Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:17:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people around you think about Bitcoin ?  (Read 42928 times)
Genius Einstein

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:15:21 AM

My family does not even know about bitcoin but most of my colleagues around work are always talking about it. I even heard one of my colleagues saying that his son has just got into bitcoining and now even his wife has started this new craze. Seems like bitcoin is the new addiction!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kingno.1

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:12:23 PM

Most of my friends and relatives are not even aware of bitcoin.  Grin
Few which are aware, they do not trust bitcoins and it's survival.
It is only my brother who has full faith in bitcoins.
RBF

Activity: 212
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:19:35 PM

Most of my friends and family don't know Bitcoin. The ones that know, thinks Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme or something not trustfull. They are the same that supports the governments decisions and don't know the causes for inflation and other economical problems. In fact, they are ignorants...
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:36:21 PM

The people around me don't know much about Bitcoin, so most likely they think that it's just a virtual currency not a real money.

Just like what we felt when we know bitcoin at the first time, am I right?  Grin I was thinking the same when I heard about bitcoin more than a year ago, but because I'm interested to know more so I decided to learn more.
Once people interested to know more, then they will learn. Otherwise, they will never care about it even though we try to introduce it to someone else.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:48:41 PM

I introduced Bitcoin to some of my friends but they never took any actions. I guess probably they feel it's too late to the game now. While my relatives prefer real estates to bitcoin as investment, they want something that is real..

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
rio3233

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 03:04:46 PM

The people around me don't know much about Bitcoin, so most likely they think that it's just a virtual currency not a real money.

Just like what we felt when we know bitcoin at the first time, am I right?  Grin I was thinking the same when I heard about bitcoin more than a year ago, but because I'm interested to know more so I decided to learn more.
Once people interested to know more, then they will learn. Otherwise, they will never care about it even though we try to introduce it to someone else.

Yes i agree with you, when i still new about bitcoin i also think bitcoin is not worth and a scam. But when i know what is bitcoin, i interested on bitcoin. That's why we should make people interested on bitcoin, so people around us will think bitcoin is worth it.
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 03:06:54 PM

I told about Bitcoins to some of my friends. Just one of them started to use it, mainly just faucets and then he just stopped using it after he lost all those Satoshis in Gambling (Dice games). The others didn't realize that it is "real" money and considered it just "virtual". I have earned 0.3 BTC and my friends have 0 !

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 03:12:43 PM

Yes i agree with you, when i still new about bitcoin i also think bitcoin is not worth and a scam. But when i know what is bitcoin, i interested on bitcoin. That's why we should make people interested on bitcoin, so people around us will think bitcoin is worth it.

it's very difficult to get non tech people that have been brain washed by the media to give bitcoin a fair chance. if we want to reach user growth throughout the years, then we need these average joes to enter the bitcoin economy. it will be a real challenge getting them to give bitcoin a try. it costs only 30 minutes or even less to know the very basic things about bitcoin. there are very informative videos on youtube that explain bitcoin in easy to understand language. they just have to set the first step.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 03:25:52 PM

my co-workers didn't even know about bitcoin, and i have recently brought up the subject with them and introduced bitcoin by telling them all about it.
but i wasn't so successful in convincing them of the goodness of bitcoin

Buying the dip...
kurdisajo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 06:59:51 PM

my co-workers didn't even know about bitcoin, and i have recently brought up the subject with them and introduced bitcoin by telling them all about it.
but i wasn't so successful in convincing them of the goodness of bitcoin

already convinced some people around me that Bitcoin is real money and useful, legal currency and they changed their minds about this..
KoinKartel

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:11:47 PM

70% of the people I know are full time bitcoin professionals, so nearly everyone around me "gets it." That includes family members and etc

Most of my friends aren't "bitcoin" fanatics in particular, but the general consensus among us is that the 'blockchain' is the holy grail and could quite possibly be the most powerful creation in human history, what with how it has already wrestled the power of value creation away from the "powers that be" and put that power directly into the hands of individuals

Koinkartel.com (http://koinkartel.com)
Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:13:49 PM

People around me think Bitcoin is ass and the users are assholes.  Undecided

yo
Grillo

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:56:38 PM

A lot of people around me bought this bitcoin=terrorism propaganda from the media...  Undecided
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 09:10:16 PM

85% of people I know were not at all familiar with bitcoin. Very few people can tell what is mining what is faucets, or any other way to earn or spend bitcoins.  My friends just dont know what its bitcoin, but after I showed money I got from bitcoins they start to create a different opinion.
I think that this year will be the start of a truly wide adoption of bitcoin, I see people around talk more and more about it. For me that is a clear sign that bitcoin is on a good way.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 09:24:47 PM

The most people do not even know the bitcoin, my parents are knowing it now because I told them about it and they are thinking its pretty nice.
The even think it could be the future, what I'm also thinking due to the point everything is gonna be digital.
KibouDice

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 09:39:49 PM

I live in Spain.

I have found that people that don't know about Bitcoin or have barely heard of it are quite receptive and seem enthusiastic about the idea. I am talking about non-techie people.

Technical people ask too many questions and look with disbelief.

A few weeks ago I struggled at work. I mentioned Bitcoin in a coffee break and one of my workmates turned into a monster in rage as I never seen him before. It was really weird. He seemed so pissed off with the Bitcoin thing. I tried to explain things to him or even changing the subject but he was furious.

Our relationship at work has never been the same after this.

Sometimes it feels frustrating I cannot talk about Bitcoin with anyone. It seems like a really sensitive topic.

I remember mentioning about Bitcoin to an old friend and he said to me: "Bitcoin is here to destroy the economy of the US. To destroy our economy." I was speechless.

I have had a few good experiencies but very few when talking about Bitcoin. People that have a fixed idea about economy aren't good targets to talk about Bitcoin in my experience.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 10:49:25 PM

I remember mentioning about Bitcoin to an old friend and he said to me: "Bitcoin is here to destroy the economy of the US. To destroy our economy." I was speechless.

Sheeple quote of the day.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:55:07 PM

most of my friends think that bitcoin is just a huge waste of time and money lol. ive tried telling them that bitcoin is just like any other currency but just more volatile than the others. the argument that they make is that bitcoin is used for tons of illegal things and i cant really argue with that.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:27:09 PM

most of my friends think that bitcoin is just a huge waste of time and money lol. ive tried telling them that bitcoin is just like any other currency but just more volatile than the others. the argument that they make is that bitcoin is used for tons of illegal things and i cant really argue with that.

Tell them that before creating Bitcoin which currency is used for illegal purposes ? it's fiat and cash of course , and till now fiat is used a lot more than Bitcoin for this illegal activities, so there is no logical reason to accuse Bitcoin for this thing
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:34:11 PM

past year my brother said bitcoin is scam, but now he have more bitcoin than me.
That's a big change and shows you how bitcoin is already on the move and gaining new grounds, I think allot of the new bitcoiner's had negative first impression because of the media then in contact with bitcoin and saw how different it is.
That's the miracle of bitcoin a lot of people out there said that bitcoin is a coin scam they stated this for no reason. they do this because they do not know what is bitcoin
your brother is an example he knew the bitcoin. arbitrarily surely people would be interested in bitcoin
first people must understand what is bitcoin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: