Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:41:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a better payment system?  (Read 1975 times)
Socioman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 03:55:48 AM

I think bitcoin is not currently being used as a payment system not because it is a bad payment system. The problem is that bitcoin is not popular enough.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CyM99

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:59:52 AM

If the disadvantages such as high cost, take a lot of time, then I think the advantages of bitcoin is very great. It is widely available and easy to pay, we can trade anywhere in the world, so we can not deny the advantages that it brings to the user.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:22:19 AM

The answer is that it often is not, at least for most people, most of the time. Eventually it will be the best payment system, but it needs to develop further, gain more adoption, and get over the scaling obstacles. Even so, Bitcoin is already the best payment system for certain use-cases, such as sending money across borders, or receiving money from someone you don't trust (which helps further in cross-border transactions).

True. Bitcoins and blockchain technology has a lot of growing up to do to compete with the top dogs of money remittances. I think bitcoins may be the perfect ones to transfer with once all the problems are settled like the slow transfer rate and the transaction fees.

setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:50:55 AM

The answer is that it often is not, at least for most people, most of the time. Eventually it will be the best payment system, but it needs to develop further, gain more adoption, and get over the scaling obstacles. Even so, Bitcoin is already the best payment system for certain use-cases, such as sending money across borders, or receiving money from someone you don't trust (which helps further in cross-border transactions).

To be honest, bitcoin is good currency if many country around the accept bitcoin as payment. Its more safe and we can carry around the world without have to exchange it to other currency. If many merchant can accept bitcoin, that will attracting tourist or people spend their bitcoin for shopping and that will increasing economic growth
Quicksilver143

Activity: 110

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:57:44 AM

Bitcoin is not the best payment system because it has something to improve, it has a low processing speed. There is some faster than btc as payment system such as eth. I guess bitcoin should do some innovations and fixing some issues about bitcoin is important. Though it is not the best payment system, it is one of the best cryptocurrency.  Shocked
neerajmittaljii

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:00:56 AM

Refunds are perfectly possible with Bitcoin. In this case it doesn't depend on Bitcoin itself, but the applications being used as payment gateway. BitPay, which is the most popular payment gateway right now, allows refunds too.
Ingramtg
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:17:44 AM

I can't say that right now! But I'm sure bitcoin system was trying to reach its own potential. Bitcoin is in the infancy stage it's still in the process of developing there are many things to polish and accomplish in their in order to be effective. I can't say that it is a better payment system but the right time will come but now  they should focus on their transaction. The high transaction fees and slow transaction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  All
  Print  

Jump to: