Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 04:06:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?  (Read 34280 times)
The Monkey King

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:19:42 AM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
if the internet goes down of course bitcoin will be affected because it's an online currency you can only access your account and use it if you have an internet the cryptocurrency not only bitcoin will gonna i think stop because no one or less people are using it and the money of the people will gonna wash out without internet you can not get the money you invest in bitcoin.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:22:52 AM

If the internet is down, it's obvious that we can't access bitcoin again. Bitcoin will dead i think, since there will be no one using it again.
We can't check our bitcoin, manage it, buy or sell it anymore without internet.
It's the only way to access bitcoin so when internet is over, bitcoin will be over too. Except there's a way to use bitcoin without internet.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Christian13

Activity: 227

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:31:14 AM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

i think the internet has become a bridge that connects people. It has become a vital resource for a multitude of industries and some fields depend on it for their existance. The latter is the case of cryptocurrency, which was created to give more freedom when it comes to the financial part of more and more businesses. Without that bridge, as everyone else stated, Bitcoin would become redundant.
jdhkslj

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:35:25 AM

Internet is common need today lives.bitcoin is depends on the internet.if internet goes down,bitcoin can not survive.
qwertyuiop0987654321

Activity: 185

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:38:23 AM

If internet goes down or basically shut down then there is only one thing that might happen to BTC it might go down also. Everything about Bitcoin needs internet. Like for example, this forum, internet is needed in order to post, if there is no internet, there is no post, if there is no post, there is no gain of BTC.
malah

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:24:21 PM

If the internet goes down maybe bitcoin is inaccessible and nobody can do sales there so bitcoin can disappear.
Vendetta666

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:44:53 PM

bitcoin is connected to the internet and if no internet is also lost all your transactions about bitcoin. your token bitcoin ethereum will also disappear because all of those are already connected to the internet and you will not get it again, and your hard work will be lost because we do not know how its moderators can start
adjong

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:00:56 PM

the epic can be bigger in another trading site and especially in bitcoin. when the internet drops in a country there is only a small number of people who use the internet because it's not a home-only internet benefit when it comes down. Bitcoin is economical because it is very small Wink
RamseyJoyce

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:42:54 PM

We will return to the times when bitcoin never existed, all your assets with bitcoin will also disappear. and everyone will go bankrupt
yfyjgtgui

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:48:34 PM

Bitcoin depends on the internet.if internet goes down bitcoin also goes down.
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:48:56 PM

I think if internet goes down bitcoin will be loss because how can they work on it without internet if bitcoin is connected to it. We can earn from bitcoin in many way but all that way is need an internet just like example this forum we need internet to post or reply to a quote so if we don't have internet we can't work on it.
jawadmehmood

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 03:01:07 PM

Fall of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency, and almost every thing that operates via internet.

Cryptocurrency News Reviews, Community  (https://99altcoin.com)
doomloop

Activity: 2366
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:37:31 PM

If the internet fails and dies, the blockchain dies as well, thus killing every cryptocurrency circulating around the world, killing the industry of mining and cryptocurrency trading. If that happens, everyone who sold their house for bitcoins are crying a river.
It will be hard to reach our bitcoin wallets because in bitcoin it is all about internet and it is a digital currency so it is good to favor bitcoin for using internet and not to lose this technology ever. In bitcoin we are being introduced so new features every day so I hope someday we will know about something applicable without internet or may be bitcoin will become internet free and so anything can happen to bitcoin.

ericbrown

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:06:02 PM

Bitcoin can not exist without internet, if internet goes down, that means we would have to say goodbye to bitcoin, this is what i don't pray for in my life.
Bitcoin wont survive in the absence of internet
elie_s

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:26:23 PM

if internet stops mining stops and everything stops
but why will internet stops?
dont worry this will never happen

•••     BitCloud  BTDX    |    A new type of decentralized currency     •••
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
• Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    •    ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  Twitter  Github  Slack
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:50:34 PM

If internet goes down,the digital currency also is affected because its driven by internet,all transaction in trading,mining,gambling etc will be affected ,because bitcoin can run through only with internet connections,but definetly i dont believe that internet will totally down because not only bitcoin is depending in internet ,mostly all technolgy driven with a computer would be affected like website,machine,shopping center,so for me its impossible that internet  will go down its services.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
patapon49

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:54:24 PM

If there is no internet, there is no bitcoin, even less evidence that we actually have no bitcoin
Tramle091296

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 12:43:38 AM

face to face trades? Of course there must be a way to broadcast the transaction anyways. And as said on previous topics, if there is no internet service, we probably have bigger things to worry about.
yeah not bitcoin is the only affected our daily life too. Maybe you can buy and sell things without money. By using qr code?

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
steamon

Activity: 404
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:48:14 AM

Only a worldwide EMP can stop Bitcoin. While it's realistically not far off. If the sun gives a large enough burst it can happen. But the chances for that are very small and there is always a node somewhere that can run on emergency power for a bit. I think a real danger is world war 3 but even then nodes can be run everywhere and miners as well. I don't see it possible those days.
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:04:15 AM

That will be a disaster if the Internet will go down, without internet, no one can have any access to this blockchain. That's why Blockchain fully dependent on the Internet. That's why Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will also go down if The internet will do down, and we will lose our stock in the absence of internet. that's a negative side of this platform so that people are afraid of this blockchain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: