Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:01:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin better or paypal?  (Read 281183 times)
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:46:24 AM

Both are good, both are for online transaction, paypal has chargeback and bitcoin doesnt.
For some reason paypal is better (for buyer) and sometimes bitcoin is great i use both of them

But bitcoin and paypal are not same. Bitcoin is far better than paypal. If we use paypal it has huge amount transaction fees than bitcoin. If wanna compare paypal means We can compare with Western union. Transactions are open and transparent in bitcoin Not like transaction medium.
sadasa

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:57:28 AM

Both are good, both are for online transaction, paypal has chargeback and bitcoin doesnt.
For some reason paypal is better (for buyer) and sometimes bitcoin is great i use both of them

But bitcoin and paypal are not same. Bitcoin is far better than paypal. If we use paypal it has huge amount transaction fees than bitcoin. If wanna compare paypal means We can compare with Western union. Transactions are open and transparent in bitcoin Not like transaction medium.

If Paypal integrates the bitcoin, will the transaction fee reduce a lot. I think the paypal transaction fee is mainly the credit card fee.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 02:54:12 PM

yes paypal have revers transaction fecilty and thats why i will also advise everyone not to deal when their is paypal option by the way bitcoin has all the features provided by paypal and in  additional we get some more advantages like anonymus feature and the rappid buy and sell i mean its population.i think more peoples are using bitcoins in compare with paypal sorry for my bad english here
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:42:38 PM

It depends because using sometimes the paypal it does not charge fees.
Sometimes it charge to the merchant side sometimes on both ways, but is good in this case because of small fees.
sadasa

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:27:22 PM

Sometimes it charge to the merchant side sometimes on both ways, but is good in this case because of small fees.

When I sell on Ebay, Paypal charges me a lot. When I send to friends, there is no charge at all.

B2

BitDouble.io

greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:32:03 AM

I was the user of paypal before but nowadays I am not at all using paypal. Because their transaction charges are heavy then bitcoin. But bitcoin If we wanna send 1 BTC. It will just consume .1 percent only as a transaction fee. If we wanna compare paypal better can compare with western union.
dk8218

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:20:04 PM

Yes... you are right..
In some cases... buyer will pull back his payment by saying that..
But nowadays o don't think this is happening..
But also you should take care while dealing with PayPal..
If possible then use other payment methods..
Jackling

Activity: 357

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:45:34 PM

I was the user of paypal before but nowadays I am not at all using paypal. Because their transaction charges are heavy then bitcoin. But bitcoin If we wanna send 1 BTC. It will just consume .1 percent only as a transaction fee. If we wanna compare paypal better can compare with western union.

What is your usual usage of paypal? Do you use it to accept payments when you sell goods? If so, the charge is quite high.
wikenpp

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:25:37 PM

When I sell on Ebay, Paypal charges me a lot. When I send to friends, there is no charge at all.

Sending to friends is cost-free when using your paypal account, but suppose they charge a fee, why is it this huge.
4% is too much. It should be less then  1%.

I am sure this is the reason people are leaving paypal now.
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:08:22 PM

If not 10, then bitcoin is 100 times better then paypal.
Fees, but also the anonymous part of bitcoin is better. Why should we trust paypal with our identification documents?
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:43:11 AM

Bitcoin is far far far better than paypal because of paypals nonsense fees.
sadasa

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:08:23 PM

If you want charge back and other kinds of protection, you need to pay the fees.

B2

BitDouble.io

avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:02:44 AM

You exactly right dude. PayPal's transaction fees are high than bitcoin. Just like a western union transfers.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:40:37 AM

If you want charge back and other kinds of protection, you need to pay the fees.

those protect the buyers not the seller, so it's pointless to pay for something not complete, you can protect both with bitcoin also, with a trusted escrow

paypal is just a trusted escrow, nothing else
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:14:31 AM

Don't think any centralized source can really compete with BTC especially not PayPal. They love to lock and steal user account's and funds. The fees are of course higher with PayPal as well especially with international transfers.
wikenpp

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:50:13 AM

Don't think any centralized source can really compete with BTC especially not PayPal. They love to lock and steal user account's and funds. The fees are of course higher with PayPal as well especially with international transfers.

Yeah, you've not any control with them. Not over your own money f.e.
They can hold it and say you did something wrong and that's it for you.
HITTI2

Activity: 563

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:58:59 AM

those protect the buyers not the seller, so it's pointless to pay for something not complete, you can protect both with bitcoin also, with a trusted escrow

Paypal protects the seller.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#11

When I sold my headphone amp, to enable this protection, I had to enter the USPS tracking info.

Win7x64 Pro, Acer XB240H, Corsair Obsidian 750D Black,DEMCifilter Corsair Obsidian 750D Dust Filter Kit,Delidded i7-3770K OC'd@4.5GHz, F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM, MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GD5, ASUS Xonar D1, Vantec UGT-ST644R, ASRock Z75 Pro3, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU, EK-KIT L240, 2 x NF-A14-FLX Fans, 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 128GB RAID 0 32KB strip, WD Re WD1003FBYZ 1TB,2TB HGST/Hitachi (HUA723020ALA641),2 x HGST A7K3000 HUA723030ALA640 3 TB, Vertex II 60GB,Samsung SH-S223L.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:21:41 AM

When I sold my headphone amp, to enable this protection, I had to enter the USPS tracking info.

yeah but chargeback is requested buy the buyers, it is still not clear who would win in a dispute between a seller and a buyer

i guess it depend on the case examined
sadasa

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:41:28 PM

How can the paypal know that you send the right stuff to the buyer? The UPS tracking info just proves you send something.

B2

BitDouble.io

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:12:10 AM

How can the paypal know that you send the right stuff to the buyer? The UPS tracking info just proves you send something.

i guess you need to provide, valid info like photo or video in the worst case, in the case of a dispute
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: