Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495956 times)
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:36:37 PM

Hi. When trying to purchase BTC today, I accidentally submitted an invalid wallet address as the destination. This resulted in a failed transaction.
If you could please direct my BTC to the right wallet address that would be greatly appreciated.
Transaction ID: 838efc2b-bb74-4ff4-a8db-816ff92e09bc
Zip-Zap:
Amount to Pay: $198.95
Account Number: 479172868

Correct wallet address: 1PWfKuvGvs6QRvYDzU81mq2DrhuwpHJQtu

I'm sure this happens all the time. Thanks bitinstant!

You'll want to log your issue at support.bitinstant.com with all relevant info.  Thanks.
last night I went to the support page and clicked "Email us" and explained everything.
Support emailed me back with a Case #22577.
So that's all I have to do?

Yes, once you've logged your case we are aware of it and we are working on a solution.  Thanks for your patience.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:37:31 PM

im extremely glad i got my funds. but i thought after 24 hrs fees were waived lol?

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your order.  As always, if you have any issue with your order, the process is to log that issue at support.bitinstant.com
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:39:23 PM

Do you lock in the price of exchange when it is quoted? Or when it is executed?

The price is locked in once we are able to execute your order.  This is NOT when you create a quote but shortly after you pay for your order.  After your order is paid for and it reaches us from our third party partners then we are able to process your order and lock in your price.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:40:16 PM

Charlie can you help me out here I have a rather large transaction. I believe two cases have been opened.

case #23569. I have not received anything on my order it was bitcoin to email and I provided the address and the pin on your end.

Please email me if you need anything else.

The transaction id is badd6a85-da06-40fd-b990-f349b2d2e80e

I've already responded to your support ticket.  It appears your order was completed and sent to the email you provided.  Please check your spam folder.
am752

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:09:34 PM

The price is locked in once we are able to execute your order.  This is NOT when you create a quote but shortly after you pay for your order.  After your order is paid for and it reaches us from our third party partners then we are able to process your order and lock in your price.

If that's how things work, why is it that if I buy 4 bitcoins at $110 each at a total of $440 and then it takes a week for my order to clear, I only get 4 bitcoins minus fees instead of $440 minus fees in bitcoins? I received the refund on my fees but what happened to the almost $40 extra? It wasn't used for bitcoins, it wasn't refunded to me. Yet somehow bitinstant still has it. It's taken 2 weeks to get the refund on fees. I'd really like to know where the rest went because I saw when they were purchased from bitinstant and the price they were worth when I got them and there's some missing money.

Edit: I paid $464 for the coins. It should've come out to $441 in coins, which would've been 4 coins at that market price.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:35:51 PM

The price is locked in once we are able to execute your order.  This is NOT when you create a quote but shortly after you pay for your order.  After your order is paid for and it reaches us from our third party partners then we are able to process your order and lock in your price.

If that's how things work, why is it that if I buy 4 bitcoins at $110 each at a total of $440 and then it takes a week for my order to clear, I only get 4 bitcoins minus fees instead of $440 minus fees in bitcoins? I received the refund on my fees but what happened to the almost $40 extra? It wasn't used for bitcoins, it wasn't refunded to me. Yet somehow bitinstant still has it. It's taken 2 weeks to get the refund on fees. I'd really like to know where the rest went because I saw when they were purchased from bitinstant and the price they were worth when I got them and there's some missing money.

Edit: I paid $464 for the coins. It should've come out to $441 in coins, which would've been 4 coins at that market price.

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your order.  As always, if you have any issue with your order, the process is to log that issue at support.bitinstant.com and we will do our best to help.
magicmike20

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:54:44 PM

Made another local cash deposit this morning for Bitcoin-to-Email and haven't received the payload retrieval email from Coinapult. I opened a support ticket but thought I would post here too in case someone moderating the support thread can help.

Here is the transaction ID: 5a36a238-1df6-4821-98a0-f075fbcd378f

I received "Transaction Successful" emails from both ZipZap and BitInstant, but have not received the Coinapult link that I usually receive by email. I have confirmed that the email address used is correct and valid.

I need these coins to follow up on an auction purchase, so I would be very grateful if BitInstant's support team could handle this quickly, as I believe it to be a very minor issue.

Thanks
magicmike20
MrBilling

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:04:22 PM

There are people who are still waiting after weeks for they're $/BTCs.  Anyone who uses BI right now takes the chance they will be waiting weeks also.
magicmike20

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:25:59 PM

There are people who are still waiting after weeks for they're $/BTCs.  Anyone who uses BI right now takes the chance they will be waiting weeks also.

I have had over 6 successful transactions since 6/12/13. There are problems with the system of course because it's in BETA. Anyone who can read BETA on the site should realize that the interface or system could have some bugs. If you choose not to use BitInstant based on single experiences, then that is your choice. But it works MOST of the time and if there is an issue it is usually handled pretty quickly. Waiting on a Coinapult email for the deposit I made this morning still, but sometimes Coinapult is slow.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:29:52 PM

Made another local cash deposit this morning for Bitcoin-to-Email and haven't received the payload retrieval email from Coinapult. I opened a support ticket but thought I would post here too in case someone moderating the support thread can help.

I received "Transaction Successful" emails from both ZipZap and BitInstant, but have not received the Coinapult link that I usually receive by email. I have confirmed that the email address used is correct and valid.

I need these coins to follow up on an auction purchase, so I would be very grateful if BitInstant's support team could handle this quickly, as I believe it to be a very minor issue.

Thanks
magicmike20

Your order has been completed and sent to the email you requested.  Please check your spam folder.
am752

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:33:57 PM

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your order.  As always, if you have any issue with your order, the process is to log that issue at support.bitinstant.com and we will do our best to help.

I've done that. The only reply I'm getting is that BitInstant cannot issue refunds for the difference in BT value. I would understand that if the bitcoins were purchased when I sent my money, not 4 days later. If I send you $464, you take $20 and zip $4, then you refund me $19 after only giving me 4.2 in bitcoin @ $100 a piece, we have some missing money somewhere. It's amazing that customer support took days to get back to me when you owed me money but now that it's reversed they can respond in minutes.
magicmike20

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:38:29 PM

Thanks
magicmike20

Your order has been completed and sent to the email you requested.  Please check your spam folder.

I have both of my email addresses pulled up and I have not received anything from Coinapult on either account since receiving the Transaction Successful emails from both BitInstant AND ZipZap.

The ZipZap account number in the email is: 549730067
The Transaction ID from the BitInstant email is: 5a36a238-1df6-4821-98a0-f075fbcd378f

I have confirmed that all of the information that I provided was 100% accurate. My only issue is that I have not received the email from Coinapult with the payload link so that I can retrieve my payment (yes I checked spam for it a hundred times and I do know my PIN). I suspect that the system failed to send me a retrieval email address. Is there any way for Support to attempt to resend this email since it never made it the first time? Can you help me, Ursay?
MrBilling

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:04:51 PM

I have had over 6 successful transactions since 6/12/13. There are problems with the system of course because it's in BETA. Anyone who can read BETA on the site should realize that the interface or system could have some bugs. If you choose not to use BitInstant based on single experiences, then that is your choice. But it works MOST of the time and if there is an issue it is usually handled pretty quickly. Waiting on a Coinapult email for the deposit I made this morning still, but sometimes Coinapult is slow.

Yea I have used BI since they came out.  Had many successful trans but this is bs.   They are obviously getting the people who cause a huge mess out of the way quickly and leaving the others to wait weeks.

Where are all the posters who were posting on any BI site they could find.  Where's the dude that said he would go by they're offices if he diddnt get his money.  Where is the dude who was gonna file a BBB complaint.

They were obviously takin care of quick.  Your tellin me they make a post ranting and raving threatening this and that then they just decide to wait nicely?   
whitesunfire

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:39:10 PM

My current experience with Bitinstant is into it's 9th day. You do what they ask, provide any additional information they request in a timely manner and wait patiently for what? Silence. You receive the scripted comments they have been trained to respond with and ignore any follow up emails requesting nothing more than an update. I posted in a thread on their Facebook page earlier today with truthful and professional comments warning those who have not sent them money yet to read about them before putting themselves in the same situation many of us seem to be in and they proceded to block me from their page. That alone spoke volumes to me, and I hope others read about their current situation and make an informed decision. Message:BUYER BEWARE.
magicmike20

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:48:17 PM

Most of the people who were complaining never posted again, which is typical. People only go out of their way to make public statements to provide negative feedback. Only a few of them posted again to confirm that they had received their BTC, albeit without the fee reimbursement they were promised... BUT they were told to resubmit a new support ticket if they wanted to claim their reimbursement, so those who wish to do so have to wait for their company to authorize that claim as a separate matter. It's all a lot of messy technical crap, but unfortunately they have to follow the company's protocol and handle each case separately and with whatever information they have available to them at the time. Bitcoin is still a pretty new currency and its popularity has been on the rise so its no surprise that a slight technical glitch here and there can cause a trainwreck of backlogs. Anyway, I'm waiting patiently for my Coinapult email. I believe that it will make it eventually...
whitesunfire

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:37:56 PM

I have used them in the past and had problems before,but they were always rectified within hours. Receiving your money "eventually" is part of the problem, but they know there is an obvious larger problem yet they continue to operate as usual. I have seen questions on their Facebook page asking if it is safe to deposit funds and they respond "Our site is up and running and there shouldn't be any problems".They add that little disclaimer in at the end knowing people are currently experiencing problems and future customers will have problems. Earlier today someone had posted their current support ticket number which was in the 23,000's. My ticket from 9 days ago was in the low 17,000's. That is over 6000 complaints in a short amount of time.I'm sure alot of those tickets are duplicate complaint's,but still that is an indicator of a company with serious problems. They claim to be registered with the Department of the Treasury,and would love to know if the way they are currently conducting business is in violation of some law or regulation.
MrBilling

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:43:06 PM

Most of the people who were complaining never posted again, which is typical. People only go out of their way to make public statements to provide negative feedback. Only a few of them posted again to confirm that they had received their BTC, albeit without the fee reimbursement they were promised... BUT they were told to resubmit a new support ticket if they wanted to claim their reimbursement, so those who wish to do so have to wait for their company to authorize that claim as a separate matter. It's all a lot of messy technical crap, but unfortunately they have to follow the company's protocol and handle each case separately and with whatever information they have available to them at the time. Bitcoin is still a pretty new currency and its popularity has been on the rise so its no surprise that a slight technical glitch here and there can cause a trainwreck of backlogs. Anyway, I'm waiting patiently for my Coinapult email. I believe that it will make it eventually...

Yea but most of those people posted bitching about transactions they just made or made in the last day or so.  So hiw can they be taken care of before all of us who are patiently waiting?

That's what I was saying.   They are picking and choosing.

I am going on two weeks.  And both of my orders were correct no mistakes. 
whitesunfire

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:54:23 PM

Yea but most of those people posted bitching about transactions they just made or made in the last day or so.  So hiw can they be taken care of before all of us who are patiently waiting?

That's what I was saying.   They are picking and choosing.

I am going on two weeks.  And both of my orders were correct no mistakes. 

Wow,two weeks. I thought I might be nearing the end of the road after 9 days.
The other big issue is they continue to mislead people into believing the site is fixed and operating correctly when obviously there is still alot of problems. If they are picking and choosing which problems to fix, this affects those of us who have been waiting the longest.
mrverax

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:48:17 PM

<<The other big issue is they continue to mislead people into believing the site is fixed and operating correctly when obviously there is still alot of problems. If they are picking and choosing which problems to fix, this affects those of us who have been waiting the longest>>

Perhaps they feign technical problems, web site issues, software glitches, partner delinquencies, high transaction volumes, office moves and critical upgrades as dilatory tactics to delay customer orders at the current low price, as they wait for the price of bitcoin to go up?

Of course, this would mean that BitInstant operates under a conflict of interest with its customers, and makes a profit by selling bitcoins - which it is not licensed to do.  BitInstant's consistent, exceedingly high, and impossible transaction execution prices has raised many eyebrows.

If indeed BitInstant profits solely from its collection of transaction fees, then one would expect BitInstant to be taking orders by whatever means possible - pen and paper, if that's what it takes.   The higher demand when the price of bitcoin drops down into the 90's, where it is now, should mean $MONEY$ to BitInstant...  But alas, are they taking orders now???

look deeper for the truth...
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:26:11 PM

<<The other big issue is they continue to mislead people into believing the site is fixed and operating correctly when obviously there is still alot of problems. If they are picking and choosing which problems to fix, this affects those of us who have been waiting the longest>>

Perhaps they feign technical problems, web site issues, software glitches, partner delinquencies, high transaction volumes, office moves and critical upgrades as dilatory tactics to delay customer orders at the current low price, as they wait for the price of bitcoin to go up?
Bingo, that is what I think as well.

They just confirmed that the quote system is bunk.

If it's in their favor they will send you less than their quote.

The price is locked in once we are able to execute your order.  This is NOT when you create a quote but shortly after you pay for your order.  After your order is paid for and it reaches us from our third party partners then we are able to process your order and lock in your price.

If it's not in their favor they will send you up to a maximum of what is defined in their quote.

So the quote validity on their website is always dependent on what is ultimately good for BitInstant.

Of course, this would mean that BitInstant operates under a conflict of interest with its customers, and makes a profit by selling bitcoins - which it is not licensed to do.  BitInstant's consistent, exceedingly high, and impossible transaction execution prices has raised many eyebrows.

If indeed BitInstant profits solely from its collection of transaction fees, then one would expect BitInstant to be taking orders by whatever means possible - pen and paper, if that's what it takes.   The higher demand when the price of bitcoin drops down into the 90's, where it is now, should mean $MONEY$ to BitInstant...  But alas, are they taking orders now???

look deeper for the truth...

Pages: « 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: