Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:12:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin?  (Read 83055 times)
Hashminers

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:11:30 PM

I think the halving is very good for the holders that have a bitcoin in their wallet because they can make a lot of money with the halving that is coming, but for the miners it will be bad because they will not get a lot more bitcoins after it and they will not gain bitcoins easy anymore so that is pretty bad for them.
For the most people the bitcoin halving will be a very good thing because they can make a lot of profit because of it.
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:12:16 PM

we all dont know until the halving begin,so i just can guess what will happen,many people said when bitcoin halving come,bitcoin price will raise up so high,but its not expert statement,some expert cannot predict what exactly will happen after bitcoin halving.
All this is temporary. Price rise will be influenced by halving of block.
But real rise can happen only with more users of bitcoins.
This will happen over time , i don't expect sudden bum.
Sugarape

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:06:19 PM

Depends on what happens. I think it will be good if the price skyrockets (which it should) as that will get bitcoin mentioned in the media again and hopefully get more laggards on board, but if it crashes back down soon after in will come all the negative press attention about it becoming another bubble. Hopefully the price will rise and stabalise pretty nicely and avoid a crash.
jkrules

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:50:43 PM

Depends on what happens. I think it will be good if the price skyrockets (which it should) as that will get bitcoin mentioned in the media again and hopefully get more laggards on board, but if it crashes back down soon after in will come all the negative press attention about it becoming another bubble. Hopefully the price will rise and stabalise pretty nicely and avoid a crash.

According to my knowledge, when halving will be good for bitcoin. well bitcoin prices will rise,and therefore I now continue to buy bitcoin and I make more profit by that.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:23:21 PM

A lot people expect the price to shoot up to very high price levels, but there is a small possibility that the price will only show a slight increase. It's a scenario that you must not forget. No matter how small the chance is, it can always happen. I am already happy with the price staying just above $600 after the block halving.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:40:57 PM

A lot people expect the price to shoot up to very high price levels, but there is a small possibility that the price will only show a slight increase. It's a scenario that you must not forget. No matter how small the chance is, it can always happen. I am already happy with the price staying just above $600 after the block halving.

Yeah i heard people talking about a rise to 800 dollars. Let's just wait and see what will happen.
At this moment i dont' believe the price is the biggest thing happening for bitcoin.

Either the blocksize increase or adoption should be key now.
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 11:52:48 PM

At this moment i dont' believe the price is the biggest thing happening for bitcoin.

Most people are not a tech geek that give a shit about the blocksize debate, all they need is a high price to show that this thing is alive. Low price means that it is not valuable therefore if you want to force an adoption than simply start from the price, if the price is getting higher and higher then most people will finally notice it
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:21:09 AM

Most people are not a tech geek that give a shit about the blocksize debate, all they need is a high price to show that this thing is alive. Low price means that it is not valuable therefore if you want to force an adoption than simply start from the price, if the price is getting higher and higher then most people will finally notice it

Hey! I`m offended. jk.

Yup, price is the only thing that should matter to people, so it shows we can pay our damn bills with it lol. And continue to do things with it, imagine if it went back to horrible price point that would really suck.

At the end of the day we are only here to profit, lets be honest lol.

Muhtaixa

Activity: 1022
Merit: 306

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:34:59 PM

According to my knowledge, when halving will be good for bitcoin. well bitcoin prices will rise,and therefore I now continue to buy bitcoin and I make more profit by that.

The halving will make the current supply of bitcoin scarce, so make it more valuable. So the price will rise.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:21:05 PM

As the title says, is the halving good or bad for the price of bitcoin?

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...

I think it will good for the price of bitcoin. But not really high, i'm sure the price of bitcoin will increase after halving. and more people will start using bitcoin too.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:36:16 PM

For miners i think it is good for miners also with us it is bad news also for other compitators.
Halving ended is the best for those who waiting to mine to be profitable also for those who waiting for the price increase to sell their bitcoins after halving..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
mu77aL

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 05:55:08 PM

i guess it gonne be hard for miners. but therem will also be a big price increase.. i hope  Grin
coinzat

Activity: 434

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:10:17 PM

I think halving is important for the life of bitcoin to keep the block mining reward for the longest period of time, without halving, all 21million btc would be mined in few years only.
About the halving affect on mining, if the price did not rise, their profit will decline but they will not stop mining
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:30:16 PM

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...
i think the halving will give good effect for bitcoin,no more mistake like big fee or dlaying transaction so long,and bitcoin halving also will good for bitcoin price,bu i can make sure how much the price gonna rise.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:37:16 PM

What's your verdict?

i think the halving will give good effect for bitcoin,no more mistake like big fee or dlaying transaction so long,and bitcoin halving also will good for bitcoin price,bu i can make sure how much the price gonna rise.

Bitcoin halving will give good price increase as said by above mate. In future due to the advancement in internet connections the transactions and confirmation s will be made quick than now.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
maxj57634

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:37:57 PM

The halving will be good for bitcoin as it is part of its system to increase its value every halving.
Halving brings less and less bitcoin in every mine so the supply will be less each passing halve.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 06:59:12 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 07:17:53 AM by Amph

The halving will be good for bitcoin as it is part of its system to increase its value every halving.
Halving brings less and less bitcoin in every mine so the supply will be less each passing halve.

only the mining supply will be less, the bitcoin supply will keep growing, this is a common misconception about the halving
Akupuniard

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 07:30:32 PM

I don't really know good it or bad for bitcoin but i know that it's so bad for miners. A lot of miners will be out of game after halving. Still want to know what price will be after halving.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:19:08 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 10:56:17 AM by Amph

only the mining supply will be elss the bitcoin supply will keep growing, this is a common misconception about the halving

I agree with you, but I feel that "mining supply" is a poor term and "production" is better. In the case of bitcoin, "production" is the rate of change in the supply and that is what is halved, not the supply itself.

Depending on the context, "supply" means the number of bitcoins for sale at any particular price, or the total number of bitcoins. Since there is no difference between recently mined bitcoins and all the rest of the bitcoins, "mining supply" is misleading, and I think that using the term "supply" this way confuses people.

how can we call this? i think mined supply it's correct, it's the amount of coin produced per day, we can call it "new coin produced supply", but sound redundant and too long
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:42:58 AM

That is hard to say, because you never know what will happen with the value later and that is the problem.
It is a currency so you never know what will happen and that can be quite risky. But I think it will not rise after the halving.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: