Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:51:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?  (Read 34254 times)
Tuare aget

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:17:20 AM

Everything can happen in the future and we can only assume what the future will bring for us. If the situation with the Bitcoin vanishing would realize itself it would only last for while like you stated but this short term of internet shortage could mean a big fail in the value of the Bitcoin and when Bitcoin would recover there would be some huge consequences for the holders of the Bitcoin. Bitcoin would lose its value a lot and nothing would ever bee the same because the investors would lose the faith and their fears would be connected with the possible bad outcomes of the future Bitcoin progress.

This is good explanation. I agree all what you say here everything can be happen and nothing will never happen so we have to be aware about everything. Short term shut down of internet can make big affect to bitcoin itself and its also true since people will just panic to think about their asset.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frery

Activity: 147
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:32:20 AM

If things go wrong on the Internet, I think it's more than just bitcoin, but more important things, and I feel like the world is paralyzed without the Internet.
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:51:21 AM

Then it would be the time or probably the chance of bitcoin to face the end. Well, hundred no, thousands of people will get affected badly of it especially for the people who really much depend on bitcoin for their daily living since bitcoin really gives and supports us for us to provides our basic needs like clothing, foods and the monthly payment which is very heavy for people who does not have a stable income or permanent job. Also, the improvements will be in waste if internet would go down. Since, internet can only work with the use of internet. Not only for bitcoin but for the people who work together with a use of an internet like an Information Technology related jobs.
MeongElek

Activity: 418

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:16:44 AM

Bitcoin is the digital currency, and we know it. Of course all BTC activities are done using the internet network, from start mining, trading, investment, and join in this forum. So, if the internet goes down I make sure there is no activity on BTC and other altcoins. Or maybe there is a new step from BTC in responding to the internet down.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
teterunit

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:18:00 AM

The first and biggest problem is that your Bitcoin mining process will be affected.  Roll Eyes
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:23:40 AM

Bitcoin would still be bitcoin if the Internet shuts down. Though The Transactions, mining and etc. would be greatly affected since this industry depends on the internet alone it will freeze every transaction and any crypto related activities will stop. Hence if the internet really shuts down, then not only this industry will be affected but almost every businesses, the stock market, automated factories and etc. will definitely suffer too.

In addition, if this literally happens even in a short period of time then this would be a major loss for the whole community.

It might be useless but I think our governemnt will have a solutions for that.

Just to give you an idea, Not all government or country accepts nor prohibit Bitcoin in general. It is useless indeed, but some of this government would literally solve the issues on the internet but for the countries that Ban or prohibited its people to engage in Bitcoin then nothing will change (their only concern is the internet).
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:26:35 AM

As far as cryptocurrency is concern, the internet plays a major role for transactions. There is absolutely no two ways about it, when internet goes down, bitcoin tend to go down as well. As a result of the internet failure, bitcoin transactions would become frustrated.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Aristus

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:29:06 AM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
All the transaction would totally shut down, and the answer if bitcoin can rise again only the time can tell since there are also altcoins which is affected by that time. Now this altcoin will take this as an advantage to overtake bitcoin.
futuristic18

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:32:18 AM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

Bitcoin is a crypto currency, in other words it's a produc t online which we use through internet. SO if net goes down, we can not do anything with Bitcoin or any other crypto.
On The Rocks

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:35:12 AM

Forget about Bitcoin, what would happen to the world that we live in if the internet goes down? Initially the internet was just about a few basic things you did, but its there with you in absolutely everything. How will the stock market work? How will banks do business? How will regular businesses conduct themselves? What about credit card companies? In other words because internet is so integral in our lives everything will come to a standstill, not just Bitcoin.
Jessica2009

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:20:26 AM

How is it possible that internet will go down? Since internet era nobody can imagine a day without internet in life;now internet have become a part and parcel of life to all of us .The only way of shutting down of internet is by cyber attacks so government may take some steps in order to prevent such cyber attacks The question is that what happens to Bitcoin if  internet goes down then Bitcoin also will go down.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
rasmadisulaiman

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:37:44 PM

If the internet goes down then bitcoin goes haywire in its network, all bitcoin transactions will stop until the internet recovers. If this happens it will result in losses experienced for all bitcoin owners, they can not transact or witdraw.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
codpku

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:46:27 PM

If internet goes down all sector will get an effect
For us who try to get money from bitcointalk we can do all the bounty and we can't get money anymore hehe

Dulanjaya

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:55:54 PM

Bitcoin based on internet completely that is not because of anything else because of bitcoin is an online trading.Let me explain you,If you are a bitcoin user then you have to do mining,bounty,trading,ICO or airdrop to make money ,Those can only be done through internet .so, Bitcoin will be useless if internet goes down.
xamxam

Activity: 409

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:58:51 PM

I think bitcoin will think other way to make bitcoin continue to use of every individual. But nowadays it would not happen because there are many ways how to develop the signals and other site of internet to make our generation easily use internet.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:08:04 PM

Nothing happens to it. Its just like saying what happens to my favourite game show when power goes out. Nothing.
Your bitcoin will still be where you left it, just that you can't access it.

DexterRock

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:19:26 PM

Nothing happens to it. Its just like saying what happens to my favourite game show when power goes out. Nothing.

If things are so bad that the internet goes down, your bitcoins is the last thing you will be worried about...
xebecstyx

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:20:21 PM

If the internet goes down, Bitcoin is rendered useless, you pretty much can't do anything. But I doubt that the internet will ever go down, as in like fully shutdown across the whole world.

I agree. Although not all transactions and activities in the cryptocurrency market are done with the use of the internet; most of the essential ones like trading, investing, keeping holdings are mostly done in the internet. Therefore, if the the internet would go down, it would cripple all activities related to the cryptocurrency market, specifically in the bitcoin market. Although there can be ways to do it offline, the convenience and ease of transacting worlds apart, being it is one of the characteristics of bitcoin would be compromised.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:21:08 PM

Bitcoins get stuck in cyberspace without any movement. Bitcoins won't move and circulatr all over the world because the only thing thay keeps bitcoin from moving is the internet and the blockchain. Without the internet, bitcoins are basically useless.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:24:16 PM

Yes it is true and we are not talking here about the shutdown of internet.  It just stayed there and nothing will be moved or there would be no changes.  And if ever that internet connection will goes off, that I could not handle.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: