Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:13:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?  (Read 34252 times)
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:55:51 AM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

If the internet goes down, for sure bitcoin will no longer be useful it will be useless. But in my perception internet will not goes down. We know the edge of having an internet nowadays.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 12:40:27 PM

Bitcoin would be inaccessible together with all the other data that the Internet holds. Bitcoin is based on blockchain and blockchain needs the Internet to function. Without the Internet, there'll be zero transactions. But when the Internet goes back, our Bitcoins will be there as if nothing happened unless the whole internet data gets wiped out.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 01:04:39 PM

Bitcoin would be inaccessible together with all the other data that the Internet holds. Bitcoin is based on blockchain and blockchain needs the Internet to function. Without the Internet, there'll be zero transactions. But when the Internet goes back, our Bitcoins will be there as if nothing happened unless the whole internet data gets wiped out.
the blockchain is not just only online and diapers. every miner and full node have a copy of it on there computer. so every one of these would need to get unusable for the blockchain to be destroyed.

Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 01:58:28 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

What is cayos all about ? thats weird i just heard or read it here , well internet will never be down like those website are down internet is popular and it all over the world we can't just lost our internet connect it would happen when zoombie happens to use it would probably kill all.
takingthis4

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 02:00:45 PM

If internet goes down, then  btc could not work. As it is  easy to see, internet is a key requirement  for the network operation.
thats true because bitcoin is dependent on the internet and it is vital for it to get to internet connection if we want bitcoin to exist

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Shrinath

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:35:48 PM

You need to gain idea on Blockstream Satellite. There are few satellites launched to allow people who do not have any access to internet. Yet with the use Blockstream Satellite they can exchange bitcoins, which does not need the access to internet.
Bella Thorne

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:39:07 PM

no way that happens  Grin
In my opinion, bitcoin will be also go down if the internet will goes down, why? Bitcoin will be goes down or will died without internet, because internet is the life of bitcoin and particulary all of our wallet will also needs an internet.

violette27

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:23:26 PM

If the internet goes down then you can not have or will lose an access to bitcoin. Internet is like the life of bitcoin. Without it, it may not be useful.
sudhirratra68

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:49:22 AM

If it shuts down and never comes back, yes bitcoin is dead, but we’ve got bigger problems than bitcoin.

If it shuts down but the internet is quickly restored, miners would probably reconnect and start up where they left off. Any smaller forks would drop out in favour of the greater good and bitcoin would be quickly back up and running. Worst case scenario something goes haywire and there would be an agreement to use a new version starting back where the pre shut down left off. Again people would readily accept this for the greater good of restoring the network quickly. It would be pretty fast. No changes required, just roll back the clock a bit to undo anything bad that happened when the power came back on.
racham02

Activity: 257

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:18:35 AM

if there is no internet connection or goes down the bitcoin is useless, because the bitcoin is a digital cryptocurrency that needs internet connection. If there is no internet we can not cash-out,we ca not cash-in, the cryptocurrency will not run without internet connection.

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:27:28 AM

If the internet goes down, for sure bitcoin will no longer be useful it will be useless. But in my perception internet will not goes down. We know the edge of having an internet nowadays.

The thread starter is asking a question he definitely know the answer. You only need common sense to be able to understand this, absolutely there will be no transactions if the internet goes down and got rekt. Grin It's the same with this forum you can't post on this forum when there is no internet. Roll Eyes
kuronokishi10

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:38:54 AM

according to me if the internet goes down bitcoin would be wiped out and not a trace of it would be left.
internet is the basic requirement for any crypto currency.
what good is food if you cant eat it?what good is money if you cant spend it?
if we give you a thousand bitcoins and tell you that you are not allowed to do any transactions,what good is it?
as simple as that
fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:41:47 AM

Bitcoin next year already has satellites but if the world economy is in chaos it is not impossible that bitcoin will also be affected. the price will also decrease even back to the original not worth it

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
sneeze11

Activity: 347

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:54:11 AM

I think bitcion will gone if the internet goes down. Some others said that next year bitcoin has a satellite but it can affect the price of it so the price of it will be down but for me there's a possibility that bitcoin can gone even if have a satellite because how they can communicate or how they can do the process without internet.
aray80

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:39:03 PM

which will happen to bitcoin, Without internet, bitcoin buyers and sellers can not connect to trade with each other and this will dramatically affect the bitcoin price negatively...
cjinny

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:46:24 PM

If the internet falls then bitcoin will have no value, so does altcoin. Therefore we must anticipate by investing elsewhere, such as gold investment, land properties and profitable investments.
trolliban

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:47:29 PM

No transactions could ever be made so basically whatever amount of BTC you hold whether on a hardware or electronic wallet will be useless due to the incapacity of purchase stuff with it
RakknRoll

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:28:23 AM

I think that bitcoin will be lost when the internet does not have enough data to be bitcoin, so internet is a huge loss to us without it. where we have more money in life.
MS.LAWLIET

Activity: 221

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:47:58 AM

If internet goes down bitcoin as well will go down. Well this bitcoin is a digital currency and it runs all over the world with the help of internet. if there's no internet theres no way we can earn sell and buy bitcoin.
GalahadSeika

Activity: 179

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:56:44 AM

I think the chances of internet going down is impossible because people will do everything they can so that internet will not go down because believe it or not we cannot live without it now but if ever internet goes down it would be a disaster because all icos will shutdown and many more and thus the bitcoin will be do e for good its value will dramatically decrease.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: