Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:50:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?  (Read 34261 times)
BitsandBites

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:12:40 PM

it is a fact that if internet goes down there will be nothing left about bitcoin. But can we imagin the world with out internet in the present time. it will not only effect the bitcoin but i think it will disturb other important aspects of life.

Why is that? If there are no miners, their are not transactions which is not bad because nobody can make transactions either way. When things are back to normal..
then the economy will start slowly to from where it started.
BitcoinBlackjack

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:39:19 PM

Very good question IMO.
If ever there is a huge solar flare that causes our networks to crash for a few minutes/hours/days, what would happen?
Jushe

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:45:30 PM

I'm tellin you guys...theres a guy out there printing out every bitcoin transaction on a roll of receipt paper! I saw it! We'll just have to ask him!
Login2Luck

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:55:13 PM

bitcoin is i think almost dependent on internet, there will be no other alternate technology for bitcoin except ATM i think,  so i think we have to take care of our internet connection and network and have to live with love and peace so that we do not lose our money.
Erzatium

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:48:40 PM

bitcoin is i think almost dependent on internet, there will be no other alternate technology for bitcoin except ATM i think,  so i think we have to take care of our internet connection and network and have to live with love and peace so that we do not lose our money.

Without internet bitcoin is close to dead. So if it happens it needs to last not too long. A 2/3 delay max can be endured else it will be very hard for bitcoin
to survive.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:24:11 AM

If the internet goes down then bitcoin would be useless. The reason is exist is because of the internet.
Bitcoin can't be used if there's no internet.
before that happens we should think that. what can make the internet could be down or disappear? war? it looks like a war will not happen in all countries? so of course there are countries that connect to the Internet, especially the country non block. so I think there is no possibility for internet disappear overall
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:53:13 AM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

home internet and mobile internet goes down
Bitcoin network completely breaks down. no hash power, no node. no confirmation, then we have to go cash, like dollar, euro.
Yeah if the internet goes down there is pretty much nothing that we can do, we just have to life with it at the moment. We just have to go back to the old ways and use only your countries currency again.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:09:41 AM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

Bitcoin network completely breaks down. no hash power, no node. no confirmation, then we have to go cash, like dollar, euro.
Yeah if the internet goes down there is pretty much nothing that we can do, we just have to life with it at the moment. We just have to go back to the old ways and use only your countries currency again.
People will get mad if such things happen, no possibility for internet to go down, as people rely on internet, everything get collapse if internet goes down, bitcoin will be almost dead as there will be no alternative solution for bitcoin than internet.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:25:06 AM

People will get mad if such things happen, no possibility for internet to go down, as people rely on internet, everything get collapse if internet goes down, bitcoin will be almost dead as there will be no alternative solution for bitcoin than internet.

If on internet on earth in think it is mass hesteria for bitcoin users the transaction well be stop, and the bitcoin will temporary die because no internet connection can be flow. But i think if the internet connection will be back the bitcoin will be back alive because the bitcoin is froze and not decreased because it is just stop due to no connection.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

lrdeoliveira

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:31:59 AM

If on internet on earth in think it is mass hesteria for bitcoin users the transaction well be stop, and the bitcoin will temporary die because no internet connection can be flow. But i think if the internet connection will be back the bitcoin will be back alive because the bitcoin is froze and not decreased because it is just stop due to no connection.

if internet goes down there will be a lot of major problem than bitcoin, all the world is connceted, whitout internet we'll have a cataclism
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:37:22 PM

I think the ATM also be connected to the server of the central bank? if Internet dies not only bitocin the dead but also the management of the banks will have problems because they use the data via online they should use the Internet to connect with over branch so the internet will not be dead. calm dude Cheesy
bittrojan

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:34:19 AM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
just asl your self,do some research by your case,imagine if you have so many bitcoin,but you have no access to internet since you get your bitcoin,what will you do?what happen to your bitcoin?

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
AsaroUk

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:40:05 PM

If that is going to happen than Bitcoin will be bad and there will be also a lot of people that is going to hate Bitcoin and that is quite logic because they use it as a payment method.
And the chance is also really small that it can happen for Bitcoin that the internet will go down.
tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 06:44:26 PM

If that is going to happen than Bitcoin will be bad and there will be also a lot of people that is going to hate Bitcoin and that is quite logic because they use it as a payment method.
And the chance is also really small that it can happen for Bitcoin that the internet will go down.
I think people will hate it than because they will lose a lot of money, most likely this will not happen of course but there is a chance when there will be a cyberwar this is gonna happen..
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 05:12:11 AM

I don't think that the day will come true, but good question, if the day will come so everyone can face the lose and lose, because now not only bitcoin, most of the other business are totally depending on internet. so all people face the lose also including bitcoin's members. 

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:18:36 AM

I don't think that the day will come true, but good question, if the day will come so everyone can face the lose and lose, because now not only bitcoin, most of the other business are totally depending on internet. so all people face the lose also including bitcoin's members. 

Internet won't go down, as everything in this era is totally dependent upon internet. These days only the development in internet technology might happen rather than a destruction.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
NewBet

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:54:48 AM

If internet really go down ,  the scene will like the movie “ Transcendence " in the end..
Of course bitcoin will go down too, i mean completely disappear...
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 07:58:24 AM

If internet really go down ,  the scene will like the movie “ Transcendence " in the end..

Well, I don't think that internet would go down and be gone for a long time and in the whole world...But I think if ever the internet goes down, Bitcoin would also die and along with other things that survives because of internet..
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:05:53 AM

Well, I don't think that internet would go down and be gone for a long time and in the whole world...But I think if ever the internet goes down, Bitcoin would also die and along with other things that survives because of internet..
If the internet goes down then Bitcoin will also go down but the internet will only go down for a short time.

Once the internet is back up and running Bitcoin will also come back to life. That's why Bitcoin will never completely go away. It always comes back.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
JeanMcCoy

Activity: 363

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:30:16 AM

If that will happen than Bitcoin will disappear I think because Bitcoin is depended on the internet so the internet is really important for Bitcoin so internet must be alive.
And the chance is also small that it can be down, internet is really important for the whole world, not only Bitcoin but also some stores and companies so the chance is also low.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: