Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 01:08:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?  (Read 34274 times)
alonrono

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:24:44 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
If you dont have internet you dont have Bitcoin.
All the transaction hashes and everything that connect to the bitcoin are shut down.
teejaymuna

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 01:26:40 PM

Firstly, is there any possibility that the Internet can be closed down. How is that possible. I think this question invalidates yours.
Gandam23

Activity: 424
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:32:19 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

Bitcoin network completely breaks down. no hash power, no node. no confirmation, then we have to go cash, like dollar, euro.
We cant trade or even undergo in transaction using our mobile phones or comluter when there is not internet because internet is so important for you to connect with each other and for you to send or receive particular value to that transaction. So i can simply say that internet is really important.
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:08:08 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

I think if the internet goes down, that would affect all cryptocurrency, specifically, bitcoin transactions negatively and in a great scale. I say that because so many facets of the cryptocurrency market are predicated with the use of the internet. Most transactions, trades, e-wallets, and the likes are all in need of the internet to work. You can consider the internet as the river that streams down the boats, which could be compared to the bitcoin transactions, if the river is not there then you can't use the boat, although there are other means to actually transact, it is less convenient if not troublesome.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
justyourkuya

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

Bounty Campaign Management

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:15:40 PM

I don't think there is a possibility that yhe ever faster and well used tool to connect and communicate other people in the four corners of the world which is the internet will be fully shutdown. Remember that bitcoin is a digital currency used in business or payment transactions. It'll be useless if internet connection will ever be out of reach. We cannot pay bills online, transact online, save and invest online, etc.
kamotharnn

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:08:04 PM

Nothing happens to it. Its just like saying what happens to my favourite game show when power goes out. Nothing.
Your bitcoin will still be where you left it, just that you can't access it.

If things are so bad that the internet goes down, your bitcoins is the last thing you will be worried about...
If internet went down, your Bitcoin would still in your wallet but how you can take it out? Everything will be in uncontrol situation. "Bitcoiners" will turn into crazy for sure. The digital currency market will be paralyzed. However, the point is Internet won't down and it will never happen. Just relax and keep investing Grin Grin
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:12:28 PM

Well thats the worst case scenario for all of the people in the crypto currency world. First and foremost, how could we use bitcoin as payment if the connection is down? If it happen that internet connection gets disrupted, thats a lot of shit were going on buddy. Imagine for example you invested 20K for bitcoin and then suddenly the internet connection disrupted. Thats the saddest part of it you have your investment but you cant earn it nor took it back again. Sad
cavaBcoin

Activity: 181
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:53:14 AM

Internet is now becoming the basic needs of human life. If internet goes off, not only bitcoin but whole world gets halted. Because almost all economies, industries, educational institutions are using internet in their day to day activity. Whole world will collapse for a while. Bitcoin is a digital currency. It get stored, verified and secured with the help of miners which are spread worldwide, internet is the main connecting link between them. Bitcoin investors will suffer a huge loss; they will not be in a position to perform any transaction. But situation like this will arise only when World war will broke out or a huge Tsunami will hit and destroy the whole civilization.
That’s right, Internet plays a very important part for our modern life.  Wow, I fancy that it’s really terrible , I can’t do anything without internet even a day . If someday the internet goes down, I definitely think that it affect badly in many fields. With crypto currencies market, we all know that internet is not only important but also necessary with this digital market. We need internet to take transaction, get information, or exchange news about bitcoin.. Therefore bitcoin will bankrupt and even so are many other coins.
Gatot84

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:23:24 AM

Broadly speaking if the internet down then bitcoin as a replacement. Do not you know that blockchain operates independently you can connect your computer and use it even though you like, you can even gamble and watch movies that use blockchain as your main browser. Cool
danie161

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:30:05 AM

If we lose the internet may well be in vain because bitcoin is not available yet . But in my perception internet will not goes down. We know the edge of having an internet nowadays.
cherrymobile

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:19:34 AM

Given this scenario it makes non sense  of the money you earned from bitcoin.You should be more secure  save your money in your some accounts. And make it cash so that you can save your money not just stayed on bitcoin. So that if it will happen you are more secure .
clubchain

Activity: 95
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:59:37 AM

Internet failure affects not only bitcoin, but also the operation of the entire world. I think this is impossible. If this happens, Bitcoin transactions will only be abandoned and development will slow down.
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:06:34 AM

Bitcoin is a shit coin if internet goes down. Paper currency is safe at all times, we cannot depend on this shit internet and bitcoin all the time. Think if any one has an emergency situation where internet is down on that time, really annoying. Never depend on this kind of internet thing in currency all the time.

Rouse_creationsHostel

Activity: 333
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:16:16 AM

How would you use your credit card if the internet goes down? Tongue
It doesn't de-legitimate Bitcoin more than it does for FIAT,
Except that fiat has hard CASH.

I would rather have family/friends/food/shelter/defense/transport/isolation and gold if these apocalyptic circumstances happen.  Smiley
Dudy

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:18:58 AM

I never think about this but if it is happen I will just go and pray and go to my bed and had a long time sleeping because there is nothing to do 
iyan33

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:20:19 AM

if the internet network drops or dies a lot of bitcoin will die because this bitcoin depends on the internet network and its transactions through the internet network, it is impossible to run this bitcoin tampa internet network. I think this is not possible
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:25:05 AM

If the internet goes down then so as bitcoins because bitcoin transactions wil always be depend on internet does how it works. The other scenario is our bitcoins will be froze for awhile until internet connection come backs in.
markk94

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:26:06 AM

it will definitely would have big impact on digital currencies. because if internet goes down, it will disturb of digital currencies transaction. and with that problem, many of coin holder would like to sell their coin.
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:37:45 AM

Assume internet as the bank which helps you transfer your funds to other accounts. So if the bank is closed due to some reason, say on a holiday or something. And you totally depend on the bank for any kind of transaction like bill payments or so. Then all you can do is wait. And in the case of bitcoin, if the internet goes down, you only can wait until it's back again. As a war might hopefully not last forever.
haocoin

Activity: 223
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:45:12 AM

Bitcoin's trading and operation would have required support from the internet, which would have disappeared without it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: