Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:05:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex , did anyone get their account frozen..  (Read 14906 times)
mossmoon

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 05:57:15 PM

Poloniex just froze my account for no reason. Cannot trade or withdraw. Support has been unresponsive for 18 hours. Will update.

edit: First email: http://imgur.com/gco1nqi
I also have account there, please keep us updating about your case here, i am getting worried. Why your account get frozen man? Angry

Was just frozen with zero communication. Nothing. Only thing I can think of is that I use Tor so perhaps logging in with different IPs within a certain period triggered a freeze?  The only communication I have so far is a ticket number.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 08:22:40 PM

Life at Poloniex must be rather intense these days. They must be snowed under with customer issues and it's surely only a matter of time before the amounts swishing around there these days attract some unwanted attention.
mossmoon

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 10:19:18 PM

Poloniex just froze my account for no reason. Cannot trade or withdraw. Support has been unresponsive for 18 hours. Will update.

edit: First email: http://imgur.com/gco1nqi
I also have account there, please keep us updating about your case here, i am getting worried. Why your account get frozen man? Angry

Was just frozen with zero communication. Nothing. Only thing I can think of is that I use Tor so perhaps logging in with different IPs within a certain period triggered a freeze?  The only communication I have so far is a ticket number.

Potential malicious IP, I assume because I was using Tor. Never had a problem in almost a year. So I need to validate the account.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 11:51:09 PM

I've been reading a lot about these online Bitcoin wallet services having issues with security/keeping users' wallets secure. It's best to download a wallet like Bitcoin Core, though I have never heard of Polonex at all before this post.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
Yoshimo

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 09:36:30 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 09:56:29 AM by Yoshimo

Yesterday my Poloniex account got frozen. When logging in it displays the following message after entering the correct 2FA code:

"Your account has been locked. Please contact support."

See a screenshot of that error message here: http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/29996237/Poloniex-Youraccounthasbeenlocked.Pleasecontactsupport..png

Of course I wrote to support immediately, but so far no response for more than 24h.

See a screenshot of my message to support here: http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/29996238/Poloniex-HelpdeskFrozenAccount.png

It's the second time in a row I'm having problems with Poloniex. The first time was just a few days ago, when a BTC withdrawal was automatically put on "WAITING APPROVAL" after I clicked the confirmation link that was mailed to me. Staff made the transfer get through 15h after I wrote to support - and also advised me to activate 2FA, what I did thereafter.

There never was any transaction spamming from my side. I wanted to put a larger amount of BTC to Poloniex for lending (safe and steady income), but decided to tryout Poloniex first with a smaller sum (1 BTC) first. Trading on the exchange and lending worked well, but they disappointed me with that manual approval thing. Withdrawal problems make me feel goxxxed instantly! But after getting my money back I thought: "Hey, that 2FA thing is quite sane, let's try it again!" So I sent 1 BTC to Poloniex again ... and wham-bam my account got locked.

I could imagine different reasons:

• Using VPN (not Tor) with many different IP addresses: I change my VPN servers frequently to watch TV content online from many different countries (Germany, Switerland, US, Japan, etc).
  • Stuck Verification: I entered my (valid!) data for tier 2 verification but the verification failed and I was told to use tier 3 verification instead. But that sending of an image with me holding my passport is a step too far, I will definitely not do this. So I decided to stay with verification tier 1 for now.
  • Maybe I entered a wrong 2FA code. It's unlikely put possible.

Will update on the situation...
Yoshimo

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 06:30:20 PM

Update on my situation: I just got an answer from Poloniex support staff member Johnny Garcia:

"I will investigate this and be back to you as soon as possible."

So they are a bit slow right now (replay took ~35h) but they respond. Will update when I get an explanation for my situation...
art707

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:49:42 PM

Hi, everybody. My situation below:
3 days ago, I've got on my poloniex wallet 8Btc to exchange it to another coin. So, then I tried to exchange it and I've got a message "This account is frozen" . I tried to move btcs out from poloniex, same message "This account is frozen"! Immediately I made a ticket in poloniex.freshdesk.com/support to asked what happened with my account and what I gonna do to fix it? On this moment already 3 days and 4hours gone and I still have no any answer from Poloniex support.

Ticket #36723. Status Being Processed. Assigned to Johnny Garcia

Does anybody knows the way how can I influence in this situation except contacting support on poloniex.freshdesk.com/support ? For few times I already asked moderator in trollbox and everytime he answered me something like "you situation will be resolve as soon is possible. cant help anything more. sorry".

Any thought what I should to do?
Yoshimo

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:28:35 AM

My issue was finally solved.

6 days after opening the ticket I got this message from support:

I am very sorry for the delay, please log in to your Poloniex account and fill your profile level 1 information at:

https://poloniex.com/profile

Please use the same information you have previously used.

Let me know when you are finished and I will send it for verification immediately.

I did as told and my account was re-enabled quickly.

Withdrawing my BTC also worked well.
sirslayer (OP)

Activity: 540
Merit: 501

chickens and cryptos

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:38:00 AM

Wink
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 08:18:37 AM

My issue was finally solved.

6 days after opening the ticket I got this message from support:

I am very sorry for the delay, please log in to your Poloniex account and fill your profile level 1 information at:

https://poloniex.com/profile

Please use the same information you have previously used.

Let me know when you are finished and I will send it for verification immediately.

I did as told and my account was re-enabled quickly.

Withdrawing my BTC also worked well.

I have seen in the recent news on the poloniex (under the troll box section) that they had many ddos attack recently and maybe the system froze some accounts, great that you get back your funds. I think that you should lock now this thread.

altnews

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:59:26 AM

Have my acc frozen too. 'Our systems have detected one or more alternate accounts that are not linked to your primary one'
Next day my pal told me that he have same situation. It was because we did some small transactions to each other and used same IP when we met in one place with one wifi router about year ago. After couple of days he was unfrozen, but I still waiting for support answer (5 days) - yesterday I've created new ticket in case if dude (Johnny Garcia) who do the job on solving previous is sick or something like this - but still no reply. Poloniex, if you read this, please unfreze my account. It's ok if two different ppl familiar with each other use your exchange.
sirslayer (OP)

chickens and cryptos

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:11:52 AM

this thread is still active and  it's a good spot to vent out if poloniex tries to violate your account by freezing for unnecessary violations or over use of their control of your hard earnings....
altnews

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:20:31 AM

And the next day and no reply. So I logged in to Polo trollbox and asked staff to help. Chickenliver said that he will send note to admins. After 15 minutes got a mail from Johnny Garcia: 'sorry for delay, I re-enabled your acc'. But profile is still in "Required attention" state and I still can't withdraw. Should I laugh or cry
sirslayer (OP)

chickens and cryptos

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:03:14 AM

cry when your funds are gone and laugh when they go to jail  Wink
altnews

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:39:19 PM

I changed the country of location in my (level1) profile and finally it works.
sirslayer (OP)

chickens and cryptos

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:15:05 AM

then be nice to poloniex.. only this time
KK99

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:50:55 PM

my accounts frozen, haven't used it in weeks, verified to highest tier as well. has like 8k worth of eth on it. im quite worried. anyone know any better ways to get in touch with them? im pretty sure support tickets take close to a week at this point.
xtac4u22

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:52:16 AM

My account Frozen too, what the heck with poloniex. I have just 20$ in my account. I am worried for people like who have in K's. Guys be careful poloniex is acting like a f###king bank
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 09:51:41 AM

My account Frozen too, what the heck with poloniex. I have just 20$ in my account. I am worried for people like who have in K's. Guys be careful poloniex is acting like a f###king bank

wrong! a bank would tell you why they suspended your account and also you can talk with them on phone or in person. in the end, you will get the funds back but with a shit exchanger like Poloniex..?!

let's say that you will go to authorities to report the stolen funds(frozen account). what will you declare?

"I am using an illegal/unlicensed exchanger from USA , with no office, no phone number and I want my funds back"...  Smiley
xtac4u22

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 04:05:34 AM

They have unfrozen my account. The reason they mentioned for freezing my account was that I did not enabled my 2FA. They could have at least communicated to me by sending mail like "For security we may froze your account, please enable your 2FA" ,  isn't that simple than Frozen my account without any communications. If Polo people sees these. Hope next time some reasons are communicated on freezing or just after freezing account.

Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: