Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:27:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?  (Read 34254 times)
TGJJ

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:17:10 PM

buy some silver. if the internet goes down it will 10x
Taskford

Activity: 2562
Merit: 795

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:25:09 PM

If the internet goes down then there will be no way for the people to use bitcoin and also transact using bitcoin and the bitcoin will just get stuck and there might be a lot of problems that will occur in bitcoin because of the shutdown of the internet but i think that in the reality, it will never happen.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
uttoransen

Activity: 89
Merit: 5

GuestCrew

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:25:18 PM

Interesting thought, if the internet goes down ... then we have a lot of other things with more priority to worry about than bitcoins!

However, if it really comes to that then perhaps we can find out a way to mine off line and get some other medium like perhaps some off line storage that we can take from one computer to another and get our mining synced - which seems like an almost impossible thought.

thanks,
Uttoran Sen

GuestCrew - An Influencer Marketing Platform | Join the GUEST Coin ICO - https://guestcrew.com/buy-coins
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:09:36 PM

If the internet goes down, Bitcoin is rendered useless, you pretty much can't do anything. But I doubt that the internet will ever go down, as in like fully shutdown across the whole world.
If the internet goes down it is a big calamity in business world if that happen. But I believe that internet will survive if that happen it never be shutdown.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
vaughn125

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:47:03 PM

If the internet goes down then there will be no way for the people to use bitcoin and also transact using bitcoin and the bitcoin will just get stuck and there might be a lot of problems that will occur in bitcoin because of the shutdown of the internet but i think that in the reality, it will never happen.

Lol. Bitcoins and whatever crypto currencies existing on that time wouldn't be the main issues that people will be thinking about when that time comes. It'll be the last thing that people would be worrying about. At least i know this will be the case for me and people anear me. Lol. Just think about it, the world is already in chaos, killing each other to survive and all, no communication for Medical cures for new illnesses and so much more,  would you still have the time to think about your cryptos? Lol. I dont think so. Haha
Poppy5555

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:50:36 PM

buy some silver. if the internet goes down it will 10x
First if all internet is not going anywhere because it is the most important need of everyone now a days. And if we consider that it goes down then Bitcoin will also end as it trades online... No internet will mean No Bitcoin... 😊
iamevsandiamcrealifer

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:02:05 PM

there would be no bitcoin anymore for sure
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:14:17 PM

If internet goes down then bitcoin transaction totally stop.Because bitcoin run always with internet.There is no ways to use bitcoin without internet.Bitcoin use online wallet.Moreover If all world destroy then no need our dollar,euro or bitcoin Grin
LillyBogan

Activity: 18
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:15:39 PM

Probably if the internet goes down its the end of the world,many businesses and industries are depending in the internet,governments are also using internet,if that happens global and economic problems will occur,BTC is the least we should worry about in that times.
ymirymir

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:19:42 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

This is one of the limitations of bitcoin. Bitcoin will not be accessible without the internet, so a lot of people would lose their money. This will be a complete chaos because a lot of funds are stored in bitcoin. Once, it is inaccessible, people will lose their long stored money.
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:26:40 PM

If the internet goes down, Bitcoin is rendered useless, you pretty much can't do anything. But I doubt that the internet will ever go down, as in like fully shutdown across the whole world.

Obviously you cant do anything about your coins if the internet will go down because cryptocurrency is being runned by the internet, but you do not need to worry since internet today is becoming more successful and the bill monthly is very cheap so there is no need to worry about that and focus on working on bounty campaigns to earn more fiat.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:28:34 PM

Of course, bitcoin will start to become extinct because the only one to access bitcoin ie the internet is not just bitcoin but all digital services in the world that use the internet as access will be stalled and maybe many digital companies will go bankrupt. Hopefully, this does not happen in the future, because I am not satisfied to enjoy the development of this bitcoin.
CryptoChris18

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:21:09 AM

Without internet connection all transactions, trading and exchanges would not be carried out. It would all stop without the availability of internet. Since all of that depends on the internet. 
Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:15:49 AM

If internet goes down, bitcoin will automatically used less. because bitcoin is only run by the access of the internet, but of course once this happened, all we need to do is to store our bitcoin in to offline wallet and wait till the internet back again. if there is no internet, there is no bitcoin.
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:27:52 AM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
Given that scenario bitcoin will be useless, no transaction to be made and if it really happen we will be depending on cash. Since bitcoin depends on internet all of it's transaction will goes down also. But I don't think and hoping that it will not happen even in the future. We are doom but hoping that when the internet come back our wallet is still intact and safe. Let just pray it will never happen, because no internet no bitcoin that's the saddest part of it.
2Godbdglory

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:40:35 AM

What happen to bitcoin if internet goes down? That means there won't be accessed to any information from the net from anybody. All the social medias will b down to nothing there4 there wouldn't be internet connection and communication. On this note of mine no internet no BITCOINTALK. Thankz
Asusnumbaone

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:41:05 AM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

Bitcoin network completely breaks down. no hash power, no node. no confirmation, then we have to go cash, like dollar, euro.
I am pretty sure that if there's a will, there's a way. Yeah people who are using bitcoin will find a way to transact with each other. Maybe a face to face trading using a Bluetooth or a hotspot to transact. Maybe using codes like what we used in out phone. Maybe through mobile phones then send each other to trade bitcoin or to transact bitcoin with each other. Maybe a peer to peer connection to exchange bitcoin. There is a lots of possible way if you really like to transact. We are now in the digital age and never let your mind to be occupied by limited resources.
cryptojohn9

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:36:25 AM

The question is if that happens and let’s face it, the chances of it happening are not much. However, if the internet goes down for some time then BTC will be considered useless because there will be no mining etc.
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:47:27 AM

In reality what if the internet goes down what would happen in bitcoin I think it  takes a month or a year before we move on to take back the internet or maybe somehow somewhere there could be  a possible that our country would do a solutions in other way to get back using bitcoin.It might be useless but I think our governemnt will have a solutions for that.
sabarr

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:14:24 AM

if the internet goes down it will disrupt all systems across the country and not just in bitcoin but all systems that use the internet, we can not access bitcoin and can not do transactions so that will hurt many people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: