Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:18:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:06:36 AM

You are right with this the point is that every gamble bet you are making get you more and more addicted, I think it do not depend on in what is your religion because everyone can try it once some get addicted because its enjoying and at some people not.

Religion is not really important when it comes to gambling anyone will get hooked to the sin that is gambling, but I think there are certain people that can fight the urge in gambling and I think If you are truly are a christian you can't be tempted with this kind of pleasure!
Lol. I have a lot of friends and relatives that is 'truly' a Christian, and most of them gamble occasionally.
It's not how loyal you are to your religion, IMO.

Yup eventually people will always makes sin even if they are a religious type of a person and even if your to loyal to it a person will always sin cause we are all sinners.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:46:07 AM

You are right with this the point is that every gamble bet you are making get you more and more addicted, I think it do not depend on in what is your religion because everyone can try it once some get addicted because its enjoying and at some people not.

Religion is not really important when it comes to gambling anyone will get hooked to the sin that is gambling, but I think there are certain people that can fight the urge in gambling and I think If you are truly are a christian you can't be tempted with this kind of pleasure!
Lol. I have a lot of friends and relatives that is 'truly' a Christian, and most of them gamble occasionally.

Yup eventually people will always makes sin even if they are a religious type of a person and even if your to loyal to it a person will always sin cause we are all sinners.

when talking about religion, religion can treat your addiction on gambling. depending on faith each.
I myself currently do not addicted again, maybe 1-3 time play gambling in 1-2 month

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 05:45:22 AM

I don't think it's religion that cured you from your gambling addiction. If yes, then how come? You are the one controlling yourself to whether or not to gamble when you urge to. I'm pretty sure you disciplined yourself by keeping yourself busy reading the bible or something.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:26:38 AM

I don't think it's religion that cured you from your gambling addiction. If yes, then how come? You are the one controlling yourself to whether or not to gamble when you urge to. I'm pretty sure you disciplined yourself by keeping yourself busy reading the bible or something.

It's not like that...
People have different faiths and superstitions based on which they might cure themselves from almost everything...
You just need to stick to something you feel that might cure you from an addiction, whether gambling or anything else, and you will surely overcome very quickly based on that faith itself...

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:40:15 AM

Gambling is just so addicting because its enjoying, I already know a lot of people said it here but I can confirm its true.
I been addicted for a while and it was really because of the enjoying part you want to play again and again.

Actually you can control yourself for not gamble. Mostly factor that affect people to keep gamble is environment
If you're live on religious environement , you will learn about the effect of gamble so you will be stay away from gambling gradually

Well you are partly right but I think the religious people will also be attactred to do this its like a forbidden fruit for these people in my opinion.
Its easy to control yourself but some people do not have the control to control themselves.

if we say problem gambling with religion, it is very sensitive, many people will agree or disagree with this opinion.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:04:31 AM

Gambling is just so addicting because its enjoying, I already know a lot of people said it here but I can confirm its true.
I been addicted for a while and it was really because of the enjoying part you want to play again and again.

Actually you can control yourself for not gamble. Mostly factor that affect people to keep gamble is environment
If you're live on religious environement , you will learn about the effect of gamble so you will be stay away from gambling gradually

Well you are partly right but I think the religious people will also be attactred to do this its like a forbidden fruit for these people in my opinion.
Its easy to control yourself but some people do not have the control to control themselves.

But in terms of someone gambling for fun and not for making money, I don't think it gets this serious that someone just puts in everything to recover previous losses, and that doesn't consider to be an addiction, because you know where to stop, and gambling as an addiction is totally different, it's like pouring more and more milk into the jug even seeing that it's completely filled...

klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:20:04 AM

But in terms of someone gambling for fun and not for making money, I don't think it gets this serious that someone just puts in everything to recover previous losses, and that doesn't consider to be an addiction, because you know where to stop, and gambling as an addiction is totally different, it's like pouring more and more milk into the jug even seeing that it's completely filled...

Yes some times we think to stop but it can't because after two or three days again we open site just for checking but there we can't sit alone those games are tempting us to do betting so we think let's do small bet again if we won one more bet like that it will stop untill too many loss after that we stop but some people are there they don't know how to get that loss money back so they will start betting again this is the process we could not stop this it's addiction game.
Capitascism

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:33:50 PM

Addiction can have many forms, and can be caused by many things and habits. Only solutions is to stay honest to yourself when something become hazardous for health and for pocket. But i don't never met person that can do this.
Gambling is most hazardous because attacks on vanity, and it is easy to lose control.

*************************Too many scams beware******************************************
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 06:17:00 AM

Addiction can have many forms, and can be caused by many things and habits. Only solutions is to stay honest to yourself when something become hazardous for health and for pocket. But i don't never met person that can do this.
Gambling is most hazardous because attacks on vanity, and it is easy to lose control.
it would be better if gambling revenue we share with those in need. if we spend itself clearly above factors will happen
Adrayrd

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 07:18:57 AM

Everyone likes to gamble and that is logic, but some people knows to stop and some people cant stop and for the people who cant stop can have really a bad future because of gambling.
They should know that the money they lost with gambling is all wasted, and that is not good they have to know that they must stop and just find some distraction, you cant be rich of gambling.
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 07:56:20 AM

I think it could have been someone who has a strong faith will never enter into gambling. therefore there is a prohibition on gambling.
and they must obey it
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:00:46 AM

I think it could have been someone who has a strong faith will never enter into gambling. therefore there is a prohibition on gambling.
and they must obey it

Yes discipline will help a human to avoid gambling and other bad doings in life,if a person has it even if he gambles it will not make him addicted to it.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:00:50 AM

another megathread for signatures whores, which needs to collect some posts in gambling section. well played.
krunox123

Activity: 756

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 08:02:41 AM

Actually, it is never a sin for a Christian to gamble. The Bible never mention that it is a sin to gamble, but you are right. Everyone in this world has at least done a sin before, and only they know what it was.

Life sucks.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:03:24 AM

Everyone likes to gamble and that is logic, but some people knows to stop and some people cant stop and for the people who cant stop can have really a bad future because of gambling.
They should know that the money they lost with gambling is all wasted, and that is not good they have to know that they must stop and just find some distraction, you cant be rich of gambling.
Gambling could make someone rich , but have a mindset that everyone would be rich by doing gamble it's a fatal mistake leading to an addiction .
The percentage of people getting rich by gamble are below 5% , so we can say 3 from 100 people who gamble being rich! And the rest are an unlucky addicted gambler.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:48:04 AM

People who are addicted to gambling still believe in the fact that they are going to win the jackpot are this huge amount of money. It can surely happen but it will not happen to everyone that gambles. 
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:04:44 AM

So you are saying that gambling is a sin for every people? I dont agree with you because gambling will never do something bad to you, the one is doing the bad thing and sin is only yourselves so if you can change yourself no matter what religion you are it will be no big deal

I am not against gambling I myself am doing it but naturally in the eyes of our GOD gambling is a sin that is a fact and yes I am a sinner and we all do everyone of us but I am aware of it and will always say to him that I am a sinner.

Then I think they are not truly christian at all because all earthly stuffs here are all sins that can consume oneself because out GOD is a jealous GOD that if you idolize someone or something to the extent that he, she or it is a GOD for you then you have sin against him, (I have said this because I have gone on a bible study now)
Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:22:42 AM

and they must obey it
Gambling is so addicting because many people are thinking that you can be rich with gambling but that is not true, because the chance is higher that you can lose money with it and that will be bad.
People should know that gambling is only made for fun and that the people are gambling must not gamble to be rich but just to have some fun and it will be nice of course if you can win some money.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:32:02 AM

People who are addicted to gambling still believe in the fact that they are going to win the jackpot are this huge amount of money. It can surely happen but it will not happen to everyone that gambles. 

And they will not stop believing until they draw their last breathe or someone help them out of their addiction. It is a sad story but it is true. Gamblers hoping for a jackpot but if you sum all the money spent betting, they already have spent the jackpot amount on bets. If they only realize that, then don't have to chase the jackpot.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:45:24 AM

And they will not stop believing until they draw their last breathe or someone help them out of their addiction. It is a sad story but it is true. Gamblers hoping for a jackpot but if you sum all the money spent betting, they already have spent the jackpot amount on bets. If they only realize that, then don't have to chase the jackpot.

Yup! they keep believing that they can win the prize jackpot but they are not aware about the true color of gambling because i is very risky indeed, or maybe they are already addicted to gambling that is why they don't realized the risk involve in it and they don't count their losses because they are already into gambling and really become addicted to it.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: