Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:51:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will halving affect the value?  (Read 19664 times)
sured44

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 09:02:30 PM

The halving will affect the halving on a good and positive way in my eyes, it will let the price rise to a high amount.
Maybe it will even let the price rise to a record height, that would be pretty sweet if you ask me because than we would make a lot of profit.

Like most people I share an opinion that halving will couse to BTC price go up,but to what extent will it be really is hard to say.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidrab14

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 09:40:20 PM

The halving will affect the halving on a good and positive way in my eyes, it will let the price rise to a high amount.
Maybe it will even let the price rise to a record height, that would be pretty sweet if you ask me because than we would make a lot of profit.

Like most people I share an opinion that halving will couse to BTC price go up,but to what extent will it be really is hard to say.

Everything is possible, but if we look back at history, he will probably rise in price. Halving will reduce the fresh supply of bitcoin
krypt0n0

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:25:30 PM

The theoretical "value" of BTC post-halving is double what it is right now so around $860. That's the VALUE and PRICE may and probably will be different, because 1) the market is not fully efficient and 2) the halving has already probably been taken into account with our "doubling" pump from $220 -> $440. This is assuming demand for BTC remains the same.

What will probably happen at the halving is whales will SELL the news against noobs who are just discovering about the halving and going fomo. Then over time it will pick up again.
Olaf

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:28:28 PM

Everything is possible, but if we look back at history, he will probably rise in price. Halving will reduce the fresh supply of bitcoin

The history you are referring to is exactly what year? lol.

Theres too many events to go over with bitcoin.. if you are referring to the 1st exchange prices, that doesnt really count. Since the 1st exchange acted more of a ponzi that blew up the value.

adomers

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:11:22 PM

Price will increase. Course there may be support lost through this process, however the price will balance itself out inviting more people than ever to use the currency.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:38:07 PM

The halving will affect the bitcoin on a positive way, I'm very sure of that, its just a matter of time we also see what it will bring of course.
Most likely it will be good for the investors and for the miners less more good because mining is gonna take a lot more time.

MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:07:51 PM

The halving will affect the bitcoin on a positive way, I'm very sure of that, its just a matter of time we also see what it will bring of course.
Most likely it will be good for the investors and for the miners less more good because mining is gonna take a lot more time.
Yes the halving will be very positive, I also think miners will be very disappointed with the halving and I also recommend them to already hold some bitcoins for the future(halving) that is coming.
Overall I think everyone could make profit because of the halving, but this is not to predict.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:23:08 PM

Yeah everyone expecting for a growth or increase in price which is termed as positive. Bitcoin nature is different when compared with other currencies. Anything might take place. Lets expect for the best of peak rise in price.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
sadyas

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:37:38 PM

Yeah everyone expecting for a growth or increase in price which is termed as positive. Bitcoin nature is different when compared with other currencies. Anything might take place. Lets expect for the best of peak rise in price.

the amount of bitcoin is limited. So if it is used widely and become valuable, the price will rise gradually.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 06:05:43 PM

The halving will affect the value on a good way most likely it will let the price rise to a high amount for sure if everything will go well and nothing will happen before or after it.
The only downside from the halving is that miners will be busy for a longer time to gain bitcoins.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:11:39 PM

I think the halving will be very good for us all and that it will let us make profit for sure, without any doubts.
There is just such a good chance that the bitcoin is going to a high amount.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:53:04 PM

I think the halving will be very good for us all and that it will let us make profit for sure, without any doubts.

I think you might be wrong. The halving price is already in the current price, so it may become that the price will not change at all.
just like we saw the last halving.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 04:45:17 AM

I think you might be wrong. The halving price is already in the current price, so it may become that the price will not change at all.
just like we saw the last halving.

I'm puzzled by all this talk about "the halving price". The halving itself has no effect on the price other than reducing the downward pressure of an ever-increasing supply.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
BitTyro

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 03:01:54 AM

Historically, halving has no visible impact on the price just like what happened on November 2012 when miner's reward was halved by 50%. But bitcoin was not as popular as it is today. If it stays as popular as it is after the halving, the law of supply and demand dictates that bitcoin's price should rise until it finds an equilibrium.
Yauthitdar

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:05:44 PM

Historically, halving has no visible impact on the price just like what happened on November 2012 when miner's reward was halved by 50%. But bitcoin was not as popular as it is today. If it stays as popular as it is after the halving, the law of supply and demand dictates that bitcoin's price should rise until it finds an equilibrium.

I think the big price rise happened 3 months after the halving, due to the financial crisis in Cyprus. But the price dropped from $266 soon.

rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 05:14:10 PM

Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

well first you need to know what halving will do, halving will halve block reward for all miners so this means that price of bitcoin will have to rise or mining will be unprofitable

so halving will make price of bitcoin to rise, and many people predicts that price will be 1200$, while i think that it will be around 1000$, but either way, that's very good news

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 06:46:06 PM

The value will be affected with some big numbers in my eyes, I do not think that it will go down.
I think it only will go up because of the incoming halving this year.
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:04:03 PM

well first you need to know what halving will do, halving will halve block reward for all miners so this means that price of bitcoin will have to rise or mining will be unprofitable

so halving will make price of bitcoin to rise, and many people predicts that price will be 1200$, while i think that it will be around 1000$, but either way, that's very good news

Or  miners will turn off unprofitable equipment when the price does not rise.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:37:39 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 09:53:42 AM by Amph

sure and the network will be insecure, if you're going to portrait this reality for each halving, we all know that bitcoin is doomed, by your logic, so you should sell now everything and forget

instead you are still here playing with bitcoin, you know that there is a higher chance for the price to increase that's why you are here
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:22:51 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 10:14:24 PM by odolvlobo

sure and the network will be insecure, if you're going to portrait this reality for each halving, we all know that bitcoin is doomed, by your logic, so you should sell now everything and forget

instead you are still here playign with bitcoin, you know that there is a higher chance for the price to increase that's why you are here

It is a big leap to go from the price remaining unchanged to the death of Bitcoin, but yes that could be its fate. Either way, it is irrational to expect the price to rise simply because not doing so might be bad for Bitcoin.

As for why I am here: I believe that Bitcoin could revolutionize the world and I want to contribute to that revolution. And while I do own some bitcoins, I would be happy to see their value drop as a result of worldwide adoption (which is a real possibility). I believe that the most likely outcome is a higher value in 10 years, but I still give Bitcoin a 30% chance of failure.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: