Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:19:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will halving affect the value?  (Read 19670 times)
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:38:26 AM

You people have to learn how to use the search function. There are more than ten duplicates of this thread.

The price would rise, the miners would start pumping their saved up bitcoin so the double, so the 12.5 BTC is worth what 25 BTC used to be.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:49:57 AM

Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

Halving have the same effect of a difficulty jump by 50%, and we already had that recently, so it is not a big event worth notice

lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:40:03 AM

Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

Halving have the same effect of a difficulty jump by 50%, and we already had that recently, so it is not a big event worth notice
So that's mean will not give affect anything, especially price will jump high and i hope we can back to $1000 after halving
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:37:40 AM

So that's mean will not give affect anything, especially price will jump high and i hope we can back to $1000 after halving

this mean that the price need to go up again, because the diff jump already killed the margin on profit for the halving that is coming
asa.convex

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:38:45 AM

Definitely because there will be less reward for the miners. The price must go up.

bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:44:55 AM

Well almost all people say the price will rise, so that is also my prediction. That the price will rise because less coins will be mined.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:25:34 PM

I think the news/media hype will cause it to break the old high.  We'll hit close to $1500 USD per BTC.  Maybe crash after that.  

The media will only jump in once Bitcoin reaches the $1000 price level again. If that's going to happen, then yes, there will be a lot speculation in the price that will make the price come down again at some point after the block halving. There will be a lot YOLO people stepping into Bitcoin to make a quick profit. It will be kinda like the previous time when the price touched $1000 for the first time. Pure madness.
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 01:14:33 PM

I think the news/media hype will cause it to break the old high.  We'll hit close to $1500 USD per BTC.  Maybe crash after that. 

The media will only jump in once Bitcoin reaches the $1000 price level again. If that's going to happen, then yes, there will be a lot speculation in the price that will make the price come down again at some point after the block halving. There will be a lot YOLO people stepping into Bitcoin to make a quick profit. It will be kinda like the previous time when the price touched $1000 for the first time. Pure madness.

Like that wasn't fun!
The mainstream media unfortunately is interested only in hype and FUD, so that's why they (will) jump in at $1000.
Bitcoin still needs something epic to happen for the media to grab it and start saying good stuff about it.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:42:45 PM

Definitely because there will be less reward for the miners. The price must go up.
In theory that is logical. But have you studied history of other crypto halvings? It will be 2nd bitcoin halving, and litecoin had halving before as well.
And you know what happened back then? Price instead of rising went significantly down.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:27:07 PM

Not necessarily, dude...
It's us speculating that the "PRICE MUST GO UP" when halving takes place...
Who knows, we might lose many miners' interest in Bitcoins and see some downtime which might let the price back down to where it was???
There are many factors, so deciding just on the "halving" factor won't do anything alone...

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:28:16 PM

You people have to learn how to use the search function. There are more than ten duplicates of this thread.

The price would rise, the miners would start pumping their saved up bitcoin so the double, so the 12.5 BTC is worth what 25 BTC used to be.

Hehe so much for the theory. Smiley
Let's hope it will play out like that, then there's nothing to worry about.
However in the end and also could end in a completely different scenario. For instance that we see no rise in value, therefore some guys are disappointed and start to sell their stash.Result is the price will decrease. That would be something I guess no one here of us wants to become reality.
DailyModo

Activity: 812

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:29:41 PM

I think Yes it will, because many people will invest in bitcoin before reward halving happen, we will see hike in bitcoin price before halving but after halving it can drop again to stable price range.

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
zodiac3011

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:40:25 PM

I think Yes it will, because many people will invest in bitcoin before reward halving happen, we will see hike in bitcoin price before halving but after halving it can drop again to stable price range.
We can all expect the price back to the stable price range because after the price got pumped up pretty high people will begin to dump it. Everything will be back to normal Grin
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:36:07 PM

I think the news/media hype will cause it to break the old high.  We'll hit close to $1500 USD per BTC.  Maybe crash after that. 

Like that wasn't fun!
The mainstream media unfortunately is interested only in hype and FUD, so that's why they (will) jump in at $1000.
Bitcoin still needs something epic to happen for the media to grab it and start saying good stuff about it.

I haven't heard much good about Bitcoin from the media so far. Here in the media, it's either Bitcoin price is reaching a 12 month high, or criminals demanding Bitcoin ransom. They just want to highlight the bad things, and that's it.

Bitcoin is bad, it's a criminal currency, it's being used to finance terrorism, it's being used to launder money, bla bla bla. That says enough. Undecided
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 07:44:07 PM

Thats the main reason i think that the price of bitcoin is raising in the last weeks/months, the incoming halving.

Would be pretty easy that the price become x2, the real challenge and what intrigues me is what will happen after few months after the halving...

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:08:14 PM

I believe nothing will happen, like nothing happened the last time.

The price is actually good right now for most asic miners to keep on running profitable. I do expect a minor pump in march/april though.

Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:34:56 PM

For mining to profitable we need a price somewhere around 500. If the price is above that we will see no change. If it's less then that the price will adjust to 500.
If not we will see a lot of miners going...
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 11:24:33 PM

Well, Vishal Gupta, the of CEO SearchTrade recently said that the last Bitcoin halving had an 8x impact on price back in 2012. interesting fact, although i think that the impact will be smaller, but 2 or 3x could be possible.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 05:56:17 AM

Well, Vishal Gupta, the of CEO SearchTrade recently said that the last Bitcoin halving had an 8x impact on price back in 2012. interesting fact, although i think that the impact will be smaller, but 2 or 3x could be possible.

With respect to current bitcoin adoption and user-base rate, I predict the impact will go in multiplication of previous one. Yes, you can expect 16 times or 24 times of price raise of bitcoin based on halving consequences. Roughly I expect the price to test $10k levels around this halving.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:51:32 PM

when the time is right for the bitcoin price could rise after halving?
I must be prepared to buy some bitcoin, surely
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: