Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:59:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?  (Read 34259 times)
imoet

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

homt.net

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:13:11 PM

Nowadays everything is depend on internet. Maybe people will try hard if there is something happen bad with internet, especially the users of bitcoin. Because internet is a main thing for bitcoin. We can not do anything related to bitcoin if internet goes down.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
jeanpadel14

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:46:24 PM

Once internet goes down bitcoin become useless.We can not do anything related to bitcoin if internet goes down.Because internet is the important requirement to access in bitcoin.And not only bitcoin will affected once internet goes down also the bank.Nowadays everything is depend on internet.But internet going down is impossible because people will do everything they can so that internet will not go down because we need this everyday and  we cannot live without it now

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀            i v y            ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM     ●    FACEBOOK    ●     TWITTER     ●    YOUTUBE    ●     LINKEDIN
ljm8888

Activity: 163
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:50:21 PM

The Internet crashes? This is really an unimaginable thing. The world is now inseparable from the Internet. The collapse of the Internet may be the breakdown of human order. Of course, the bitcoin will not exist. The existence of bitcoin is based on the Internet. It is not separable.
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:51:19 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

Well, my partner will benefit whatever happens. She knows all my accounts passwords and wallets. I did that just to be sure that no matter what happens, I can still secure and sustain her life even without my presence. If a person dies and if even a single person doesn't know any of his accounts, his money will just hang for nothing.
Sihab76

Activity: 1302

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:52:29 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
No Internet no online currency no bitcoin. Skeletal is the backbone of body as the same way internet is the backbone of bitcoin. No Internet connection no Bitcoin.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:10:05 PM

Heyy, if internet is erased from this world, bitcoin network will down. Every bitcoin transaction is processed by miner using their hashpower in the world network. If internet down, the network of miner is down too, then there is no process for bitcoin transactions. So maybe till now, there is no other way than internet, that used for connecting the blockchains and the miner's network.
cetel

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:14:11 PM

the correction of bitcoin up, if he took it at the highest level
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:13:48 PM

Well we will not longer be able to trade in Bitcoin although if the internet completely went down then we are in for a storm of problems.
Internet is the fastest way to transact in all kind business in the whole world. If internet goes down its a big problem a calamity in business world and we cannot trade bitcoin we dont have profit to gain.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:02:54 PM

Internet is the most vital services of all business structure here in the whole world and I think it will cause a big problem if the internet slowly goes down or out of commerce.
The bitcoin will lose their demands since they will not be able to provide a good service.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:20:50 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

Bitcoin network completely breaks down. no hash power, no node. no confirmation, then we have to go cash, like dollar, euro.
Definitely theres no transaction that can happen when there is also no internet connection. We know all of that because it sinks to our minds that when you are taking access to bitcoin you should have internet connection too amd a gadget to use.
Danglen1010

Activity: 230
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:44:15 AM

I think it will also goes down, but I think the creator of bitcoin will think some other medium of bitcoin, that's why bitcoin is good.
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:47:38 PM

Well we will not longer be able to trade in Bitcoin although if the internet completely went down then we are in for a storm of problems.
If the internet goes down there is lot of problem facing of bitcoin. Because internet is the bridge in business in the whole world. How we communicate and transact if internet goes down.

cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:52:36 PM

Maybe bitcoin would be worthless at the time it happened,but hopefully it wont happen in the near future.

Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:09:03 PM

Internet can't switch of in all continents in one time.
If this happened bitcoin networks stops and wait when we launch internet, then it continue working.
If one of the continents switch off internet, btc network continue working without this continent, and when he connect to internet again he download full blockchain and also continue using network

KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:27:38 PM

If the internet fails and dies, the blockchain dies as well, thus killing every cryptocurrency circulating around the world, killing the industry of mining and cryptocurrency trading. If that happens, everyone who sold their house for bitcoins are crying a river.

cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:32:26 PM

Once the internet is down the bitcoin peer-to-peer network is down. Once the bitcoin network is down there is no way to transfer bitcoins. Bitcoins without internet they would be like a cell phone with GSM network. Phone without network is basically worthless to the same thing might apply to bitcoin without the internet.
droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:41:50 PM

Internet can't switch of in all continents in one time.
If this happened bitcoin networks stops and wait when we launch internet, then it continue working.
If one of the continents switch off internet, btc network continue working without this continent, and when he connect to internet again he download full blockchain and also continue using network
If the bitcoin is broken, online transactions will not be possible and that is bad for the investors. I will not be able to imagine what I would do with my bitcoin number without the internet, I would sit and watch my fortune without doing anything, it was a nightmare for me.

Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:28:23 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency which means every time bitcoin needs internet connectivity. If there will be no internet then there will be no bitcoin and even no one will do trade because we can't do transactions without internet.

Kezio

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:41:05 PM

Let's put it this way, the internet has become a bridge that connects people. It has become a vital resource for a multitude of industries and some fields depend on it for their existance. The latter is the case of cryptocurrency, which was created to give more freedom when it comes to the financial part of more and more businesses. Without that bridge, as everyone else stated, Bitcoin would become redundant.

PRIORITYEX
███  ███  ███  PROFIT SHARING CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE  ███  ███  ███
███ ANN Page ███ WhitePaper ███ Telegram ███ Twitter ███ Facebook ███ Bounty ███
Clauston

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:55:25 PM

Let's put it this way, the internet has become a bridge that connects people. It has become a vital resource for a multitude of industries and some fields depend on it for their existance. The latter is the case of cryptocurrency, which was created to give more freedom when it comes to the financial part of more and more businesses. Without that bridge, as everyone else stated, Bitcoin would become redundant.

More than a bridge is a way of life, the internet no longer depends on us, it is totally the opposite and I doubt it ceases to exist, there would have to be a thousand-year-old revolution to stop existing. And with the flow of BTC and the new cryptocurrencies, it is impossible
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: