Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:02:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?  (Read 34252 times)
Rollesto

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:39:12 PM

At first I don't believed that internet will be soon goes down but in case it will happen I think the percentage of bitcoin users will also goes down because we all know that this bitcoin will be used with an internet connection and without this it will not function .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:40:49 PM

Bitcoin evolved in a virtual world. This means that bitcoin only work with internet connection because it is digital. If the internet goes down then for sure bitcoin will disappear. Obviously we cannot use bitcoin if there is no internet. Its a crytocurrency that need an internet connection to function. Everything about bitcoin is dependent with internet connection. Without internet connection then bitcoin is useless because you can only access bitcoin through online. It belongs to a virtual world, you cant touch bitcoin because it is digital so i guess internet is must for bitcoin.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:41:24 PM

Bitcoin will goes down also becuase bitcoin has no physical appearrance. But if they invented a physical wallet and the device that can transfer bitcoin without internet bitcoin will not dissappear
Yes bitcoin will without internet go down and any person will never get extra beneficial, so it is very necessary that internet is provide to everyone rather they join bitcoin and earn much more money.
Yes i agree on that bitcoin really depend on the internet so then if the internet will go down the bitcoin will also down.But the question there is.Is it possible that the internet will be shutdown? If we put basis the usage and the popularity of the internet that even the government transaction and any other works really depend on it,i believe this internet will not going to shutdown it is verry usefull and it helps a lot to the economy it contributed a different helps to make work verry fluent and become more simple.
for me there is no possibility that internet may go down cause we all know that not only bitcoin may affect there is a lot of transaction that may based on the internet may interrupt so for me this is may not even happen.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:07:55 PM

There are two possibilities against bitcoin if the internet decreases. First, bitcoin will suffer and maybe bitcoin will be extinct because it can not be accessed to be managed. Second, there will be the latest innovation that allows bitcoins to be managed offline so that if managed offline then bitcoin will have a physical form as an option to invest an asset.
Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:12:57 PM

I don't think face to face trade could be an option for bitcoin if in case  internet goes down, crypto currencies generally are internet powered they can not operate effective without IT. 
Heartseed

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:15:56 PM

Bitcoin is sure to suffer or will continue to decrease in value because there will be no access to the internet. Having no access in the internet means that all bitcoin related activities will surely stop. Well, i dont think if there is any trading that will happen since i think bitcoin cannot exist of there's no internet so, there is no possible trading can happen if there is no internet.
Bitcoinismylife12345

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:54:21 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
If this thing happens, then we all need to use real money or fiat currency or gold or any other precious metal maybe. Bitcoin will become powerless and useless. But I doubt that the internet will ever breakdown like it will fully shut-down in the whole world.
manyu22

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:33:05 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
If this thing happens, then we all need to use real money or fiat currency or gold or any other precious metal maybe. Bitcoin will become powerless and useless. But I doubt that the internet will ever breakdown like it will fully shut-down in the whole world.

I do not think the internet can go down, the longer that internet users it a lot. so it is quite difficult if the internet is down. with so bitcoin will be able to advance with the internet is always advanced.
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:46:08 PM

At first I don't believed that internet will be soon goes down but in case it will happen I think the percentage of bitcoin users will also goes down because we all know that this bitcoin will be used with an internet connection and without this it will not function .

I agree with you.
when that happens I think it is a death on bitcoin because it has lost its function and can not be used anymore.

odakorlina

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:56:33 PM

Bitcoins was being produced through using the internet.  Bitcoin is a digital currency which doesn't have any physical form. So without internet,it's impossible for the dealer and buyer to exchange goods. Probably the end of bitcoin story if this things will going to happen.
Kokoy

Activity: 201

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:59:04 PM

face to face trades? Of course there must be a way to broadcast the transaction anyways. And as said on previous topics, if there is no internet service, we probably have bigger things to worry about.

Thats pretty impossible, Bitcoin  was made through technology and how are you going to present it personally? If internet goes down, theres no possible way for us to connect with this.

Lorin

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:06:17 AM

If the internet goes down it's a big problem for all the Bitcoiners or even in all of the internet users.Today,most of us are using internet for fun and most if that is for business.
Bitcoin will go down because it works because of internet or maybe someone will make a solution for the internet shutdown.
olatslodi

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:22:05 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that requires an internet connection. In other words we can't do anything if the Internet goes down. In fact, many users will also affect if internet goes down in a way of posting in the different forum.  I conclude that it will be a great chaos in the Bitcoin world. But who knows in the future if the internet really goes down, maybe there will be an alternative method will exist.   
ross09

Activity: 202
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:45:00 AM

For me internet will never be going down that is a new trend now of millennial everything will be gone but not the internet that the future generation. And there's some country that offers free data everywhere so they can access bitcoin as much as they need so how come people are predicting that internet will go down in the future if that's the center of every transaction in our daily living.
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:51:44 AM

If the internet goes down, the bitcoin might be crash also because bitcoin exist through technology and internet. But that it is imposible to loose in internet because it is worlwide that has internet. So if there has an internet, there is a bitcoin that flows of it.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:59:27 AM

this is not part of the context too,if the internet goes down because you will have no access in your wallets then.so the thing is no sending to anyone from anywhere and this is a very bad situation if we faced this in future.

Well if this happens all this crypto coins will have no value,1/4 of the worlds economy will drop since this percentage represents the totality of crypto to the economy..but i hope this would never happen or if does hope i did manage to exchanged all my funds into fiats
Wolf of Btrex

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:22:20 AM

No internet is no access to online services, Your bitcoins in your offline wallet will be secure, as long there will be no hard-fork.
But the chance that the whole world (miners included) will have no access to the internet, is very slim.
Steadfast20

Activity: 104
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:25:34 AM

We always hear the word bitcoin network and as we know network is related into internet so when the internt is down, we can't use bitcoin in transactions. This will never happen because most countries have internet already.

BetHash - Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS & more! ☞ Play Lottery | Play Dice | Get Referral Bonus[/center
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:34:05 AM

Bitcoin motion and rapidly growth is because of internet connection. Without internet connection bitcoin will be in a stagnant place to the particular area where no internet connection. Bitcoin business in other country will go on. No internet connection all over the world is a total bitcoin force to stop in the way of internet connection. Still business must go on no matter what.
overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:38:45 AM

If the whole internet goes down, the bitcoin network goes down too.

The balance of all of the address remain unchanged,because of no more new transactions .

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: