Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:29:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs November Update (ASIC Chips are "flawed". Delays.)  (Read 24622 times)
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:35:10 PM

Yet nobody is going to the AG about bASIC. That's a little odd, isn't it?

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:36:25 PM

chips don't exist?

add clock buffers.

I hereby acknowledge tacotime as the source of all the awesomes in my new avatar.

Custom hardware forum has replaced alt coins as my new source of entertainment it seems

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:45:33 PM

Not sure I follow. bASIC didn't open for pre-order until much later.

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:48:04 PM

Inaba said it was real, in a prior post where other documents were posted.

The worst part about this is, BFL has customers standing up for its company. Ask yourself would you stand up for Samsung or other companies if they were behaving the same way? That fact that the community rolls over in such a way is crazy, and if you stand up for something you feel is not right you have people attack you. I understand all the problems BFL is having and I called them from the start. I never once said BFL would not deliver a product. But I did say it would be New year before they anyone would ever see it. I also believe at the start BFL had nothing but a Idea, they pre-sold you a Idea and then built it. In normal circumstances that would be called a investment, but they spun it so it would be a "Pre-order". If BFL would have been past the "Idea" Phase and actually had some solid work done they would have been close to if not already shipped. If you do not believe me this is how BFL funded there new product do the math.
Singles X prices = X * 30% <---- Thats a HIGH estimate of profit per item.
Miniriges X Prices = X * 30%

This would be the working capital, and this does not subtract staff, rent, electric things of that nature. If you think they made that much money off FPGA's sales to pay for all this rethink it.

I just looked into that FTC thing about the 30 day's and must be re-authorized, its 100% on and they fined JR Reynolds tons of money for not complying to it.  Shocked
http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

SLok
http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/59be4357-41f3-4377-b10f-3e8bd532da5f/Complaint-Form.aspx
and I posted this already Its a digital Complaint then I called and talked to Mrs. little.
All the AG asked me is if I was satisfied with the result of the case I had a choice to pursue or to mark as satisfied. I have not responded so the case is still pending.

Thread complete time to close

squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:08:45 PM

Not sure I follow. bASIC didn't open for pre-order until much later.

And if you compare the timelines, BitcoinINV should have gone to the AG about bASIC about 2 weeks ago. Considering he cried to the AG (and we still can't really figure out why) approximately 3 months ago before even the FIRST BFL shipping delay was announced. That means bASIC is AHEAD of BFL on BitcoinINV's magical "I'm so upset and I don't know why!" timeline, yet he's only cried to mommy and daddy about BFL.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:18:33 PM

flame flame flame
defend defend defend
whine whine whine

/thread

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:43:25 PM

flame flame flame
defend defend defend
whine whine whine

/thread

Welcome to Bitcointalk

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:24:50 PM

flame flame flame
defend defend defend
whine whine whine

/thread

Welcome to Bitcointalk

welcome to the internett you mean?  Wink

Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:45:04 PM

And please stop that koolaid joke, it has a beard by now.

Since it seems you work for BFL (for free) - can you please send me some of this BFL koolaid? I am willing to pay 6 month in advance plus I promise that I will never question the existance of your BFL koolaid.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:10:53 PM

What's funny is this clock buffer business.  The clock tree is the most fragile and delicate part of a synchronous chip, and the hardest to troubleshoot.  I cannot imagine what made them think that this was going to make people any less concerned.

Quick, Marge, say something!

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:11:40 PM

People have that right to be pissed off about BFL, hell I'm pissed off about BFL, but I'm not spreading fud or plain lies like bitcoininv or the guy he quoted.

First off, I'm a girl. Second off, lies? Where do you get off? What lies specifically?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:53:19 PM

1. The CEO is a convicted felon who     SV is not the CEO
1.a. Is in probation/supervised release.    1 out of 30 americans is, but not the CEO of bfl
1.b. Is prohibited by the terms of his deal from doing a number of things BFL is doing, such as taking money from people.  If so, he isn't doing what he shouldn't because he is not the CEO
1.c. Failed to disclose this; once discovered by 3rd parties he made a half-assed statement about "the mean government". Promised post with further details "over the weekend", never materialized.
Subjective conclusion, he has no obligation to tell anyone here anything. Don't like the company or employees, don't buy there

This was explained away on the vague theory that while convicted "he wasn't really guilty" and while the CEO "he doesn't really have anything to do with the company".
Well, he wasn't. What would satisfy you, him saying he was? Write bfl an email and ask?
2. BFL is a company that
2.a. Consistently made promises which were then not kept, such as to the time of delivery (blown in the past by 4 months +) and specifications of the items delivered (significantly larger power consumption).    estimates are not promises are they?
2.b. Consistently takes money from perspective customers in exchange for products that do not actually exist. These don't constitute pre-orders, even if BFL calls them that, but loans to the company.
   You do get the concept of pre-ordering don't you? If the stuff would exist, guess what, shipping it?
This was never explained other than "doing things is hard".   You haven't been paying attention

3. BFL PR is a guy who
3.a. Is a loudmouth just like I am, except he makes a lot less sense, rarely has a point and also lacks tits.   You make no sense at all, and you don't have balls too, plus I doubt you even have tits

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 08:04:45 PM

1.a. Is in probation/supervised release.    1 out of 30 americans is, but not the CEO of bfl
1.b. Is prohibited by the terms of his deal from doing a number of things BFL is doing, such as taking money from people.  If so, he isn't doing what he shouldn't because he is not the CEO
1.c. Failed to disclose this; once discovered by 3rd parties he made a half-assed statement about "the mean government". Promised post with further details "over the weekend", never materialized.
Subjective conclusion, he has no obligation to tell anyone here anything. Don't like the company or employees, don't buy there

This was explained away on the vague theory that while convicted "he wasn't really guilty" and while the CEO "he doesn't really have anything to do with the company".
Well, he wasn't. What would satisfy you, him saying he was? Write bfl an email and ask?
2. BFL is a company that
2.a. Consistently made promises which were then not kept, such as to the time of delivery (blown in the past by 4 months +) and specifications of the items delivered (significantly larger power consumption).    estimates are not promises are they?
2.b. Consistently takes money from perspective customers in exchange for products that do not actually exist. These don't constitute pre-orders, even if BFL calls them that, but loans to the company.
   You do get the concept of pre-ordering don't you? If the stuff would exist, guess what, shipping it?
This was never explained other than "doing things is hard".   You haven't been paying attention

3. BFL PR is a guy who
3.a. Is a loudmouth just like I am, except he makes a lot less sense, rarely has a point and also lacks tits.   You make no sense at all, and you don't have balls too, plus I doubt you even have tits

Fire Inaba Hire this guy seems like he cares more.....

elux (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:23:29 PM

1. The CEO is a convicted felon who     SV is not the CEO
1.a. Is in probation/supervised release.    1 out of 30 americans is, but not the CEO of bfl
1.b. Is prohibited by the terms of his deal from doing a number of things BFL is doing, such as taking money from people.  If so, he isn't doing what he shouldn't because he is not the CEO

2. BFL is a company that
2.a. Consistently made promises which were then not kept, such as to the time of delivery (blown in the past by 4 months +) and specifications of the items delivered (significantly larger power consumption).    estimates are not promises are they?
This was never explained other than "doing things is hard".   You haven't been paying attention

3. BFL PR is a guy who
3.a. Is a loudmouth just like I am, except he makes a lot less sense, rarely has a point and also lacks tits.   You make no sense at all, and you don't have balls too, plus I doubt you even have tits

Dear SLok,

From what I understand, "Nasser G", a Paris, France based IT consultant is implied to have been recently promoted to CEO of Butterfly Labs.

"Nasser G" is employed by a bank in Paris. He has previously declined to answer questions regarding his employment on this forum.

"Nasser G" was titled Chief Technical Officer in a BFL press release dated June 15. 2002.

Some time ago, I made the thread:  Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence.

Some time later, it appears that the Chief Executive (CEO/President/Director) of BFL was fired or demoted in silence, to be replaced by "Nasser G" as Chief Executive, for reasons unknown.

If you or anyone else have corrections to make or new information to share, please do.

The corporate structure and internal workings of BFL are no less mysterious than a black box on the moon.

Which is a bit worrying, considering the circumstances.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:33:39 PM

2. BFL is a company that

3. BFL PR is a guy who

I guess this pretty much settles the point. The discussion was about Sonny Vleisides not Nasser the Nameless. You're an idiot, gtfo.

Nice move BFL, have a lying CEO, hope nobody notices. When somebody does notice lie a little more about it and de-CEO him w/o telling anyone. Make all sorts of spammy prwire releases, sure, but NOT anything about a new CEO, which is the absolute prime thing to report for any company. Wait a few more months, send random shill to pretend this never happened. Who knows, maybe it sticks this time.

BFL needs an S for scumbag in there somewhere.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:53:56 PM

but NOT anything about a new CEO, which is the absolute prime thing to report for any company.
Last time I checked, BFL was not a publicly traded company. Which means they have ZERO obligation to make public any of the internal workings. They are not required to tell you who their CEO is, nor if/when they change CEOs.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 10:07:54 PM

but NOT anything about a new CEO, which is the absolute prime thing to report for any company.
Last time I checked, BFL was not a publicly traded company. Which means they have ZERO obligation to make public any of the internal workings. They are not required to tell you who their CEO is, nor if/when they change CEOs.

They are not legally required to. Which is completely besides the point.

SLok

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 10:10:47 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2012, 11:45:39 PM by SLok

1. The CEO is a convicted felon who     SV is not the CEO
1.a. Is in probation/supervised release.    1 out of 30 americans is, but not the CEO of bfl
1.b. Is prohibited by the terms of his deal from doing a number of things BFL is doing, such as taking money from people.  If so, he isn't doing what he shouldn't because he is not the CEO

2. BFL is a company that
2.a. Consistently made promises which were then not kept, such as to the time of delivery (blown in the past by 4 months +) and specifications of the items delivered (significantly larger power consumption).    estimates are not promises are they?
This was never explained other than "doing things is hard".   You haven't been paying attention

3. BFL PR is a guy who
3.a. Is a loudmouth just like I am, except he makes a lot less sense, rarely has a point and also lacks tits.   You make no sense at all, and you don't have balls too, plus I doubt you even have tits

Dear SLok,

From what I understand, "Nasser G", a Paris, France based IT consultant is implied to have been recently promoted to CEO of Butterfly Labs.

"Nasser G" is employed by a bank in Paris. He has previously declined to answer questions regarding his employment on this forum.

"Nasser G" was titled Chief Technical Officer in a BFL press release dated June 15. 2002.

Some time ago, I made the thread:  Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence.

Some time later, it appears that the Chief Executive (CEO/President/Director) of BFL was fired or demoted in silence, to be replaced by "Nasser G" as Chief Executive, for reasons unknown.

If you or anyone else have corrections to make or new information to share, please do.

The corporate structure and internal workings of BFL are no less mysterious than a black box on the moon.

Which is a bit worrying, considering the circumstances.

Dear Elux,
From Coding in my sleep:
"Sonny Chris Vleisides is not the CEO, Chris Vleisides (his stepfather) is the President (as opposed to his natural father, James Ray Houston, who was listed on the indictment) and Nasser Ghoseiri is the CEO – the confusion is understandable what with all the similar names, step and biological fathers and BFL’s seeming hatred of titles. Sonny is an upper-level executive within the company, but he’s not the absolute head, nor is his stepfather.
Even if he were the CEO, the CEO doesn’t have the ability to arbitrarily run away with much of anything. Like most incorporated entities they have a board of directors. The CEO certainly has a lot of sway with the board, but not enough to take the money and run."
http://codinginmysleep.com/interview-with-sonny-vleisides/
I hope this eased your worries a bit. If not, sorry I could not be of any help.

@ Frizz23, or bitsnpieces, or Cpt. Nemo, or BFL_Lab_Rat, or whatever dress you are wearing tonight, nobody pays me, and the signature is a lottery ticket, but you already knew that. At least 3 of your identities complained about those signatures sofar, a minority I know, but it should have leaked through a bit to the rest of them.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
SLok

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 10:18:35 PM

2. BFL is a company that

3. BFL PR is a guy who

I guess this pretty much settles the point. The discussion was about Sonny Vleisides not Nasser the Nameless. You're an idiot, gtfo.

Nice move BFL, have a lying CEO, hope nobody notices. When somebody does notice lie a little more about it and de-CEO him w/o telling anyone. Make all sorts of spammy prwire releases, sure, but NOT anything about a new CEO, which is the absolute prime thing to report for any company. Wait a few more months, send random shill to pretend this never happened. Who knows, maybe it sticks this time.

BFL needs an S for scumbag in there somewhere.
Sonny Vleisides is not the CEO, now you can nag and whine on, making me think you may indeed be a woman (sort of), that doesn't change facts.

niko

Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 10:21:44 PM

That's a fair point. The only reason I was asking questions about BFL and people involved was that I was trying to make an informed decision on whether to give them my money in exchange for an almost anonymous promise to deliver ASIC miners by October/November. Since those reasonable questions (see "townhall meeting" thread) remained unanswered and ridiculed, I decided not to give them my money. At this point it is safe to say that, regardless what happens in the next month or two, I made a good decision.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: