Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ?  (Read 173015 times)
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:24:51 AM

hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Any suggestions are welcome  Smiley

Regards
you can try to focus on new things such as games, blogging and more
focus into something new is very good, it will make much of a gamble, even forgotten. maybe you can focus on your school, or at work, so you can forget about gambling for a while

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:20:24 PM

hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Regards
I think a gambler would never start blogging or such really Tongue . I think he needs to take long rest from internet like for example say 1 month and then you can come back and enjoy, this is the way most people avoid this addiction.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:42:28 PM

hi

Regards
I think a gambler would never start blogging or such really Tongue . I think he needs to take long rest from internet like for example say 1 month and then you can come back and enjoy, this is the way most people avoid this addiction.

well, blogging is more of a hobby and a lot of people enjoy doing it.
i have been getting into writing a blog myself recently, and it is just like a hobby that i enjoy doing, and that is only because i have interest in it.

but others might find it boring and they can choose so many other hobbies, the important thing is to replace gambling (if it is turning into an addiction only) with a hobby.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:42:06 PM

hi

Regards

staying away from bitcoins may look tricky at first look, but it is pretty easy if you're ready for this - just don't think about gambling at all, if you will keep your minds from it, you will stop gambling, so out with friends or go to a gym, do anything that you like and i am sure that you will quit gambling
I don't think I would ever make it if I were asked to leave Bitcoin. Well, I have invested quite a lot in Bitcoin, and I'm not ready to leave Bitcoin at the moment, to be honest. I could quit gambling, but Bitcoin, no. If you want to distract yourself from gambling, you should travel to new places or do some exercise. It works for me every single time.

No, he is not talking about leaving bitcoin, he is talking about staying away from gambling, he has written “staying away from bitcoin” in the first sentence but it is by mistake, if you read the his remaining post you will find that it is written by mistake.
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 04:50:47 PM

hi

Regards

staying away from bitcoins may look tricky at first look, but it is pretty easy if you're ready for this - just don't think about gambling at all, if you will keep your minds from it, you will stop gambling, so out with friends or go to a gym, do anything that you like and i am sure that you will quit gambling
[1]I don't think I would ever make it if I were asked to leave Bitcoin. Well, I have invested quite a lot in Bitcoin, and I'm not ready to leave Bitcoin at the moment, to be honest. I could quit gambling, but Bitcoin, no. [2]If you want to distract yourself from gambling, you should travel to new places or do some exercise. It works for me every single time.

No, he is not talking about leaving bitcoin, he is talking about staying away from gambling, he has written “staying away from bitcoin” in the first sentence but it is by mistake, if you read the his remaining post you will find that it is written by mistake.
Well, I did reply to his post, though. I have marked [1] and [2].
[1] is the response to his 'mistake' and [2] is about staying away from gambling.

Life sucks.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:04:10 PM

hi

Regards

I don't think I would ever make it if I were asked to leave Bitcoin. Well, I have invested quite a lot in Bitcoin, and I'm not ready to leave Bitcoin at the moment, to be honest. I could quit gambling, but Bitcoin, no. If you want to distract yourself from gambling, you should travel to new places or do some exercise. It works for me every single time.

Some people will never leave gambling fully, it's better in some cases that you gradually decrease the rating of your gambling activities until you reach a point where the money you are gambling with is just irrelevant and doesn't have a big impact on your monthly expenses. This is what I did and now I never have any problems because I lose small amounts of money that I can afford to lose.
gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:01:32 PM

hi

Regards

Some people will never leave gambling fully, it's better in some cases that you gradually decrease the rating of your gambling activities until you reach a point where the money you are gambling with is just irrelevant and doesn't have a big impact on your monthly expenses. This is what I did and now I never have any problems because I lose small amounts of money that I can afford to lose.

Yeah always gamble for fun and gamble with amount that you can afford to loose, as if you get addicted towards then it will definitely create huge financial losses in future.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:19:41 PM

its hard to stay away in gambling when you start to addicted on that..
you have to this control your self..
playing sports you like or do some good make focus your self to your work Smiley
Sometimes that is the problem, people tend to think that gambling is actually a little bd habit, but trust me gambling ruins more than other bad hobbies. So, better take it seriously and consult the required person like many suggested in past pages.
If you focus your time to other productive things like sports or work, I think you will not have time anymore to gamble or it will be limited. If you continue on sports, you will soon forget about gambling. This is a good way to quit gambling, replace it with a better hobby. It does not have to sports. It could be anything that you like and beneficial to yourself.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:44:42 PM

its hard to stay away in gambling when you start to addicted on that..
you have to this control your self..
playing sports you like or do some good make focus your self to your work Smiley
Sometimes that is the problem, people tend to think that gambling is actually a little bd habit, but trust me gambling ruins more than other bad hobbies. So, better take it seriously and consult the required person like many suggested in past pages.
If you focus your time to other productive things like sports or work, I think you will not have time anymore to gamble or it will be limited. If you continue on sports, you will soon forget about gambling. This is a good way to quit gambling, replace it with a better hobby. It does not have to sports. It could be anything that you like and beneficial to yourself.

Yeah it is about dividing your attention towards interesting things like work, cinema or sport. Just get yourself some hobbies. The best possible hobby would be something where there is sport with competition so you can give all when exercising it.
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:48:51 PM

With some people shock therapy works: Do a gamble with a ton of money, lose it, then you will be too depressed to ever gamble again, or at least not gamble again in years. This worked with me and haven't gambled since then.

What if you win, then you'll dig deeper into your addiction? This is good idea though, if you lose. And I hope the person recovers from his depression too after that great loss. I think this could be the last option if all others fail.

Whether win or not but waiting for losing everything will be an bad idea and it will too late because by than all money wasted so instead of waiting for losing all your money, you can just find a some real good friends to spend most of your free time or try to spend your time with family members. Also try to spend your time most of the outside than your mind will refresh and you may slowly forget about your gambling habit.
uname

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:03:36 AM

Gambling will always good for those who always gamble,the better if you always win the worst if you have a bad history of gambling
better stay away for this gambling sites and go for trading and investment or earn through  signature campaigns.
people have a will of their own to go or not of bitcoin. if he is not willing to go. then in any way. they will not be able to get out of gambling.
so if you want to stay away from gambling. you must intend by it

blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:49:31 AM

The best way to avoid gambling is reducing your bet size and ultimately end playing with free coins or play money.
I don't think it could cure you and stay away from gambling. I think if you want to get out. You have to forget about gambling and did not play again dude ?
if you gamble even with free bits or giveaway. I'm afraid that if you're out of control and use your real money to gamble
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:23:13 AM

Gambling will always good for those who always gamble,the better if you always win the worst if you have a bad history of gambling
better stay away for this gambling sites and go for trading and investment or earn through  signature campaigns.

It's all matter of luck, neither good nor bad...
You need to decide whether you want to play or stay away...
You can stop gambling by sticking to something you love the most, just think of them and I bet you won't be gambling anymore...
Just think to save for them and you will be able to control yourself...

Hashminers

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:59:05 AM

You will have to find a other hobby that keeps you busy so you will not have to think about gambling. Talk to some people close to you and ask them to help you with your gambling situation.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:23:20 AM

You will have to find a other hobby that keeps you busy so you will not have to think about gambling. Talk to some people close to you and ask them to help you with your gambling situation.

If the one gambling is not addicted yet this could apply to him but if he or she is really are addicted then it is not plausible anymore to suggested such things because an addicted person is very helpless when it comes from his addiction and needs proper attention.
krunox123

Activity: 756

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 10:46:44 AM

If the one gambling is not addicted yet this could apply to him but if he or she is really are addicted then it is not plausible anymore to suggested such things because an addicted person is very helpless when it comes from his addiction and needs proper attention.
Nothing is too hard or too easy to turn something not possible to possible. It is just a matter of time and their will to accomplish the task. Well, if they don't want to be helped, it is their choice. We can't do anything about it.

Life sucks.
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:11:27 AM

Yup some people tend to pretend that they don't need the help of others. The primary key when you want to change is your will to change. Will drives you to do things that you yourself will be surprised that you did that. That you've come past a challenge and changed yourself.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:18:03 AM

Yup some people tend to pretend that they don't need the help of others. The primary key when you want to change is your will to change. Will drives you to do things that you yourself will be surprised that you did that. That you've come past a challenge and changed yourself.

I agree with this post. You must be willing to stay away, you must discipline yourself, don't do anything related to gambling. Gambling has been the problem of many people in this forum. Just seek help from others also, because they might help you base on their experienced in life. You don't need to be ashamed of that kind of addiction because there's no disease that has no cure in this planet.
Eroanwan

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:19:59 AM

The best thing that you can do is just find some distractions with other things, and you should know that the chance of winning is very low and that it is hard to win some money prizes with gambling, but not everyone knows that.
You must do things that like to do and that will be also much cheaper and better than gambling, gambling is wasted money.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:21:40 AM

Nothing is too hard or too easy to turn something not possible to possible. It is just a matter of time and their will to accomplish the task. Well, if they don't want to be helped, it is their choice. We can't do anything about it.

Yup! it is on a person if he really wants to change but it is very hard for them if they are really addicted to gambling and I think they can help them selves if their family will really help them by getting a psychiatrist and a good facility rehab and I think it will be very expensive for them if they truly want the person to really change.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: