Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 02:42:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495951 times)
magicmike20

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:24:03 PM

Most of the people who were complaining never posted again, which is typical. People only go out of their way to make public statements to provide negative feedback. Only a few of them posted again to confirm that they had received their BTC, albeit without the fee reimbursement they were promised... BUT they were told to resubmit a new support ticket if they wanted to claim their reimbursement, so those who wish to do so have to wait for their company to authorize that claim as a separate matter. It's all a lot of messy technical crap, but unfortunately they have to follow the company's protocol and handle each case separately and with whatever information they have available to them at the time. Bitcoin is still a pretty new currency and its popularity has been on the rise so its no surprise that a slight technical glitch here and there can cause a trainwreck of backlogs. Anyway, I'm waiting patiently for my Coinapult email. I believe that it will make it eventually...

Yeah, so I just received the Coinapult email and was able to retrieve my coins at the lower BTC price that I bought them at this morning. I have sympathy for those who have been waiting for weeks, but every time I have had an issue I email support@Bitinstant.com with all of the order information I have as well and I will sometimes also post my issue here on this thread if I have an urgent need for the coins to come through. I have yet to have an issue with BitInstant last more than a couple of days. Keep in mind that companies like this often follow strict protocol in terms of support methods. They have to ask you certain questions and go through a different one of many troubleshooting processes based on your transaction type. While I can't speak for BitInstant and do not intend to defend their position in pending cases with disgruntled customers, I do realize that systems like these are very technically delicate. MOST companies I've dealt with take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to refund you... Not a fun route.

Thanks BitInstant Support for handling this issue today. Got my coins!
smurf2094

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:28:51 PM

It would be great if they fixed the stupid ass identity quiz and the problems with one of our partners glitch..
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:17:10 AM

Okay, I finally managed a few transactions as a guest.   My question is... how come my actual name and birthday, etc. comes up as 'identity cannot be verified' (again, as a guest) but when I spell my name incorrectly on purpose or make up a telephone number... it DOES work.    Kind of strange and annoying that my real name doesn't work, but non-existent names and incorrect telephone numbers DO work?

Smiley

sent from my X6
bobsin

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:08:35 PM

Okay, I finally managed a few transactions as a guest.   My question is... how come my actual name and birthday, etc. comes up as 'identity cannot be verified' (again, as a guest) but when I spell my name incorrectly on purpose or make up a telephone number... it DOES work.    Kind of strange and annoying that my real name doesn't work, but non-existent names and incorrect telephone numbers DO work?

Smiley

This is Obviously a feature, not a bug.. Smiley
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:11:32 PM

I know at least 3 support staff were recently let go due to internal changes, so it's not surprising that responsiveness and resolution has really tapered off.
b32a

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 10:23:25 PM

hello, i see im having some of the same problems as so many others. this was my first purchase with bitinstant and to say as of now it has not been the best.

i just received this email

Subject: BitInstant Transaction Failed

Hi

Thank you for using BitInstant!

This email is to notify you that while we received your payment successfully, we have encountered an error while trying to process your transaction at Jun 29 2013 21:02:03, meaning your order has currently failed.

Transaction ID: 439c2c14-5988-4fe2-946b-431db1e120b8

If you contact support about this transaction, please reference this number so we can help you more quickly.

Your payment of 144.02, has NOT yet been transferred to bitcoin.

Our customer support agents have been informed of this problem and are currently investigating the problem. An agent will be in touch with you shortly regarding your account and what the next steps are. Until we understand what the issue with your transaction is, we suggest that you avoid creating further orders at BitInstant.com (in case you have entered account numbers incorrectly).

Again, we have automatically created a support ticket about this issue and you do not need to create one manually. We will contact you shortly to help resolve your issue.

Thank you for your patience,

The Bitinstant Team

No phone # or online chat. only email and a crappy mailing address. so, am i just supposed to hope the make believe people in the sky will fix it.?
crazylikeafox

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:29:19 AM

I know at least 3 support staff were recently let go due to internal changes, so it's not surprising that responsiveness and resolution has really tapered off.

I have been saying for months that Bitinstant was a Ponzi scheme and on the way out.  Ursay has removed the BI logo from his profile; I assume they have finally realized that just having people respond to every message won't matter when you have thousands of customers complaining.  I don't know what happened to the money, but there is a huge hole in their books that they can't recover from.  Their "technical issues" are absolute BS...I am a web developer, and none of the things they have said pass even the most basic smell test.  The code either works or it doesn't; it doesn't selectively work.

I think the roof has finally caved in.  You'll notice they aren't responding anymore in this thread.  It's interesting that the Winklevoss twins are involved in all of this as investors....they are going to get alot of bad press when the feds finally move in and press charges against the main executives.  Bitinstant is destined to become the worst black mark in the history of the Bitcoin community.  Between this and the suspension of withdrawals from Mt Gox, it may actually be the death knell for Bitcoin in general.
Alicia90

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:40:56 AM

i'm glad they have processed some, i am absolutely for sure they still do not know exactly what is going on let alone how to fix it.
ardana123

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:28:07 AM

When are the mtgox to bitstamp transactions coming back?
hany103

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:32:04 AM

I wish bitinstant was available in my country
b32a

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:06:24 PM

I love how i see these guys online, but they are still not responding. come on bitinstant message people back, call them, hell maybe even email them,Facebook them, and/or respond in all the blogs you have. stop telling everyone to submit a ticket. i have a feeling 98% of these problems have been reported and you are blowing smoke. get it together. as a retire member of the military i have a lot of time on my hands. please don't make me spend my time writing the media, bbb, or jag. i hope you will start to have some kind of support system in place. that's 24/7. yes i expect you to have someone there all the time. you have no problem taking peoples money late at night or on the weekends. that being said i should have no problem getting a hold of someone when there is a problem. sorry everyone i know I'm new here, but if you are going to do something do it right the first time.
mikelbeck20

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:20:45 PM

Getting a failed transaction notice is one thing, not getting a response from customer service in 2 days is absurd. Bitinstant you need to get your customer service in check. You need to let those with failed transactions know what is going on. You need to stop messing around with our money. You need to get it together. I can handle a delay, however a delay without any follow up response besides your copy and paste message is unacceptable and you have a lot to answer for. This is going to gain attention and you had a potential good thing going here and you're ruining it. GIVE ME MY BITCOINS!!!!!!!

Michael    Embarrassed
MrBilling

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 08:09:37 PM

Getting a failed transaction notice is one thing, not getting a response from customer service in 2 days is absurd. Bitinstant you need to get your customer service in check. You need to let those with failed transactions know what is going on. You need to stop messing around with our money. You need to get it together. I can handle a delay, however a delay without any follow up response besides your copy and paste message is unacceptable and you have a lot to answer for. This is going to gain attention and you had a potential good thing going here and you're ruining it. GIVE ME MY BITCOINS!!!!!!!

Michael    Embarrassed

2 days?  Get comfortable.   I am almost at 2 weeks.   Not a word from BI.

I really hope they have not turned scammers.  I have recommended BI to all of my friends starting about 2 years ago when they first came out.  I hope they don't make me look like an idiot.  They have always came throug in the past when there was an issue but I have never saw anything like this.

I have been patiently waiting.  Not threatning them and they can't even give me any kind of word.
mikelbeck20

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 08:25:55 PM

Dude if it was 2 weeks I would be demanding a refund from Zip Zap. If they haven't paid you your Bitcoins in 2 weeks, and I assume it was for a large amount as mine was meager, but after reading all of these posts, I'm already flipping out. I'd be marching into their office if I could, because everything on my end has checked out. I messaged the Ursay guy. Let's see if he does anything.
meyoumeyou

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:12:56 PM

is it still possible to do transactions as guest?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:52:35 PM

Michael    Embarrassed

2 days?  Get comfortable.   I am almost at 2 weeks.   Not a word from BI.

I really hope they have not turned scammers.  I have recommended BI to all of my friends starting about 2 years ago when they first came out.  I hope they don't make me look like an idiot.  They have always came throug in the past when there was an issue but I have never saw anything like this.

I have been patiently waiting.  Not threatning them and they can't even give me any kind of word.
This is what happens when you oversell as a company.

They don't sell what they really have, instead BitInstant uses a flat number system that creates orders they are obligated to meet....all this with a seemingly fixed supply/capacity.

It is a system designed to fail. Any automation hiccups are just compounding on top of the most basics of problems.
mikelbeck20

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:45:59 PM

I'd like to correct myself in saying that I have made contact with Bitinstant. The error actually was on my part though no way of knowing until being told. I made a mistake when I copied and pasted my address. Since talking to Gareth he has submitted my issue to Coinpault which will be fixing the mistake. Make sure when you type that address in, it is absolutely perfect otherwise you can't fix it after it's been submitted. Thanks Bitinstant.
MrBilling

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:24:34 AM

Dude if it was 2 weeks I would be demanding a refund from Zip Zap. If they haven't paid you your Bitcoins in 2 weeks, and I assume it was for a large amount as mine was meager, but after reading all of these posts, I'm already flipping out. I'd be marching into their office if I could, because everything on my end has checked out. I messaged the Ursay guy. Let's see if he does anything.

I dont think Zip Zap has anything to do with my orders.  I did two sell BTC for USD via ACH transfer.

Ifiled a support ticket almost two weeks ago.

No one from BI is even posting on this thread anymore.  And ursay removed the BI logo from under his user name.

Something seems to be going on but I really hope not.  I got a good bit of money tied up in this crap.
mikelbeck20

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:36:31 AM

I was lucky to get into contact with someone. Who knows how long it would've been had I just waited around. I just can't believe Bitinstant can't fix my address problem and just send me my freaking coins. It was a simple copy and paste error. Hopefully I get them soon. Hope everyone else gets their problems fixed.
Cmann4528

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:40:13 AM

See my other post their not even taking deposits in California anymore.
Pages: « 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: