Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:30:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs November Update (ASIC Chips are "flawed". Delays.)  (Read 24622 times)
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 06:18:18 AM

Maybe someone at BFL went to the Duke Nukem Forever School of Hardware Design?

Man that sucked when it came out.

Wink

Yeah, killed one of the best jokes the video game industry ever produced. Ironically, it became one of the worst jokes shortly after.

eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 10:29:13 AM

chips don't exist?

add clock buffers.

I hereby acknowledge tacotime as the source of all the awesomes in my new avatar.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
beekeeper

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

LTC

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 10:44:06 AM

I hereby acknowledge tacotime as the source of all the awesomes in my new avatar.
I hereby acknowledge that you are funny.  Smiley

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
bitmar

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 10:50:54 AM

eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 10:55:15 AM

I hereby acknowledge that you are funny.  Smiley

What's funny is this clock buffer business.  The clock tree is the most fragile and delicate part of a synchronous chip, and the hardest to troubleshoot.  I cannot imagine what made them think that this was going to make people any less concerned.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 11:09:32 AM

What's funny is this clock buffer business.  The clock tree is the most fragile and delicate part of a synchronous chip, and the hardest to troubleshoot.

I know very well, I do this for a living.

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 11:26:29 AM

What's funny is this clock buffer business.  The clock tree is the most fragile and delicate part of a synchronous chip, and the hardest to troubleshoot.  I cannot imagine what made them think that this was going to make people any less concerned.

"I know! We'll just tell them something about clock buffers! There's no entry for that on Wikipedia, so they'll never know what we are talking about and people will instead acknowledge our technological prowess in awed silence. Go Go Gadget Misinformation Campaign!"
Jaw3bmasters

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Another block in the wall

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 11:46:56 AM

"I know! We'll just tell them something about clock buffers! There's no entry for that on Wikipedia, so they'll never know what we are talking about and people will instead acknowledge our technological prowess in awed silence. Go Go Gadget Misinformation Campaign!"

Yep.

In Cryptography we trust.
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 02:15:26 PM

maybe they means add some buffers on the PCB ? Grin
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 02:20:38 PM

To avoid surprises, you already know how many clock buffer must have your PCB?  Grin

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 02:31:38 PM

You guys just don't get it, it was a typo. I've included an image of the updated board for reference.

Take that, competition. BFL products will be the only ones featuring exclusive access to Country Kitchen content, and will now run on fried chicken instead of electricity.
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 02:39:50 PM

meaningless bullshit removed

Here's the actual list:

1. The CEO is a convicted felon who
1.a. Is in probation/supervised release.
1.b. Is prohibited by the terms of his deal from doing a number of things BFL is doing, such as taking money from people.
1.c. Failed to disclose this; once discovered by 3rd parties he made a half-assed statement about "the mean government". Promised post with further details "over the weekend", never materialized.

This was explained away on the vague theory that while convicted "he wasn't really guilty" and while the CEO "he doesn't really have anything to do with the company".

2. BFL is a company that
2.a. Consistently made promises which were then not kept, such as to the time of delivery (blown in the past by 4 months +) and specifications of the items delivered (significantly larger power consumption).
2.b. Consistently takes money from perspective customers in exchange for products that do not actually exist. These don't constitute pre-orders, even if BFL calls them that, but loans to the company.<----- This is what people should really be pissed about, and its illegal

This was never explained other than "doing things is hard".

3. BFL PR is a guy who
3.a. Is a loudmouth just like I am, except he makes a lot less sense, rarely has a point and also lacks tits.

Enjoy.

(And yes, my personal opinion is that dud run = bankruptcy.)

I agree with you, wow that was hard to say.
 I  called this months ago... but I was a fud flinger.
Now I just want to go with told you so.   Roll Eyes
People worried about the FTC call them, they will then connect you to the Attorney General's office file your complaint get real info. It is the only way BFL will release information which is sad.

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 02:51:33 PM

CHICKEN..I gotta order me 10 Jalapeño chicken Caesar wraps.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:07:38 PM

Here's the actual list:

1.b. Is prohibited by the terms of his deal from doing a number of things BFL is doing, such as taking money from people.
1.c. Failed to disclose this; once discovered by 3rd parties he made a half-assed statement about "the mean government". Promised post with further details "over the weekend", never materialized.

This was explained away on the vague theory that while convicted "he wasn't really guilty" and while the CEO "he doesn't really have anything to do with the company".

2. BFL is a company that
2.a. Consistently made promises which were then not kept, such as to the time of delivery (blown in the past by 4 months +) and specifications of the items delivered (significantly larger power consumption).
2.b. Consistently takes money from perspective customers in exchange for products that do not actually exist. These don't constitute pre-orders, even if BFL calls them that, but loans to the company.<----- This is what people should really be pissed about, and its illegal

3. BFL PR is a guy who
3.a. Is a loudmouth just like I am, except he makes a lot less sense, rarely has a point and also lacks tits.

Enjoy.

I  called this months ago... but I was a fud flinger.
Now I just want to go with told you so.   Roll Eyes
People worried about the FTC call them, they will then connect you to the Attorney General's office file your complaint get real info. It is the only way BFL will release information which is sad.
Months ago? Was that when BFL, not you, cancelled you whopping order for 1, yes 1, Jalapeno? So much to your regret, that ever since you try to convince people with this GA fud, with that BFL answer to that AG, the letter which you showed so proudly, but actually showed nothing of any importance at all, just BFL info anyone already knew?
That answer, to YOUR LETTER TO THAT AG THAT YOU WILL NOT SHOW HERE just like that letter from the AG DIRECTED AT YOU, after several requests, because it would prove that you actually have nothing?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 03:09:32 PM

Nothing + Nothing still equals Nothing.

People are pissed off at BFL, deal with it. People got their hopes up.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:14:22 PM

Here's the actual list:

2. BFL is a company that

3. BFL PR is a guy who

Enjoy.

I  called this months ago... but I was a fud flinger.
Now I just want to go with told you so.   Roll Eyes
Months ago? Was that when BFL, not you, cancelled you whopping order for 1, yes 1, Jalapeno? So much to your regret, that ever since you try to convince people with this GA fud, with that BFL answer to that AG, the letter which you showed so proudly, but actually showed nothing of any importance at all, just BFL info anyone already knew?
That answer, to YOUR LETTER TO THAT AG THAT YOU WILL NOT SHOW HERE just like that letter from the AG DIRECTED AT YOU, after several requests, because it would prove that you actually have nothing?

Posted both of them.... Where have you been? The fact that they were showing fake pics.. did that pass you to?
Stop drinking so much BFL koolaid its bad for your teeth.

SLok

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:14:46 PM

Nothing + Nothing still equals Nothing.

People are pissed off at BFL, deal with it. People got their hopes up.
People have that right to be pissed off about BFL, hell I'm pissed off about BFL, but I'm not spreading fud or plain lies like bitcoininv or the guy he quoted.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
SLok

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:18:50 PM

Here's the actual list:

2. BFL is a company that

3. BFL PR is a guy who

Enjoy.

I  called this months ago... but I was a fud flinger.
Now I just want to go with told you so.   Roll Eyes

Posted both of them.... Where have you been? The fact that they were showing fake pics.. did that pass you to?
Stop drinking so much BFL koolaid its bad for your teeth.
You did not, I requested it several times in that topic, but can you be so kind and show me the link to them? And please stop that koolaid joke, it has a beard by now.

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:19:39 PM

I saw the document he posted. Doesn't guarantee it's authenticity, but he did post a pic of a doc that was either the real deal or a really good fake.

SLok

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:23:43 PM

I saw the document he posted. Doesn't guarantee it's authenticity, but he did post a pic of a doc that was either the real deal or a really good fake.
That was the answer from bfl at the ag  that was sent through to him. I'm asking for the complaint letter he sent to that ag, and the ag's answer HE got.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: