Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:44:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable Bitcoin Price  (Read 13178 times)
HostSurf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:43:29 PM

Bitcoin will never be at a stable price. That's just not the way this market works.
There will always be pumps and dumps it's inevitable.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:01:20 PM

Bitcoin will never be at a stable price. That's just not the way this market works.

i guess this is the outcome of having a decentralized system like bitcoin, fiat can be much stable because their are issued by a central authority

i don't mind a bit of instability even when the adoption will be big, as ong is nothing crazy like +100% of value in 2-3 days or something
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:09:51 PM

And is this bad? Of course there will always be volatility to some certain degree.
But in the future, with a bigger market cap, it won't be that crazy as it is now.
I could live with that, as I see Bitcoin not as a currency for at least the next coming 20 years.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:55:23 PM

And is this bad? Of course there will always be volatility to some certain degree.
But in the future, with a bigger market cap, it won't be that crazy as it is now.
I could live with that, as I see Bitcoin not as a currency for at least the next coming 20 years.

Yes for next 20 years, bitcoin would be the biggest returning investment vehicle. So that it will attracts many new users and adopters. Many new users will make bitcoin into main stream of daily usage. Then bitcoin will turn as a currency. At that time you can expect a stable price.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:04:16 PM

What should be the market cap of bitcoin in your opinion if we want the bitcoin price to be relatively stable and saved from manipulation ?

I don't think we'll see a stable price because the price depends on factors like supply/demand.  The market cap will be much larger than today, because the technology is still undervalued and has so much potential.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:05:51 PM

What should be the market cap of bitcoin in your opinion if we want the bitcoin price to be relatively stable and saved from manipulation ?
If you think bitcoin market will be ever free from manipulation then... you are wrong. It won't happen, but you probably know that Stock market or currency markets are not free from manipulation either.
Unfortunately it is a fact, that you can't have free from manipulation of price market, there will be always backstage movements, pump and dump schemes, and I am afraid that market cap won't change it at all.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:39:46 PM

Never. As long as we have the current shitty exchanges, we won't see the manipulation rates even drop 1%. In order to achieve a more stable price, we need to have one global orderbook just like for example the Nasdaq. That's when we will start to see the difference. If nothing happens and we keep the current exchanges, absolutely nothing will change.

What should have we been saying when we had only Mt. Gox? Smiley I think that our exchanges have improved considerably in the past 2 years! I mean it ain't perfect and it always can be better but this is actually where we have made quite a progress in the past 2 years.
Jitmad

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:56:34 AM

Never. As long as we have the current shitty exchanges, we won't see the manipulation rates even drop 1%. In order to achieve a more stable price, we need to have one global orderbook just like for example the Nasdaq. That's when we will start to see the difference. If nothing happens and we keep the current exchanges, absolutely nothing will change.

What should have we been saying when we had only Mt. Gox? Smiley I think that our exchanges have improved considerably in the past 2 years! I mean it ain't perfect and it always can be better but this is actually where we have made quite a progress in the past 2 years.

That statement is true to some extent. But now we have Cryptsy stopped trading and withdrawing our money.
manis

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:09:52 AM

I think if the market cap approaches $1 Tn and the holding is reasonably well distributed, it would be tough to manipulate the market.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:14:52 AM

That statement is true to some extent. But now we have Cryptsy stopped trading and withdrawing our money.

You can't compare Bitcoin exchanges as Bitstamp, Bitfinex and so on with a shitty altcoin exchange as Cryptsy. Cryptsy has always been slow, shady and what not. That's not new. It's just that most people have recently seen Cryptsy getting worse and worse.
pissedoff

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:28:11 AM

You can't compare Bitcoin exchanges as Bitstamp, Bitfinex and so on with a shitty altcoin exchange as Cryptsy. Cryptsy has always been slow, shady and what not. That's not new. It's just that most people have recently seen Cryptsy getting worse and worse.
I totally agree with you. Cryptsy cannot be compared with any reliable exchange. I still have some money left in my cryptsy account that I am unable to withdraw.
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:33:16 AM

Maybe at gold marketcap but still the price will change as everything is relative, even the dollar value changes among years.
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:43:54 AM

Big market cap means higher acceptance of bitcoin. Bitcoin price is less like to fluctuate as before.
Jitmad

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:44:06 AM

Maybe at gold marketcap but still the price will change as everything is relative, even the dollar value changes among years.

If the bitcoin marketcap is bigger than $1 trillion, not many organizations have the ability to move the price quickly.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 11:12:15 AM

I think the price of the bitcoin is not stable unlike gold. the price of bitcoin will rise and dump. see the chart the price repeatedly every year.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 01:00:03 PM

I guess the price bitcoin will never be stable if bitcoin still has a relationship with the market, because bitcoin will become a tool that has a price. bitcoin prices also in the set of users, such as the current bitcoin prices stable at $ 390-400 but maybe later it will change again over time

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 01:58:31 PM

I guess the price bitcoin will never be stable if bitcoin still has a relationship with the market, because bitcoin will become a tool that has a price. bitcoin prices also in the set of users, such as the current bitcoin prices stable at $ 390-400 but maybe later it will change again over time

i also think the price will probably never reach the point of real stability. there is too much speculation in such a small market. that's why we shouldn't focus too much on seeing the price be stable. the most stability that we will see will never be more than what we have seen when the price was stuck between $220-$250 for a very long time. better stability is not possible with such a low market cap and so many early adopters holding thousands of coins.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:28:43 PM

As you said it depends upon market condition and this is the main reason. It would not become stable because market always faces ups and downs and it is obvious that bitcoins also vary with it. Due to its variable price many traders are in profit by buying it at low price and sell it at higher prices.
Ruzka

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:33:50 PM

It is not the price that will make the price stable the but it will be the coins in many many hands so adoption is what will likely stable the price. I think we all focus a little to much on price and give it to much credit.
When distribution is more even the price will follow suit.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3037

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 07:48:48 PM

As you said it depends upon market condition and this is the main reason. It would not become stable because market always faces ups and downs and it is obvious that bitcoins also vary with it. Due to its variable price many traders are in profit by buying it at low price and sell it at higher prices.
I think not only the market can decide when the price will rise or dump. I think also investors and new users has effect why price of the bitcoin will rise..
And i think bitcoin will never be stable is just like other currency or product market that never been stable in long time..
If bitcoin will become fiat i think it will be stable but i think its impossible..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████