Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:54:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316307 times)
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 05:47:39 PM

Is there a way to update the API so that it is possible to only return a range of trade history instead of it returning all the trade history?  The same with dividend history.

It would be simple to do, but probably not wise.  The API has to come out of cache to work at scale, and custom queries aren't going to be very cache-able.  Sad

What kind of ranges do you have in mind?

Cheers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 10:42:35 PM

Is there a way to update the API so that it is possible to only return a range of trade history instead of it returning all the trade history?  The same with dividend history.

It would be simple to do, but probably not wise.  The API has to come out of cache to work at scale, and custom queries aren't going to be very cache-able.  Sad

Cheers.

I am suggesting something similar to the API of bitcoincharts.com and especially what cryptostocks has.

For example, if someone writes a script that checks to see if there has been a trade for a listing on BTC-TC, then they might have it check every 15 minutes.  The information they get will be every single trade and so every 15 minutes they are getting mostly the same data each time yet they might only be checking for a few new trades.  Instead they could already have most of the past data history stored on their own database (or not need that information at all) and only need the last trades for the last 15 minutes.

GLBSE had the same kind of thing for their dividend returns.  It returned every dividend returned for that security listing.  I had a script that went through my trade data to see if it was a actively traded stock, then for those that are it would go through each listing and collect the dividend data.  Since I only needed the most recent data, it was pretty inefficient as my script took a while to run and hit the GLBSE server pretty often.  I had it programmed to wait every 10 seconds before another query was sent, but I had to go through all the listings even if there was only just one dividend by one security listing that day.

A good start would be if the API could return:
assets_listed - Any asset currently traded on BTC-CO
future_ipo - Assets getting ready to IPO and the date of their IPO
dividend_last_x_time - The securities that paid dividends for a certain time period (last 24 hours, ect), dividend paid, and time of dividend paid.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 09:54:20 AM

Cheers.

I am suggesting something similar to the API of bitcoincharts.com and especially what cryptostocks has.

For example, if someone writes a script that checks to see if there has been a trade for a listing on BTC-TC, then they might have it check every 15 minutes.  The information they get will be every single trade and so every 15 minutes they are getting mostly the same data each time yet they might only be checking for a few new trades.  Instead they could already have most of the past data history stored on their own database (or not need that information at all) and only need the last trades for the last 15 minutes.

GLBSE had the same kind of thing for their dividend returns.  It returned every dividend returned for that security listing.  I had a script that went through my trade data to see if it was a actively traded stock, then for those that are it would go through each listing and collect the dividend data.  Since I only needed the most recent data, it was pretty inefficient as my script took a while to run and hit the GLBSE server pretty often.  I had it programmed to wait every 10 seconds before another query was sent, but I had to go through all the listings even if there was only just one dividend by one security listing that day.

A good start would be if the API could return:
assets_listed - Any asset currently traded on BTC-CO
future_ipo - Assets getting ready to IPO and the date of their IPO
dividend_last_x_time - The securities that paid dividends for a certain time period (last 24 hours, ect), dividend paid, and time of dividend paid.

Thank you for the great suggestions.

I'll have to meet you part way.  I agree that it sucks for the remote side to have to track which trades are new with each query, etc, but I have two options:

(a) I craft a custom response for each api request, costing local processing time but saving processing time for the remote side.
(b) I craft the same response for each api request, saving local processing time, but costing remote processing time.

If I think the api is going to ever get any serious traffic, I pretty much have to go with (b).

For the IPO's... I have no idea when anything will go live, that's up to the mods and the asset issuers.

I have added the following api endpoints:

https://btct.co/api/ticker (list of all assets)
https://btct.co/api/tradeHistory (all trades, last 48 hrs)
https://btct.co/api/dividendHistory (all dividends, last 48 hrs)

The complete summary is near the bottom, here: https://btct.co/faq

Hope that helps!
intel-core-i7

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 12:59:45 PM

Question - how do we change the deposit/withdraw addresses ? 2. Was this disabled temporarily ?

If you like what I do - donate : 1MWoRs6wKyJLLYm7gjrWeTcipCrCTneCRE
 | torchat: g7hzmvlpjygbiage
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 02:23:09 PM

Question - how do we change the deposit/withdraw addresses ? 2. Was this disabled temporarily ?

Deposit address can't be changed at present.

To change withdrawal address:

Click "Wallet" near top of screen.

There's an option there to change your withdrawal address (you enter new address then click on "Update address".  IF you chose to permanently lock it then obviously you can't change it - as that would entirely defeat the objective of having an option to permanently lock it.
JohnGalt

Activity: 249
Merit: 114

Who is John Galt?

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 07:45:16 PM

Bold BTC symbol has a problem. There is always a box drawn to the right of it.

Speaking of bugs, perhaps it would be a good idea to have a way to report bugs from the site.

Trade physical bitcoins: Economy > Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles
My signing address: 19mzFU4zFrZHkAkHSUta6LapJ6fTFJyhiH
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 07:53:26 PM

Speaking of bugs, perhaps it would be a good idea to have a way to report bugs from the site.

That is pretty strange.

What browser/version OS/version are you running?  (looks good to me in FF on win7)

Sensitive bugs can be PM'd to me.  Not so sensitive bugs I don't mind if you post them here, or to the LTC-GLOBAL thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101694.0  or here: http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,551.0.html

Cheers.

JohnGalt

Activity: 249
Merit: 114

Who is John Galt?

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 09:29:11 PM

That is pretty strange.

What browser/version OS/version are you running?  (looks good to me in FF on win7)

I am running Chrome 23.0.1271.97 m on windows 7.

Trade physical bitcoins: Economy > Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles
My signing address: 19mzFU4zFrZHkAkHSUta6LapJ6fTFJyhiH
intel-core-i7

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 11:36:45 PM

There's an option there to change your withdrawal address (you enter new address then click on "Update address".  IF you chose to permanently lock it then obviously you can't change it - as that would entirely defeat the objective of having an option to permanently lock it.

I cant see that option so it seems I have chosen to lock it on register...

My only option is to create a new account and transfer to it my shares Huh

If you like what I do - donate : 1MWoRs6wKyJLLYm7gjrWeTcipCrCTneCRE
 | torchat: g7hzmvlpjygbiage
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 06:20:17 PM

Hi, got an e-mail that I received dividends at BTC-TC, but no information how I can actually log in into my account. Account name is COGNITIVE-something. I was among the ones who were included in the last (full) list of shareholders Nefario sent, not in the earlier. How am I supposed to log in into my account?
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 07:52:56 PM

I cant see that option so it seems I have chosen to lock it on register...

My only option is to create a new account and transfer to it my shares Huh

Send me a PM.  We'll figure something out.

burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2013, 11:24:14 PM

That is pretty strange.

I am running Chrome 23.0.1271.97 m on windows 7.

Just tested using 23.0.1271.97 in win7, I don't see it in the two places I know about the bold symbol. (orders summary, portfolio.  orders summary, asset trade page)

Can you think of anything that might be different?  (Do you use any custom fonts, or zoom settings?)  Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? 

GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 08:02:15 AM

Hi, got an e-mail that I received dividends at BTC-TC, but no information how I can actually log in into my account. Account name is COGNITIVE-something. I was among the ones who were included in the last (full) list of shareholders Nefario sent, not in the earlier. How am I supposed to log in into my account?

Check your spam folder for an email with the account information

checked already, I didn't receive any e-mail with password to my account. Just an e-mail with dividend notification.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2013, 08:11:23 AM

Check your spam folder for an email with the account information

checked already, I didn't receive any e-mail with password to my account. Just an e-mail with dividend notification.

If you can PM me the asset in question and your email address I can re-send it.

Cheers.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 03:00:54 PM

Feature request:

Receiving a e-mail: "LTC-GLOBAL Purchase Notification" is really nice, but the e-mail subject is kinda useless Smiley
 If it's possible, maybe you can please make the Subject a bit more informative.

How about:

Code:
"LTC-GLOBAL: Purchase of [NUMBER OF SHARES] [SYMBOL] @ [PRICE]" 

So this will look like:  LTC-GLOBAL: Purchase of 1000 ART @ 1.19

Same for Sale and share transfers.

Thank you.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2013, 08:54:03 AM

Feature request:

Receiving a e-mail: "LTC-GLOBAL Purchase Notification" is really nice, but the e-mail subject is kinda useless Smiley
 If it's possible, maybe you can please make the Subject a bit more informative.

How about:

Code:
"LTC-GLOBAL: Purchase of [NUMBER OF SHARES] [SYMBOL] @ [PRICE]" 

So this will look like:  LTC-GLOBAL: Purchase of 1000 ART @ 1.19

Same for Sale and share transfers.

Thank you.

Good idea.  I submitted a patch that implements this.  Thanks!
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 01:17:02 AM

Some of you probably noticed that Ian has locked BAKEWELL.  This is his post:

Trading of BAKEWELL on btct.co has been halted.

BAKEWELL is in the process of moving to BitFunder.com. Please prepare to claim your shares on that platform.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

We are thankful for btct.co extending help to us during the glbse fiasco, they have a great team and make a wonderful platform.

I'm a little sad to see him go.  I don't see a motion on this anywhere, which means his shareholders were not given a vote on this.  That is a little unfortunate.  (I'm a shareholder, it's definitely annoying on a personal level...)

The more important point though is that this proves that the tools we give asset issuers make it really easy to do transitions like this.  Our hard work is being put to the test, and the product is holding up to real-life situations and meeting the rapidly changing needs of the community.  (be sure that if you do transition, the other side has the same tools, or you may find yourself locked in and unable to come back.)  So while this is a slight setback for the exchange overall, it validates and reinforces a lot of our hard work.

Cheers.

btcash

Activity: 968
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 10:59:43 AM

Great to see that all the locked assets where moved to the Locked section.
You should move locked assets which are in the approval process there too.

Why was BTCI frozen by you?

BTCT-TC shouldn't list assets witch are locked for public trading under "These assets need your vote!". There is no point voting on these assets.

Who the hell are these two people who voted NO on every Bond without a public comment? I think public comments should be requiered to vote NO.
BTC-TradingCo (OP)

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 11:03:58 AM

Hey mods, quick request that you take a fresh look at RSM.

The contract wasn't there because of an issue with the form XSS filtering.  (The contract had a < in it.)  The bug is now fixed.

The BTC Trading Corp Stock Exchange Demo: https://demo.btct.co
BTC-TradingCo (OP)

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 11:15:08 AM

Great to see that all the locked assets where moved to the Locked section.
You should move locked assets which are in the approval process there too.

Why was BTCI frozen by you?

BTCT-TC shouldn't list assets witch are locked for public trading under "These assets need your vote!". There is no point voting on these assets.

Who the hell are these two people who voted NO on every Bond without a public comment? I think public comments should be requiered to vote NO.

BTCI was frozen (and removed) at the request of the issuer.

Good call on the locked assets awaiting approval.  They are now on the locked tab as well.

Public comments are not required when voting NO because sometimes the voter would prefer the comments to be private.  A NO vote does require a comment, either public or private, so in theory the asset issuer is getting good feedback either way.

Thank you for using BTC-TC!

The BTC Trading Corp Stock Exchange Demo: https://demo.btct.co
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: