Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:29:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people around you think about Bitcoin ?  (Read 42928 times)
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 08:46:58 PM

No one ever took it seriously. Friends and family blew me off every time I mentioned anything bitcoin related. Some hobbies are better off unshared.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fiscorcle

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 09:11:25 PM

They think it is great and want to use more and more as soon as they get some,
so yeah it is quite a popular currency people around me want to use more than the local fiat currency.
delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 09:21:50 PM

so yeah it is quite a popular currency people around me want to use more than the local fiat currency.

Where do you live ? Is the peoples in your place there a stores or etc that accept bitcoin with the result that so many peoples around you more use and interest bitcoin rather than local fiat ?
Honestly, I have a little doubt about it. Because normal the most peoples keeping comfort and like to use a local fiat and put the other currency like bitcoin and second priority. Except you live in a big city that all of the aspect of life is modern.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

fiscorcle

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 09:53:54 PM

Where do you live ? Is the peoples in your place there a stores or etc that accept bitcoin with the result that so many peoples around you more use and interest bitcoin rather than local fiat ?
Honestly, I have a little doubt about it. Because normal the most peoples keeping comfort and like to use a local fiat and put the other currency like bitcoin and second priority. Except you live in a big city that all of the aspect of life is modern.
In a big city so yes there are many stores that accept bitcoin for payments for services too.
Why is that so hard to believe if there is interest in using it for everyday things that we buy?
Local fiat is losing trust from the people here so they do not want to use it any more and turn to using a currency that they like and enjoy to use instead.
d@nte

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:23:16 PM

My friends doesn't care about bitcoins, they think its for people who doesn't have nothing smart to do. They ask me where is my money from it I say I keep everything in bitcoins, I don't wish to sell them! Their answer on that is that I dont have nothing and that I will not be able to cash them out.
   I'm trying to explain them but I'm losing patience. They will see one day who was right and who was wrong.
They probably did not understand the importance of Bitcoin, and the problems that it can solve. But I believe that their vision will change in this regard, especially when Bitcoin reaches the mainstream media. You can anticipate this by giving better details about the changes that Bitcoin can bring in the world economy.
fiscorcle

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 02:46:20 AM

My friends doesn't care about bitcoins, they think its for people who doesn't have nothing smart to do. They ask me where is my money from it I say I keep everything in bitcoins, I don't wish to sell them! Their answer on that is that I dont have nothing and that I will not be able to cash them out.
   I'm trying to explain them but I'm losing patience. They will see one day who was right and who was wrong.
They probably did not understand the importance of Bitcoin, and the problems that it can solve. But I believe that their vision will change in this regard, especially when Bitcoin reaches the mainstream media. You can anticipate this by giving better details about the changes that Bitcoin can bring in the world economy.
I have met many people like this. They are not giving bitcoin a chance because they have in their minds "They don't want to play around with their money!" mentality. And they obviously need to exchange their fiat currency in for the digital currency because they don't have a clue on how to obtain it any other way. Some of don't by doing services in exchange for our bitcoin while the general public does not know how they would be able to do this or do not have the asset on hand to do just this.
RajaJudi

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

Less is more

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 02:54:13 AM

My neighbors, my friends, as well as my country, do not like bitcoin at all. They barely learn about new tech, new gadgets, the only things they do care about are shoes, clothes, fashion, iphone 7, sex. And sadyly, they dislike bitcoin thanks tomy stupid news and media. Government also try to prohibit bitcoin, too.

wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 03:03:02 AM

After reading some comments I realize that my story is not that much different, most people think of bitcoin as the currency of criminals or think is to complicated to use, but it is their loss since they are not going to be there when the price rises.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 03:52:55 AM

After reading some comments I realize that my story is not that much different, most people think of bitcoin as the currency of criminals or think is to complicated to use, but it is their loss since they are not going to be there when the price rises.
Well we needed to provide them right knowledge about bitcoin i guess giving them right and positive information about this will change their minds and start to research about this currency and for sure they will begin investing as well.
ged00u

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 03:53:46 AM

My neighbors, my friends, as well as my country, do not like bitcoin at all. They barely learn about new tech, new gadgets, the only things they do care about are shoes, clothes, fashion, iphone 7, sex. And sadyly, they dislike bitcoin thanks tomy stupid news and media. Government also try to prohibit bitcoin, too.
You're not the only one who feel this way. I have the same problem all the time, everyone around me doesn't like the idea of having bitcoin and some don't even know what bitcoin is, they think bitcoin is no more than a scam and it's dangerous to use. They even try to prevent me from using bitcoin. And all of that is just because our local newspapers keep talking on and on how popular is bitcoin in deepweb and how it's used to buy drugs.
(altair)

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:40:04 AM

People around me thinks bitcoin is fake or scam. Even if they knew that i earn money from it they just laugh at me and said it is some sort of networking. I just learnt about bitcoin from one of my friends in social medias which i don't him personally and he also have some similar story like me too. People like that will regret what they did when they see bitcoin in few years. Because bitcoin's value will rise even more im the future.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 05:55:56 AM

Here in our country, bitcoin is still not applied here anywhere. They still don't trust what Bitcoin can do for the economy. The vision has without having the central authority such as banks or governments. You don't have to trust someone when trading it is what others dream about having and the blockchain technology made it possible. IIt is truly revolutionary and still in its infancy. A lot of things to be improved and to discover.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:58:10 AM

Well we needed to provide them right knowledge about bitcoin i guess giving them right and positive information about this will change their minds and start to research about this currency and for sure they will begin investing as well.

i hope it can helps them to make a research about bitcoin because many people push their attention with offline jobs because they think its real, they can see with their eyes, and they can feel the money while bitcoin is like a stock and they can not see what kind of this thing, how its looks of bitcoin, and anything else. i hope that in the future many people will be open minded as other people that  know bitcoin in the early.
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 06:21:25 AM

i hope it can helps them to make a research about bitcoin because many people push their attention with offline jobs because they think its real, they can see with their eyes, and they can feel the money while bitcoin is like a stock and they can not see what kind of this thing, how its looks of bitcoin, and anything else. i hope that in the future many people will be open minded as other people that  know bitcoin in the early.
Yeah you are very right. My sister is working on a company as a secretary and me I am only staying at home and do online job. My sister is telling me that I can earn as high as she earn , But opposite happens Im earning much money than her. She is not believing on money online he is just struggeling herself into her work everyday . While me Im just sitting around my computer and starting to make money
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 06:44:49 AM

For the one that don't know what is bitcoin maybe that is the problem they think bitcoin is like game chip, but most of the people that I introduced to already know what is bitcoin and they choose not to used it, because they think bitcoin is a terrorist and criminal coin that used for buying illegal things  and money laundry and they can go to jail because using it, whatever I explained seems like useless, they prefer to listen to the news that only say bad things about cryptocurrencies

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Selly Arumsari

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 06:49:54 AM

So, what do people around you (relatives, co-workers, co-ed, friends...) think about Bitcoin ? Please, indicate your country, so this way I'll be able to make a synthesis about what people think about Bitcoin.

For me : I come from France. My relatives think that it's criminals' tool and that since they can't touch money they don't trust it (note that those same persons are pro-banks, where you can't touch money). My friends think that it is useless and that it has no future. Both of them agree that scare them the most is the Bictoin's price volatibility.

So not so positive Undecided. I hope that you aren't in the same situation.
i am from indonesian , not many know .. few person know but their opinion bitcoin is gambling
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 06:59:09 AM

So, what do people around you (relatives, co-workers, co-ed, friends...) think about Bitcoin ? Please, indicate your country, so this way I'll be able to make a synthesis about what people think about Bitcoin.

For me : I come from France. My relatives think that it's criminals' tool and that since they can't touch money they don't trust it (note that those same persons are pro-banks, where you can't touch money). My friends think that it is useless and that it has no future. Both of them agree that scare them the most is the Bictoin's price volatibility.

i am from indonesian , not many know .. few person know but their opinion bitcoin is gambling

Here in my country and my friends and relatives now are coming to know about the bitcoin and its progress when 2 yrs back when i told them they were joking of me and now they are believing on bitcoin technology. so i think now that bitcoin is progressing in my country
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:02:14 AM

Nobody around me knows anything about bitcoin.

I`m not going to tell them anything,because they won`t believe me.

babyjesusftw1

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:03:54 AM

I know my dad thinks bitcoin is way too volatile to be a viable investment. He thinks that a lot of people have lost money on it, but I don't think he's kept up with bitcoin since the infamous price plummet after reaching $1000. Yes, many people lost money in bitcoin investments, but bitcoin has slowly but surely grown in value over time.

━━━  ▌ ━━━ FansUniteSports Betting on the Blockchain ━━━  ▌ ━━━
︽︾︽︾︽︾︽      WHITEPAPER     │    ANN    │    BOUNTY      ︽︾︽︾︽︾︽
▌ ━━━  JOIN OUR SLACK NOW  ━━━ ▌
Xenophoto

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:04:52 AM

People around me thinks bitcoin is fake or scam. Even if they knew that i earn money from it they just laugh at me and said it is some sort of networking. I just learnt about bitcoin from one of my friends in social medias which i don't him personally and he also have some similar story like me too. People like that will regret what they did when they see bitcoin in few years. Because bitcoin's value will rise even more im the future.

Once you've bought the things that you wanted before, it's time for you to laugh back at them. Right now, you just have to do what you gotta do. Let them laugh at you, let them think that you're onto some networking. Once you've earned enough money, they'll be jealous of you and would think that they should've believed you before. Anyway, you don't have to care about what other people say about your source of income. They don't know bitcoins and so they bash it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: