when the optional index is present. So it is presumed someone would use an index only when that 20% was justified by their use case. Again I argue you should not remove degrees-of-freedom and hinder the optimization of use cases which you did not envision because no group or person is omniscient.

And how is not having the index any worse than not allowing an index. I fail to see the logic. Seems you are arguing that the receiving end will expect indexes and not be prepared for the case where indexes are not present. But that is a bug in the receiving end's software then. And in that case, there is no assurance that software would have done the index-less seeking more efficiently for the status quo of not allowing an index. None of this makes sense to me.

Also I don't understand how you calculate 20% increase in file size for adding an index. For example, lets take an average 180 second song consuming roughly 5MB for VBR encoding. Let's assume my users are satisfied with seeking in 1 second increments, so that means means I need at most 180 of 22-bit indices, so that is only 495 bytes which is only a 0.01% increase! On top of that I could even compress those 22-bit indices into relative offsets if I want to shrink it by roughly 75% to 0.0025%.

The reason I locked the thread is so I wouldn't have to waste my precious time responding to fucks who can't read such as this post from you. I quote myself:

I am closing this topic (at least until there is something other than a vaporcoin to talk about).

Please do not involve me anymore in your activities.

Why would I? Do you have programming skill I need? Have I contacted you over the past month or two? Sorry that you could not recruit me to become a developer for GadgetCoin. I did invest the time to talk to them and unfortunately there was no synergy. I have my own project to work on. Sorry if that makes you feel you were spurned or were not asked to invest as an angel investor. You can buy shares in the company like everyone else can when the shares are offered to the public. These are not crypto-currency tokens. The will be shares in the company and regulated as any such crowdfunded equity raise is. They are not transferable to crypto-currency tokens. I have maintained I will not promote a crypto-currency token here on this forum. I continue to maintain that pledge.

Organize your P&D with your "angel investors" - we know your P&D is coming.

There will be no P&D of cyrpto-currency tokens. We are selling shares in a company, not tokens. There is no masternode or centralized governance scheme for any tokens. None of the bullshit and scams.

What happened to you? You seem to be mentally unstable or simply lashing out because of not taking the time to read enough to understand what is going on? Try to get control of your rationality please. I'll forgive this one transgression but if repeats, I will just have to ignore you.

I have no idea why you would pretend to be nice and friendly to me for so many months and then suddenly write such venomous words. I didn't receive any private message from you over the past month asking me to unlock the thread or complaining about anything I had done. I can only assume you are frustrated but I don't know what obligation you feel I had to you that you feel you deserve to talk to me that way.

[Rant start.]

The Chinese influence in Bitcoin, the corrupt proxies of the fucking Chinese communist party officials in Bitcoin, the threat with regards to centralization which is obviously more a concern with the presence of the Chinese are anything but great help.

The Chinese, who never invented anything but the fucking umbrella - but ready to extort any Western ideas - brought nothing to Bitcoin but unethical and immoral greediness. They jumped on the Bitcoin bandwagon to make money. They do not care about decentralization nor they care about what decentralized crypto currencies could bring to society. The Chinese's moral, greedy attitude and respect to their fucking communist leaders is the oxymoron of Satoshi's libertarian project.

[Rant is over]

Oh I see you are just pissed off at the world today and taking it out me. Thanks.  Roll Eyes

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:52:05 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 03:01:15 PM by TPTB_need_war

Making my opinion about Synereo known. Please debate me in those threads, not here in my thread. Thanks.

Never heard of this coin but I'm still 99% sure it's just another shitcoin.

Agreed. You'll find links to my analysis in the other Synereo thread.

Why Just 99% sure?  Why aren't you 100% sure?

I am not even 100% sure I will live until tomorrow.

Seriously I know software development. I know how to detect which projects are capable. Synereo doesn't have the chops. I listened to their Hangouts and I studied the technology. I am quite confident this is just a scheme to sell a token to fund the math delusions of Greg Meredith.

I already explained they the economics they are proposing for a business model make no sense.

Sorry because I know readers do want to see a real decentralized alternative for social networking. And that is what I am working on. So yes my comments are biased. Synereo and my project are competitors. The difference is I did not launch a token before making the social network popular. I don't put the scam horse before the development cart.

Synereo is a vaporware P&D so keep that in mind

Synereo's beta will be released in a few weeks.

Just like Ethereum releases up to now, it will be software that doesn't work for anything real or meaningfully adoptable.

They are having fun inventing code that has no use case, because (as I had already explained) they don't even have the correct formulation of a use case economics and business model.

I will suggest you refer to my project's crowdfund to read the details on what I think a real business and ecosystem model is for this type of project.

I am less respectful than I would be, because they presold the AMP tokens. Thus for me it is scam just like Ethereum. That is my opinion. I don't hate them though. Afaik, they have not been egregiously deceptive, i.e. not like Dash.

Well, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but I don't agree with it.  There are quite a few people who also don't agree with it.  Imo, Synereo is a thousand times better than the centralized alternatives like Facebook and Twitter, and Synereo's business model makes much more sense than theirs.  I respect your intelligence, but you aren't the only "genius level" person on this forum.

Thanks. I will quote from my other reply to you and leave it at that. Good luck to them. May the best competitor win.

[...]

I will suggest you refer to my project's crowdfund to read the details on what I think a real business and ecosystem model is for this type of project.

I am less respectful than I would be, because they presold the AMP tokens. Thus for me it is scam just like Ethereum. That is my opinion. I don't hate them though. Afaik, they have not been egregiously deceptive, i.e. not like Dash.

Oh and yes, Greg is smart. And probably (almost certaintly) smarter than me at math.

This is the issue we are facing here with every coin, including Bitcoin. there probability of being used by a broad population is very low, but as bitcoin showed and still showing, as times passe the latter probability increase.
Don't forget that we are speaking about a disruptive innovation here, that is better in all ways that what we currently use.

Bitcoin started with a niche use case.

Synereo will go no where without one. Ditto every other altcoin.

… hence all the "it's not money, it's something else"/Blockchain as a Service-coins popping up, like ETH, Lisk, Waves and so on. I'm curious to see where this is going.

Yeah but those niches need to actually work technically and exist. We've done a thorough job of destructing ETH in the Ethereum Paradox thread. I did an initial analysis of Synereo's niche and afaics is based on flawed concepts such as the value of paying social network users to share which I think is entirely undesired and uneconomic for the same reason that ads have a reputation of being mostly spam (linked upthread).

I don't know enough about Lisk and Waves to comment meaningfully on them.

Well, if you take it all together, you can see that something is cooking...

r0ach, smooth, I, and some others think the only killer app of blockchains is probably currency because of the self-referential requirement of what a block chain can reach consensus on securely. Thus technically we think all the other crap won't work, unless it is using a centralized block chain and then what is the point of that?

Bitcoin locked up large $ transfers. Monero has locked up anonymity. I am going after micro-transactions.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:29:30 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 01:47:42 PM by TPTB_need_war

I've never seen you make any deep technical comments that would indicate to me you have strong programming skills. That is not to say that I know for sure you don't, but I just haven't seen any indication. Perhaps I missed those posts of yours if there were any.

Yes, I have programming skills, most likely more than you will ever have.

Bold claim with no evidence provided.

I saw very little from your codes...

You are making frequent comments about UI design and how skilled UI developer you are. In the meantime, your 1997 theme web site that promotes your previous (last?) software is still online, in fact you frequently quote that link during your debates. Now, any non-delusional software developer would understand how tragicomical is to claim great UI design skill and in the meantime display a fucking 1997 design theme on your website.

I think the Webarchive can confirm I made no significant changes to that website after I was attacked on Dec. 1, 1999, lost vision in my eye, and spent many months in surgeries to save the 95% blinded eye.

You are correct the site has not been updated. Not updating that website has no relationship to my coding skills. For you to make such a statement indicates you jump to irrational assessment based on insufficient data.

I spent 2001 - 2002 producing the last upgrade to CoolPage which added the Objects Windows, Applets, Events, etc.. We also created another website CoolPageHelp.com to teach these new features (and I forgot to renew the domain recently so that site is now gone except on the Web Archive). I had an offer from CoffeeCup to buy us out, but I declined and milked the sales for few more years. From 2003 on, I stopped working on that business, because I was in a maelstrom of problems with my ex and deciding where to live with kids and what to do with my life being blinded in one eye, having a failed marriage, two young kids which I was the one at home watching in 2002 in Texas, etc. The sales ceased entirely afair approximately 2010 but had dwindled to a trickle a couple years before.

I don't do day to day programming in the last 10 years. I have never worked on any crypto project nor I ever will (I am only the supporter of the great idea of Satoshi and super intelligent developers like gmaxwell and I have no plan to work on any crypto software), but based on what I have seen from you I predict, if I want, I can write a better software than you any time.

Yeah. Yeah. Ego is For Little People.

You are very smart, very articulate of course which indicates a very intelligent individual, you have lots of experience in technology and some in business, so of course you are better than the children who release all kind of shambles in this crypto screen including CfB the IOTA wanker who released 12 poorly written Java files in exchange for the $500K of the idiots who invested in IOTA, or I could say many other developers in this place who scams the idiots with not even mediocre software, but I am sure you would agree that the measure of skill is not to be better than these wankers are.

I think talk is cheap. All I know about you is your talk. I have posted my accomplishments on my LinkedIn. You are welcome to share yours on your profile. I have some small amount of crypto code on my GitHub already.

So I am sorry, even if you wanted I would never write software with you. If I write software then I deliver - you don't

Explain my resume of accomplishments then.  Huh

(The rest of your post is pretty much accurate and spot on. Yes, I hoped you will work with the GadgetCoin developers because they were struggling at the time, but it seems they have got their acts together and what you display here indicates anyway that you wouldn't be an asset to an ethical team. I am still friendly to you because you made valid and good points in many interesting topics, I understand you have a lot more good bone in your body than bad ones, it seems you are a very nice guy when you have a good mood, when your head is clear you contribute a lot to the crypto currency idea, but in the meantime you are building/maintaining relationship with scammers,

I presume you are referring to me helping TierNolan and jl777 on getting the correct design for decentralized exchange per the link I provided in my prior reply to you. I want DE to be available. If he is the first to implement it correctly, then he is. I don't understand how presenting the logic of the correct design to him and TierNolan means I am scamming  Huh I can't write in a thread where jl777 writes without being called a scammer  Huh By your logic then the well-respected TierNolan is associating with a scammer too.

you are forgiving and understanding with blatant scams like IOTA, LISK, etc., by saying that there is nothing wrong with them

You should review my post history over the past week or two. I have not minced my words w.r.t. to Iota.

I am not beholden to you. I am independent.

altcoinUK, I respectfully request you do not post in my thread again. I don't need the drama. Thanks. Good luck in all your endeavors.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:08:48 PM

Not updating that website has no relationship to my coding skills. For you to make such a statement indicates you jump to irrational assessment based on insufficient data.

And of course I never said it has. This is just your usual bullshitting. I said, it indicates how tragicomical is, and how delusional you are having such website and in the meantime you lecture other software engineers in 24/7 about UI design.

I can't erase the website from the Webarchive. Why do I have to erase coolpage.com in order to not be tragicomical. That makes no sense. I've moved on to other things as I explained to you.

Of course you deleted my post in order to keep bullshitting.

I quoted your venom. No need for two copies of it.

The rest about your skills and accomplishments are irrelevant.

Why don't you tell that to the 1 million users who downloaded CoolPage and 335,000 websites that were confirmed created by Altavista as of 2001. A one man company! Do you have any idea how much work that was!

Why don't you tell that to the Painter 3.1-J version which shipped a $million in its first month in Japan in the mid-1990s.

Why don't you tell that to EOS Systems and claim to them that the 3D Viewer work I did was "useless and irrelevant" in 1996.

Why don't you tell that to the 30,000+ users of my WordUp software in the 1980s, which if compared to internet distribution we have now was on the order of a million users.

And of course I saw your few Github files - that indicates nothing special at all.

You didn't look closely then or you probably don't even understand what is clever in that C code I wrote. And that is just local cleverness. You'd need to look at my larger code bases to see how I apply holistic design cleverness.

When a 51 years old software professional quotes his minuscular CSS standard contribution as a major accomplishment

Back when you were recruiting me, you were stating my reputation would be a boon to GadgetCoin. Now you are cutting me down to size eh.

Well I never claimed those were monumental contributions I made to the W3C. I do claim that they conflated the framing and data layers for WebSockets and didn't adhere to correct design principles which I argued for and made a technical proposal for.

then that says all about you.

Yep appears it does. Repeat offender of real world accomplishments.

Now, it is clear, all your talk and contribution is just to build up & market a professional profile for the next P&D. Your P&D is coming - after all you promised a P&D to your "angel investors" don't you

I have not done that. I will not do that. And this will be the last time you will post in my thread, because you are not writing rationally.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:11:43 AM

This is How We Do.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1424386.msg14427015#msg14427015

rangedriver, my health is improving significantly. Thank you! Hope it sustains.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:12:35 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2016, 07:29:26 AM by TPTB_need_war

Synereo pumper of presold AMP tokens for vaporware, wants to attack me already:

All Shelby has released is a drawing that puts him on track to be sued by Nintendo for trademark infringement.

A copyright owner can’t prove infringement by pointing to features of his work that are found in the defendant’s work as well but that are so rudimentary, commonplace, standard, or unavoidable that they do not serve to distinguish one work within a class of works from another.

The "stock" idea of working class hero, gaining abilities from powerups, and South European origin are however all usable.

Features of above logo:

✓ Wavy moustache
✓ Pointed eyebrows
✓ Eyes with misaligned pupils
✓ Semi-long nose
✓ Hair above a music headphone

I presume DecentralizeEconomics is alleging infringement on Wario?

✓ Jagged moustache
✓ Curved eyebrows
✓ Eyes with aligned pupils
✓ Stubbed nose
✓ Hair on the sides under a hat

The plaintiff rests.

Are you seriously sticking with the claim that no one can use a nose, eyeballs, eyebrows, and a moustache in a logo, because Nintendo used those features in one of their game characters  Huh

My logo sketch does not resemble Wario which has a hat. The features are all different.

By your logic, Nintendo is violating Paramount Pictures's intellectual property and Saddam Hussein's likeness:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluto

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:17:00 AM

While you all bicker and waste time & capital on useless altcoins, I have a bigger problem on my mind that I am trying to help the world avoid:

I chose to agree. This would be the single biggest issue that would cause an enslaving of nations.
thats why we need country fiat and bitcoin.

I thought we are already in this situation.

*Ahem the US dollar? last time I checked everyone loves it, despite its covered bad value.

So why would it recourse into another world reserve currency.

The difference will be that the new one-world reserve coming approximately 2020, will not be controlled by any nation, but rather by a world government body.

This will be viewed by the world as more fair. But in reality it will be much less fair, because the world government will act basically the way the Troika does in the EU now, lending to the nations and never letting them default. They will lend in the world currency, but the people will be paid in their nation's shit currency which is debased like hell by the national politics. So then when the national currency loses value, the people are stuck paying back loans in the relatively more expensive world currency.

This is precisely what the Troika did to the PIIGS to destroy them. They will then do this on a global scale to enslave us all.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:59:19 AM

Copy of a private message:

Quote from: myself
Subject: Oregano oil & sleeping

Back over here at 11:30am, after sleeping 10 hours, because brownout again at other main house. That was 4 times brownout yesterday. The drought has disabled the main power source here in Mindanao, the Pulangi Dam, and an emergency shutdown of a diesel generation plant has led to this sudden 4 hour rotating brownout schedule:

http://www.davaolight.com/

I am going to need to do something about this. So far, I am able to juggle between my two rental houses, since so far there is always power at one of them. But I lose 45 minutes in travel time back and forth. This is becoming a twice daily travel now.

The main impediment to even faster progress remains my health. My health is more stable and thus I am making more progress. When I say stable, I mean that most of the time now I am not entirely useless with foggy brain and head on the keyboard. Usually every day I can function for being at the computer for many hours. But it is not yet at the point where I have full power energy always. I only get that full blast energy on some days (maybe 1 a week or perhaps 2 sometimes) and usually only for a few hours of those day(s). That full blast energy is where I can do amazing productivity, because my thought process is so much sharper and clearer. With only low or moderate energy and slight aches here and there, my mind is muddled (not foggy but not sharp and able to solve deep puzzles with ease). I had that full energy nearly always during my entire life up until this illness. If I can get that full energy back, I will be able to really impress with my coding productivity.

That is what I am working on now, experimenting with the Oregano oil. I had been only digesting it (because I can't find the drops here only capsules) for past couple of weeks. That had seemed to make an improvement. Then yesterday I tried letting a capsule dissolve under my tongue because I've read that sublingual under the tongue is by far the most effective means of getting the key ingredients into the blood stream (whereas in the stomach acid they are mostly lost). I did that twice yesterday and again this morning @ 8am. It has made me so incredibly sleepy. I had been only able to sleep about 4 - 5 hours daily lately which was wearing me down and also indicating that I am not cured. The lack of sleep was a negative sign in otherwise mostly positive signs lately. So I am very encouraged that I slept 10 hours last night. I slept again from 8am to 11am after awaking to eat. I would have slept more (I'm still groggy now) except I was sweating so much without airconditioning due to the brownout which started @ 8am at the other house.

The one time I thought I was totally cured of this illness was in Sept/Oct 2012 when I slept always for about a week. All my symptoms were entirely gone. I was in Subic, taking a lot of vitamin D3, a gym rat every day, and eating the food for foreigners there. Upon returning to Davao, my bad symptoms started again. During 2013 when I lived in the very cold mountain at very high elevation, I slept a lot. And my symptoms were much more under control (except when I would exercise, then they would go bezerk), but I was slowly getting worse. When I returned to Davao City to live and started to work on crypto-currency Nov. 2013 and into 2014, I worsened. Then 2015, my health fell off the cliff after June. Basically I've been a zombie since Nov. 2012. I was already starting to experience this very low energy and chronic fatigue in 2010 and especially 2011. I had issues with fatigue every since the fateful event in 2006, but kicked into higher gear roughly 2010 and then acute after the May 2012 hospitalization for acute peptic ulcer.

So any way, back to the Oregano oil. If it is causing my body to be able to eradicate what ever infection is inside of me that is what I believe is the cause of my ailments, then perhaps that is why my body wants to sleep so much now. So that could be a very positive sign. If I can get the breakthrough to my full energy again, then we can really rock and roll even without a co-developer. If I can't get the full energy back, I can still be an effective leader and get some code done, but we will really depend on a superstar co-developer to be the most productive of the team.

Again remember I've been recently tested negative for HIV, Hepatitis B & C, Syphilis, pancreas & prostate cancer markers, and few others.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:45:31 AM

Gresham's law - all alts are dumped for BTC.  No stores will accept them until they get their own dollar pegs and then they might climb the ladder of store of value.

Good point. Note r0ach I think I will do something about this, but we will see...

58:00 - Block chains can't out perform Tx/sec of Visa w/o losing the trustless attribute. I will challenge him on that with my white paper and argue that we can't have the trustless attribute w/o scaling!

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:06:55 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2016, 09:59:43 AM by AlexGR

58:00 - Block chains can't out perform Tx/sec of Visa w/o losing the trustless attribute. I will challenge him on that with my white paper and argue that we can't have the trustless attribute w/o scaling!

They don't need to outperform them. Blockchains only need to get the job done.

Human transaction needs are finite. Meaning, that even if technology, whether centralized or decentralized, can process 10 trillion tx/sec, it's useless to us because we have, say, 10.000 tx/sec in terms of actual needs.

Now, technology went 1000x from 1995 to 2015, in terms of cpu, storage, ram, network bandwidth.

A 486 or Pentium PC, with 4-16mb ram, 1gb disk and 28kbps modem is now replaced with 1000x+ more powerful processor, gbytes of ram, terabytes of disk and mbps of network connection.

If we go another 1000x to 2035 and if we go yet another 1000x to 2055, then the current 5tx/s would be 5.000 and 5.000.000 in 2035 and 2055 respectively. And that's not accounting for

a) software optimizations
b) software exploiting the hardware better (SIMDs, GPUs etc)

So what we think of blockchains changes depending the time coordinates. If blockchains existed in their current form back in 1995 they would be a nice but useless thought experiment. In 2015 they are just starting to work in terms of hardware and in 2035 they'll probably be pulling more throughput than (current) visa - but even if visa can do 1000x by then it won't matter because there won't be 1000x more txs for them to handle due to finite consumer needs.

If the capabilities of the decentralized network scale more than performance increases in terms of hardware or software, then centralization occurs as a result to more specialized equipment and data centers.

If the capabilities of the decentralized network scale in sync with increases of hardware and software speed, then there is not much loss of decentralization. To give an example, if a 2035 pc and home connection can sustain a 5k tx/sec network with its storage, processing and bandwidth requirements, just like a 2015 pc can sustain a 5tx/sec network with its respective requirements, then there is no issue in terms of decentralization.

The above doesn't mean we must wait until 2035, or wait for hardware. There is work to be done in the software optimization level.

edit: fixed / thanks Smooth.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:32:50 AM

If we go another 1000x to 2035 and if we go yet another 1000x to 2055, then the current 5tx/s would be 50.000 and 50.000.000 in 2035 and 2055 respectively.

Off by a factor of 10 here, but that doesn't change your core argument.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:55:23 AM

Right, 5 -> 5k -> 5mn.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:25:41 AM

Nobody wants to use any of this shit, Bitcoin included.

Not entirely true. I used Bitcoin to receive funding/donations/loans and mostly not for HODLing. This was cross-border without hardly any fees and no need to know the identity of whom I was dealing with. We bypassed the bank wire tsuris.

Many have used Bitcoin to do "anonymous" activities.

Sorry I think you are wrong here smooth. Bitcoin has a use case for large value transfers. This is why I think Monero may have more value than people realize now.

Stores that accept Bitcoin usually do so via payment processors and auto-dump it. Accepting Bitcoin via payment processors is like an affiliate program for them; they don't care about the currency at all, it is just about traffic.

Agreed, but note they don't accept the other altcoins because the other altcoins don't provide that traffic (free advertising) boost and the altcoins aren't liquid enough to hedge to fiat they want to be paid in.

It just all doesn't serve any purpose that any sane mainstream person would care about, outside of a SHTF scenario.

Disagree. It is just that the use case is a fairly small % of the population. No one has yet focused on the masses use case. As you know, I am focused on that with my non-existent vaporware.

Trying design after design in a futile effort to chase "adoption" is churning investors to pay developer salaries. Bitshares investors are among the biggest suckers, since they paid (and I guess continue to pay, although I don't follow it closely) the Larimers to develop something which serves little to no purpose as decentralized crypto but can now be used as a vehicle to be paid again by banks for "blockchain".

Well I agree when they have no adoption and no viable plan to attain it. Bitcoin investors shouldn't pay for adoption until the adoption is already there.

That is my plan.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:27:29 PM

Brendan Eich better stick with his core competency of the programming language Javascript.

I see Rust ended up removing the Typestate system that Brendan was raving about, for the reasons I had stated and thus predicted.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:19:44 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 02:24:10 AM by TPTB_need_war

Sharing a private message:

Quote from: myself
Subject: April 10: programming language research update

First read this (and following the links) to get an inkling that I know about programming language design. I was doing a lot of research on PLD before I got into researching crypto-currencies in 2013.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.msg14488687#msg14488687

The main reason I am considering a different language for Apps is because Javascript is a really horrible low-level language, i.e. when manipulating data structures that are to be efficiently stored in memory and/or disk. And huge performance penalties for the garbage collection, lack of pointers, etc.. This is really important for games or any low-level code such as the crypto-currency wallets and server code. Although C/C++ code can be compiled to ASM.js Javascript with Emscripten (which is very near to the speed of native compiled code), C++ is a fugly complex legacy monstrosity nor does it have the features I'd like to see below. First-class lambda's in C++? Mixing C and Javascript code achieves the best of no worlds and is an inelegant, non-unified mashup.

One thing I really like about the latest ECMAScript is the coming support for generators and Promises, which enables writing really elegant asynchronous concurrency code, which I frankly think is superior for scaling concurrency (e.g. 1000s of requests to a web server for Node.js or even multiple concurrent operations on a client fetching data over the internet) than multi-threading because it avoids both the overhead of threads and the race conditions of re-entrant code. Reusable thread pools still have their role, e.g. even on Node.js. Unfortunately I know of no modern statically typed language that supports generators and Promises as a language construct, although I think the Akka library for Scaling accomplishes some of the same goals, perhaps less elegantly (will need to study more).

I really want drive towards my idea for maximum modularity and extensibility without refactoring (as I had explained last year on the Scaling google group) to remove the anti-pattern subclassing (or at least virtual inheritance) entirely and keep only subtyping of unions and intersections. By imploring separately implementable interfaces:

http://doc.rust-lang.org/book/traits.html  (Notice how HasArea can be implemented separately from Circle and Square)

And automating in the compiler the union and intersection of trail implementations (something Rust doesn't do, because it doesn't have first-class unions and intersections).

Ceylon has first-class union and intersections (even Haskell does not because it messes up global type inference), but apparently doesn't allow interfaces to implemented separately from the class they operate on:

http://ceylon-lang.org/documentation/1.2/tour/inheritance/ (notice the "satisfies interfacename" on the class declarations)

Conceptually I like Rust's memory deallocation model which avoids the need for garbage collection in many scenarios with just slightly more cognitive load on the programmer (although no experience with it in practice yet):

http://doc.rust-lang.org/book/ownership.html
http://doc.rust-lang.org/book/references-and-borrowing.html

Note the comments on Apple's new Swift language by the creator of Rust:

http://graydon2.dreamwidth.org/5785.html

Btw, Go sucks as a replacement for C++ templates and anyone using that doesn't understand well modern Generics programming language design, which includes Ethereum:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_%28programming_language%29#Notable_users
http://yager.io/programming/go.html
http://jozefg.bitbucket.org/posts/2013-08-23-leaving-go.html

Also the marriage of a GC with what is intended to be a low-level systems programming language seems to be a mismatch:

http://jaredforsyth.com/2014/03/22/rust-vs-go/

So the conclusion thus far is there is no language on earth that meets my requirements. If I wanted to take a baby-step with the least effort, perhaps adopting Rust or writing a lexer translator (no AST parser, if possible) from my designed minimal syntax that is supported by Rust. Then later adding first-class unions and intersections either to Rust or a new dedicated compiler.

One problem is Rust doesn't output Javascript, so no way to interopt with Node.js on the server-side (for the server code we need, not for Apps). So it would require writing new libraries to provide similar functionality (which may already exist). The ARM support for Rust is not fully mature:

http://doc.rust-lang.org/book/getting-started.html

Forget JVM languages because the numerical stack and lack of precisely sized (and unsigned!) data types is a pita!

Edit: appears that Rust doesn't offer variance annotations on type polymorphism parameters (aka generics), unless it is detecting the variance from usage and enforcing the inability of a type polymorphism parameter to be simultaneous more than one of invariant, covariant, and contravariant; and such detection would be impossible for traits since they are multiple implemented.

Edit#2: Rust doesn't need variance annotations because it has virtually no subtyping nor apparently subclassing. The absence of first-class unions and intersections means we can't construct subtypes orthogonal to subclasses.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:48:19 PM

I've been taking more Oregano oil past 2 days or so. Up to 8 times per day. Today I was able to run 4.8 kms (2 times 2.4 kms first in noon tropical swelting heat, then in the evening tropical swamp heat) and did 200 pushups today. Yesterday evening I did barbell workout for my shoulders. I was able to sleep 6 hours last night then 3 hours this afternoon. Problem lately had been the inability to sleep more than 5 hours per night.

I feel I may be making some progress on my health. Still not where I need it to be (still have limitations and downtime due to this illness), but perhaps nearing a breakthrough. I hope!

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:37:30 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 02:12:09 AM by TPTB_need_war

Private discussion about my programming language post above:

Well you mentioned 'apps' there, I'm not sure what is meant by that but if it means something created by a large community of not necessarily experts, many of which may be relatively simple, then JavaScript or something JavaScript-like is probably the way to go.

There is not really anything else that is popular enough that so many area already comfortable with it and accessible enough to a wide audience. Apple only got away with this for iOS apps (with Objective C) because iOS was an extreme hit product. Even then Android's use of better-known Java was probably a factor that helped it catch up in the app race.

But I don't know the context really.

Availability of libraries is critically important in current development. It is impossible to achieve good productivity in many current application spaces without being able to draw on libraries. Many of the minority languages just fail there in actual practice, whatever there design merits (making them largely at the hobby stage where people can continue to build libraries and hopefully make them useful). This applies especially to languages that aren't JVM based since native FFIs tend to be a huge PITA.

Regarding JVM unsigned, I thought Scala had unsigned, but I never looked that carefully? It is indeed a huge PITA in Java to do low level work because of that.

I was thinking more about technical feedback, than market adoption feedback. If you want to add that, that is welcome.

Nevertheless, this is a good point obviously that I should also analyze.

One of the very significant issues, is that I am very tired of coding in the languages which are shit. For example, I have become (at least initially) convinced that asynchronous concurrency model is superior to multithreading for most scenarios that I need to code, but Javascript such a PITA to code low-level with. I ran into this issue on the first attempt to start coding my crypto-currency in Node.js. I can code in mixture of C (or C++) employing Emscripten and Javascript, but there are still significant pain points and lack of unification. Also still need to use transcoders for some features in some browser versions on the client (for wallet code). If I switched to coding the entire thing in C++ to gain for example generics via templates, I lose elegant first-class functions and gain C++'s fugly complexity+corner cases, have to transcode with Emscription, and then don't have good debugging support because I can't test the C++ with Node.js without transcoding.

I am also confirming from many cases, that subclassing appear to be an anti-pattern and that there is a lack of extensibility by the inability to emulate Haskell's orthogonal interface and data (i.e. Typeclasses and algebraic data types), yet we need also first-class unions and intersections to retain subtyping of them and the compiler needs to automagically code the mashups of the interface implementations for the intersection for each function. No language on earth appears to do this, and this afaics would radically improve modular, no-refactor extensible code.

Garbage collection is another beast that impacts performance, and Rust's new paradigm for smart pointers looks like possibly a huge winner. No other language has that afaik.

Regarding Apps, I need the compiler to be super fast and eventually ameniable to JIT compilation, because I want these Apps to run instantly as downloaded in real-time over the Internet (as opposed to installed). Yet these Apps (such as games) will still need low-level capabilities, so the issues of Javascript apply. Although many games are written in C++, C++ is a fugly PITA of a language and a complex compiler that afaik isn't that fast. Also we can forget JVM languages for this reason too; and although apparently Google has put a lot of effort into making Davlik fast and incremental compilation, it still sucks worse than Hotspot which also sucked for quick start compared to Javascript.

Rust appears to have everything except the first-class intersections and also the compilation targets and modularity of compilation targets may be badly conflated into the rest of the compiler (haven't looked, but just wondering why the fuck they didn't leverage LLVM?).

Technical thoughts in that context?

As for adoption, as in all things if you create a significantly better mousetrap that is open source, then the resources come to you if it is needed by the market. If it is not very much needed, then creating a new language will fail. Rust appears to have at least two features which are significantly needed:

1. Higher performance compilation stage "smart" pointers to avoid GC without overhead and corner cases of runtime incremented/decremented smart pointers.

2. Eliminated subclassing, but unfortunately didn't enable subtyping via first-class intersections.

I guess investigating the source code of Rust might be a next step, to see if it is good base to improve upon. Perhaps since they didn't plan to support first-class intersections and given they removed Typestate, their typing model may be a mess. And also the potential concern about the modularity of the compilation targets (and remember I am targeting quick start JIT eventually).

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:06:46 AM

Personally I'm absolutely amazed how such a weird language like c, that was intended to write ...OPERATING SYSTEMS, has been used to this day to write ...applications.

There's too much code that needs to be written but there won't be many programmers to write it with all those piece of shit languages that turn people away from coding. There needs to be a breakthrough in terms of what a language is. Not the same old, same old with slightly different syntax and features.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:16:02 AM

Personally I'm absolutely amazed how such a weird language like c, that was intended to write ...OPERATING SYSTEMS, has been used to this day to write ...applications.

Are you a programmer AlexGR? I understood from the other thread discussion we had that you mostly aren't, but not sure.

You will find that if you look at applications written in C they are built up using layers of libraries. By the time you get to what might be called the business logic (although a "business" might not necessarily be involved -- this is a term of art) you are barely using C any more, just a bunch of library calls where almost every language ends up being almost identical.

I'm not a fan C for larger team projects because the process of building up your own libraries on top of libraries is difficult to express in a constant and reliable way. Not impossible, but difficult. It tends to work better for a project written and maintained by one person or perhaps a very small group

I think, though I'm not sure, that most C coding these days (which still seems to be quite popular) is indeed system programming, firmware for devices, performance-critical callouts from other languages (Python for example), etc. But I have few if any sources for that, and it may be completely wrong.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:17:54 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 05:01:21 AM by TPTB_need_war

What about targeting Chrome NaCl? Maybe the languages you want to use don't support it as a target, which would mean an ugly intermediate step. It is not clear to me how you do anything else in a browser other than JavaScript, although maybe your target is your own client and not existing web browsers?

I want to replace the browser. Its time for the browser to die as an App platform.

If you want a combination (i.e. compromise) of modern language features and maturity and platform support, it is probably hard to beat Scala overall, though you are stuck with JVM+JavaScript as targets I guess. You basically have to give up one or the other to move beyond that. Erlang is another one that seems to have a bit of maturity, but I haven't used it. Haskel seems very interesting but unusable in practice given the lack of platform maturity.

I've become convinced Martin Odersky doesn't understand that subclassing is an anti-pattern. I'm abandoning Scala.

Edit: obviously open source because I can't (even if 100% healthy) code all that by myself.

Edit#2: Last year Martin asked me to stop discussing my ideas on the Scala language google group about eliminating subsclassing.

It appears he doesn't want to simplify by throwing away unncessary anti-patterns. The coming Scala 3 Dependent Object Calculus is about unification of subclassing with abstract types. Scala will forever be a complexity PITA.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: