Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:34:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon's A4 Dominator, 1.2W/Mhs 14nm ASIC and miner, open for Partners  (Read 48989 times)
vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:20:13 PM

The images on the Aliexpress page look like A2 images.  The description says the A4 prototype won't be available until July.  So what is pictured is not one of the prototypes.  This is a "pre-order" for still unbuilt equipment.  Also from what I have read Innosilicon does not do preorders.  So this person selling either must have a standing order and commitment for a bulk order or he/she is taking wild liberties on the price and number he will have available to sell. 

Thanks for the link.  It at least has a bunch of us all talking and thinking about doing really stupid stuff like a bulk preorder...  Yes, we are that crazy!  I personally am going to wait until something firms up and then figure out where in the world I would put more miners or get more electricity to run them! ROFL

What I think has happened is that based on the ever decreasing chip density per device and efficiency of the cards, one of the early adopter partners has pulled out of the deal (remember they were seeking 5 x $1.5M partners), so what we're being offered is their slice of the initial first batch.

I've been playing around with the numbers and would imagine there would have been 3000 of the 400Mh/s machines being built at something like $2500 each for the early partners, bringing the total to $7.5M (600ea). That was my worst case scenario and given the 400 MH/s specs would have had 114 Chips per machine, there could be up to 4167 of the lower effeiciency 280 MH/s miners if all the chips are good. Interestingly the price  stays about the same at around $6.50 per MHs or $22.75 per A4 chip.

So I think this is why we're not seeing fully built prototypes yet, we were never supposed to be getting them this early, and based on the numbers above there would be 600 machines available for every partner who has pulled out.

Based on average pool mining returns at 0.000085 btc/mhs/day, these are still looking very good.  Cheesy
Mind you, there could be up to 1.3 Th/s about to be dropped into a 4.5 Th/s global scrypt network.  Undecided

carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:23:53 AM

The images on the Aliexpress page look like A2 images.  The description says the A4 prototype won't be available until July.  So what is pictured is not one of the prototypes.  This is a "pre-order" for still unbuilt equipment.  Also from what I have read Innosilicon does not do preorders.  So this person selling either must have a standing order and commitment for a bulk order or he/she is taking wild liberties on the price and number he will have available to sell.  

Thanks for the link.  It at least has a bunch of us all talking and thinking about doing really stupid stuff like a bulk preorder...  Yes, we are that crazy!  I personally am going to wait until something firms up and then figure out where in the world I would put more miners or get more electricity to run them! ROFL

What I think has happened is that based on the ever decreasing chip density per device and efficiency of the cards, one of the early adopter partners has pulled out of the deal (remember they were seeking 5 x $1.5M partners), so what we're being offered is their slice of the initial first batch.

I've been playing around with the numbers and would imagine there would have been 3000 of the 400Mh/s machines being built at something like $2500 each for the early partners, bringing the total to $7.5M (600ea). That was my worst case scenario and given the 400 MH/s specs would have had 114 Chips per machine, there could be up to 4167 of the lower effeiciency 280 MH/s miners if all the chips are good. Interestingly the price  stays about the same at around $6.50 per MHs or $22.75 per A4 chip.

So I think this is why we're not seeing fully built prototypes yet, we were never supposed to be getting them this early, and based on the numbers above there would be 600 machines available for every partner who has pulled out.

Based on average pool mining returns at 0.000085 btc/mhs/day, these are still looking very good.  Cheesy
Mind you, there could be up to 1.3 Th/s about to be dropped into a 4.5 Th/s global scrypt network.  Undecided

That is a potentially halving in progress...  Shocked Sad
The actual hashrate is 1400 Gh/s, you are talking about 1200 Gh/s more, so all our hash will be rewarded by 1/2... The Litecoin minery will NOT be very reliable...

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:22:01 PM

This certainly will have an overall negative impact for everyone mining scrypt coins. The buyers may have a tough time getting their ROI.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:41:15 AM

This certainly will have an overall negative impact for everyone mining scrypt coins. The buyers may have a tough time getting their ROI.

Yep. We need BTC at around 700 bucks imho to play it somewhat safe. At that price at 0.006 LTC to BTC you are looking at $4.20 usd per LTC. NOT Ideal,

but....you could maybe squeak by with a 10 month (with elec use taken out) and ROI on these units in that ballpark of a guess/price.

(check my figures)

A lot of Titan owners spent a lot of 2015 mining LTC on a prayer at 1.30 usd per LTC and a hope it would go up in price. Same angle with these machines

different year imho.

I suppose just to liven things up the Chinese miners (75%) will announce a fork from BTC Core and 8mb blocks just to further muck the crypto universe up

some more. (BTC gets a cold .all the alt coins get pneumonia). It seems a lot of crypto FUD is rinse/wash/repeat I've seen it before.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:40:35 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2016, 03:07:53 AM by toptek

The images on the Aliexpress page look like A2 images.  The description says the A4 prototype won't be available until July.  So what is pictured is not one of the prototypes.  This is a "pre-order" for still unbuilt equipment.  Also from what I have read Innosilicon does not do preorders.  So this person selling either must have a standing order and commitment for a bulk order or he/she is taking wild liberties on the price and number he will have available to sell.  

Thanks for the link.  It at least has a bunch of us all talking and thinking about doing really stupid stuff like a bulk preorder...  Yes, we are that crazy!  I personally am going to wait until something firms up and then figure out where in the world I would put more miners or get more electricity to run them! ROFL

I've been playing around with the numbers and would imagine there would have been 3000 of the 400Mh/s machines being built at something like $2500 each for the early partners, bringing the total to $7.5M (600ea). That was my worst case scenario and given the 400 MH/s specs would have had 114 Chips per machine, there could be up to 4167 of the lower effeiciency 280 MH/s miners if all the chips are good. Interestingly the price  stays about the same at around $6.50 per MHs or $22.75 per A4 chip.

Based on average pool mining returns at 0.000085 btc/mhs/day, these are still looking very good.  Cheesy
Mind you, there could be up to 1.3 Th/s about to be dropped into a 4.5 Th/s global scrypt network.  Undecided

They don't do per orders if they needed  investors to me that's a per order of sorts it was publicly made  , no per order's to me is selling them when they are ready and not asking for any kind of money other then though private investors. like bitmain does and even Avalon does now, the Avalon 7 is coming when no idea but it is, they posted soft ware support and a image for the miner on there FTP on the 17 of this month .

I thought I  saw Innosilicon talking per orders when the A2 came out on there main site but so far i have yet to see them run any farm because , I'm guessing,  they don't need to because they make more stuff like memory and other PC stuff , not just miners, bitmain only makes miners . I might be wrong or misunderstand how Innosilicon does it other wise . either way i can't afford one if i could i would give it some thought, im sure i would need that cash back sooner then 200 days or how ever long ROI would take or i would have to be willing to waste 1800 on a group buy, i wouldn't try to resell it either, unless i could double the price so i could buy another one i love mining to much to give it up or to pass one of these by, by reselling it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 01:03:43 AM

Innosilicon did not take ANY preorders on the A2 - it came out as a total suprise with ZERO previous announcements, pretty much unique in the cryptocoin mining industry.
 They DID pre-announce their "Farm Boy" units, but I don't remember if they bothered with pre-orders on those.

The investment needed to get a new 14/16nm chip up and running is a TON higher than working with long-established 28nm tech though, which I'm sure is WHY Innosilicon wanted some investment help on that generation.

My ballpark guess is that the A4 will fuel about a doubling of hashrate over the first year after it starts shipping, and a continuing slow increase past that point - but only if Litecoin price stays above the $3 level, and even a bit iffy if it keeps drifting down TO that level. Still shouldn't be hard to manage ROI on an A4 if you have VERY VERY cheap electric, but at 10c/KWH might make ROI difficult-to-impossible (and 10c/KWH is fair bit BELOW the average for the US since the EPA/Obama War On Coal has driven US average electric prices UP quite a bit the last few years).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 01:13:46 AM

Innosilicon did not take ANY preorders on the A2 - it came out as a total suprise with ZERO previous announcements, pretty much unique in the cryptocoin mining industry.
 They DID pre-announce their "Farm Boy" units, but I don't remember if they bothered with pre-orders on those.

The investment needed to get a new 14/16nm chip up and running is a TON higher than working with long-established 28nm tech though, which I'm sure is WHY Innosilicon wanted some investment help on that generation.

My ballpark guess is that the A4 will fuel about a doubling of hashrate over the first year after it starts shipping, and a continuing slow increase past that point - but only if Litecoin price stays above the $3 level, and even a bit iffy if it keeps drifting down TO that level. Still shouldn't be hard to manage ROI on an A4 if you have VERY VERY cheap electric, but at 10c/KWH might make ROI difficult-to-impossible (and 10c/KWH is fair bit BELOW the average for the US since the EPA/Obama War On Coal has driven US average electric prices UP quite a bit the last few years).

From what I understand Innsilicon is a chip manufacturer foremost. They got the big boys to fund their 14 nm chip equip and line to make asic chips. But after that is done
they will have a fully financed 14nm production line/system for other 14nm chips. Thus it was a no brainer. Get some IPO $$$. Get the 14nm setup funded to make scrypt
asics as such. Make your profit. Then use your new 14nm production on other NON asic related chips of that size.

Kinda brilliant actually.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 01:40:21 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2016, 01:52:39 AM by toptek

Some one did some kind per something when the farm boys came out on the forums they were a deal but I was a little short on cash so had to pass . maybe the next A2 deal i come across I will finally get one ... they should drop even more in price once the A4 does came out and still be useful for a while longer, farming alt is a lot different then farming btc direct . there is a lot of them etc etc ...i all way have liked farming script coins more then BTC but still like doing both .

about three month ago i was offered a farm boy deal even had the cash but was asked to late i had just bought a Alchemist 256 then 4 or 5 days later some one i know sent me A email with a really nice group buy deal for some farm boys again I'm not meant to have a A2 i guess ..then one popped on ebay  i was to late buying a month or so ago they sold a mini A2 for 175 they normally sell for 500 or more . zoom hash had some 110 for a nice price a few month ago by the time i got the cash to gather they sold out, i have even more times were i missed out.

cyz

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
denis1995

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 10:50:32 AM

In the web : http://www.innosilicon.com/html/news/14.html

Is this info:

Part Number: INNOSILICON A4 Dominator 280Mhs per unit (+-10% performance, can be over-clocked at user's risk)
Size: Length 28cm * Width 12.8cm * Height 25cm
Net weight: 11KG (without PSU)
ASIC: A4, 80pcs
Blade: 4pcs
Voltage: +12V
Power efficiency: Initial batch will be defaulted at 3.2W/Mhs in Turbo mode, 2.2W/Mhs in Norminal mode, and 1.35W/Mhs in ultra low power mode
Required rated PSU: 1000W or above, 8 * PCI-E 6Pin
PSU is external and exclusive to save your international shipping cost, which can be acquired used easily at low cost or reused from old version miners.
Included: Raspberry Pi, it is plug and play with your PSU

I read before the machine can be at 400-600 or 800mhs awith overclock at 1020W.
Is the 280MHS the default hashrate.  And then I will can overclock to 400 or 600 mhs?
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 11:27:35 AM

The older numbers were overoptimistic estimates before they had a chance to actually settle down and work with a significant number of chips - *AND* seem to have been based at least in part on using an A2/Dragon sized miner machine with more and larger boards in it.

If you look at the SIZE spec on the final A4 as announced, it's less than half the size - even accounting for space savings of the power supply in the A2, the A4 is STILL ballpark less than half the size.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
wolverine5pl

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 05:21:02 PM

Any idea how to buy one unit?
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 09:33:43 PM

Wait for dealers like ZoomHash to start selling them, or work with other folks in the "group deal" about a combined order.

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 11:12:40 PM

I think the pre-order time frame is too close now.  I would hang tight now for the A4 to hit distributors like Zoomhash.  I don't think it is going to be that long now before you will start to see some announcements.  We are looking at the end of this month for the pre-buy units to start shipping, and I expect there will be some first unit pains to be dealt with.  So I would stay posted to these threads and follow the progress of the A4 first units and how that goes.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 09:38:30 AM

Any idea how to buy one unit?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/280-300M-Litecoin-scrypt-miner-A4_60539690601.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.6QIoGg

And try to chat with Amanda (skype: amanda2007520). She says that they can offer two types of miners:

272 MH/s for 2159 USD (for trade insurance order);
136.6 MH/s (40 ASIC chips) for 1150 USD (for trade insurance order).

You can order it at Alibaba (Alibaba offers customer protection).

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8042

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 12:44:13 PM

BIG rant  coming up as I have 3 of these in house  http://www.iqair.com/home-air-purifiers/gcmultigas/buy  at a cost of 3600 usd and about 1000 a year in filter replacement.

They are better then inhaler medication. In my opinion.

The rant starts below

Fuck coal  and I don't like Obama.   If you understood how much pollution  was dumped by the midwest onto the northeast you would not have made the statement.

This entire issue should have never been allowed to happen , but Bush  allowed old dirty nasty coal plants a pass on not upgrading their plants to burn clean.  Corporate greed kicked in and no plants were retro fitted to burn cleanly .  Causing a shit ton of lung disease all preventable if the moron power plants had upgraded their power plants to burn clean.

Having been a life long Asthmatic my research on this is long and deep. BTW I will most likely vote for Trump as part of his plan is to alter the coal industry the correct way.  IE clean coal plants.  If he was to do just this one act as the next president it would make him a very good president.

Back to mining and away from politics  do you have plans to get one of these miners?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:41:06 PM

Have they shipped any units yet?

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 09:55:22 PM

Supposedly they have shipped and someone received one -- but I'm skeptical.

Chazaki

Activity: 181

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 12:26:26 AM

Supposedly they have shipped and someone received one -- but I'm skeptical.

I got mine in the mail today and just got it setup and hashing. I am getting 274 mhs at the miner client (around 270mhs at the pool). It is pulling 1070 watts from the wall. I have it hashing in a non climate controlled and warm environment and it gets to a max of 60c (4hrs running now).

Hope that helps people

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 12:31:51 AM

Pictures please!!

Chazaki

Activity: 181

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 12:46:07 AM

Pictures please!!

Here are some pics:

I just restarted the miner to unplug the voltmeter but will update this post in about an hour when I get a more solid sample time for the picture.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: