Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:46:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin?  (Read 83053 times)
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:26:49 PM

That is hard to say, because you never know what will happen with the value later and that is the problem.
It is a currency so you never know what will happen and that can be quite risky. But I think it will not rise after the halving.

I too feel the same the price will give a big jump on halving. After the halving the price won't continue to increase. We can make speculations but we can't exactly fix what would happen on halving.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
haileysantos95

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:32:04 PM

That is hard to say, because you never know what will happen with the value later and that is the problem.
It is a currency so you never know what will happen and that can be quite risky. But I think it will not rise after the halving.

I too feel the same the price will give a big jump on halving. After the halving the price won't continue to increase. We can make speculations but we can't exactly fix what would happen on halving.

For us small timer in using bitcoin we can only speculate things but for the whales and chinese miners they already have a plan and they know what will happen to the price of bitcoin
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:40:29 PM

Everyone is very hyped, I think it's a very safe bet to go and buy a lot of Bitcoin now and expect it to go higher in the next 2 months. I think the pump will not be right at the halving day, it will be 3 or 4 days before or after. How high? no one knows, sky is the limit in a tiny 6 billion marketcap asset like Bitcoin is now.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:48:48 PM

In my opinion the halving for the bitcoin is very good because of this many people step in the bitcoin itself.
They are investing in it because they are believing the bitcoin is profitable and its true bit you will need some patience.
Its all a matter of time, the halving will be good and let the price rise for sure.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 04:36:06 PM

It is impossible to answer this question.
In fact this question is too evasive...
Good or bad for what?
Good or bad for who?

I believe it is not good and not bad for bitcoin...it is just...(lol) ...what people want and believe.

BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 06:03:47 PM

I don't know about bitcoin but i know that the halving is bad for miners. Miners are first who welcome to deny halving. But halving is good for traders and people who holding coins for price increase i think.

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:09:15 PM

The halving is part of bitcoins since the begining ,if the miners liked it no ,for sure no.But the halving is a tool that makes bitcoin get a pression to make the price gets bigger soo its a usefull tool ,this halving should make the price jump to 600 dollars atleast till end of the year.Without the halving i believe we would be at 300 dollars or 400 end year.
LarryHocks

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:20:52 AM

That is really hard to say but we are all hoping that Bitcoin will be more worth and that can be very good. I hope that more people will have Bitcoin.
But you never know what can happen with the value after the halving. But I think personally that it will not rise that much after that.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:55:26 PM

About bitcoin's growth or price jump on halving can't be predicted exactly. We can make rough predictions. Only time give us the answer. Lets hope for the best.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:02:28 PM

I don't know about bitcoin but i know that the halving is bad for miners. Miners are first who welcome to deny halving. But halving is good for traders and people who holding coins for price increase i think.

if the price goes up high enough after the block rewards have been decreased to 12.5btc, then the miners won't complain at all. if the price stays at current price level, then still the large mining farms can make profit. it will be the smaller miners that will feel the pain if the price doesn't go up much. these miners will most likely leave temporarily. they will come back once the price goes up again.
makingwin1

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:56:53 PM

As the title says, is the halving good or bad for the price of bitcoin?

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...

i am pretty sure that it is bad for miners, but good for users so it is good for bitcoin too,  i mean price of bitcoin will have to rise, so higher price of bitcoin is always good for bitcoin, also more people will buy and use bitcoins after halving so it will be very good for bitcoin
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:34:29 AM

if the price goes up high enough after the block rewards have been decreased to 12.5btc, then the miners won't complain at all. if the price stays at current price level, then still the large mining farms can make profit. it will be the smaller miners that will feel the pain if the price doesn't go up much. these miners will most likely leave temporarily. they will come back once the price goes up again.
Its hard to say. Because you never know what will happen with Bitcoin and you can see now that the value also is rising.
I dont think that it will be good for Bitcoin, but also not that bad. The value will be stable and that is all what is going to happen. Or maybe it will rise very slowly, you never know.

BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 06:55:33 PM

About bitcoin's growth or price jump on halving can't be predicted exactly. We can make rough predictions. Only time give us the answer. Lets hope for the best.

Eveybody know that halving is unpredictable. Why people keep wirting dodgy answers?

MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:15:13 PM

Well its good for the normal people that have invested in the bitcoin and are holding there bitcoins for a price increase.
But for the mining people its very bad because mining will be a lot more difficult than every before.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:21:42 PM

Well its good for the normal people that have invested in the bitcoin and are holding there bitcoins for a price increase.
But for the mining people its very bad because mining will be a lot more difficult than every before.

Mining should be more difficult by the time, that's why the miners should always be up to date with their mining rigs, if the bitcoin price increases then it is good for all (for holders and for miners).
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 07:27:22 PM

If believe strongly that you are right...then buy as much you can BTC
But you are not so much sure...tell it costs you nothing...
when I say invest for free in my U2cloudmining system for free and be sure making profit people explose and say I'm a scammer(the proof is my red trust points)
But saying that the BTC price will increase can be said in full inpunity...
In reality...as soon as the "mass" will awake and buy BTC and the BTC price will increase for this...the clever traders will sell and let you with your BTC...bought for high...think about.

7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:36:15 PM

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...

U think that it is very good for bitcoin because price will rise, and when price of bitcoin rises of course that it is very good for bitcoin

Just i am afraid that after halving price of bitcoin will fall because everyone will sell them
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 07:39:00 PM

What's your verdict?

U think that it is very good for bitcoin because price will rise, and when price of bitcoin rises of course that it is very good for bitcoin

Just i am afraid that after halving price of bitcoin will fall because everyone will sell them

I do not buy BTC...but if it increases to much for my opinion...I sell all my own BTC...of course not my members'BTC.

Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:53:26 PM

I expect good and hope for good
i don't think it will be bad we all need to think positive on this

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
bitboy11

Activity: 534

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:04:43 PM

The Rock says "It doesn't matter!" Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: